Macbooks are overpriced

Macbooks are overpriced
>Ok, show me a similarly priced laptop with the same specs or better. Reminder that $1300 rMBPs are light, have a 2560x1600 retina display, 8GB RAM, outstanding battery life, NVMe SSDs and the best build quality and support in the business
>...

Can we finally put an end to this meme?

Attached: 457973-apple-macbook-pro-15-inch-2017.jpg (810x456, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rbt.asia/g/search/text/Ok, show me a similarly priced laptop with the same specs or better/
dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/xps-15/spd/xps-15-9570-laptop/fncwxb1652h
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>outstanding battery life
in what universe? I own a MBP and it has shit battery life.
Also, I can get a Thinkpad T490 for cheaper than 1300, same RAM, comparable res screen, MUCH better battery (afaik they still do the swappable dual-battery thing), an acutal quad-core (the MBP for 1300 is a fucking dual-core), and way better build quality.

it is machine for faggots, how new are you?
even dirt cheap thinkpads can do dual battery

>have to bring the computer to an Apple store or AASP for repair
>good support
With Lelnovo or Dell the technicians go to your home to fix the issue

You know he's going to spam this same thread at least 20 times now, right? Kindly sage and report.

t. macfag (not voluntarily) sick of the pro-macfag spam

rbt.asia/g/search/text/Ok, show me a similarly priced laptop with the same specs or better/

Attached: 1544514768239.png (1800x2560, 2.48M)

Macbook Pro starts at $1300 for the 2017 model....................................................................................

Holy shiet, a bot!

nigger stfu. Apple is twice the price of its competitors for comparable hardware.

Matebook X Pro costs $600 dollars less than it's (obvious)competitor, with very comparable hardware, if not better.

1.8 GHz Intel Core i7-8550U Quad-Core

16GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD

13.9" 3000 x 2000 Multi-Touch Display

NVIDIA GeForce MX150 (2GB GDDR5)

802.11ac Dual-Band Wi-Fi | Bluetooth 4.1

USB Type-A | USB Type-C | Thunderbolt 3

91% Screen-to-Body Ratio

Recessed Pop-Up Webcam

Matedock 2 Included

Windows 10 Home Signature (64-Bit)

Attached: 143711-laptops-review-review-huawei-matebook-x-pro-review-image1-fck1qxzqrj.jpg (970x647, 201K)

For what have you ever needed more than 2 cores™

Fuck off with your stupid threads you goddammed shill

Jow Forums btfo

>Huawei

Attached: 1557104117452.jpg (650x433, 50K)

damn my family, we should ban China... they will kill all tech industry

>I don't wont Chinese spying on me, I'd rather have my government do it

dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-laptops/xps-15/spd/xps-15-9570-laptop/fncwxb1652h

Attached: 4f37e6e2e567b8703edbf212dfa0ac2472a0b1fc_hq.jpg (970x1024, 87K)

Sure, but Acer for $500 will outperform it despite having worse specs. For $100 you can make yourself a retina screen. For $100 you will get even better battery than MacBook. (Muh dongles? Not much different from power bank)
Support in business? HP, Dell and Lenovo. They have pretty good policy on those.

>Chines spyware is more ethical than X

Attached: 523197421.png (500x322, 42K)

>Chines spyware is more ethical than X
well, at least their FBI won't break into your home if you speak about guns or whatever else they deem illegal in your state.

If you are a terrorist, the chinese will probably cheer for you, instead of reporting... hahahaha.

Also, think about tax evasion and similar felonies? Which gov do you like to spy on you again? Your own or the chinese?

also, for example the owner of kat.to (torrent site) is in prison because he liked to purchase music on his Apple device.

If he had a chinese device, the site would still be up. He would be rich and getting blow jobs from hot thots... now he will be giving blow jobs in prison for the next 20 years.

What about muh battery life?

Also why the fuck are chinks and MS the only ones else who offer a respectable aspect ratio? How comes Lenovo, Dell and HP only offers consumer trash these days?

It's not like it prevents Burgers from spying on you either.

>for example the owner of kat.to (torrent site) is in prison because he liked to purchase music on his Apple device.
It has nothing to do with spying but the idiot using the same info and IP. Obviously the shit is logged when you use a store.

Why the fuck would someone running a piracy site even use the Apple store for. It's like Escobar buying coke from some kid in a club.

