MicroLED reaches 30000 PPI at 100000 nits

microled-info.com/vuereal-developed-30000-ppi-micro-led-microdisplay-will-start-accepting-orders-samples-soon
wrcbtv.com/story/40460587/vuereal-is-ready-to-ship-microdisplays-to-interested-parties

Attached: samsung-146-inch-microled-screen.jpg (1500x844, 159K)

Other urls found in this thread:

displayninja.com/best-oled-monitor/
pcmonitors.info/recommendations/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: wrcbtv.com.jpg (829x2181, 475K)

still nothing to watch

At $5000/inch, I'm not quite sure if this matters at all.

/thread

Yeah because it's not like technology in it's infancy is expensive... right? Did everyone forget what first gen OLED's cost?

mLED is shaping up nicely, and I'm excited even if it won't be available to 99% of consumers for 6-10 years

This.
OLED is stopgap solution and LCD just ain't getting any better.

MLED has immense potential. It will revolutionize display technology forever.

Who the fuck watches TV in 2000 + 20 - 1 ?

>I'm excited about a technology that I won't even be able to afford 10 years from now
have sex

Attached: 1514889684078.jpg (645x773, 56K)

Who the fuck gives density in points per sq inch?

>2019
>TVs
for whom?

Kill yourselves redditors

>patented
yeah you won't be seeing this any time soon

That means I could watch 4k HDR 60P BLACKED.com on my smartphone?

ok ill settle for 1000 nits and 96*2 PPI

>DISPLAYS = ONLY TV
Are you people autistic?
This will be available on phones and your PC monitor too.

What the fuck are you talking about?

How much?

I got money, but there's still a breaking point.

I wish they made 240x160 panels for gameboys and gamegears n shiet

>This will be available on phones and your PC monitor too.
That's what you said about OLED years ago.

Well you could special order them in the future.
With enough resolution and brightness we could simulate high-end CRT's very accurately with shaders though.

theres not a single oled monitor and there won't be any mled monitors either

VR.

30000 ppi, really?
Or did they mean 30000 sub pixels per square inch, aka 3*100*100

hope so. Vanilla/repro backlit LCD is bulky as shit and expensive.

Attached: 9ui0fa7jaiw11.jpg (3829x2067, 827K)

>100,000 nits

Attached: kiayw.jpg (2048x1382, 304K)

Phones have had OLED for 10 years now.
OLED monitors have slowly started creeping up but they were never going to catch on in the PC space due to their burn-in problems.

MLED won't have the burn-in problems so this will not be an issue.
Given how Samsung demonstrated a 75 inch 4K Display at CES earlier this year I'm optimistic abut the technology.

This

>theres not a single oled monitor
Absolute idiot
displayninja.com/best-oled-monitor/

OLEDFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

What about refresh rate

>Phones have had OLED for 10 years now.
Only gimmicky overpriced ones, certainly not widespread.

Read the article.
It's 30000 PPI.
In 2017 they had made a 6600 PPI display and in 2018 some other company had reached 10000 PPI

I don't know what the market will be.
Maybe it'd be hard to get handheld screens but you can already custom order big ass LED tiles for low resolutions.

Maybe in the future there will be specialty outlets targeting the retro gaming crowd.
I doubt they'll ever make CRT's so they will probably make low res MLED panels for the retro crowd instead which would be cheaper and easier to make.

Every single Samsung phone has an OLED screen m8.
And they're definitely not gimmicky.

Samsung is shit

I want a 30" 8K 240Hz 12bit bt2020 microLED monitor now!

>Samsung
>definitely not gimmicky
thanks for the laff

Just like the many affordable 24+ inch OLED monitors we have right now, fucking imbecile.

>is a dirty commie
This tech wouldn't even exist without patents, tranny.

Attached: 1531873625972.jpg (540x720, 33K)

patents are anti-free market you silly billy

someone will probably reverse engineer PVMs in the future, it's a sizeable market.

