Is there a minimal distro with a simple gui installer that isn't dogshit? I just want to browse...

is there a minimal distro with a simple gui installer that isn't dogshit? I just want to browse, torrent and play FTL via steam without it:
a) shitting itself
b) having a lot of bloat
c) requiring 2 years on a desert island compiling

Attached: 1557063491043.gif (785x757, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

regolith-linux.org/
debian.org/CD/netinst/
dwm.suckless.org/
wiki.debian.org/Steam
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

whats wrong with using Fedora?

>gui installer
>steam

minimal?

relatively speaking. ubuntu came with a shitload of things I didn't need

Check out regolith. I like their style:
regolith-linux.org/

Tinycore

Here's what I did a few times on my laptop:
- Install Ubuntu in the server/minimal configuration, which means no GUI right after install (navigatiing the installation menus is easy enough)
- Install Mate desktop from command line
- Install other missing packages from the command line, like some control panel things, microsoft fonts, necessary packages for Steam, ffmpeg and pulseaudio for Youtube in Firefox... etc.

I don't know of any "complete but minimal" distro, but Ubuntu from server works fairly well for my use (just webbrowsing and a bit of office)

looks interesting thanks
this is indeed tiny. I looked at alpine too but not sure if i'm up to the task
this could be a valid choice too, thanks

Alpine requires more work to install. Tinycore plus or w/e the 100mb image is you just boot it up from the disk, click on the tc-installer icon and follow the bouncing ball. After a fresh install just grab firefox, nautilus, vlc and the like and you're ready to go.
Or you can go for the non gui version and shove your DE on top but that's a non gui installation solution.

Bunsenlabs.
Its a community fork of crunchbang, which was comfy af.

Why did you post a picture of me being beaten? This is rude and unacceptable on a SFW board.

Install Fedora30 KDE

AntiX

Attached: 1557060864183.png (1224x672, 197K)

xubuntu is like 3 gb

WTF dude
Why did it make me laugh

Just fucking read the wiki of whatever minimal fag distro you want to install. If you can't read then just roll ubuntu and stop being autistic

debian.org/CD/netinst/
dwm.suckless.org/
wiki.debian.org/Steam

antergos

>debian.org/CD/netinst/
How does this help? He either selects to install a DE, which is just as bloated as regular iso, or installs only basic system utilities and then has to autistically install the rest from CLI.
Ubuntu mini.iso actually adds something as it allows you to install "minimal" versions of some DEs like XFCE.

SteamOS

>How does this help?
A lot
>He either selects to install a DE, which is just as bloated as regular iso, or installs only basic system utilities and then has to autistically install the rest from CLI.
He just needs to update to testing, install xorg, dwm and some other stuff. If he does everything right, would take him at least an hour.

archlabs

ubuntu is a derivative of debian.
debian has a graphical installer and you can choose to not install whatever you want by unchecking it.
whatever you could do in ubuntu you could also do in debian minus all the bloat.

>minus all the bloat

> systemd

There is nothing wrong with systemd.

Whatever you say, Luke.