I'm going to a Richard M. Stallman talk on "Ethics and freedom in a digital age" at ETH tomorrow...

I'm going to a Richard M. Stallman talk on "Ethics and freedom in a digital age" at ETH tomorrow. What should I ask him on behalf of you fa/g/gots?

Attached: chaddam_stallman.png (712x999, 421K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thealternative.ch/rms/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ask him if trannies should be allowed to program codes into software

' do all jews eat off their feet '

Is refusing to install GNU/linux yourself to get a better insight into the process that users go through just laziness or is it insanity?

ask him why he tries to leech off of linus success

How can free software game developers compete in the broader game market without alienating the rights of the user?

Ask when the GNU operating system will be completed.

Ask him "where can I get the GHU OS" as in "Not a Linux distribution, but actual OS itself with nothing extra" "kernel is optional".

ask how to install a free linux distro on an apple macbook pro with the t2 chip

Ask him if 2020 will be the year of the Linux desktop

Ask him if he's ever planning on retiring, and what will happen to the FSF after him.

Also what he thinks of the growing amount of politics within the free software and open source movements.

Please ask him what he thinks of the EOMA68
thanks

why isn't there a gnu empire game, I was told gnu would come with an empire game

kek I almost forgot about this vaporware

Kek.
I've seen a triggered Stallman live once. It's quite a spectacle.

Attached: 1552328532072.jpg (248x189, 9K)

ASK HIM WHERE'S HURD

Tell him you're a staunch supporter of SaaS and that you write exclusively SaaS software, and then ask him to prove why you're a slave or an idiot.

Can i still get tickets? I want to know if he smells in person.

under 2 hours away but still a long way to travel to see a real pedophile

>he wants to smell RMS
This is fucking revolting even for Jow Forums.

And what does he think about systemd.

there is no self reflection in this thread :^)

Were you inspired by this

Like you don't want to know.

I bet he smells like Axe Africa or some other non-free deodorant.

No i'm afraid this is convergent evolution.

I watched him sperg live years ago in Germany. After watching him he alienate most of his audience by literally calling them all idiots and slaves for not going full autist along side him, getting near enough to smell him did not occur to me.

But now that you say that, I do agree that he probably uses a nonfree deodorant and is thus a hypocrite, AND that someone should go there call him on it right to his face.

There's no tickets, just go to ETH HG E5.

God I wish he would have his hair. He'd make a cute chubby daddy bear.

how do we keep FOSS from getting coopted and destroyed by totalitarian fascist SJWs

Damn. ok. i'll ask gf and if she also wants to go we'll go. Tbh i'm a big fan of his philosophy. Worth the trip.

Same here, I might have been in the audience.
Btw. he mentioned he lives like a tramp, he travels and bunks down with people who let him sleep on their couch.

Somebody from the audience went and asked him if somebody used Ubuntu, wasn't that at least a partial win for not using Windows. He went full sperg. Apparently a system that has even one line of unfree code isn't free one bit.

>Tbh i'm a big fan of his philosophy
>i'll ask gf and if she also wants to go we'll go.
Given that she's underaged, I bet it won't be a problem.

Some user emailed him with this question. He said systemd is fine because it's free software.

He answered this previously and if I remember correctly it was basically "don't use, don't care but it's free".
Would be interesting to see if his opinion has changed on it.

of course he did

thealternative.ch/rms/

"We will provide a second room into which the talk is streamed for those who do not fit into the main room."

I don't want to sit in the cuck-room with my girlfriend, that would be sad.

You should ask yourself if it's maybe a bit stupid to ask a guy who got his operating system stolen, renamed and distributed as 'just a hobby by some Finnish guy' why he wants to steal credit for his own OS

He's no tramp, he's a fucking bum. I saw him in late 2015 in Hamburg at 31c3.

>Apparently a system that has even one line of unfree code isn't free one bit.
Gotta love the purity spiral.

Didn'T he like, make the first open-source compiler? Isn'T that what he's famous for? GCC?

Went and saw him in a small town in Germany, some 150 to 200 people turned up. They used the biggest ballroom in the castle for that.

Tell me, did his penis taste like nonfree soap or didf you have to gobble up his smegma too?

>open source
free software, open source is a different thing

He made Linux.

I thought that was hacker man Steve Wolzniack.

