Attached: store.png (1593x1060, 310K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrace,_extend,_and_extinguish
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

cope with what?

it's fake linux

>Linux
GNU*

Oh wow, it's Spyware+Linux! How can GNU+Linux cope?!?1?

>how will freetards cope?
You realise that it's only done because the Microshit devs want to use Linux but without appearing as a traitor, right?

>and this kills the Linux dead

Microsoft is obviously panicking.

and what relevance does that have

you can get windows + linux so why would you ever gimp yourself to just linux

WSL doesn't contain a single line of Linux

>you can get windows + linux
You could already do this by dual booting. I don't see what your point is.

Imagine for a moment it would be macOS and then imagine back

But I don't want Winblows, why would I? It's always slow and shitty. Loonix just werks.

>GNU/Linux?
>Oh you mean that app for Windows?

>you can get shit+cake so why would you ever gimp yourself to just cake

Of course, it's a compatibility layer for linux kernels. That's what I said though.

>how do you even say "GNU/Linux"? what a dumb name!
>Microsoft Linux is much better!

on high end hardware, w10 is faster than loonix

It's a lie. There is NO LINUX in the WSL.

How many linux kernels do you have? Want to share some?

You can't do anything in WSL on the same level that you can with an actual Linux distro, it's fucking useless...

Only on the rare cases of closed specifications, which is the fault of the hardware manufacturer and not Linux's.

It might be shocking for you but "Linux" as you get it from Torvalds is non-free software. So really if you keep using "Linux" as a misleading term the freechads won't do anything but laugh in your face since the operating system is called GNU/Linux. Out of the distros offered to WSL, only Debian uses the proper naming, and even then it's not a FSDG endorsed distro.

It's rather helpful since it will make the free world a bit more elitist, with no noobs and winjeets, ever gracing over a non-botnet, freedom respecting OS.

Virtualbox is a thing since forever, you know.

how did you enable tabs on the store?

>or as I've taken to calling it, microsoft plus linux

What do you mean? I try to remains as close to upstream as possible, stable though.

Pretty easily. Based on MS's announcement, there's no reason for program/game developers to not work on the Linux version first, right? So not only will I see an increase in support, I will also still be able to dodge the spyware OS that is Windows 10.

Wait, how the fuck does this not count as "derivative work"? I demand source code now, under the Great Public Law version 2.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrace,_extend,_and_extinguish

I never had any PC or laptop where Winbloat performed better than Loonix. Even if Winbloat was preinstalled and therefor had the game rigged to it's favor.

What are you talking about? Linus started distributing Linux under the GPL since version 0.99

I hope that at least, this way some communists out there inderstand the concept of free software and start demanding FOSS windows or organize faggy boycott campaign, that would be cool

>ms makes cheap chink ripoff of linux
oh no what do we do???? it's not like something like this didn't exist for decades omg!!!111

NSA/Linux

>run Linux on Windows
This is 100% wrong

Microsoft: actually innovates
Jow Forumstards: complains

Ffs.

Well, no. "Derivative work" has a very strict meaning in software licensing, and copying a public interface ain't it.

>innovates
>literally makes a copy-paste of another os
because winbloat is not shit, amirite?

Not complaining. Just not using MS.

but desu this is pretty cool since ill never need to develop for windows now

Do they have Wayland working yet?

not innovative, worse than existing solutions, only exists to satisfy existing microsoft customers that have to work with linux on azure or to steal developer marketshare from macos

>Microsoft: Makes a "WINE" to run Linux
>(You): Calls it innovative.
Right.

You mean like Wine and whatever than macos on Linux thing was called?

>when microsoft does it in 2019 it's innovative
>when wine does it in 1993 it's copypaste
this is your brain on proprietary software

Question: If the kernel was GPLv3, would MS be able to do this?

So are you sandboxing linux in Windows, or what? How is this better for the end user than a dual boot?

Because the botnet is on 100% of the time.

Linux is a kernel.

And how does that make it better for the end user than dual booting?

You can always press the Windows© key to have real-time suggestions of the most popular apps in the moment.

>Run Linux on Windows
Linux contains many proprietary parts. In order to do this, they need to fork it, rip out lots of stuff and customize it. MS will do exactly this with WSL 2. The whole thing will then run in a virtual machine instead on the NT layer.

Currently there is no Linux on Windows, it's just Uhr GNU part.

Nice strawman.
Innovation: the application of better solutions that meet new requirements, unarticulated needs, or existing market needs.

Don't be a Jow Forumstard and accept that most users use windows, and be like this guy

What needs does this fulfill that dual booting does not? I am genuinely curious.

>Don't be a Jow Forumstard and accept that most users use windows
I never denied that. I still don't see why I should care about what MS is doing, as opposed to dual-booting.

>here's your calculator bro
>clicks hyperlink
>starts downloading Fedora 31
>"Damn, he could just have used one of my five distro images from M$ Store"

The same ones as WINE and what the kvm-vfio folks want - nice interop between systems and not having to reboot.

