Okay lets be real...

Okay lets be real. Some of us need to use M$ Windows for real life to make money in a job and by extension install at home to work from home occasionally. Obviously keylogging/voicelogging etc. are happening but what are the odds it's being stored and profiled and then professionally analyzed like the cambridge analytica scandal.? I just want to know I can share my opinions on the internet in peace and not get profiled and locked out of society in 10 years when everything's like China's social credit system.

Attached: 5140.tele-1.png (550x294, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4468250/speech-inking-typing-and-privacy-microsoft-privacy
sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/390388-kb-updates-override-previous-privacy-settings-sharing-telemetry.html
microsoft.com/en-us/Useterms/Retail/Windows/10/UseTerms_Retail_Windows_10_English.htm
privacy.microsoft.com/en-US/privacystatement
microsoft.com/en-us/servicesagreement/
independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/windows-10-microsofts-new-user-agreement-allows-them-to-disable-pirated-games-on-your-pc-10459384.html
networkworld.com/article/2956574/windows-10-privacy-spyware-settings-user-agreement.html
law.stackexchange.com/questions/1835/windows-10-eula-privacy-rights
github.com/Microsoft/calculator/issues/148
github.com/Microsoft/calculator/blob/057401f5f2b4bb1ea143da02c773ac18d1bb9a2e/src/CalcViewModel/Common/TraceLogger.cpp#L644-L655
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Except it's proven fact that none of that's happening.

Please cite this proven fact

nobody "need(s)" anything we "want" things

some just value wanting privacy more, then convenience.

>Obviously keylogging/voicelogging etc. are happening
Got any proof of that?

>functionality is convenience

onus probandi incumbit ei qui dicit, non ei qui negat

the "need" is relative to being employed which many people value highly. This was a given to not lose focus on the topic.

When you installed Windows you might've noticed they tell you explicitly you're agreeing to data submission and there's only "extreme" or "basic" (whatever marketing speak they use). So that's the proof and anything beyond that agreement you place in good faith with M$

Also the wording should tip you off "character inking", "voice recognition", coupled with current events I believe people that don't see these things happening are extremely naive.

i have no doubt that's exactly what is going on. here we are, 2019, people still have no fucking idea how to use windows or know how to disable 'telemetry', so microsoft would be collecting vast amounts of valuable user data.

but you don't "need" to work that job
if you don't have functional tools find alternatives, adapt to change

Attached: large.jpg (500x667, 158K)

> so that's the proof
that's not proof, you dumb fuck.

100%
If you're visiting 4channel on Windows, you are aleady profiled

The sad truth is people who don't work in technology are being bent over and abused as a product for these tech companies. Even people in tech in a different field are so far out of the know... there's that surface level understanding of what's going on and I could imagine even Microsoft engineers are strategically segmented to only have enough information to do their own job that hiding the big picture from them is even possible.

Open up the packets and show where your logged keystrokes are. It's been going on for 5 years now so surely you have at least one source.

>tfw got a job as backend programmer for a large mining company
>they use NOTHING BUT MICROSOFT and MAYBE Red Hat if there's no other way

The good thing is that they use Thinkpads and I basically got to choose any Thinkpad from the last 10 years as my personal machine. Got a brand new X1 Carbon, with TB3 Dock and a dual monitor setup.

Attached: GoUlODs.jpg (977x1125, 87K)

>but you don't "need" to work that job
Seriously just leave. I already told you it was an assumption to not distract the point. Go make your own thread and pontificate on not needing to work and how free you are.

If you had anything to counter my argument you'd have said it

>if you don't have functional tools find alternatives
Okay. I choose Windows. An available option that supports basic things like multiple displays and stutter free audio.

That’s literally for things like calendar synchronization you dumb twat.

>but you don't "need" to work that job
Ah yes the conservashit illusion of choice.

>If you had anything to counter my argument you'd have said it
LINKS TO PROOF OR FUCKING KILL YOURSELF, YOU STUPID CUNT.

>we use horrible software and program horrible software but at least I got my memepad xdDDDD
Unless you're a dotnet factory building MS specific integrated software you should have absolutely no reason to be using windows for development.

