So Jow Forums

I have an app idea, money to pour in but virtually zero coding skills. What's the best way to outsource the development without the idea getting stolen?

Attached: 152829631911_0.png (152x254, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

proto.io/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

give me the idea, I'll tell you if it's worth it

Anyone?

Hire someone, make them sign a NDA.

Tell us what it is. Ideas are essentially worthless.

NDAs are a meme for the literally who that I am
I have a draft, just give me the time to find the usb key

Idea guys like you never make it. Everyone has ideas. There's a difference between thinking it and making it, a difference between making it and marketing it, and even then you will need a really good lucky push to start getting somewhere.
I'd advise start working on your technical skills if you really want to follow through with this million dollar idea.

Split the app in to 4 or 5 different components. Define an interface between each component. Outsource each component separately

Ideas are totally worthless. If you have the expertise and/or the resources, just do it. If not, don't expect to gain something from just an idea.

>What's the best way to outsource the development without the idea getting stolen?
As other anons have pointed out, no one is going to want to steal your "amazing" idea, because (a) it's not amazing or (b) they have a dozen of their own amazing ideas that they would work on (if they had the time) before working on yours.

So, do part of it yourself. Go to proto.io/ and build a prototype (no coding required). This will help you think through some of the little details that you're probably overlooking now. Once you get most of the flow right, then you can hand it off to someone to develop. But, you may not make it that far. Sometimes, working out the details makes us realize that the idea actually wasn't that great.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 2.54.50 PM.png (479x423, 104K)

You're right, but your best interest as a developer (?) should be to convince me otherwise, to get hired and to collect easy money, no?
I thought about that, thanks anyway
It's one of those ideas easy to implement (not for me) but still extremely effective, so I want to give it a shot
You're right also, but you're replying to a question that nobody asked in the first place, why the effort? I don't need to be reassured on the validity of the idea but to figure out which is the best way to start developing it without getting justed. Pretend that I literally want to burn my money but not my idea.

>Ideas are totally worthless.
>give me the idea, I'll tell you if it's worth it
>Tell us what it is. Ideas are essentially worthless.

Attached: 365858.gif (360x364, 1.68M)

>you're replying to a question that nobody asked in the first place
>[what is the] best way to start developing it without getting juste?
I answered your question. I told you that no one (and I'm not tryna be a dick here, but seriously, no one) is going to want to steal your idea. Especially if it's just an idea. If you actually put the time into creating a prototype, then you can look for a developer and show them the prototype, and then they might (*might*) take you seriously and decide to help you build the app.
But, you sound pretty lazy since you didn't read into what I said in my first post to see that I was actually answering your question, so, good luck.

I know you're totally legit, it's that I'm totally paranoid. Better safe than sorry amirite?

So you have a "great idea for an app", and want to turn your idea into a real product? Here is what you will need:

Human resources:
- a designer or two
- an artist or two
- a team (3+) of professional programmers
- a backend guy

Expenses:
- the salaries of the above people for 2 years
- office rent for 2 years
- office furniture for ~10 people
- water/elect/net/phone bills for 2 years
- 10+ complete PCs
- software licenses for all the software on the above PCs

Time:
- 6 months (minimum) to 2 years (typical) are required for the team to go from my-cool-idea to a ready-for-the-masses product

Others:
- you will need a license to run a business (what type depends on country/state, and whether you are a sole proprietor/partnership/corporation)
- you may be required to hire more people for legal/finance/HR depts
- you probably need to register with the govt for taxes/auditing

During the first 6 months - 2 years while your product is being developed, you will make $0, but you will have to pay salaries/rent/bills. Once all that is done, you will have a product, and be ready to make your very first $1.00!

>All that for a dollar?
So you want to turn your great idea into a real product, AND you want to make a serious profit? That is fine, add the following:

- two to three people on marketing and advertising
- two to three people on customer support
- another 1 year to 2 years of marketing/advertising, plus product updates, bug fixes, and customer support
- an extra 2 years worth of salaries/financing

With a total of ~four years of product development AND marketing, you should be able to start generating revenue. Maybe. 80% of startups fail.

And that is the amount of time, $$$, and effort you need to invest. Now go, friend! Go and make your multi-million-dollar-app dream come true!

Nice pasta but it's not like that I want to be the next jewgle or some shiet, I want to realistically flip bucks and testing the water by doing so. Holy fuck guys, can you Jow Forumsents only put despair and frustration on the table or what? Must suck to be a coder

>Must suck to be a coder
And yet you make a thread where you need them.

>Better safe than sorry amirite?
No. Because that fear is keeping you from moving forward with the least amount of resistance. It is *hard as hell* to turn an idea into a reality, and you want to be in the mindset of removing barriers instead of erecting barriers. There are enough real barriers as it is...no need to add more that don't need to be there.

>Because that fear is keeping you from moving forward
You got me there, but still not spilling the beans. Unironically gonna lurk on reddit and sooner or later I'll find a way. You guys on the other hand are good only when it comes to sperg about muh windows/linux/android/ios/snowflakeOSflavour

This may be true for a certain kind of startup, but you really don't need all that if you're looking to throw something at the wall and see if it will stick. I've done tons of startups that were just 3 or 4 people and we got something up and running within a few months and pretty much just using our spare time.
Then, if any of them do stick, you know you've got a winner and then you move onto the next phase of the process (which starts to look like your post).

Right, but OP is clearly not trying to
>throw something at the wall and see if it will stick

No, OP is the
>you know you've got a winner and then you move onto the next phase of the process (which starts to look like your post).

Actually You even replied to that post, pretentious fuck
I also need a toilet to take a shit from time to time, so what?