Programming is... boring

Programming is... boring.

You spend hours hunched over in a chair tapping plastic cubes while staring into a screen.

Your work is never appreciated, only mr noseberg gets the kudos from his higher up while you ook ook at the desk while chugging coffee.

Reading other people's code is akin to reading a book in a different language, trying to follow someone else's logic and how their brain works is cancer. No one does anything perfect, nor do they do it particularly well. They only write code to get the paycheck.

Programming isn't sexy, women aren't running head over heals to fuck programmers. They are generally staying away from them because programmers end up falling into the sperg stereotype of not showering and being anti-social.

Modern programming languages are abominations of arbitrary rules and un-intuitive implementations of cancer.

Why on earth would anyone sign up for this?

Attached: 71nGH0seEJL._SS500_.jpg (500x500, 64K)

I write programs to make my live easier you dumb wageslave.

Programming if done right makes a shit ton of money.

You are just a smelly pajeet poo in loo.

>>projecting this hard

Imagine being so dumb you cant understand something over 1100 pajeets in each class can

>tl;dr= this thing sucks because I don't like it

But I do understand it user, I've been programming for around 10 years. I've written more lines of code then you have spoken words.

That just means you're a bad programmer.

based

by law this warning should be printed on school brochures and and programming language websites

This is why I found an area of programming I enjoy and only do it occasionally as a hobby.
Systems programming is very rewarding once you get something working correctly
and any decent hardware you would be targeting is for the most part very well documented.
I would never do it as a job since it would lose the sense of discovery involved with a hobby. Which I figure is a major part of the reason freetards do it for free.

Attached: 20161104_092405.jpg (4128x3096, 2.76M)

>Why on earth would anyone sign up for this?
I like problem solving and working with computers. That said, not every task is glamorous or fun.

It wouldn't hurt if colleges would stop shitting out dime a dozzen compsci majors. Making a living off of it has become unpleasant if you can't work remotely in the middle of nowhere.

Attached: 1291945191351.gif (318x176, 1.74M)

It sucks when they treat it as any other office job. I work from 830 to 6 m-f and 9-3 s because we follow the same hours as the office workers. I've been working for 3 months and I feel burn out already. They expect us to do months worth of work in a month and a half.
There were a lot of red flags during recruitment I should have picked up on like when my boss said they wanted highly motivated and work driven people. That basically means we want to work you into a pulp and have you quit
Might just go work in a call center or something. At least there they follow sane working hours like 9-5 m-f with 45 minute breaks instead of the shit I go through these days.

>Programming isn't sexy, women aren't running head over heals to fuck programmers.
Guess you don't live in SV.

Having a moderately successful shareware program for a few years was one of the most exciting and productive times of my life.

Working on corporate report system #943 for pointy haired manager #10 makes me want to kill myself.

Honestly I wish I had chosen a completely different career and only programmed on the side for my own benefit and for shareware type shit.

OP writes pretty well to be a pajeet. Regardless, pajeet is coming for your "shit ton of money" job. And if you think being a better programmer will protect you, well, you're in for a big surprise.

>developing gills to breathe underwater
>elimination of useless digits
>just generally losing a lot of mass so overall bodyweight is lower
And you doubt that Filipinos are the MOST POWERFUL race?

I'm convinced everyone who says "I'm a good programmer pajeet will never replace me" just haven't worked in a corporate environment or haven't worked period.
Companies would rather have the quality of everything go down to save a few pennies over paying more.
MAYBE if they were highly specialized workers like hardware engineers but basically anything that needs a modern programming language (basically anything that isn't assembler or C) is getting pajeeted.com

Attached: VINNY.jpg (416x287, 27K)

> Go to a government website
> Javascript on the html doc
> url is a fucking mess that won't work without proper capitalization and .php at the end
> function removeZero(var)
> if (var == 01)
> var = 1;
> if ( var == 09)
> var = 9;
I just want a comfy job writing shitty messy code where I don't have to think. I don't even care if I don't earn much money.

Sounds like a real shitshop. Was it a startup, consulting agency, or a hedge fund or something?

Would love to hear which shareware program it is.

Well established hardware supplier moving into the digital market because hardware sales are dying. I guess technically we're a startup since the company I work for is an entirely different company but owned by the same people. They gave us a small corner in their main office building so we share the same dress code and working hours as the highschool dropouts on sales.

what was your shareware program for, user?

Hope you got out with your health in tact. Putting up with office abuse can cause long term harm to your health.

>Why on earth would anyone sign up for this?

Attached: 1557082683.png (742x1666, 174K)

I program standing up, with good posture, and I get complemented on my posture by strangers in public.

Reading code is no different than reading anything else. If you know how the language works it generally makes sense.

Programming itself isn't sexy, but I generally get positive response from women when I tell them what I do, probably because they think they smell money. It definitely sounds better than "I work at arbys." How many careers seriously sound sexy anyway? And don't forget, when people ask about you, tell them about who you want to be, not who you are. I'm personally working on building an application and a business around it, so that I can have more freedom. If you want to appear sexy, go to the gym and get nice clothes.

