Can someone recommend a good air purifier for a modest two bedroom apartment

can someone recommend a good air purifier for a modest two bedroom apartment

Attached: air_purifier.jpg (1250x1250, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K9bIWINK8hI
thingiverse.com/thing:3521586
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

your farts

literally anything made by winix

Coway

how noisy are these?

I have a philips ac1215/10 for my apartament I just move it from one side to another of the same door connecting my bedroom to the living room

The rooms are quite small 20 and 25 square meters each but it does a great job of keeping the air clean of the pollen

thanks everyone

By opening the windows

Attached: clover-cottage-2144-786x629.jpg (786x629, 106K)

just buy some nice furnace filters and a box fan

This, its 90% as effective as an expensive hepa unit but costs only 25 + cheap ass filters every month or two you are allergic.

Not pulling numbers out my ass either, it literwlly is 90% as effective

Bro just fill a bucket up with bleach and ammonia and run a fan on top of it for homemade dehumidifier

Just buy the cheap Xiaomi hepa canister filters and a cheap converter/fan to put on top.

If you have a 3d printer you can even print your own converter.

Attached: 21821051163178_592[1].jpg (800x800, 69K)

kys fag

Box fans have low pressure. These filter fans use large squirrel cage blowers which have much higher pressure which can draw in heavier particulates, which is why they're commonly used in filtration units like spray booth ventilation tents/garages. They're typically more expensive than box fans, like $50-60 for a decent sized one

You can buy a blower fan instead of a box fan if you want but it's probably not necessary unless you've got some Bubble Boy tier health issues going on. There's a dude with high-grade autism and an air quality meter on YouTube that tested the box fan method and it works about as well as high-end HEPA shit. The super expensive filters are likely better but you've got diminishing returns for something that costs a whole lot more.
youtube.com/watch?v=K9bIWINK8hI

>If you have a 3d printer you can even print your own converter.
Is there a model you recommend on Thingiverse?

The ~$100 ones are about as good as the expensive ones filter wise, they're just smaller and less powerful. Where they really get you is on the replacements.

Top tier bantz, bro. Keep up the good work.

If you're concerned about the power you can always rig the box fan up like this. Because of the increased surface area it doesn't take as much force to pull the air through.

Attached: 3TVLbmo.jpg (2000x1500, 245K)

Just buy 5 old thinkpads and run some intensive programs on them. your thinkpads will smell like old laptops in no time!

What if you have hayfever?

lmao now I feel like a chump for actually buying a xiaomi purifier

Attached: 2015121601343301somh9dq.jpg (680x680, 154K)

My only concern is that the premade ones are aesthetic and fit in a home while a box fan makes you look like a russian hobo squatting in some dead WWII vet's home with his corpse hanging out in the den on the single seat

Xiaomi purifier has the wifi, sensors and schedule/settings, which is basically what you're paying for.

thingiverse.com/thing:3521586

cut out some HEPA filter, attach it to a computer fan, attach that to an arduino

>while a box fan makes you look like a russian hobo
Yes. Is no problem comrade.

No

>wipes tears
>those were the days user
>diy crystal kit at home

you can kys

Get an ozone generator

I have one of the smaller GermGuardians that does a decent job. I definitely notice less dust collection in my room than normal.

Ozone generators aren't air purifiers. They'll obliterate any organic matter in the air but that would also include your lungs so you can only run them as often as you have time to let the room shock then let the ozone dissipate. Even after that you'll want a conventional air purifier to filter out all the fucked up shit that is produced when ozone binds with anything it can find floating in your air.

Just get some plants

>120mm PC case fan
I don't think that's strong enough to pull air through the hepa filter.

seems like a decent purifier for the price but
>power button is the only button
>wifi controled through the internet

Air change every hour has the same effect as having 10 houseplants in every square foot. Look it up, plants are slow.

>I need air purifier because of air pollution
>lol just open window lmao