The hopping is over, the perfect distro is here

The hopping is over, the perfect distro is here.

Attached: Manjaro_logo_text.png (554x128, 7K)

I look forward to laugh at your misery when you'll come crying to /faglet/ with some trivial wifi/printer/xorg/filesystem error next wednesday.

Attached: lmao.jpg (369x366, 24K)

It's pretty solid yea.

i aint hopped in several years

only fedora, ubuntu, debian, arch and true distros

>"muh perfect distro"
>not gentoo

Just install Antergos dude

>arch, but worse
Why does it exist again?

>first distro was manjaro
>realized its a piece of fucking shit
>now use suckless+debian
fuck manjaro

Arch, but function you mean

install itself

>perfect distro
>tells everyone to set their clocks back because they let their certificate expire

I've been using manjaro for almost a year now, and it's been very nice. I may go back to normal Arch when I build my new PC though

What's the difference between that and Antergos?

because people can't be bothered to spend 15 minutes reading wiki articles before installing something

it definitely doesn't take 15 minutes to install it if you're new to gnulinux

Because dumb poor people like myself don't have an extra computer to potentially render useless for a little while by some stupid mistake

I feel you, OP. Feels like a helpful transition from something like Ubuntu where you can learn to use Arch's tools before possibly moving on to it.

Happily enough, I've never had problems with it breaking in any particularly spectacular way. I haven't used Arch proper yet but I would expect something that I have to configure manually to be much more likely to break, especially given that I won't quite know what I'm doing when I set out to install it.

Attached: XFJsGS0.jpg (1920x1200, 112K)

which is why you try it in a VM first

strange logo for anarchy

Why not just use arch?

Guix

Arch has an installer. It's called pacstrap.

VMs don't give the real experience and have extremely poor performance if you have a shitty computer like me

Yeah manjaro is pretty comfy. I recommend it.

enable hardware-assisted virtualization. Every Intel and AMD CPU from the last several generations has it except for very low-end ones like some Atoms

true
ok :

only gentoo, fedora, ubuntu, debian, arch and guix are true distros

>been using Manjaro on laptop and desktop for around a year
>only time it has broken has been my own fault

HMMMMMMM

ubuntu is a shitty downstream debian
don't kid yourself
also include slackware

I dont know why people even bother with manjaro, >muh installer
Just use a script to install arch if it is that important to you
>its an in-between to get you used to arch
If you need to get used to arch in order to use it I feel bad for you.

too retarded to follow instructions

Linux Mint is more popular than Ubuntu now. Though I still use Ubuntu

they dont release bug-ridden packages

Linux noob here, switched from ubuntu to manjaro and I'm loving it. Hasn't broke a single time yet!

got fed up with the installation on my laptop (it was fine on my desktop) and my problem isn't in the guide. google just brings it up as a bug and the few solutions didn't work. manjaro just werked and i've been using it ever since

I tried to install this 6 times.

>1, installer crashes after formatting drive, had to do a hard shutdown
>2, install, boot into it with nouveau blacklisted, install recommended Nvidia driver, reboot, broken and can't get past starting lights service
>3,4,5,6 all the same, trying different drivers in the driver manager for my 1050, the most fucking generic Nvidia card out there

Joke of a distro. Happily using kde neon with no issues.

Arch functions just fine.

>using ANY systemd distro

roflmfao

Attached: InstaSave.jpg (1072x1053, 76K)

/thread

>lets their website certificate expire multiple times
>breaks many systems because they didn't test their updates
Dumb newbies keep falling for the Manjaro meme

howdy

2 years, never broken

howdy

Attached: 1500639922851.png (2250x2324, 107K)

I have been using it for a month now. Fucking bloated shit, so much stuff i dont need and i had to script my own display configuration with xrandr because KDE Plasma fucking sucks ass

>t. too dumb to install arch

That's not Solus OS, user

Attached: 1549517249643.jpg (466x493, 19K)

>muh rolling release meme
Yeah, no.

What about Arch Linux? Isn't Manjaro basically an Arch reskin?

with an installer

>my hypervisor is shit for desktop use, therefore there is no good desktop hypervisor

Oh God I remember falling for this one

It's basically Arch's ubuntu.

>run pacstrap
oh no the horror

once you reach a DE in arch it's all the same

My netbook's Braswell Celeron has virtualization acceleration. I can't imagine what someone would virtualize on it.

arch shits itself on my machine and manjaro worked. Jow Forums couldn't help a month ago, google a couple of fixes that didn't work and a few other results saying its a bug. you can spew memes like run pacstrap but the reality is it takes at least an hour the first time to properly read through the guide and there are plenty of small details/user errors/system incompatibilities that can make it not work, and very few of them are explicitly stated.

>Bitching about systemd
>in the year 2019
LMAO user, move the fuck on.

Jow Forums never did and will help anyone. god knows you are on your own dealing with linux, this place is useless

Y E T

4 years, moved to i3wm last year... still happy.
>WTF is your point fa/g/got ?

Can't into reading for more than 10 minutes.
Literal brainlet and retards defined.

Why are you wasting time here then you fucking imbecile ?

Antergos is more similar to Arch, but breaks more frequently. It also updates much more frequently (basically whenever there are updates for Arch) while Manjaro “piles them up” and reviews them before letting them go (usually takes around a week)

bloatfest is here