Vanilla Music or Vinyl and why?

Vanilla Music or Vinyl and why?

Attached: Vanilla music VS vinly (f-droid).jpg (550x305, 20K)

foobar2000 because no bloat

One that comes preinstalled with LOS

poweramp or neutron if you want a decent audio quality

I prefer VLC for actually listening to music.

Vinyl does not fuck up albums with 2 or more CDs like vanilla does (vanilla recognizes stolen from deezer Arcade Fire's Reflektor Deluxe as 3 different albums)
But Vanilla allows you to automatically load lyrics, covers and tags easily with plugins.
Vinyl is basically FOSS version of poweramp.
If you torrent your music or download it from Soulseek and are ok with editing song tags sometimes, then choose Vanilla. If you pirate from Deezer, for example, with included .m3u and .lrc files, use Vinyl.

>PowerAMP
Yes.
>neutron
Huh, it does come with folder view, so it's a yes then.

Attached: 5702296.png (768x1280, 322K)

poweramp has shit audio configuration

oh no, the spyware loosers are here

Vinyl is actually a floss version of phonograph.

Yep, thanks for ftfm

I don't need anything as long as it plays music accurately.
I don't EQ my music, I buy good headphones instead.

Buy a dap you poor piece of shit! Phones have trash audio quality, no hardware controls, terrible software and battery life. Even the cheapest dap shits all over your icuck or androjeet junk!

Placebo.

Folders aren't meant to be an organizational structure.

They are when you have music sorted like you should.

Music folder->Artist->Album->songs for album.

Unless you're a retard that just paste every song from various artists into the same folder that is. At that point it's a problem on the user, not the player.

Folder view is for people that have proper order with their music library.

Have fun constantly changing folder names whenever you download something, making it impossible to seed, and having incompatibility with certain filenames.
You let the media player handle the organization. I pay absolutely no attention to how it's structured in the folder, as long as it's in my music folder.

>Changing folder names
Are you still using Kazaa or something?
>[ripperretard]VA_-_LOLOL_-_320kbps_[Fullquality][2003].mp3.mp3

Download, paste into folder, it's sorted alphabetically, done.

>Download, paste into folder
Which would require you to go into the files you have downloaded and create folders yourself for the appropriate album. No reason to do that.

Do you download songs individually as well?

Are you fucking dense?

Songs are already sorted and maps are already created.

How fucking hard is it for you to simply paste music into \sdcard\Music\ ?

Oh wait... you're trolling. No way someone could be as retarded as your act.

Should've known you were just pretending to be retarded.

Attached: qbittorrent_2019-05-12_14-42-16.png (2539x2033, 272K)

>Songs are already sorted and maps are already created.
They're not. Take your screenshot for example, that doesn't follow your structure of Artist/Album/songs. It has - Discography in the artist name, which is wrong. It has another useless folder called 01 - Albums while it should just be an Album folder. And the albums aren't called 1997 - Homework, that year should be removed. Unless your directory structure is different.

You can stop trying to act retarded already.

>Artist
Daft Punk, sorted alphabetically in the Music folder
>Album
Sorted by release year as it should
>Song
Sorted as it is on the CD as it should

If you hate folders so much, why are you using folders on PC?

Attached: example.jpg (2160x2220, 372K)

>>Artist
>Daft Punk, sorted alphabetically in the Music folder
That's not what it says. If you'd download a different release, it wouldn't go in the same folder. It's wrong.

>>Album
>Sorted by release year as it should
That's not what you said. But fine, not every release does that. Also, they're still the wrong name.

>>Song
>Sorted as it is on the CD as it should
Sure, but they're not called what they're supposed to be called. Didn't comment on this originally.
Also, you ignored the useless folder.

>If you hate folders so much, why are you using folders on PC?
I never said I hate folders. I hate them as a means to organize media, and I don't use them for that. I have programs for that that handle it better. They're inflexible and shit.

>That's not what it says. If you'd download a different release, it wouldn't go in the same folder. It's wrong.
Doesn't matter, it's the same folder structure.
>That's not what you said.
Pretty sure I just said that but you seem dense enough to have missed that so I'll let that slide.
>not every release does that.
Find a better place to download then.
>they're still the wrong name.
How, is it misspelled Dfat Pnuk or what? No it isn't act like an OCD retard elsewhere.
>Sure, but they're not called what they're supposed to be called.
If you look at the right side of the image (hard for you, I know) you can see the song being displayed as it should.
>Also, you ignored the useless folder.
If you refer Scans as a useless folder you're beyond repair, just put a fork in the outlet already, since you seem like someone that'd do that.
>I hate them as a means to organize media
As stated multiple times, music is already organized if you stop downloading shitty releases that don't structure the music as the ones in my pictures.