Monitors are a shitfest when it comes to price

no hardwares can use your dream monitor

>100k nits
What if I just want to watch TV without getting a tan?

Fucking this
Monitors are one of the last areas in the computing and electronics sector in general where profit margins are still high and everything comes at a very inflated premium
As if right now Asus has the brass balls to sell a underpowered 21” OLED for $4000

Both classic liberals and communists have elements within the ideologies which have issues with intellectual property. Anyone with basic modelling ability and has done macroeconomics 101 and researched cultural decay rates does as well. The difference is in how far you take the reduction in IP protection time.
The only group that is really hegemonic about having draconian IP laws are neoliberals, and neolibs can burn

Stop being a poorfag.

Alright, but can I just get a fucking 720p 300hz panel already?

I don't give a fuck about the rest of your weird home cinema fetish, buy a projector.

They know how to make them, it's just they're expensive to make and nobody is invested into them anymore.

Displays in generals are stupidly expensive these days.

Such high brightness can be useful for your phone in outside scenarios in bright sunlight.

It will also be useful for blur reduction/strobing in order to have good motion without dimming the screen too much like ULMB/Lighboost LCD's do as well as being able to do HDR at the same time too.

Just because it's capable of 100k nits doesn't mean it will operate at 100k outside of specific situations such as on phones when you're outside.

>but can I just get a fucking 720p 300hz panel already?
You already can get a 480hz LCD display from Zisworks.

300hz is a joke compared to what MLED will potentially achieve.

why would i want my phone to be brighter than bright sunlight outside? bright sunlight is 7,000 to 10,000 nits. there is no application where i would want my phone to be 10x as bright as the sun and at that close proximity to my eyes. you don't need anywhere near that much brightness to make your display visible.

>he doesn't want eye cancer
Ironically, it can deliver 720/300. So I was on the money with what they should be pumping out.

Whatever happened to laser tv's? I recall reading about them and thinking they wre pretty awesome. probably not, since ney never took up, I think sony or philips had one model at some point. exactly one (almost sure).

do we even have cables capable of sustaining that bandwidth? from the pc, gpu. I suppose 720/300hz can be done, how for higher resolutions?

HDMI 2.1

I suppose this is a good enough place to ask.

I want to get into the 4k meme, but I just don't know which one to get. I've filtered TV's so that only the 4k, HDR 10, non-ass refresh rate and input lag remain but there's still too much to choose from. Is there a list of Jow Forums approved TV's? Do I want it to be an Android TV? Is there anything else I should be aware of when buying a tv?

Ok, can I ask a question?
This is 30,000PPI and 100,000 nits. It's expensive as balls but commercially available within a couple of months.
Then WHY THE FUCK do we not yet have ~600PPI ~2000nits at a sane consumer cost? I don't want a fucking retina sized 16k panel that can flash-boil my optic nerve, I want a normal fucking monitor in my normal fucking room (where I can avoid direct sun glare) that will have perfect colours and a high refresh rate without any of the bullshit like backlight bleed or ghosting. PLEASE.

Because the way these are made is similar to how CPUs are made and only works up to certain size. The other way of making MicroLED panels is to use pick-and-place, but that has the opposite problem - the LEDs aren't small enough for a high PPI. So right now, MicroLED is either too big or too small for normal-sized displays.

>technology in it's infancy isn't expensive and production costs go down instantly
Also fucking 24"? Unironically terminate yourself.

Attached: 1554938255155.jpg (700x700, 209K)

Oh. How big is the 30kPPI one? I guess I just have to wait a few years until it drops in price then.

Doesn't say, but it's a microdisplay so under 2" or so.

>mfw 100k nits

Attached: tenor.gif (220x190, 56K)

What's the Difference between Micro LED and QLED?

Micro LED is where each subpixel is a tiny discrete LED, much like OLED but using inorganic materials.

