Firefox blues

I'm running 50.0 and
the fucking thing keeps glitching to the add ons after about 2 days.
I am using the following fix.

1] Shut down Firefox
2] Open extensions.json in Notepad++ or something that has a replace words function to make your life easier. Search it in:
(AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles)
3] CTRL+F opens search, go to replace tab and then (include quotes):
Replace all instances of "appDisabled":true to "appDisabled":false
Replace all instances of "signedState":-1 to "signedState":2
Save, make it "read only" in file properties and start browser.
Go to Addon-Page. Don't be confused by addons asking to restart browser, just disable each addon manually and then enable it again. THEN restart browser.

yes, I am deleting all of the .tmp and .bakbullshit.

I don't want to upgrade and lose a couple of the add ons.

Attached: image-2.jpg (737x724, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

storage.googleapis.com/moz-fx-normandy-prod-addons/extensions/[email protected]
files.catbox.moe/h0vakr.crt
reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/bkspmk/addons_fix_for_5602_older/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Aside from the suggestions to install anything else of course.

>i'm running old version of software for no good reason
>shit breaks
incredible

actually I'm running an old version to maintain some stuff that will not survive an update.
and save your version disdain.
-You know that the fucking problem happened to all firefox users.

isnt ver 50 from early feb anyway?

Give in to the botnet..Install Chrome.

A useful suggestion but not for me thanks.

Firefox is free software that works with open web standards. You have the freedom to fix this.

What addons are holding you back on 50?
Maybe consider upgrading to 56, which I think is the last version with XUL support.

dont use ff 50 retard

install basilisk fuckface

Almost 20 versions behind. Might as well run windows XP with IE6

>or Debian stable.

What could possibly be so vital that you can't bear upgrading?

Make a script that makes these changes every time you start FF. Also make the file read only, and owned by someone higher than you so your account doesn't have permissions to change it (read: so firefox doesn't change it using your account without you knowing).

>50.0
What addons are holding you back? If you aren't going to use the latest Firefox or its newest LTS, at least use Waterfox. Waterfox is on 56, so you can keep using both the old addons and have support for some of the new webextensions. I still urge you to try the newest FF.

Well
I just upgraded and it still has the same problems.
it won't load adblock, blocksite and a score of other things.

Upgraded to the latest Firefox? Go to addons, click the cog and select 'debug add-ons' and install this as a temporary addon storage.googleapis.com/moz-fx-normandy-prod-addons/extensions/[email protected]

If he's on the latest one I don't think he needs the hotfix does he? Thought it was incorporated into a regular release at this point.

Dude, you should have googled "firefox disables extensions" or something like that. Haven't you heard? Since about two or three weeks, firefox has been disabling extensions it deems "unsafe". Which is pretty much everything. It seems it doesn't happen if you go into the privacy settings and enable "send data to firefox for studies" or whatsitcalled.

Install Mozilla's new intermediate certificate. Unless you do that it'll keep disabling your extensions every 24 hours when it revalidates them. Here is the new cert files.catbox.moe/h0vakr.crt click that link and click okay when it asks you to import it (you can leave the checkboxes unchecked), go to about:config and set app.update.lastUpdateTime.xpi-signature-verification to 0 then restart Firefox. Your extensions should automatically re-enable. If you're paranoid and don't trust the cert I linked then you can extract it yourself from the new build of Firefox or that shitty extension they distributed via Firefox Studies.

>isnt ver 50 from early feb anyway?
what? no. version 50 is from 2016.

can confirm. same cert i already have installed but don't link to shit on absolutely shit-tier file servers like this. you're not doing yourself any favours.

> he has this little respect for his own security
> just to run some out of date addons
> in a browser from 2016
you're all kinds of fucking stupid. there's no nice way to say it. pull your head out of your prolapsing asshole and upgrade your broken and out of date shit. fuck those addons. find replacements. find tools that don't need a browser.

>you're not doing yourself any favours.
No shit, I'm doing OP a favor, I'm not going to go out of my way to install it on your preferred file host, OP can either install the cert or not idgaf. I'm just posting the actual solution to the issue that happened with extensions because there's a bunch of retarded misinformation floating around (like the "guide" in the OP). Extensions get disabled because the intermediate cert expired. Mozilla generated a new cert with the same public key as the old one. When you install it your extensions work again after your revalidate them (which you can do by setting the last validation time to 0 in about:config and restarting Firefox).

>on your preferred file host
any file host that isn't fucking cancer and known to distribute fucking cancer is just fine, you CONDESCENDING CUNT. consider suicide as soon as fucking possible.

>any file host that isn't fucking cancer and known to distribute fucking cancer is just fine
That's literally all of them. Go fag out somewhere else where someone cares.

What's wrong with pomf clones?

I run old firefox because of legacy add-ons (DownThemAll, etc) and it's starting to have that fucking signing error again.

That was my problem.
Now I can't get stuff like "download them all" , flashgot , imagehost grabber and screengrab to re-install as they are not at the firefox website and when I try and instal the xpi's I get a "corrupt file" message.
At this point, I've updated and I've lost the ability to install these.
So...
my next question...
is how do you do that....?
I really want download them all as I haven't found anything nicer.

I used a script to get my tabs below my bookmarks at least.

And is there a way to activate my greasemonkey scripts that are sitting in the "gm_scripts" directory?

pale moon doesnt have this problem

I have Palemoon but I currently am using the comp with someone who prefers a brouser instance to themselves.
I've been using Firefox (where I can keep my slew of tabs open) and they use Palemoon.

- so any help getting the xpi's running would be grand.

use an esr branch (eg esr 52) that is old enough to support xul, but has the xpi.signatures.required flag that you can set to false in about:config

I honestly have no idea what that means.

Use esr 52 with old addons.

I say this after the butt-fuckery I just went through to update to the latest ver.
I have no idea if the hotfix will work if I go back to a lower version.

after updating can I go back to 52?
or should I try ESR 60?

follow the instructions here
reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/bkspmk/addons_fix_for_5602_older/

>reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/bkspmk/addons_fix_for_5602_older/

Thanks...Although I have upgraded to the latest ver...
My only problem now is the "corrupt .xpi files I can't load into Frefox.

Stop using old unsupported versions because of one fucking addon you idiots.

That's not what happened. Who's been spreading this bullshit? What happened is a really embarrassing oversight; the certificate Firefox used expired and thus all extensions got disabled. The telemetry thing was a way to patch a hotfix asap before shipping a new version with the fix.

I've been using ff56 until last week. After the addon disaster I switched to waterfox. No problems here anymore.