Battlestation thread - Trackball edition

Battlestation thread - Trackball edition

Attached: L9sxF34.jpg (2304x1536, 262K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NCM3VEEUDo4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what's going on with the amber display

Arisu with my new esp-950s!

Attached: IMG_20190513_180802.png (1687x985, 1.78M)

Who in their sober mind would ever put together something like that? It's literally falling for memes while being a hipster - the image. Get some normal hardware fucking zoomers

I like it a lot but I'd like it better if the keyboard and mouse matched the color scheme of the numpad.

>The amber dumb terminal
Fuck this is gonna get comfy!
Cute

Replies from last thread:
Uwotm8?
Thank you user
My maneki cats are at my parents with other stuff boxed up at the moment.
Gonna have to arrange a lot of shite when I get back.

Attached: ibuynowtnew3rdyrsem2.jpg (1692x1332, 316K)

>
>Uwotm8?
I got pints in, that's for before I go out when I occasionally do.

it's not zoomers, it's millennials larping as le experienced tech boomers

>paying hundreds of dollars for a glorified membrane keyboard

Attached: D4nmXOSXoAMyBaW.jpg (326x294, 21K)

It's hooked up to a rPI. It runs riscOS in the pic, but i'm planning on using it to emulate a DEC PDP-10.
Part RSI, part vintage computing hobby seems to make the ultimate hipsterstation yeah.
Thanks, i've never really tought about the colorscheme thing
V comfy as usual, makes me miss my old nixie clock. It's hard to find one with good "software" installed
The zoomer boomer doomer memes are taking over the world it seems
I've tried everything from buckling springs to hall effect boards and I've gotta say that topres are a favorite. It's just sad that the HHKB layout is pure shit.

Throwbacc

Attached: ACTP0010.jpg (4608x3456, 2.97M)

Attached: workstation.jpg (1101x826, 221K)

Dormstation

Attached: 1556748364687.png (962x1278, 1.16M)

>dorm
>unfurnished
>that creepy frosted glass window
You sure you're not in a fuckin mental ward m8?

Attached: IMG_0658.jpg (2304x1728, 1.53M)

shitholecore

Attached: IMG_3347.jpg (2592x1936, 1.04M)

I like the new place user.

Sorry just read the "throwback"

yea, its old trash

Attached: 20190511_231711.jpg (4032x3024, 2.92M)

>Guys really live in apartments like this and don't see any issue.

Attached: eek.png (355x270, 165K)

still a fucking mess....need to get it staightned out..

Attached: funnn7.png (716x1416, 1.37M)

I bought fucking bitcoin when it was ~$45, i sold it a few days before it crashed to shit after I noticed 3 articles in a row about it in the Daily Mail, which to me was the equivalent of what Jow Kennedy Sr. would call "The shoeshine boy giving you stock tips." I sold all my bitcoin and made a lot of money. As you can imagine, people were not happy with me in general...

Attached: computer-stuff0).jpg (1632x1224, 621K)

More...all from investing in fucking bitcoin early on....all sorts of douchebags came out of the woodwork to curse me in and out of hell after I showed what I'd decided to spend some of my investment pay-off on....

Attached: all-to-get-flip.jpg (1632x1224, 617K)

That looks really fucking depressing.

fuucking nomad, at least the floor is clean

soi as fuck

You again, what the fuck did you end up buying? Is this an old pic?

Cool but....why is it all on the floor? Set it up.

Everything is in its right place. But somehow this is not so cool. Maybe the color of the room or something else.

>ESP-950

My dude.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (2016x2268, 966K)

In all my years here, I've never seen anyone say a word about your pink case.

How do you live with the wild cables. Pretty cool, still.

Nice amp.

>.why is it all on the floor? Set it up.
I set some of it up now...the fucking desk I waited 2.5 months on that would be big enough to go in the cornoer and hold everything (icluding the fucking flight sim I wanted) ended up being a LOT smaller than it fucking looked in the photos, had to order a new one, and in the meantime i bought a bunch of other shit.
Despite spending like a drunken n--r on a tuesday night, didn't even spend 1% of what I made on my investments...some people buy... cars, I buy computers and flight sims.
Also, if anyone knows of a good store that sells computer furniture, would love to look at it...

>soi
what the fuck does that even mean? buying the shit for a flight simulator is so0i now? I'm thinking of ordering the racecar thing where you actually sit inside the thing but THAT does seem queer to me.
I have, so far...a 38" LG, 33" LG, a 33" Asus, a 33" Alienware, and a 27 ASUS that I have hanging atop everything from an arm to watch the markets...

>1
I like the receiver, want one. Thus war, all I have is Bose speakers and then a group of...I think 5 or 7 speakers, but no receiver. In next new months want to get an OLED 75", then going to get a receiver.
Also, have a "Steam" attachment where I can play games from my coputer on the 4k 75" TV I have now

Attached: IMG_4098.jpg (4032x3024, 1.53M)

>that numpad
for what purpose

Attached: My_Battlestation_13.jpg (2000x1208, 710K)

user, how long have you left the motherboard out like that with no case? Do you plan on eventually putting it in a case? I have a case, actually 2 I'm not using but I'd prefer to just leave it open as you have it. Can you leave it that way long term or will dust build up???
Have so much crap not using, could get rid of it on ebay and get another 2080ti, a badass water cooling system, and a bunch of games I want (although it seems every game now wants in-game purchases of merch now)

That's my Athlon 5350, I have it out for overclocking testing. It's not out like that long but even then I don't have much dust build up in my apartment.
You can run a pc out of a case for as long as you want really, as long as you dust it sometimes if dust builds up.
There's a video on YouTube I can't remember the name of about leaving an HTPC build out for a year without a case, besides the obvious dust buildup there weren't any issues.

youtu.be/NCM3VEEUDo4
Nvm here it is
Paul's hardware htpc without a case for a year

I think 2005 wants it's tower case, back.