Programming languages are tools. Do you think any successful construction worker thinks things like "the hammer is the tool for this job but hammers are ugly and not fun to use, this job is bullshit"

Many people sign up to be programmers because it's fun, challenging, and provides decent income. John Romero, one of the creators of the game Doom, tells aspiring programmers to stop asking questions, go try and code, see if they like it, and if they don't enjoy it to find a different career. I like programming software, and I like when I can put something on someone's computer that makes them happy because their job is now easier and maybe even more enjoyable because of my software. I like staying up at night figuring out a problem, then presenting the solution at a meeting the next day and getting a big paycheck because I made or saved the company money. I like setting my own hours and going on vacation whenever I want. If I didn't like my work, I wouldn't do it, and neither should you.

Attached: 1557340065044.jpg (777x1200, 225K)

And to continue a bit since I don't want to appear full of shit, yeah, of course, there are downsides

I don't like when a client thinks it should take me 20 minutes to do a month long project and that I will do it for "$100 in my free time while watching TV"

I don't like when I get stuck on a problem and start worrying about if I'll be able to earn money that month, or if someone else will replace me on that job.

I don't like dealing with idiots from China, India, and Russia, and their wacky ass code. I don't like debugging someone else's application that has 100 dependencies and stack traces that go on for pages.

I don't like working from home and being inside all day. Sometimes I volunteer or do side jobs where I can get out, see humans in person, and move around

I don't like that the industry is getting filled with idiots, I got into this because my grandpa and uncle were programmers, and they worked on software for banks and medical companies. There's no way in hell I'd trust 80% of younger programmers with anything like that, and it keeps getting worse, especially with the move to the web and shit like JavaScript, npm, python and pip

But at the end of the day I haven't found anything else I CAN do, that I'd want to do more.

>"women" in SV
I go to a meetup once a month. Room full of young, single guys with six figure salaries.
Only women who show up are recruiters.
They drop business cards in a pile on a table and disappear.
Even with 6figs, programmers are untouchables.

i'm a web dev and it's neat to write something and see it being used by people the same day. there's always interesting problems to try and solve. there's very little bureaucracy, only a weekly 30 min sprint planning and daily 15 minute standups. i also only need 1 person to approve a PR before merging. i also get paid very well, almost at level for new grads. plus, i'm always able to shop around for new position (assuming i've done the necessary leetcode prep)

the only downside is i had to move to the bay area and all my friends are still where i grew up / went to college. it's lonely out here.

The sad truth ;_;

>works as Google programmer
>homeless, living in box truck in Google parking lot

>live in a giant house 10 minutes away and still have plenty left over to buy RTX 2080s every month

Sounds like my kind of job. What's the best way to learn programming? I don't mean any specific language.

And be employable?
Get an overpriced degree at a top school.

Programming is fine. Coworkers and bosses detract from its enjoyment, though

Fuck, this might be pretty real

>t. boomer who was there since the 90s
Ask to see the manager, correct? Just firm handshake and look the guy in the eye, right?

Nope. Graduated 3 years ago.

Chef at Wendy's making $33/hr was more believable Jow Forums

duh. this is why most mid to high tier programmers are autists. networking/infrastructure is best.

Sure. All those offers are just made up. So salty.

based networking and security

Attached: 1525551485969.gif (498x276, 946K)

help me anons, how do i into, where should start.
learn c?

I hope you're a better programmer than salt miner. Cause you suck at salt mining.

Stay mad while I'm enjoying my six figures.

Based trips of truth

Yeah, it's pretty sad. I've even considered neurosuggesting the idea to gold diggers online, but being a complete loser nerd myself, idk where to do that.

is programming viable to learn online. what set skills do you need for cyber security?

Autism. Visual thinking. Seeing the ideas work. Satisfaction.

you can learn programming online, offline, anywhere. doesnt fucking matter. cybersecurity is a pretty broad term user, what are you specifically interested in

You should install kali linux dude
It's like Ubuntu, but for hackers

non-programmer -> kali user is quite the jump

Ubuntu is babby's first linux
Kali is ubuntu + script kiddy tools in a menu
You can barely click anything without hacking something

>6 day 50+ hour work weeks
bruh what the fuck? do you live in china?
how do you accept a position like that and not expect to get burned out. the redflag wasn't "highly motivated and work driven people" it was 6 day work week standard every week

How viable is programming for someone completely devoid of social skills? And by completely devoid I mean not being able to respond to a greeting properly or making small talk at any level.

maybe, but social skills are underrated in tech since few have them, developing any kind of social skills is going to go a long way

Unless you're making a software/website that brings you bucks every month you will be forced to join a company and they tend to fire spergs pretty quickly

become a tranny

based and redpilled

>halfway through CS degree
>classmates at this point are all greasy, unwashed, overweight, cringey /v/ manchildren or just straight up spergs
I cant imagine any of these people being my coworkers. I'm starting to think this field was a huge mistake.