>Light
Legitimately who does this matter to

People who leave their basements and hence buy a laptop?

>macfag (not voluntarily)
Let me guess, company laptop?

The only time it's ever really mattered for me is when I'm booked on short haul flights which are carry on only, or if I decide to do that when going on a long term holiday.
You don't notice 2.5kg vs 1.5kg when carrying something around normally during the day.

my point still stands, if he bought music from some chinese online store, he'd never get caught (since the chinese don't give a fuck about intellectual property rights)

Just as they shouldn't

> short haul flights which are carry on only
Outside of these are the also smaller location changes too. And it just seems more reasonable to be prepared for more mobility and turning the weight from "barely noticeable" to "did I even pack it?"

The Chinese store would still log his data (as basically any store does to process orders), whether they would hand it over is a different question but it's not like they care much about privacy, so a decent offer would do.

They don't care about copyright cancer when it comes to breaking it themselves, which is a tad different.

>whether they would hand it over
well thats my point. FBI wouldn't even ask them, it's a foreign government.

so tell me again, why should you be scared about "chinese spying over you" but feel safe when your government spies over you.

>FBI wouldn't even ask them, it's a foreign government.
And they can cooperate. It's not like the Snowden case when looking the other way would give them any benefits. Playing nice with your allies unless you have a reason not to is a solid strategy.
Besides at least nominally they pretend to give a fuck, so he'd be fucked most likely.

>why should you be scared about "chinese spying over you" but feel safe when your government spies over you.
Hey, I'm not from that side.

I've been happy with the MacBooks i've owned. Just give me one with a functional keyboard and i'll happily pay the premium.. Until then i'm leaning towards getting an XPS or ZenBook.

*spies on you (sorry, I am from Europe)

this nigger

dual core will barely be able to browse the web in 5 years.

Ikr, here's this premium car, goy.. I mean guy. It occasionally breaks and we locked the hood down and only our geniuses have the key.

My EDC in my bag, with 2.5kg laptop and bag weight included is only about 5.5kg, but still the difference between 4.5kg and 5.5kg really isn't noticeable unless you're directly focusing on it

>1.8

never post this trash again.

Attached: 53485350_2337802283124303_1789841343304957952_n.jpg (960x960, 79K)

>For what have you ever needed more than 2 cores™
One core is more than enough my son

Attached: abf.jpg (960x686, 155K)

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>retina meme for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
>same problems as above plus:
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered RAM & SSD
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life
>kb breaks from a speck of dust requiring $700 fix
>can't open screen more than 90 degrees or the fragile display cable breaks

>it's 2019 and moving folders around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

Attached: 1555294312760.jpg (1024x545, 171K)

>best build quality and support in the business

Attached: 1557699987708.png (295x214, 80K)

Don't forget the charger. Besides 1.5kg is rather on the heavy end for an ultrabook, so the difference would be closer to 1.5kg overall, obviously still not much but easy to notice if you had them side by side.

Besides, it's not like going big has too many advantages for a laptop unless you're using it as a workstation replacement. Most people would notice the lower weight more than better cooling/more power headroom.

>still living in muh ghz world

>16:9
>high quality
pick one

>muh 16:10 maymay

Attached: 1555723760672.png (1440x900, 1.75M)

>keeping the bars always on
Imagine doing that.

macs are overpriced

This is legitimately the only purpose for using a mac. They obviously won't let you use GNU/Linux, so a system with MacOS will at least let you have a Unix system that's familiar enough.
For personal though, there's no reason to ever buy one.

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1546224777962.gif (500x491, 376K)

This. I hide the bars so I get 100% full screen real estate.

>sucking off your fagbook
Imagine doing that.

Attached: 1555947963414.png (930x1600, 615K)

>sucking off a fagbook to make it work
vs
>having a laptop that sucks with a pleb aspect ratio and hence can't be fixed
The first option still sounds more tempting tbqh.

>muh 2% extra vertical space
>forced to use a heap of shit that is a fagbook
yikes

>sucking at math while browsing Jow Forums

2/10 bait have a (you).

>sucking cock while browsing Jow Forums

Attached: 1545088193131.jpg (1280x720, 208K)

>being this much of a newfag

$1300 rMBPs

rMPB is currently around 500-700$ in yurop.
About the same price as used T460 or T470.