Literally search "Microsoft Keylogging" in any search engine and there's dumbed down tutorials on and pictures that it was happening without consent to the point they were forced to release a tool to view outgoing data submission.

Well actually I work in gamedev and Windows is the only option for my current job

>I could imagine even Microsoft engineers are strategically segmented to only have enough information to do their own job that hiding the big picture from them is even possible
oh that would not surprise me at all. gets far worse down the chain, especially customer/user support level. they know less about their own products than their average consumers. that i find troubling.

>Okay lets be real.
>Obviously keylogging/voicelogging etc. are happening
>share my opinions on the internet in peace

you realize that even if M$ doesn't have nefarious plans for your data. just the fact that they collect it all makes certain groups want access to that data.

>i work in gamedev
Your shitty patreon isn't "working in gamedev"

>just the fact that they collect it all makes certain groups want access to that data.
it's great news or NSA and other spy agenices, even police.

Yes I do realize this. And I also know it's being sold.

I'm not trying to flex this is my reality and it also isn't the point of the thread. Specifically I use Unreal Engine 4 as a C++ developer building the underlying system for an industrial machine operation simulator. It's easier to just say "gamedev" because of the overlap in skillset.

>no source
nice proof

I imagine you actually thought you sounded smart here.

Yes I did assume you could open a new tab and use a search engine please forgive my ignorance.

The burden of proof is actually on both of you because you've both made claims. If you'd ONLY negated what was said, you wouldn't have inherited the burden of proof, but you went out of your way to claim said negation was a proven fact. Now the burden of proof is on both of you -- on OP to prove M$ does engage in these practices, and also on you, to prove that the claim that they don't has indeed already been proven. You don't have to prove that they don't, only that it's already been proven that they don't, because that's what you claimed.

Because every Google result is 100% accurate and not just the most popular ad ridden shithole of a site

use windows for work on a work computer and absolutely do not use windows at your home. if the only thing you do at home is browse the web and play some stupid fucking games then why even take the risk of being spied on, mint or manjaro or any basic linux distro browses the web and with lutris installs any game out of the box. it's not that fucking hard

This has nothing to do with the validity of search results.... read what they have to say and look at how what you type is being used. This is painful. support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4468250/speech-inking-typing-and-privacy-microsoft-privacy
Open this link and read section "Inking & typing personalization" now see device synchronization and OneDrive. Do you see the implications? What you type is being stored and you just read it directly from Microsoft.

>lutris installs any game out of the box
At half the performance with screen tearing like you’re back in 1995.

There’s also no guarantee that major Linux distros don’t collect data. Have you personally audited all of the source code?

I troubleshoot obscure problems all day at work. The last thing I want to do when I get home id figure out why X is crashing again.

Read what I said

I know you're being ironic but this is actually mostly true. I don't condone Google as a whole, especially not the creepy and disrespectful way they gather and handle users' personal data, but I have to admit, their search service is top notch these days. You don't get an entire generation of tech-illiterate morons to agree to be treated in such a nasty way unless what you have to offer them in return is some damn good shit.

>turned off with one checkbox
wow so hard
next you're going to claim the switch does nothing and have no proof again

>If you sync your Windows device settings
>If you sync
>If
Your reading comprehension sucks.

So you take what they say word for word like they want you to. Deception works by fuzzy implications. It's more like: We enable OneDrive in the background on your PC by default and there's outlook on your phone so technically you consent to device synchronization. Now we can track. But if you want to stay naive go ahead. Some people are really gullible I guess.

Windows 10 Enterprise installed, OneDrive is not running because I don’t use it and I don’t sync settings.

How would it know the credentials of my OneDrive account to authenticate and upload data silently if I don’t provide them?

>the mental gymnastics of a fear mongering pedophile freetard

You're just missing the point. You could flesh out every semantic about this or that but their whole ecosystem is designed off abusing user data to make money on ads and so forth. With all these settings, marketing speak, general statements they want you to believe they're doing nothing nefarious but do you think they'll just magically stop? The data collection crises is a thing and has been for the past 10 years at least.

i honestly don't understand what is it exactly that you do to crash linux, but for each their own i guess. at home i basically just use my computer for browsing the web and linux does that for me just fine. also for this:

>There’s also no guarantee that major Linux distros don’t collect data. Have you personally audited all of the source code?

ubuntu atleast sends your data to amazon so that much is known

It’s completely opt in though. Just like your precious Linux distros have opt in mechanisms to collect information to help the developers.

