Israeli spyware

>Financial Times: WhatsApp voice calls used to inject Israeli spyware on phones.
ft.com/content/4da1117e-756c-11e9-be7d-6d846537acab

Attached: PartialScreenshot_20190514-041029.png (1440x1142, 656K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/kDz13
blog.own.sh/introduction-to-network-protocol-fuzzing-buffer-overflow-exploitation/
forum.f-droid.org/t/signal-in-f-droid-in-2018/2847
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

article is paywalled, champ. but i got around it

>WhatsApp, which is used by 1.5bn people worldwide, discovered in early May that attackers were able to install surveillance software on to both iPhones and Android phones by ringing up targets using the app’s phone call function.
>The malicious code, developed by the secretive Israeli company NSO Group, could be transmitted even if users did not answer their phones, and the calls often disappeared from call logs, said the spyware dealer, who was recently briefed on the WhatsApp hack.
>WhatsApp is too early into its own investigations of the vulnerability to estimate how many phones were targeted using this method, a person familiar with the issue said.
>As late as Sunday, as WhatsApp engineers raced to close the loophole, a UK-based human rights lawyer’s phone was targeted using the same method.
>Researchers at the University of Toronto’s Citizen Lab said they believed that the spyware attack on Sunday was linked to the same vulnerability that WhatsApp was trying to patch.

>NSO’s flagship product is Pegasus, a program that can turn on a phone’s microphone and camera, trawl through emails and messages and collect location data.
>NSO advertises its products to Middle Eastern and Western intelligence agencies, and says Pegasus is intended for governments to fight terrorism and crime. NSO was recently valued at $1bn in a leveraged buyout that involved the UK private equity fund Novalpina Capital
>In the past, human rights campaigners in the Middle East have received text messages over WhatsApp that contained links that would download Pegasus to their phones.
>WhatsApp said that teams of engineers had worked around the clock in San Francisco and London to close the vulnerability. It began rolling out a fix to its servers on Friday last week, WhatsApp said, and issued a patch for customers on Monday.

OY VEY. only the sheer incompetence of facebook makes it possible.

Sure, """incompetence"""

Weren't NSO the ones who found the iOS Trident exploits?

hah yeah, i was just thinking about that. nothing surprises me any more. i was thinking maybe it was a deliberately programmed and hidden function only accessible to certain governments but israelis decided to make use of it too?

yep

Or perhaps mark hired some fellow hebrews who used the opportunity.

facebook is such a shitty and morally bankrupt corporation that your suggestion isn't out of the realm of possibilities.

imagine being a cuckineer at whatsapp that have to work around the clock through the weekend so that whatsapp can look good to the media.

Fuck this shit

Imagine actually being surprised by this

Attached: 1545337012238.png (343x400, 67K)

>imagine being a cuckineer at whatsapp
i'd rather be known as unrepentant pedophile than a facebook employee.
>to work around the clock through the weekend so that whatsapp can look good to the media
it's amazing the amount of people in the media that use this shitty app. I hope they all get infected with jew malware, just because they're all worthless cunts.

>i'd rather be known as unrepentant pedophile than a facebook employee.
Freudian slip

Attached: 1539682136014.jpg (971x576, 102K)

Attached: 1548211285629.jpg (1000x700, 382K)

>Freudian slip
>yikes
>brainlet
>now that the dust has settled
back you go to reddit.

user wants to know how U got around it

You can read FT and other shit for free with the Bypass Paywalls extension for your browser of choice.

>B-B-BUT CHINA!!!

Why are republicans so fucking retarded? I mean they vote a man devoid of human decency into the White House then denying he’s working with Israel even after declaring jewruslem as it’s capitol.

This is just an Israeli company, not Mossad.

why does it matter lel, same people, same old ways

If that's your opinion, then you should at least realize that China is like Israel on tren.

>you should at least realize that China is like Israel
you are absolutely correct, fuck Israel, fuck China

>not a single post about inner workings of spyware or trying to get a copy
>instead it's just Jow Forumstards being dumbfucks as usual
This is what happens when you mention DA JOOS in the OP. This board is truly lost.