Is this some lame attempt at a flex?

i7-7700K 4.2GHz Stock
DDR4 2133MHz
RX 580 8GB Stock
450W Bronze

Attached: bs2019_768p.png (1024x768, 1.79M)

8GB DDR4 2133MHz

NEET here
how do i into battlelstayshun?

Attached: 1557401498071.jpg (1280x720, 180K)

books are gay

cant really see what you have in particular other than some blurry springer texts

Attached: aM5QbpV.jpg (4032x2268, 1.76M)

Is it smart to have your Vive's lenses facing towards the window like that?

anyone who doesn't have a herman miller isn't a computer enthusiasts.

Attached: 60296417_2365842193648635_6805630702785134592_n.jpg (2048x1152, 313K)

That's not what they meant by minimalism.

Alice is shit.

Attached: alice mustard.jpg (500x500, 144K)

Attached: 20190514_020908.jpg (3264x2448, 2.4M)

>herman miller
Why is everything Jow Forums recommends always 10x more expensive than the price I expect?

Because memes.

>emulate A PDP10
Very nice desu

You know there are covers you can buy for the lenses right??

oops that was for this person:

oh my god, is that an ent_player_start action figure? where did you even get that?

Attached: ttt_gunkanjima0011.jpg (1920x1200, 2.13M)

How do you like topre? I tried leopold topre keebs myself, but it just feels like a regular membrane. Did I miss something?
Sasuga apple user
Nice keeb. What are you playing?
And you... Are you lying on the floor while playing?

Attached: 115.jpg (7016x3936, 3.93M)

Yeah, piano while cross-legged.

Reimu is based.

Attached: reimu best.jpg (1697x1700, 470K)

fags
vagina miners

Also this.

Attached: 20190514_035858.jpg (1227x920, 188K)

I finally got those HDDs I've been saving my welfare checks for. Now onto saving for a new processor.

Attached: setup2019.png (1756x596, 1.42M)

user...

Attached: sakuya concerned.jpg (793x558, 105K)

Look so comfy, but chinese cartoon ruin it

people giving you shit but you are independent and living life. happy for you user.

Russia? Looks like commieblocks.

you see a picture of a room and you think commieblocks? literally any apartment/house with more than one room, will look like that.

I was looking at the apartments outside. They look dilapidated.

Yes and no
I live in Moscow, but, luckily, not in the commieblocks. This house was built in 1956, before all this Khrushchyovka thing, it's way more nice and solid.

>They look dilapidated
They aren't. They are in a very good condition and could probably last for another 60 years

what kills me about these people is not the mess itself, but the bugs and smells from the food. imagine sharing a twin house with this.

Thanks user, I had forgotten I had planned to clean my room today, thanks for reminding me.

Attached: bst.jpg (4032x2268, 2.17M)

>I've tried everything from buckling springs to hall effect boards and I've gotta say that topres are a favorite. It's just sad that the HHKB layout is pure shit.
At least there are alternatives now
On the low end, there are the Niz Plum variants with good layouts
On the high end, the FC660C kicks the shit out of everything

Cozy but get that mattress off the floor you spacker

preparing his drugs on a case sidepanel, stay classy lol

There is so much going on in this pic.

Stalinka? The ones stalin had built

>2 liter grav bong

Attached: mqdefault.jpg (320x180, 6K)

not him but
tophattwaffle on twitter makes them and sells them along with the red ERROR

that use of 'independent' is very out of place

I can always tell a fan of z reviews

It's neither Khrushchyovka nor Stalinka, it's something in-between. Not as fancy, but still well-built

Where the fuck do you guys get your source of income wtf
fuck this neet life

Attached: 1509388345452.jpg (592x627, 66K)

toil 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, plus overtime
it's literally that easy

absolutely disgusting. sort your shit out mate

based

Im a neet but I live in the best country in the world mate
So i get paid to be a useless cunt now who goes to uni and pops dexies like its nobody's business, im basically signing away my future to the government because I signed loans and student support, welfare for students etc. etc. plus support from parents.
Basically im paying with my future

>fags
Reported you to my mom!

>chinese cartoon ruin it
Then you're gonna love how it looks now.

Lucky faggot what country

do you even know the definition of neet you idiot

Attached: wsbst.jpg (2752x2064, 1.54M)

>Puts gpu directly on carpet

straya
*net
:^)

I have that controller.
I hate it.
It is so bad. The buttons are annoyingly placed and never press correctly.

I had a mate that had a bigger gravity bong. I had another that did bongs with DMT.

>So i get paid to be a useless cunt now who goes to uni and pops dexies like its nobody's business, im basically signing away my future to the government because I signed loans and student support, welfare for students etc. etc. plus support from parents.
>Basically im paying with my future
You'll hate yourself several years from now.
Student debt is a bigger liability than people think. It comes out as tax when you earn enough and it collects a large amount of interest.