Is Intel dying?

Is Intel dying?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-12 Intel’s new CEO used to be CFO, and analysts worry he may not have the techn (1260x910, 827K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aws.amazon.com/about-aws/whats-new/2019/04/amazon-ec2-t3a-instances-are-now-generally-available/
aws.amazon.com/ec2/pricing/reserved-instances/pricing/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes

no

We can only hope.

Does CEO actually do anything? Like I thought it was more of a "hey you, make the chips better, now time for golf" kind of position

Stop being such nazis

maybe time for a female CEO?

Neural Net CEO when

If he doesn't understand the subtleties of his supply chain, development timelines, where the market as a whole is going, etc., he won't be able to steer the ship to where the money is.

Well AMD survived Bulldoser somehow

Attached: image.jpg (1280x720, 40K)

this. things sure look bleak atm but anything is possible. the reveal and launch of their GPUs might determine how bad things will be

AMD had other revenue streams through their shitshow that's been going on for the last decade.
Intel have the same but who know if it'll satisfy the NEETS who post here.

imagine putting someone so crazy looking in charge. This is a glamor shot where she's probably trying her best to not have crazy eyes

Go to sleep

Charlie seems to think so.

>somehow
they dominate the gaming hardware industry. Literally all the consoles but the switch have AMD chips.

Zen 2 will most likely be used in the future consoles too, PS5 is confirmed

>thinking ceos of big companies don't work atleast 80 hours a week at arcane hours and places

no, it's people who work 100 hour a week and take blame for everything that happens to the company

Why is that stripe in the middle of the fucking image?

Let's hope so. I want an ARM Mac already.

Different times though. Silicone is at its limit, physics don't play along anymore and ARM chips are better than ever; Intel could get fucked from all sides since they failed to look ahead when AMD was stagnating.

AMD got barely any money from consoles. The contracts are hardcore.

Underrated.

He might be right this time. Or at least this decade.

>AMD got barely any money from consoles. The contracts are hardcore.

That's not how manufactoring works. They didn't make money with the first batches but the process got cheaper and cheaper as they refined it so in the long run they made a ton of money. That's how all chips are.

dream on poorshit

Attached: 1539608261941.jpg (1100x1002, 540K)

>so in the long run they made a ton of money.
Their stock doesn't suggest it. Besides surely MS/Sony would include the process changes into the contracts.

You don't need your CEO to be your CTO. That's what the CTO is for.

A CEO's duties are executive, not technical.

The CEO can set priorities for the company. He doesn't do them himself, but they set the "big picture" then the details get sorted out below.
My concern with the CFO now being CEO, his priorities may be on finances and not technology. This always happens when you have business people running the show.
Compared to AMD, for example, who has an engineer as CEO. They're producing their best work yet and I don't think it's a coincidence.

AMD's stock value is only vaguely related to reality - whenever Intel or Nvidia anounce things not going well for them AMD's stock drops.

They don't. Look it up.

So if the CTO should have the last opinion based on the technological data why would you even need a CEO then? That's not how that works.

Mommy Lisa

Frankly, you want the CEO's priorities to be financial. This isn't a government-contracted RnD company. Intel is a blue chip stock and they absolutely need to make a profit.

So you want the CEO to focus on the task of making money so that he doesn't interfere with the technology side. "The CEO focusing on money" does not mean "they're going to start de-funding all the tech wings of the company and laying off tech people." It means "the CEO's primary efforts and tasks are towards creating business relations, marketting models, release targets, etc (while letting the tech side mostly do their own thing)."

If anything the fact that they chose a CFO CEO means that they have confidence in their tech side and aren't looking to make sweeping changes, but strong leadership to fix their financial problems.

intel still has like 90% of the X86 enterprise market, and they ship more mobile chips in a single year than AMD ships all products combined.
Unfortunately the undead can't die. Intel will still be around no matter how long they flounder on the process front, no matter how many projects get cancelled, no matter how much is written off to contrarevenue.

>silicone
>AMD got barely any money from consoles
Breast implant made by intel and AMD. HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Attached: 1498256245652.jpg (216x250, 30K)

the point is that investors want the CTO to become the CEO since they have a deep understanding of the actual products the conpany deals with
everytime CFOs become executives, they improve finances short term by cutting corners and laying people off, followed by 5 years of diversity programs and shrinking revenues with more money going to marketing than RnD and the company losing their technical edge against the competition
we could see Intel turn into IBM, all too confident on their dominant position only to get wrecked and only the more technical division surviving because they were allowed to do their own thing and not pay too much attention to what the executives told them

>intel still has like 90% of the X86 enterprise market,
The sever market moves slowly, but Intel predicting AMD gaining double digit percent market share in under 3 years is basically unheard of. For this market AMD is gaining at a truly shockingly fast rate.