I wouldn't say that it is a bad deal, in the past they were expensive af, but now they are objectively better than similarily priced thinkpad alternative with way worse display and battery life.

I have rMBP 2013 with 1200 charge cycles, fucker still has 75% of original capacity while Dell XPS or thinkpad batteries would be totally dead.
Also replacement battery is 50$, same as for thinkpad or XPS.

Dual battery is a meme that even thinkpad abandoned.
Fuck number of batteries, the real use time is only benchmark, and even old macs win by double.

Look at the displays in real life and i dare you to say that TN 768p looks good in comparison with mac display.
Are you fucking delusional.

Back to your designated shitting street Ranjeet.

Attached: 1536602131072.png (980x614, 55K)

ok, I will bite.

I'm a macfag myself, but I'm aware that any macbook that came after 2016 is complete shit, and here's why:
> unnecessarily thin, leading to thermal throttling due to small heatsink
> worst keyboard on laptops (even Ideapads have superior keyboards)
> several hardware issues (keyboard failures, display cable issues etc)
> GPU is severely underpowered at those price points
> soldered SSD (why?)

> Ok, show me a similarly priced laptop with the same specs or better.
> $1300 rMBPs
You know those are dual cores right? That's unacceptable at that price in 2019. I admit that you can't find a nice display like that at that price, but I'm pretty sure you can get a quad-core Thinkpad X1 Carbon with a pretty nice full HD display for $1300.

The display is the main thing going for it, namely the colour gamut.
However, if you aren't a creative and don't really care, you can even get a full blown RTX2060 gayman laptop for cheaper or a 2070 one for around the same price.

XPS 13
> quad-core
> 4K touch display
> 256GB upgradeable NVMe SSD
> very decent keyboard
> $1328

MacCuck Pro:
> dual core
> 2.5K non touch display
> 128GB soldered NVMe (kek)
> shitty keyboard with tons of issues
> $1299

Your turn, macfags
> pic related

Attached: B600567E-454B-4C3A-853F-D765B6B581F3.png (1536x2048, 616K)

> zenBook
please don't

>The display is the main thing going for it
Idk, I could bear with some 16:9 trash or even the old 1400x900 TN screen but the trackpad would be still too shitty to deal with on non Macbooks. Gestures are fucking magic.

>outstanding battery life
I mean, 8h ain't bad but not really outstanding either.

> very decent keyboard
You lost me. I'm typing this from my XPS 13 and the keyboard is utter shit, even the butterfly meme would be preferable.

Attached: f63.jpg (600x579, 39K)

Not the first time reading it on here. What's wrong with it? On the outside it looks like your basic ass chiclet so it can't be that bad or?

>cramped
>extremely mushy
>wobbly feel to the keys
>pretty noisy for a chiclet

I also hate the layout, especially the super tiny left shift. The touchpad sucks balls as well, extremely noisy click that sounds like it's about to break. It's a shame because otherwise it's a great laptop.

Attached: 1555865709243.jpg (592x670, 40K)

>Can we finally put an end to this meme?
You can't, because stupidity is unstoppable.

Idk, my MBA had pretty good screen.
Someone in Apple knew what he was doing. Those LG screens are good.

Attached: WP_000380.jpg (2592x1944, 979K)

Funny to be reminded how people used to bitch about the previous keyboard only to cream on about it once it got updated.

What laptop is that and what are the specs?
desu

>$1150
>bigger batteries
>better, bigger screen
>better keyboard
>same nvme drive speeds
>8gb ram
>all metal body
but oh no it's 0.2 pounds heavier, welp i guess I loose and the macbook is the better computer

Attached: 1547350474417.webm (460x252, 622K)

i guess I should have mentioned i was talking about the surface book 2

Macbooks are not overpriced, they just spend the money on all the wrong places.
It's like buying a 386 with a gold case. It will be very expensive by what it does perform but you will pay for the components.

But this only applies to the base mac, try to get any expansion options and THEN you will get to the overpriced hell.

