>Chromium requires 100GB HDD space to compile

Attached: scrot.png (806x571, 216K)

No it doesn't

unless you are a brainlet, then it does.

What did you do differently from the instructions?

And over 8gb ram.

it requires 500 MB to compile. I compiled it like four days ago.
Granted it does take A LONG time to compile

I know it requires a lot of RAM. But I'm sure about disk space, since I compiled it on 128GB ssd without any problems.

I dunno guys, it filled my SSD as fuck.

Software is not supposed to be compiled by the user. Let the professionals handle it.

I am a professional.

>Professional
>Uses Jow Forums for tech advice
How and Why do you have the job you do?

>compiling
Why? Just use the binary packages.

>How
Passed the interview easily.
>Why
Good cash, interesting projects.

chromium is almost a OS on its own. It can read PDF, recognize voice, has a speech to text capability, webgl, can handle local storage, open and write any kind of file (check out blobs)... i'm not surprised that it's complex to compile

I compiled chromium a year ago. It only took about 2GB. Not sure what you're doing, bud

>interesting projects
>spends his days compiling standard web browsers
Pick one.

>chromium is almost a OS on its own
Yeah, you can run pretty much anything on Chrome these days, it's insane.

>2019
>can handle local storage
whoa

compiling stuff is interesting but op sure doesn't sound like a professional tbqh

In my off time, idiot.
Armchair psychologist.

Armchair professional

Literally correct, I make money programming on an armchair.

not him, but build in release mode and without debug symbols

The last time I successfully compiled Chromium was on a 32GB RAM system, of which I had allocated 16GB as a RAM disk. Took about an hour with jumbo-build. Chromium developers supposedly all use 128GB RAM workstations that can compile the entire thing in 20 minutes, but since that's not fast enough there's a dedicated compile server that does it in 5.

op is not very bright. starts off compulsive lying and continues to lie like a faggot.
get off your phone and back to your job stacking shelves at walmart, larping faggot.

you don't, if you had any skills at all you wouldn't be here on Jow Forums wondering why you're such a fucking failure that can't manage to compile a browser.