Use iTunes, it seems to suit your illiterate ways of "organizing" music.
It's perfect for people that can't handle basic file and folder usage like you.
Keep trolling someplace else with your inefficient dependency of 3rd-party programs to babysit your music.

>Vanilla Music or Vinyl and why?
None of the above. Use PowerAMP or Neutron

/THREAD

Attached: Only retards don't know what this means.png (483x104, 6K)

>Doesn't matter, it's the same folder structure.
It's fucking not. You say you organized it, but you didn't organize shit. If you have two folders for the same artist, then it's not fucking organized.

>Pretty sure I just said
Past tense.

>Find a better place to download then.
Bull fucking shit. Even the best places have slightly different standards. Just look at you, you're constantly changing how you "organize" it.

>How
The album name isn't 1997 - Homework - (320kbps), it's just Homework.

>If you look at the right side of the image (hard for you, I know) you can see the song being displayed as it should.
And not because of the folder structure, but because the program organizing it for you, like it should. I didn't comment on the picture.

>If you refer Scans as a useless folder you're beyond repair
I didn't. I referred to 01 - Albums (CD Original), I even called it by name specifically.

>music is already organized
"organized", by multiple folders for the same artist. Makes sense.

I use Vinyl because people shill it here and it just werks. I just download music using Videoder and it has its own tag editor, Vinyl just sorts it out.

>act like an OCD retard elsewhere.
>/THREAD

You should perhaps learn to read.

You can't just stop people from posting mate, that's retarded. By saying /thread like that you generally mean you'll stop replying though.
Dipshit. It's also not OCD to have the songs from one artist in the same place.

VLC because it's also a video player. It's objectively the best media player on android.

I keep an organised folder but I think the music tags is much more important in music organisation. As long as your tags are good, it will translate well to any player.

Attached: my folder structure.png (430x855, 28K)

And it has a nice equalizer

Don't (You) this to the other guy he'll go mentally unstable, well more than he already is if he saw all those numbers and letters before the album name or the (Chinese ver.) after them.

>Daiki Ise - Ressha Sentai Tokkyuger Theme Song [Japan CD] COCC-16900

>[Japan CD]?
>COCC-16900?
>REEEEEEEE, I don't care who licensed it or who published it REEEEEEE

Is this 2014?

It's 2014+nothing else has yet proven to be better.

Black player if your phone supports decoding ogg and shit by default. Gonemad otherwise.

Poweramp being good is just buyers remorse. Every music player is identical just with a slightly different UI.

>install foobar2000 from the .apk on the website
>disable all permissions
>disable WiFi and data access
your freefaggery has really taken over, huh? even when you can run proprietary software and get its benefits of ease of use without giving up any of your privacy, you're still going to reject it, huh?
theres a difference between being smart with software and being an obsessive compulsive schizophrenic.
i bet theres hundreds of things you want to do with proprietary software but you're too scared to touch it because you dont want to be inconsistent. not wanting to use ((actual)) spyware doesn't mean you have to throw yourself into the abyss and figuratively live in the woods
how much money, friendships, entertainment and life opportunities are you missing out on thanks to your obsession with rejecting anything without a GPL on it, user?
fucking think.
i am a freefag too, but you likely have issues you need to sort out, man.

Attached: as much foss as possible without compromise.png (1080x1920, 563K)

Thanks for the pasta

>Every music player
So every music player have folder view now, huh?
Doesn't look like it on the previews, just useless trash like pic related.

>Every music player is identical
If it doesn't have 32bit float it's unlistenable. Poweramp (with the high quality thing enable) and Neutron are the best I have found. Give me something free that is equally good and I'll use it.

>every music player have folder view now, huh?
Every single open source one that I've used had it.

Such as?

VLC

Shit on PC, Shit on Android, not a music player, it's a Video Streaming program.

pretty sure most of them run android

>Shit on Android
How is it shit?

>Poweramp being good is just buyers remorse.
It was perfect before the stupid UI revamp that completely ruined it. Simply the played with most features.

termux+mpv

Vinyl, because it just works.

It's the best media player on android, retard.
>not a music player
It is. Jesus fuck, castrate yourself.

Vinyl, I use blackplayer though because it supports ExoPlayer and MediaPlayer is broken on my device.
>folder view
First thing I do on every player I download is disable that shit.

aimp

you don't "/thread" your own post, you fucking moron, that's like saying "OH SNAP" to your own statement.

newfags, I fucking swear they're born with excess water in their brains.

in anno domini 2019 only neutron and poweramp support cue sheets.