>surface book 2
yikes

Attached: .jpg (810x456, 16K)

Layout of Mac keyboard is garbage, but switches itself used to be OK, and considering the fact that they are riveted to aluminium, shit is pretty stiff.
New MacBooks have horrible keyboard. I tried one in store and it felt just as bad, as Jow Forums told me.
>Acer A315-41.
AMD Ryzen 5 2500U APU
1TB Toshiba HDD
Slotted RAM
M.2 SATA SSD slot
Shitty screen. I will replace it with LG TN panel, sooner or later, and maybe with HD one, not 1366x768 meme.
Murata (Sony) battery, but it lasts only 4-5 hours
OK keyboard, though arrow layout is shit.
Decent touchpad (pretty close to MBA, but only under Linux. In Windows it is trash, since pajeet driver doesn't allow to adjust shit).

I bought this because I needed laptop fast, since I didn't want to dump $40 on mac charger and $200 on snowflake SSD.
I had OK experience with Acers (packard bell) before.

Nobody NEEDS a quad core processor. Just like no one NEEDS a car that goes faster than 100 mph. If you dont think a macbook pro satisfies your professional needs you are just compensating for something, have sex incel.

>I tried one in store and it felt just as bad, as Jow Forums told me.
Obviously. It's different from any keyboard there is and takes using to.

Bet when there is another major change macfags will be back to praising butterfly while hating on the new shit.

Attached: lqbait.jpg (600x600, 18K)

>Obviously. It's different from any keyboard there is and takes using to.
Key travel is too short. It reminds me those remote control things.
>Bet when there is another major change macfags will be back to praising butterfly while hating on the new shit.
Well, it depends.

Attached: 11908366_800.jpg (659x600, 45K)

It is short but it's also pretty click-y and satisfying IMO. The remote ones are soft and swallow, and need you to hit the middle of the key. And given just how different it is from other keyboards, whether they are good or bad, I'm not too surprised that people hate on it initially.

Not trying to convince anyone to like them but the backlash over how shitty they are just seems more because of external factors.

>It is short but it's also pretty click-y and satisfying IMO
It feels more like crushing breadcrums with normal keyboard.
>And given just how different it is from other keyboards, whether they are good or bad, I'm not too surprised that people hate on it initially.
Thing is, keyboards are old technology. People had tried a lot of bizarre things, but typical laptop keyboards, and desktop ones are the only ones that survived, and there is a reason, people need some play, some key travel, and tactile feedback. It just works best™.
Normal laptop keyswitch has sufficient key travel (you can press a key half way and shit won't register anything) and it has feedback, thanks to special form of rubber dome and deceleration you get from mushing key into substrate.
Butterfly keyboards, don't have noticeable deceleration, since travel distance is short. Sure, they have click, but it is not informative at all.
Such movement is OK for touch-pad buttons, but for keyboard it is unacceptable, due to having more than one key for finger.
That all is ignoring problem that it is allergic to dust and shit.

There are just things, that can't be improved. Would you use toilet paper made from special paper that makes clicky noises?

>don't have noticeable deceleration
Which makes typing feel faster and more direct. Can't really explain it well but feels more like I'm "producing" letters on the screen by moving my fingers, in a pretty surreal way. And without the unsatisfying feeling from other swallow keyboards due the click-y-ness.
And yeah, I'm obviously a minority but god, I love the stuff despite taking some time to get used to it.

>That all is ignoring problem that it is allergic to dust and shit.
Now that seems like a much more objective fault with them. And doesn't appear really fixable either, outside of an extreme solution like covering the entire keyboard in a layer that would mess up the whole experience.
Still surprised that my sis who tends to be messy as fuck still didn't kill hers after two years.

>the best build quality and support in the business
Tip top kek. I use a 2012 MBP and getting anything fixed officially by Apple support is an exercise in pissing away money. I can't imagine buying one of their newer machines where they literally force you to replace half the computer to fix stuck keys.

Literally the only reason to bother with a Mac is the OS, and their hardware has been too trash since 2016 to bother paying the Mac Tax.

>Thinkpad
>anything but a garbagio screen with niggerlicious font rendering
wew lad.
t.thinkpad enthusiast

>this greentext
oh my sides, what fucking retard itoddler.
is this even bait at this point?

spotted the newfag

>Why the fuck would someone running a piracy site even use the Apple store for. It's like Escobar buying coke from some kid in a club.
most of the staff running kat were the biggest bunch of retards on the planet. they had no idea what security was.

Based and redpilled

>For what have you ever needed more than 2 cores™
I don't know, for watching 1080p 60fps videos if it has an iGPU as well?