Attached: 1545387948900.png (393x406, 186K)

>anime pic
>retard
huh

It's proprietary malware used by a government backed APT for targeted attacks. Where the fuck do you expect anyone here to get a copy from?

Anime website.
Retard website.

Attached: 5dcae5f37d56a61444bccac16b79b44a.gif (200x200, 274K)

fuck, one day i was sleeping and heard the phone ring, woke up saw a voice/video call can't remember and wanted to answer, only to realise there was nothing to answer.
i thought it was me imagining things since nothing appeared in the call log.
ever since the internet has been iffy on my phone. time to dumbphone.

Jow Forums IS RIGHTFUL FROG CLAY

Attached: 201-2015402_post-rare-pepe.png.jpg (820x837, 176K)

Surely it didn't operate out of thin air. There should be infected phones still.

What the fuck? Please tell me this isn't the CRITICAL SECURITY UPDATE that I must IMMEDIATELY install.

Attached: 1539179034702.png (1242x513, 87K)

it's ok when jew does it

I'm glad developers are focusing on the important things instead of writing changelogs. I definitely don't need to know what's being installed on my device.

Attached: 1556354308845.png (1242x2149, 225K)

you sure told me, disgusting pedo

These republicans serve israel and not the American public

Whatever phones were actually infected with this are probably in the possession of either Facebook, Inc., a three-letter agency or a security research company.
I'm more interested in cve-2019-3568. We probably won't get any details though, and I doubt anyone will waste time looking into it independently.

>Dumb frog posters being this wrong
Absolutely disgusting, enjoy your inevitable ban for being wrong and dumb

Attached: 1557696265351.png (1028x880, 319K)

I don't even own a smartphone, serves zoomers right

archive.fo/kDz13

Attached: Secure_Messaging_Apps_Comparison___Privacy_Matters.jpg (2124x2160, 620K)

So... how in the fuck does this function. I'm very curious to know what flaw whatsapp had that allowed it to write to the system? Isn't this an OS flaw?

Attached: 1540819272966.png (1280x720, 660K)

Probably just uses wide range of permissions you have given to Whatsapp

lol told you eurotards. SMS is still king

oh vey delet this, surely you have nothing to hide goy

Attached: tutyhbvcdyhn.png (499x641, 380K)

this was apparently used by saudi intelligence to track the whereabouts of kashoggi and other critical journalists.
police in norway detained one of his former colleagues to warn him that the CIA had tipped them off that the sauds were going after him next.
clown world.

everyone is required to serve in the israeli military.
this is not the case in china.

>government has all your messages already, no hacking required
I guess you have a point.

whatsapp uses the same underlying encryption technology as signal.
im very interested if signal was also compromised (people have been warning for years about its dependence on google play services and the scope of its permissions)

>If this was Russia, China or Iran, we'd almost go to war over it
>But Israel is above us so it doesn't matter

Attached: 1554375640630.png (749x4562, 981K)

sounds like hidden option more than flaw

of course
>Jew CEO builds in backdoor for Jew company and government

If you don't know what a term means, don't use it.

greatest ally

Attached: 1394677007584.jpg (800x450, 48K)

don't worry goy, you WILL go to war with Iran on the behalf of your supereme overlords

AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: la-1554756334-o2prd6jncw-snap-image.jpg (1200x800, 84K)

Any retard that picks up a phone call from numbers he doesn't know deserves it

You don't have to pick it up. That's the joke.

This.
Whomever they've targeted for leaking to the court of public opinion is in for a massive payday.
Buffer overflows are literally the oldest trick in the book. Can be automatically fuzzed and detected so the vulnerability is Facebook and Google and Apples fault

>jews are above international law

Attached: 1530431503505.jpg (839x847, 174K)

blog.own.sh/introduction-to-network-protocol-fuzzing-buffer-overflow-exploitation/

Attached: 3-700x470.jpg (700x470, 32K)

>CVE-2019-3568
>Description: A buffer overflow vulnerability in WhatsApp VOIP stack allowed remote code execution via specially crafted series of SRTCP packets sent to a target phone number.
>Affected Versions: The issue affects WhatsApp for Android prior to v2.19.134, WhatsApp Business for Android prior to v2.19.44, WhatsApp for iOS prior to v2.19.51, WhatsApp Business for iOS prior to v2.19.51, WhatsApp for Windows Phone prior to v2.18.348, and WhatsApp for Tizen prior to v2.18.15.