>So if the CTO should have the last opinion based on the technological data why would you even need a CEO then? That's not how that works.
The CEO is not some omniscient, omnipotent entity within the company that micromanages every last detail. He has absolute veto power, but if he's ever using it then shit has already gotten fucked. Different CEOs and different companies are going to have different relationships with their other big-C's, the relationship between CEOs and their other big members are not at all like the relationship between you and your supervisors. They're a team. The CEO's the leader, but that doesn't mean he micromanages.

>everytime CFOs become executives, they improve finances short term by cutting corners and laying people off, followed by 5 years of ...
Yeah, fuck off with your adolescent "capitalism bad" bullshit. I don't know what I expected from Jow Forums,

I completely agree. I own a pretty substantial amount of Intel stock, and of course they need to make a profit.
But moving from CFO to CEO means his concern may be too heavily weighted towards financials.

Intel has a CTO who is in charge of all technology, and a CFO that's in charge of financials.
The CEO needs to balance the feedback and suggestions of each (often competing) interest and steer the company in the right direction.
Again, my concern isn't that he'll completely defund their R&D department, but he may lean more towards finance than tech - taking the safe, profitable route over the costlier innovative route.

I love my silicone computer.

Perfect time for that Steve Jobs video clip about marketers and paper pushers getting made CEO and it fucking the company up

females will corrupt the company because their morals are based on emotions and not on abstract thought like men.

I'm not saying capitalism is bad dumbfuck, I'm saying that short term financial improvements achieved through accounting are nowhere near as useful or productive as financial improvements you get from better products. Especially on such a competitive and hardware oriented market as semi conductors.
fuck off, business student

Intel will never die while they control the x86 license

wasnt most of that already available? its instruction sets and later improvements that are still under license

>implying in two decades x86 will still be relevant beyond obscure edge cases
Server is where the revenue is at and Intel is getting utterly raped by AMD in that field.

is she even human?

Are you mentally retarded or simply from ? Cause either way you need to go back to where you came from.

what about AMD?

That depends on whether Intel can make their 7nm process work fast enough to not lose too much of the enterprise market, since 10nm is basically a write off at this point. If they fuck up 7nm the carrying costs of an entity the size of Intel could end up being a big problem for them.

In the past, appointing a financial buff to the head of a technology company that need to inovate to stay relevant have lead to catastrophic disasters.
Xerox was nearly destroyed, RIM went from ubiquitous to a distant memory, etc...
Intel have had a hard time being relevant lately and it will only get worst is they keep appointing Israelites as senior managers.

>the CEO is actually a man looking woman

mommy su is a male

perhaps he means diversity hires, not genius PhD technology innovators of any gender/race

>AMD was sunk in the ocean since Core2Duo showed up
>survived by Sony gibsmedats
>thinking a multibillion company like Intel will die because AMDrones say so

>Intel needs a strong technical leader
>they make Vega Poojeet the new CEO
>instead of Based 4D stacking 5nm+ Jim Keller

Just wait till he hires a Pajeet to do the work for him.

they're going to be hurting for a while. They coasted for far too long on their 14nm+++++ node without really trying to get their 10nm going. They should have at least gotten their fucking 10nm working. Even if they continued to milk the consumer with their 14nm stuff until forced to move onto 10nm due to competition. As hype as I am for 7nm Ryzen, I'm really hoping Intel pulls a fast one an unveils a working 10nm chip worth a fuck.

they put jim in a useful position so he could actually do engineering work

>too big to fail
That alone is enough to rip your shit post apart but let's make it worse shall we?
>AMD catches up to the competition's consumer market in a single generation while Intel still can't get their 10nm shit going
>Rapes Intels server segment with better performance at a fraction of the cost
>Intel losing more and more server market share which is their by far biggest revenue stream
But I am sure that doesn't matter because some retard on a Mongolian cave drawing discussion forum that can't evolve beyond us-vs-them tribalism said so.

not the user you're talking to. But as is, Intel is clinging onto their server market by the finger tips and probably by pulling as many favors as they can. With the release of the security flaws inherent in Intel chips, and the subsequent patches showing as much as 20%-25% rediced IO performance, Server farms and large companies aren't happy that it's now going to require that much more energy to accomplish the same tasks. On top of that, they were getting by with pretty much dominating the mobile market, but now AMD has been launching some sincerely competitive mobile chips with iGPU's that absolutely SHIT STOMP intel's. Last but not least, AMD is pretty much confirmed for the new consoles being Ryzen/Navi based, so they have the console contract on lock.

Why do you think Intel is suddenly getting into GPU's?

Exactly my point, I didn't want to make the post any longer than it is but yeah the 6th gorrilionth security flaw isn't exactly helping them with their server segment and even that is only half as bad as their Xeon pricing vs Threadripper and EPYC.

I guess the their Israeli overlords trust a CFO more than Raja

Attached: 1533670993048.webm (1280x720, 943K)

Yeah you are right, but now the startup costs are so high it is difficult to imagine another US player getting into the market
Maybe in the next decade or two China will start manufacturing desktop CPUs but on the other hand maybe desktops are on their way out

kek

CEO is the guy with the vision, the proper direction for the company to grow. He's the decider.