He used to black-pill chicks he met with sheet-money right from the Federal Reserve. There's a bit on wikipedia about it and i've met one of the chicks. They're all super weird over there in silicon valley.

how does he power his thinkpad if he lives on the streets?

Gas stations and libraries?

Just don't call it that in his presence. or he'll flip out.

> Ethics and freedom in a digital age
Is using Linux on a router is good enough for a freedom?
> actually, it's GNU..
I use Busybox/Linux *trollface*

what does free as in freedom mean?

>oh, you're using a GNU emulator *smile*

He usually holds a speech before you can ask him anything, and believe me, he speaks about freedom for about an hour or so. If you ask him about that, you'll get lynched by the audience because he will go on for another hour about that.

Ask him to switch to spanish half way through the presentation.

I don't think this is the question Jow Forums really wants to ask

> Why did the Night King wait 1000 years just to get stabbed in the back by Aria?

>Ask him to switch to spanish half way through the presentation.
Imagine the troglodytes who first did this...

Ask if there are any *real* consequences of using non-free software, and what the point of using free software even is if there is no real reason to. Guaranteed to make him sperg!

Ask him when are we gonna get free hardware.

"Whats the point in writing free software in a world of closed-source hardware and drivers?"

Also why doesn't he want to kill himself, since he wants humankind to die out?

Sad

> implying GNU invented coreutils

Linus is ethnic swede

They literally did.

Nope. Even in the old days, GNU coreutils were the best, but not the only implementation for UNIX systems.

wtf is coreutils and why should anyone care?

So what does busybox emulate? Unix? So why does it have functionalities found in GNU, but not in Unix? Did Unix have wget? I guess not!

>unix
back to the reddit

Linus is Canadian though

Err you mean GNU/Linus

Woah. OK, good point. But still Busybox isn't GNU.

pls never try to be funny again

>dualboot

Attached: 1545843417356.jpg (179x170, 10K)

if he still stand by his opinion about paid toilets.

Ask him to add some good news to his feed. Everyday bad news is depressing.

Ask him why iceweasel can be recommended while Gentoo can't. Both only obstruct the nonfree bits a bit, both enable a choice of fully free.

Interrupt him after the first part of his speech.
Say you have trouble understanding English and ask him to start over in French.

Ask him what his greatest regret is.

He's an ethnic sellout is what he is.

>Also what he thinks of the growing amount of politics within the free software and open source movements
Well, he doesn't care about the OSM, for one. So scratch that. In regard to the FSM, one of his biggest gripes with the OSM is that it tries to obscure the inherent political nature of free software. So I guess his answer should be pretty obvious to this question.

wait until he finishes and then ask him to do the talk again in spanish

Attached: Eu9Pk2P.png (400x380, 315K)

Ach du heiligi scheisse user danke für das, ich gan grat morn det ane

Found the swissfag

When I went to see one of his talks, a guy asking a question said open source instead of free software so Stallman interrupted him and went on a 10 minute rant before letting the guy continue with his question
The event was great except for all the spergs in the audience

OP here, this thread was a mistake. I singlehandedly increased the autism ratio tomorrow.
Either way, for those CH anons who are coming tomorrow: How am I going to know who's an user?

ask him why he flies on airplanes running on proprietary software

It's more sad that you keep bring up the fact that you have a girlfriend. I assume it's a new thing for you

ask when hurd will support sound

>I singlehandedly increased the autism ratio tomorrow.
You don't need to do that. Stallman will provide all the necessary autism himself.

Anyway, have fun.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-05-01-19h27m33s077.png (624x480, 207K)

Tell him his brain is not open source.

Dude, lurk moar.
Stallman is not about open source. He's about free software. As a matter of fact, he will go on a 15 minute rant if you mention "open source". He hates open source people.

i found this slightly funny in all honesty my brethren.

Ask him if you could have some bitcoin.

ask him why he didn't kill himself, because life is closed source :DDD

Except life isn't closed source?
Every cell has a full copy of the DNA required to build another organism. That sounds pretty open-source to me.

How people like you even pass the captcha is a mystery to me.

Firstly, it is. There is no licence preventing it from being read. Secondly, rms detests the OSM.

I'll show up with a fedora

it impossible to sequence whole DNA, and if you could, code is "obfuscated"