Office Chair General - /cog/ - why the fuck are these things so expensive edition

A good chair is the key to proper battle station. I don’t have one. What do you use? Do you have any recommendations for a good chair? Every ergonomic design I see online is $400+.
Although I’m not really on a budget I would really, genuinely, seriously, like to avoid paying that much if I can

Attached: 8F806221-1F3F-4C26-8B88-F1FB44575923.jpg (1000x1330, 73K)

Attached: herman-miller-embody-carbon-balance-1.jpg (3995x2663, 358K)

Hyken from Staples

Best budget chair out there. Not kidding.

Where can I try one of these in the US? I'm down to spend the money, but don't want buyer's remorse.

it is actually better to sit on pic related
sitting is bad for you. it will let you know much sooner when you need to move around

Attached: skogsta-stool__0365477_PE548265_S4.jpg (500x500, 21K)

>work in small startup
>recently moved from a coworking space with pretty good chairs to a own office with crappy $50 Chinese chairs

FUCK FUCK AAHHH I HATE THEM THEY'RE SO FUCKING SHITTY

They're so small, they aren't fucking made for a full size 6'2 American, they're made for women or small ass chinks. I hate them.

Also the new office doesn't have AC yet, they have some shitty cramped tables with not enough power outlets and the floor is kinda uneven and makes rolling around hard. Fuck, I loved this job and now I hate it.

user, I'm being completely serious here and the truth is you should either stick to cheap shit chink chairs or invest in an expensive one you know you're going to like and that will last. It's not only about ergonomics, but quality and durability. There's a reason why cheap chink shit chairs and most garbage at staples has 1 year warranty, while the $400+ chairs often have ~10 year or lifetime warranties. The ergonomics and features come extra.

Don't look at it like an office chair, look at it as legitimate "furniture" for your home.

>They're so small, they aren't fucking made for a full size 6'2 American, they're made for women or small ass chinks. I hate them.
They're literally just not made to last.

Not even my fucking recliner is that wide. Wtf?

Just had the displeasure of returning a $60 amazon basic chair that fuucked up my back.

Thinking about a floor desk now and now chair, and alternating between a standing desk. Chairs are so fucking difficult. How do I even know I'll like a used aeron.

>american
>400lbs starting
how do fattys even exercise their brain that much to make it into the chair costwise

i have the National Gotcha
it is underrated so way cheaper to get than the Hernea Memers

Attached: nof_Gotcha_N26CCC_FrontTQ_hi.jpg (2100x1500, 243K)

i can tell by the hydrolics and some of the pixels that it looks pretty good

>National Gotcha
Eh, closest place to buy is 60 miles away

get a nice chair from an office clearance store

there are tons of used herman millers out there, those things are built like a tank and spare parts are very easy to come by on ebay

Went and got the gay streamer chair off Amazon. Anyhow it was $10 off at the time. The old chair was causing problems with my legs and this did solve those issues. It takes some getting used to for the first 2 days but gets real nice to sit in fast. Sat back into my old chair and thought "This is just shit, why did I have this in the first place". Quite pleased with the purchase.

Attached: chair that honestly is comfy.png (1582x782, 485K)

The back isn't that soft and i could feel the plastic against my skelly spine.

Wasn't even that comfy compared to a steelcase leap so I had to return it.

If you spend $2k on a rig every other year, you really have no excuse
>pic related
>costs $2k
>lasts you forever
>has like 5yr no-limits warranty
>is built for literally 24/7 use
Why doesn't Jow Forums ever listen? I've had one for over a decade now.

Attached: robot-welded-bad-boy.jpg (1000x1000, 79K)

Forgot make/model
>Kab Seating Executive

Do they make any god tier chairs with wood?

I really hate how the only cheap ergonomic chairs are gaymen shit.

Those small pillows scream chink shit. They put them on cars as well. Why? Even my cheap ass Focus has super comfortable seats.

Attached: auto-auto-sitzbezug-kissen-set-pu-leder-mit.jpg (800x800, 84K)

Attached: xed-cha-925-_5-of-18__1.jpg.pagespeed.ic.uEnNI_iDGZ.jpg (640x669, 24K)

Is this one of those chairs therapists have?

And how do you feel about them sitting in this chair?

Attached: wonging it.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

Get a used leap. Hey have a 15 year warranty but essentially is lifetime.

Go try out chairs at a used office supply store. Used leaps are like $200-300 and miles better than anything posted here so far. Just glad nobody posted he literal meme chair (aeron)

Go to a secondhand office furniture store and try out the chair there

Pic related is what I got, autonomous osmochair. Mesh seat for summer swamp ass relief and its ridiculously adjustable

Attached: autonomous-osmo-1.png (720x405, 193K)

The guy at staples talked me in to this same gaymer chair. Jokes on him though because I get the chair and my money back with their retard warranty system. Glad to hear it's actually decent and not just a meme

Yeah, it does look silly as fuck. The thing is I will be ordering another for spare bedroom. Not just as a backup but for visiting friends. Just wish their black/grey was prime as well and on sale often.

Can you fucking stop, what the fuck is the problem with the Aeron?

Are there actually some ventilated office/executive chairs like you can get in a car?