Be me

>be me
>be bad at IT
>be really charismatic
>land a good paid internship at a decent medical company despite having an abhorrent resume
>will be starting monday and if everything goes well, will get promoted to part time
Daily reminder that confidence and networking (with people) will get you further in your career than autistic certifications

Attached: heh buddy.jpg (500x483, 33K)

was the interviewer a female?

you're good at making up shit on the fly and acting confident about it but what will you do when you can't actually work the job? lmao

>decent medical company
hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha you're in for a fucking treat

that's what I never understood about these "lol i dont know shit but I still got the job" stories
what the fuck do they do afterwards

>confidence and networking will get you further in your career

>IT internship with a fucking medical company
>good in any fashion

It was a group of three people, two males in the IT department and the HR rep which was a female(obviously)
The men were unironically more interested in me. I guess they saw "potential" in me or I was their only option.
I'm bad but not "that bad". I'm competent on the few things that I can do.
Besides, the whole point of an internship is to learn and "acquire experience", so I'm pretty sure they are going to let a lot of shit slide.
can you elaborate more?

I mean, they are paying me $9.75 an hour, that pretty good for me
t.live in the midwest,live with parents and single

my gf has worked in the medical industry for 6 years (mechatronics engineer) and has seen/experienced just about every facet of the major companies. its a complete shit show of poor management and worse employees, scraping by because of a few exceptional staff who end up quitting and moving every couple of years.

>they are paying me $9.75 an hour
>in the midwest
I made more than that working in grocery stores over the summer in high school in kansas. It's barely above minimum wage.
How can you possibly be proud of what you're doing?

>get you further in your career than autistic certifications
>$9.75 an hour,
>in the midwest
when you're working with getting xray machines set up on windows xp in hospitals with some really basic certs, you'll be making over $120k a year out of toledo, as long as you're willing to travel sometimes

get your certs, kid

I mean, not because I'm starting my career working for the medical industry doesn't mean that I will be stuck there for my whole life. I will take advantage of this internship to become better and move on from there to better and more fulfilling jobs.

Dude, it is an internship. When/If I get promoted, they will pay me at market rate.
Bill Gates didn't start being a billionaire, you gotta start low to get high.

I don't live in Ohio. And I'm aware that certs are necessary for your IT career, even though I find them to be autistic.

I'm working towards my CCNA right now.

What do IT guys even actually do? If I know how to use Linux, can I be an IT guy? I can script and sheeit

>being smug about getting an internship with the possibility of a part time promotion
pppfffffaahahhaha

There are a lot of areas in IT.
>Security (hottest career track at the moment)
>Networking
>Cloud
>Databases
>Sysadmin
>Tech Support
>DevOps
>Programming

can you give me a legitimate set of tasks an average IT guy might be expected to handle on given day?

It depends on what area of IT you are working on. But you might be solving issues, planning upgrades and maintaining whatever it is you are supposed to maintain.
I also forgot to mention web development, that is part of IT.

It's pretty much common sense and general computer knowledge. Most of your work is fixing people's computers when they "just stop working" (aka they did something stupid). Pretty much the same as fixing tech for your relatives. However there'll be instances when you need more in-depth knowledge like mentioned. In those cases you can just seek help from your senior, but if you're on your own (which is often the IT guy case) then shit can get real hairy real quick

My sister interned at a medical company and they paid her $26,000 for a 3 month term and hired her full time afterwards. Networking only works if you have a vagina. Otherwise get skills.

>26,000 for three months
>~8700 monthly
>~50 hour
What the fuck was she doing as an intern to earn that kind of money?

>suck at IT
>promoted to part time
Have fun being the sysadmin’s bitch replacing mice, keyboards, and monitors. You’ll never touch the admin side of an OS. Neck your pleeb self

Let me guess. You are as camp as a row of tents and the interviewer was just as gay as you

>shit talkers pretending to be agents.
>hurr durr how to lead
fill the position by taking responsibility for it, develop a plan, and commit action to it by following the process of delegation then learn to trust the right teams to do their jobs better than you could. support them, advocate for them, fight for their salaries. you build a team and you lead it. if you dont know something then learn it. just move faster and go right through it no hesitation no shame. People don't go out of business.

is this a bot?

bending over