>The same ones as WINE and what the kvm-vfio folks want - nice interop between systems and not having to reboot.
And yet you said, "Nice strawman," when I said that they created a Windows version of WINE here: So how was I wrong?

This is the opposite of what I want. I want to run Linux but be able to use whatever windows shit I need for games and photo/video editing

Have you tried Windows in kvm with vfio?

Linux is moving in the same direction as m$, wine/wsl1 -> kvm/hyper-v.

Ok. So how is it innovative?

Having Linux duct taped and super glued onto Windows does not make for a comfortable development environment, nor is it a substitute for everything else advantageous about using Linux. It's a handy tool for some development scenarios, but nothing more.

Because Windows =/= Linux? I'm struggling to understand what you don't understand.

it's literally just linux in a vm

Yeah, but they are just making Windows do what Linux already does (sandbox the other OS). Furthermore, when you sandbox Windows, you also sandbox the spyware bundled in their closed-source OS, whereas when you sandbox Linux, you still get teh spyware throughout your primary OS. I

Is that how you think it's innovative? You get to run Linux with the MS colonoscopy camera up your ass the entire time?

>nice interop between systems and not having to reboot
This would be valuable if SSDs weren't a thing. Now, it's like flipping a lightswitch down, and then up again.

Cmon man. It's valuable because there's no need for lightswitch down at all. You can have photoshop at the same time as xathura.

>instead of actually addressing the argument, just look at this dictionary definition of a word and concede defeat
wine: 1993
cygwin: 1995
windows services for unix: 1999
>b-but this time it's innovative!
don't do proprietary software kids

>do you belive we opensource that shit?
well they just finished there "muh new dev env"...
but its just terminal virtualization.. so the difference are still the same..
the unix standart use path/folders and fiels, and microsoft use API and objects so you still cant edit your systems and creats new windows repos of your owns..
you cant debug it or root it..
so nothing new happend here you can download minimal/server gnu linux distro and run it on your windows its the same..

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Microsoft Linux, is in fact, NSA/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GLOW NIGGERS plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning SPYWARE system made useful by the Niggers at the CIA.

Many computer users run a modified version of the NSA system every day, without realizing it.

Attached: 1529351003371.jpg (833x1024, 83K)

I love how both of you decide to ignore the truth of the matter about windows. The year of the Linux desktop isn't coming. This is as close as you're going to get and yet you've still got to have a stick up your ass about it.

K. So how is this innovate in comparison to, say, WINE?

>he STILL hasn't explained how this is innovative
$0.02 has been deposited into your account

I don't care about "the year of the Linux desktop." I am happy with what I'm using. I don't give a shit what other people use. I'm asking why I should install Windows just so I can continue to use my Linux distro? You have yet to give me an answer. I've also asked why what MS is doing is "innovative" in the face of WINE, and I have yet to get an answer.

... and in 1996 it started to include non-free firmware blobs, and later obfuscode which made it useless in a GNU distribution which demands 100% free software. This is why Linux-libre was created.

HA! microsoft improving there development envirioment by adding virtual loonix terminal

Attached: 1oy4gf.jpg (640x400, 38K)

The year where everyone on windows get punked is coming instead.
People will keep using it but if you want to be one of the sheep that will have your machine wrecked or taken ransom, be my guest.

Considering Linux will never get the full adobe suite and full gaming support, this is about as good as it gets for PC users: No shitty dualbooting requiring the entire restart of your computer, and no clunky VMs taking up extra space.

Distro users shouldn't complain, more people are going to start using it and getting experience with the terminal since they can get
WSL 2 running in less than the time it would take to get and install a distro.

try not to be so toxic Jow Forums

STOP CALLING THIS SHIT LINUX ALREADY

games on vulcan engine working better on gnu..

>cope
Virtualized linux environment designed with the intent to control the linux eco system. If they make it so that you can use linux on windows, they can control how you use it on windows. They can subvert it.
Recently Microsoft has added a virtualized linux kernel so that they don't have to translate between linux sys calls to NT kernel.

Except that Linux will literally be run in a VM. But, as I said before, this shit isn't gonna help, MS. This is a great way for my dad to fuck around with Linux Mint before having to commit to an installation.

at least 5

Attached: 2019-05-13-220004.png (388x252, 66K)

well i have, many times

did someone claim wine was "innovative"? this world would be better if wine was not needed but unfortunately it is

Is this better than virtualbox or what is it

The new WSL contains every single line of Linux

Not yet, so pack your shit and cone back when you're right.

It gave me an amused smile, so here, have a you. Also, trips of truth

>make shit is that you force down everyones throat with abusive copyright powers
>need to run other os in containers to stay relevant.

5bux in your account

They'll keep on using their preferred distro of Linux and not care. If anything they'll be glad to have more people use Linux, even if on the WSL Kernel.
more users = more potential contributors.

Embrace, Extend, and Extingush isn't even relvant because Microsoft can't extingush externally maintained open source software... Why does everything have to be mutually opposed?

By laughing in less ram usage