QLED - if you mean what Samsung calls their TVs - is just a marketing name for LCD with a quantum dot-enhanced backlight. The QD backlight gets you a bit better color gamut, but doesn't do anything for LCD's other shortcomings, so it's still inferior in many ways to a per-pixel emissive tech like OLED or MicroLED.

and Quantum LED et QLED are the same thing?

literal retards, every half decent phone relesed tbe last 3 years has had a perfectly good oled display

Unfortunately, these terms have become seriously muddled through some questionable marketing practices. There are a bunch of ways quantum dots can be used in displays, but right now only one (QD-enhanced backlit LCDs) is being used in commercial products.

Quantum dots make very pure light when exposed to light or electricity, which makes them useful if you need nice clean red, green, and blue to make a display from. They can take blue light (from an LED or OLED, for example) and turn it into a different color of light.

These are the different ways you can use QDs in a display:

1. As an enhancement film on the backlight in an LCD, currently the only type available (QLED TVs, others).

2. As a color filter or color converter (QDCF/QDCC) on top of an LCD or OLED. This takes the light from the LCD/OLED and turns into a pure color. Not available, but Samsung is working on QD-OLED which applies this technique.

3. A true electro-emissive QD display, that would use electricity to drive the QDs to produce light directly. These are still years away.

None of these relate to Micro LED directly, but it's possible to use a #2 - QDCC in conjuction with Micro LEDs, just like it is with LCD and OLED.

Ask Vincent Teoh, TV reviewer and a professional calibrator

Does he also do monitors? I want a 100+Hz 1440p monitor but there's such a huge choice and I don't know which meme is better. Can I avoid backlight bleed, washed out colours, terrible ghosting response, and nonexistant black blacks, or is it still just a "pick your poison" kind of situation if I don't wanna compromise on refresh rate?

Vincent is purely a TV guy.

Try pcmonitors.info/recommendations/

no one gives a shit until we can buy the shit

fuck off vaporware.

tftcentral.co.uk od your destination
both in depth reviews and great articles

read it before posting, dumbass. you can't actually buy either of those.

>displayninja

what the actual fuck

I want to watch Seinfeld reruns in Spanish. Will this TV improve my experience?

Well most implementations won't need 30000ppi, so the fact they can make that for only $5000/inch probably means more standard 400ppi will be fairly cheap.

THE NUMBERS MASON

I read that with his voice, he's a pretty good guy.

Attached: 1481545606774.gif (320x240, 2.15M)

I wonder if it's the point at which you can feel the heat from a kino sunrise on a 60 incher? Certainly it will change the state of CGI psychedelia & such. Plus I always wanted to make a circuit-breaker snap at an abrupt cut to a beach scene.

I would had been enthused but
>thewall
problematic choice of naming, ugh

>100000 nits

At last I truly no longer see

you have my attention

yeah ok but when is it gonna reach 300ppi at 500nits.

ITS HAPPENING

it's not, don't wet your pants

>TVs keep getting better and better
>Monitors still use old ass tech
I don't like this

Stop parading this outdated info already.
Samsung already demonstrated a 75 inch 4K screen so it's only a matter of time before they make even smaller ones.

You literally can if you're not a poorfag.
Any good quality monitor is going to cost you a lot of money these days.

>100k nits

My display hits 400nits and I have it at 10% why the fuck...

>TVs keep getting better and better
name one (one) tv that could compete with top of the line PC monitors.

OLED is garbage for PC monitors.

dell - canceled
asus - color reproduction is spotty, uniformity sucks, 21"
Alienware - let's sell you a tv as a monitor for x5 money
that joled thingy has potential with printing panels method, not this year though

that's if you buy it for $4k and it burns out in a two years
but what if you buy it for $200?

>why would i want my phone to be brighter than bright sunlight outside?
We do it not because we must, but because we can

so you could see it through 95% sunglasses.

So 4k per eye sounds pretty sweet for vr and should make text tolerable. Maybe by then AMD can finally put out a new Arch and be competitive. Dammit I'm getting old waiting