Y'all are arguing over sorting shit when you could just learn scripting and let it be done automatically with bash/powershell.

did you know that you can disable those?

And btw Poweramp's audio quality sucked 4 years ago and still sucks. Neutron is marginally better at proper audio output

How does the music player have anything to do with audio quality? Let me guess, you also buy red LED RAM for its creamy mids when playing audio?

Found the russian bootleg trader.
>2019
>range rips

Installed vinyl to check it out.
What's up with the order? Why Oh No and Master Shake along with artists starting with A?

Attached: 1557691068593.png (1080x1920, 129K)

Seriously, the fuck is wrong with the order?

Attached: 1557691325615.png (1080x1920, 135K)

Can I still port the Sony Music app?

I just use vanilla and it works perfectly. Is there any reason to use vinyl over it? To me it just looks like vinyl has a more pleasing UI, but functionally they're on par with each other.

So apparently this shit happens when you have compilation albums with multiple artists. Usually players either display all artists separately (in that case you'll have a lot of artists on the list with the ability to pick just their songs) or use the Album Artist tag (in that case you'll see whole album under Various Artists, for example). Good players like Vanilla Player allow you to pick the way you would like it to see.
Retarded players like Vinyl do the following. It picks the artist of the first track (pic related, artist of the first track is Master Shake) and omits all other artists. You can either play all tracks by the first artist or choose the album to see all tracks. That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Frankly that alone warrants an immediate removal.

Attached: 1557692736979.png (1080x1920, 307K)

Vanilla
Can sort by Albumartists so no more Compilations/Mixes cluttering up my interpret list.

Vinyl!!!!
MUH COMFY

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-09-19-45-15-493_com.poupa.vinylmusicplayer.png (1080x2160, 1.44M)

Spotify
Imagine being unable to rationalize the cost of 33 cents per day

do android music players have any significant audio processing of its own or is it up to the phone?
if the latter ill stick with shuffle idc

Is poweramp spyware?

I messaged you the details

Attached: Screenshot_20190512-135824_SoundAlive.jpg (720x1280, 156K)

BlackPlayer EX

Yes

Ok I installed vinyl and found an album I wanted to listen to on an obscure, abandoned music share blog. I needed to rename the folder after I extracted it from the .zip and now the album is duplicated within Vinyl. I guess the next step is manual deletion.

I'm running the phonograph fork which came with omnirom.

Hahahaha
It crashed when I tried deleting.

Attached: Screenshot_20190512-141145_Vinyl Music Player.jpg (720x1280, 232K)

Depends on the music player. Some just hand it over to Android, so those are basically the same. But some have their own shit.

phonograph is floss, just not on fdroid

cmus or aimp4 (through wine)
>cmus
easy and fast to use if you how to use a keyboard
>aimp4
has fancy features nobody needs but they are cool and the themes remind me of winamp skins

>How does the music player have anything to do with audio quality?
sample formats, sample rates, resampling algorithms, meme euqalization, etc.
Try to compare a software who use a 32bit float sampling format and compare it with one that use single precision 16-bits. Compare also soxr resampling versus a linear algorithm. You don't need an audiophile equipment to hear the difference, it's huge.

>Let me guess, you also buy red LED RAM for its creamy mids when playing audio?
Think again, faggot

>ctrl + f
>"clean music"
>zero results
I thought some of you wanted a folder view and no bullshit.

I use AIMP, hope one day there will be a nice free & open source player that supports modern file formats (.opus).

Samsung music

Attached: Screenshot_20190512-225346_Samsung Music.jpg (1440x2960, 1.16M)

Vinyl, because I don't know Vanilla Music.

Attached: 1557016332242.jpg (241x198, 4K)

Do any of this meme players do parametric eq'ing or convolution?
I just use JamesDSP and do system wide convolution

I use vinyl because it just works™

also this

Attached: Screenshot_Vinyl_Music_Player_20190513-113443.png (1080x1920, 1.39M)

I have no experience with root and I'm not breaking it for the sake of it. Unless there's a non root viper4android or its equivalent imma stick with it.

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1080, 443K)

Retro music

I don't see what's so special about foobar2000 on mobile. For one thing - it looks clunky and outdated. Also, why use it when there are many audio players with as many or more features already available? Aurora Store lists it as having no trackers by the way.

>he doesn't organize his music chronologically via folders
Also I don't know about some of the others, but the shuffle options in PowerAmp are pretty great. I can shuffle either the songs in an album and/or the order the albums themselves play in. The additional goto next/prev album buttons are good too.

Attached: Screenshot_20190513-080111_Poweramp.jpg (1440x2960, 1.13M)

t. virgin

BlackPlayer is great for customization

This. I'm never going back