Is it literally just impossible to get proper gamma on a TN monitor?

Is it literally just impossible to get proper gamma on a TN monitor?

Attached: tnmonitor.jpg (1280x720, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Kqw_BeFa-hk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

CRT does not have this problem

Attached: 2ns2ykg.jpg (1276x713, 260K)

i literally see no difference between these two displays. Am I missing something?

Look at how far the color gradients go to the right on the TN. Notice how on the IPS the middle of the gradient is closer to 50%.

A chromosome

thanks. I prefer the TN, desu. More color gradients mean I can see more

You're getting less color gradients. Also notice how the left of the colors is essentially the same shade up to maybe 20% of the gradient. You're losing shades, not gaining them.

what makes your definition of proper the correct one ?

see

maybe you shouldn't have too many shades

notice on the ips green bar, how the delinitations appear to be handled though frc

Both monitors are fucking garbage, or this was taken with an absolute shit camera, im betting shit camera, and the comparison from this stand point is invalid from the get go.

Ips - accurate colors, shit contrast, angles cause gama shift instead of color and cause more back light bleed to be seen
tn - inaccurate color, shit contrast, garbage angles and high or low angles have a contrast shift that will kill any contrast you have

va - a middle ground closer to ipa with color, best contrast you can get out side of disposable oled, enough contrast that the high/low contrast shift is a non issue and with FAR less color shift then tn, though its still there.

va is EASILY the best non professional color work monitor you can get. but if you are working with color and it matters, you are spending nearly 3000$ for entry level ips at that point.

It looks the same

no it just has shitty color, low resolution, consumes a ton of power, generates a massive amount of heat, takes a fuckton of space and literally irradiates you

You don't need 100% color accuracy to watch your chinese cartoons

>literally irradiates you
a year of exposure is equal to eating about 6 bananas

>shitty color
>low resolution
lmao

Nothing wrong with what he said, you are confusing color accuracy for color depth. CRT can have good color accuracy but it still looks shitty compared to basically any modern LCD monitor for 99,999999% of content you can think of.It has extremely limited luminosity that makes it extremely BAD for modern content as anyone who has ever owned a CRT knows. The contrast for CRT is good but only at a luminosity that it was designed for. Resolution wise it's not even close these days and again the CRT is limited to resolutions the tube can handle, which is not very much when we have 4K monitors these days.

You will never find any professional usage of CRT for color reproduction because they are simply awful compared to modern monitors, the colors are washed, the resolution is garbage. You will never find anyone who would watch a Blu-Ray on a CRT over a LCD either.

What they are good for is motion, and that's it. But contrarians will always talk about muh contrast and muh colors without even understand what they are talking about.

lol okay kid no one ever plays 4k on CRTs yep
let me guess your a zoomer

Attached: IMG_2167.jpg (3840x2880, 2.48M)

>But contrarians will always talk about muh contrast and muh colors without even understand what they are talking about.
What real funny is that the displays they worship are all trinitrons that at some point cost someone close to $1000 back in the day

>Is it literally just impossible to get proper gamma on a TN monitor?
Not impossible, you just need pic related.

Attached: EODIS3.jpg (1000x1000, 70K)

What is that supposed to mean? And your image?

It might be theoretically possible to design a 4K CRT, but that in your image sure as hell isn't 4K on a CRT even if you think it is. And even if it was possible, it would look completely garbage as the glass alone would destroy any color depth, and the bandwidth limitations of the tube would effectively make the refresh rate of the monitor so low the best you could do is stare at still images at it.

Nevermind $1000, a lot of the high-end monitors are several thousands and they do not come even close to even average monitors. I have two very high-end CRT monitors, and they are very nice if you enjoy retro gaming, but if you are buying them for colors or viewing media you have some kind of mental defect.

this fucking thing costs like 200$ and the sensor thing it uses wears out or smth over time.

I just pulled the trigger on pic related

How badly did I fuck up?

Attached: images (1).jpg (640x480, 22K)

this isnt true. 1600x1200 (92.59% of 1080p) was king for 30 years on crt, we had HD long before widescreen neckbeard millenial faggots appeared on the scene. CRTs went out to 2560x1600 (200% of 1080p), cert'd for a half dozen gamuts. afterall there was adobe software back then too. LCD still isn't as bright as CRT was 20 years ago. 2560x1600 is essentially a 2k screen from 1999. 4k niggers think their color bleeding backlight banded bullshit with stuck pixels somehow competes with a 4k crt used in robotic surgery or process plant control room

OLED does not have this problem.

Yes
but IPS glow is even worse.
fuck IPS glow
>muh VA
Fuck Black Crush
Fuck shit pixel layouts
and fuck VA Smearing.

>HD
>CRT

I have the pg248q, so ymmv, but at refresh rates above 60hz mine has some noticeable gradient bleed (darker at top, lighter at bottom)
Really nice otherwise

You didn't fuck up at all, only downsides are slight motion blur that's easily dealt with by turning on ulmb in the settings and maybe a bit of backlight bleed.

>black crush
are you that same retard?

>OLED does not have this problem.
But it has a color degradation and burn in problem, hence no OLED monitors.

>but IPS glow is even worse.
No, it isn't. Don't buy bottom of the barrel garbage and you'll be fine. From what I've gathered LG's monitors have very little glow.
TN is still magnitudes worse:
youtu.be/Kqw_BeFa-hk

Enjoy abusing your eye balls

Keep defending your shitty buy user.

Yes it is.

>Keep defending your shitty buy user
Im not doing anything
So are you that same retard in every thread?

>no u bro
I mean, at least show some demos or something.