Attached: 1527540771341.jpg (560x564, 59K)

cs fag here. I am also relatively norm-core and many of my classmates are spectrumy, i would say you and i are advantaged because we have made it this far and are able to actually interact with people

Is this 2004?

Yea but shit still stinks. I'm starting to miss the couple of IT cert courses I took. It was mostly just boomers looking to get ahead and the rest were relatively normal, sociable people.

>Reading other people's code is akin to reading a book in a different language
user, if the number of languages(not computer languages) you know can be counted in a single hand, the only people that are as useless as you in this are americans. It's never ok to be ahead of only americans.

It does provide chance for decent life for socially impaired that would otherwise live in poverty.

>you can learn programming online, offline, anywhere. doesnt fucking matter.

This. Though I think the question was more "can you learn programming, using mostly free resources found online?". The answer to this: absolutely yes - technology is probably one of the industries with the most non-degree-holding professionals, and actually I am one of them. Mostly self-taught, with some professional guidance here and there

The thing is, it requires a lot of discipline and persistence, but most of all: a curiosity for how things work, and the desire to learn.

Attached: 1557305254592.jpg (300x225, 26K)

I think it's fun :)

bamp

bomp

Where from? Is there any hope for non-Americans?

How do I learn to program for fun? Most resources are all about making you employable.

t. proud NEET

Are you oblivious to what has been happening for the past 15 years?
In the 2000s, companies were hot on that outsourcing hype. Now they've been hiring local, competent programmers to clean up after the absolute mess left behind by Mr. Sundar with his certificate in ENTERPRISE JAVA.

Go look at job listings for any medium or large city, and tell me that devs are on their way out.

Keep in mind that college does not really reflect the real world.
Dev teams don't want someone who is impossible to work with and lacks hygiene.

programming is not typing

>No one does anything perfect, nor do they do it particularly well.

aren't we humans?

> be me
> do contract work flr cfo of large us company
> get asked to join company after contract because cfo really enjoyed my work
> boss is talkative and easy to be around.
> boss doesn't give annual raises, butbhe gives raises based on group and idea contribution as in if you give ideas on a project that end up being successful he'll up your salary immediately for them.
> boss is ex intel programmer
> boss will blow up at other teams and execs when he feels we're being mistreated.
> boss doesn't care about "extra work" he only cares that we estimate the amount of work in the sprint correctly.
> office is a fun and open area where you can basically talk about anything
> I'm the youngest in the office by like 20 years and don't at all feel belittled.
> started at 60k and after 2 years earning 80

B-but user! Women don't find programming sexy!!! Fuck what women think is sexy, y'all really think I'm gonna live my life based around what a woman thinks?

This. There are very few shitty jobs, mostly shitty bosses and co-workers.

I like being a programmer in my shitty euro country. Obviously salaries got nothing on US ones, but on the upside I have no competition. Companies fight to hire me because I have all my job experience plus good English skills, I'm getting new offers every week.
Work is comfy, but stressful at times but what job isn't?
The best part is knowing that I won't be replaced by pajeets.
What pajeet would move to Spain and have to learn Spanish when they can go straight to the US, Canada, etc?

stay poor

And not more than 1 monitor

absolutely comfy
I am wholeheartedly jealous

I think it's kind of like edging.
You go on endlessly not getting anything good, until finally a compiled program runs flawlessly,and it's like an orgasm.

>women aren't running head over heals to fuck programmers
Programming gives me money and money gives me women. The fact you don't shower and buy good clothes isn't my fault.

Think of a task you want done. Do it.

Drop books and tutorials and perform challenges. It's like playing drums, people love to put names to everything in order to sell books but what you actually need to do is to set yourself a practice routine.

the only time i ever use books is for reference, the idea that you could read a book on C and then write a socket is retarded, you must go out and fail fast and often to reach competence

>He types on cubes of plastic
Fucking normies

well there's lots of jobs for the 2 or 3 people in the country with 200 years of experience

>tfw to dumb for programming job

>You spend hours hunched over in a chair tapping plastic cubes while staring into a screen.
This is a common misconception that retards and brainlets have that have never developed anything significant, ever.
You spend more time planning and thinking things through.

you could always hang out with me ;..;
->t. failed med student who left the programming world at an early stage and ended up with a psychology degree

>You spend more time planning and thinking things through.
except that elegant plan usually has a few random as fuck bugs that break everything, or as someone else mentioned, garbage code that is impossible to follow logic

Programming is super fun

Attached: ______.png (501x377, 20K)

Honestly same. An acceptable salary and health insurance and I'm all set.

>amount of work in the sprint
>started at 60k
>after 2 years earning 80
youre being underpaid. 2 years experience should land you 100k in any decent job market. and most places have 'fun' work place environments

It's more fun than video games for me.
The part about working with other people and women not liking it is true.
However, making 6 figures isn't that bad. What else am I gonna do?

I love when you guys say you don't read because as much as I hate coworkers' incompetence, I love comparing myself to them.

>he reads books in 2019

what have you written?

bay area?