>is the guy
>He
t.incel

>ntel is a blue chip stock and they absolutely need to make a profit.
Intel's RnD budget was more money than AMD saw annually for almost a decade.

intel needs a chinese CEO

Attached: 1538855963555.png (647x433, 290K)

>Nvidia
>that haircut

Attached: THE_BIGGER_THEY_ARE_THE_HARDER_THEY_FALL.jpg (720x676, 131K)

I hope not because monopolies due to lack of competition suck (see c2q to Ryzen releases and current nvidia).

No shit that's why we want intel to do it. But they won't and no one will say shit because it's Intelaviv

I can't contain myself anymore. Good finances must, MUST be build on good fundementals. In case of a technology campany it MUST be technology.

Somebody who knows jack shit about technology like the fucking CFO is going to invest heavily into Marketing, cut costs, ... Do everything except build good technology.

This will result in short term gains and long term losses. Long term finances are always a result of good fundementals and good marketing.

If you make shit products and charge high prices you will be BTFO out some point by the competition with better technology for the same or lower price.

In addition, people think relative. They will not buy new unless the new is better. This goes directly against a CFO strays which is to recycle crap for the same or higher pricing.

Eventually people will stop buying new since it is the same fucking thing and profits will be post.

Extreme capitalism will lead to ruin. Moderate capitalism will flourish. A company can create value when they have something to offer. Else their demise is but a matter of time.

Lisa's clit is bigger than your dick.

>muh servers
Yes because Epyc is leading the server mark-it doesn't.

that weird white bar triggers my autism

> technical leader
Wait... I thought they needed to be more diverse?

I don't understand why psychopath eyes are a thing. Why can't they just not open their eyelids as much? These people are supposed to be manipulative emotionless people, but they won't even go through the trouble of not broadcasting to the world they're psychopaths.

Attached: 1556999275949.jpg (576x702, 65K)

I reckon Intel are a dead company walking.
They will pivot from making their own chips to outsourcing (already happening) and make gpus their main focus since their CPUs are dead In the water for the next 5+ years until they get 2-4d stacking working and a competor to zen
Die shrinks won't help much as the same chips on 7nm would cost even more and would use alot of power due to their design

>Their stock doesn't suggest it.
are you kidding me? AMD cost $2 in 2015, it's what $28 now?

mark my words in 2024 we will have another core duo situation. it's amd turn now, intel will catch up.
I don't have much hope for intel GPU, I want to, but damn if it's not going to be overpriced barely working mess akin to optane.

ofcourse, she's zuckerberg's sister

sirs

they have the entire enterprise sector
EPYC cant even do high-performace AVS and loses badly under heave loads and no optimization would save it

Attached: Amazon-AWS-Intel-vs-AMD-v16-CPU-Benchmarks-1.png (1611x944, 64K)

Oh, god. That's just incorrect.
Most large corporations are run in an oligarchical fashion, with important decisions falling to proven methods carried out by teams of top experts.
A CEO's main job is to champion public relations efforts, which, while not an easy job, is far from being "the decider."

And then you apply all the security patches and Intel does back to core2duo performance.

AMD doesn't even consider Intel competition anymore.

Attached: 1557697797590.png (714x748, 313K)

Roger pls go

>arcane
wat

Oh hey, it seems they finally have t3a available, though costs aren't as attractive as I hoped they would be.
aws.amazon.com/about-aws/whats-new/2019/04/amazon-ec2-t3a-instances-are-now-generally-available/
aws.amazon.com/ec2/pricing/reserved-instances/pricing/

too big to die no matter how much anons who hate this company wish otherwise.
AMD is finally starting to get into the market again, hopefully due to the reduced supply companies will start offering AMD alternatives for laptops and servers which are by a crushing majority intel based.
Also intel fuckups in some weird way managed to save their own selves from anti monopoly laws since AMD finally is profitable unlike 8 years ago when they were in the red and at a risk of being merged by another company.
Now AMD needs to get their shit together vs nvidia

So that means the the R7 3700X will be the new i7 2600K, the eternal CPU owing to the lack of competition over the next few years?

>"no optimization will save it"
>posts an Intel-sponsored shill benchmark on ICC/MKL shit and without NUMA optimizations as proof

lol, saved

Yikes. That's not accurate at all.

Stop talking out of your ass you fucking retard, if that was the case, why the fuck would shareholders bother removing people?

>Also intel fuckups in some weird way managed to save their own selves from anti monopoly laws
Yeah its called suing the government who fined you the largest market manipulation in history claiming you don't owe shit and delaying the pay out as pro-fascist, pro-corporate, right wing movements sweep across the country.

NUMA optimizations couldn't save it from lacking AVX-512 units

Why would you want CPU bound AVX? Oh right, Intel has no parallel processors...