WhatsApp uses RTP and RTCP, specifically their encrypted versions (hence "SRTCP"), to send call audio and signalling data.
This has nothing to do with their message encryption system, which is not used at all during calls.

>deleted
sasuga janny-kun
and singal uses google play services to *send* messages, not the -encryption-
same diff
if someone is exfiltrating the messages before or after they are sent, the encryption doesnt come into play either, but it is still compromised.

Oh no, my bad, I thought I was talking to someone who isn't completely retarded.

Attached: solar.jpg (1627x777, 290K)

Yeah I would be so upset working at Facebook, taking home $200k+.
I suppose I would just have to cry into my fistfuls of money.

>but surveillance device
>install malware
>malware gets hacked to become spyware
>whine that the wrong people are spying on you now
The state of normalfags.

Attached: 1557501018835.png (578x914, 290K)

What are you posting this from, again?

A PC.

Hi JIDF

So Threema is the clear winner here.

Good to know.

Don't attribute malice to what you can incompetence.

It costs money to use. Convince your retarded normie friends to pay for anything online.

You mean something even easier to hack than my surveillance device? I hope you've at least never run any malware on it, like Windows, Firefox or the JavaScript on boards.4channel.org.

>So what's the big deal some Israelis have my info, it's not like they will use it for something
They will say

Remind them of what happened to the Israelis the last time someone else had their info.
Since I'm assuming your friends would rather die than stop sucking Facebook's dick, your next move is to stop having friends.

At least it doesn't have a microphone, camera or GPS built in unlike your iBad.

it's time to put an end to all this shit

Attached: 1478614780016.jpg (316x202, 15K)

So threema is the best option but it costs money so you will never be able to convince anyone cause hurr durr nothing to hide or some shit. What a fantastic timeline.

Jews have no power when you don't care.

>the fallout when someone else doubles down on your botnet

top kek

Attached: 1556736249281.jpg (960x960, 92K)

Incompetence = Malice and should be dealt with as such.

the Israeli nso site is located in the same building as Apple in Herzliya. just different floors

you don't paid a lot in high profile companies, they have the advantage of hiring people who really want to work there so they can always replace you

This. I am sick and tired of the whole hurr durr don't attribute malice to incompetence. The damage is done either way and there is such a thing as recklessness. Being stupid or not knowing any better is not a fucking excuse.
Try that with your boss and see how quick you'll be fired.

It's spyware developed by a private Israeli company whose customers are likely western countries and their allies.
Who are you going to attack? Saudi Arabia? The NSA?

Last time I check not knowing any better doesn't defend you against the law unless your surname is Clinton.

If this happened in Russia it would be called for investigations and another round of sanctions. They would probably call them hackers with kreml ties as well

Fuck the jews theyre all evil

Should I download Signal from the play store, or another source?

antisemitists are inferior people looking for something external to blame.

>antisemitists
brainlet detected

>being a moralfag on anonymous imageboards
you really need to go back to r*ddit. this isn't the place for your kind.

>doesn't even read the post he's replying to
based retard

China freer than Israel? MUH ME DEMOCRACY
What timeline is this?

That's just one of those conspiracy theories, goy. I wouldn't believe it. Those people are just lying about Israel because they hate us for no reason. Pay them no mind .

Also keep buying your Smartphones, goy. The newest ones have quite the innovative sensors and good always on microphones... heh heh heh...

Attached: 1551906882580.gif (452x523, 4K)

Wow, that makes the saudis seem very trustworthy. I think we should export many weapons there.

Signal Devs are fucking retarded. Sad!

forum.f-droid.org/t/signal-in-f-droid-in-2018/2847