I’ve never seen ads within Windows. I don’t know what the fuck your talking about. Have you ever even used Windows 10 or are you just parroting the bullshit people post here?

All it takes is one bad update then I hope you like reinstalling.

like windows 10?

Imagine that. Paid devs produce working software. Who would have thought?

It's opt in by default how are you okay with this. I just don't understand how the aggressively invasive nature of Windows doesn't make you as skeptical as I am. Maybe I'm a freetard freak but I believe my concern is genuine and the possible implications of data being used against me in the future warrants it. To each their own I need to leave but thanks for chatting

Only retards run preview builds in production or on computers they care about.

sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/390388-kb-updates-override-previous-privacy-settings-sharing-telemetry.html

Opt-in means it’s disabled by default.

Read: you're automatically opt-ed in

Wow a random dude on the shittiest Windows forum from almost 3 years ago. That’s totally verifiable and true.

only retards fuck up linux. look i get it, you like windows and thats fine, why is it not fine for other people to like linux? i use linux at home and i still own microsoft stocks because they are involved in military tech/projects and that is a field which will never end, so it's safe investment

Explain to me how settings sync automatically authenticates to your Microsoft account and uploads data without you providing credentials.

I’m not the one who started a thread with blatant lies about an OS they don’t like.

I'm not explaining shit to you

Wrong.
You're given a settings screen any time you make a new user on windows with the privacy toggles shown. You literally cannot proceed unless you click confirm, whether you set them all to on or off.

Then admit what your saying is bullshit. Thank you.

i sure as hell didn't start this thread either. all in all os wars is fucking stupid and does not lead anywhere

Okay go and feel unviolated using Windows that's great enjoy your life

microsoft.com/en-us/Useterms/Retail/Windows/10/UseTerms_Retail_Windows_10_English.htm

privacy.microsoft.com/en-US/privacystatement

microsoft.com/en-us/servicesagreement/

I started this thread and wasted an hour of my life I'll never get back. I was really expecting a better discussion on tracking but all I found were people denying it even happened in the first place. So either I'm the one in denial and it's not happening or Jow Forums got taken over by /v/ normies/zoomers born into it

independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/windows-10-microsofts-new-user-agreement-allows-them-to-disable-pirated-games-on-your-pc-10459384.html

if you know that windows spies on you then don't use it. let other people do whatever they want, you don't have to change the world. bringing up news is enough

networkworld.com/article/2956574/windows-10-privacy-spyware-settings-user-agreement.html

law.stackexchange.com/questions/1835/windows-10-eula-privacy-rights

or maybe you google it and post the ones you're referring to

you are making the claim, you present the evidence fag

People who shill linux so hard on here are all arrogant nerds who don't actually have much going for them other than touting their stupid usage philosophies on this board. Don't worry about it, OP.

Libre software is communism according do many, and the brainwashing today forbids them from touching it. At the same time, they trust software that no one can audit with fallacious claims like 'you don't audit your shit either' and 'they're a huge company, they can't afford fuckups'. After so many leaks that have occurred to other companies, after Microsoft releasing the source for their telemetry-ridden calculator, people still think you can protect yourself with a couple of clicks.

A good rule of thumb would be not mixing work and leisure. If you can, get a computer for work and use it only for work. Highly unlikely, but if you can, keep it permanently offline.

this is stuff in service agreement and yes M$ considers windows as a "service" now

>To the extent necessary to provide the Services to you and others, to protect you and the Services, and to improve Microsoft products and services, you grant to Microsoft a worldwide and royalty-free intellectual property.
meaning they own anything you create using their tools

>If you violate these Terms, we may stop providing Services to you or we may close your Microsoft account. We may also block delivery of a communication (like email, file sharing or instant message) to or from the Services in an effort to enforce these Terms or we may remove or refuse to publish Your Content for any reason.
sorry you don't actually own your computer either

and that was just in the first bit of the service agreement

>"need" to work that job
Yes he does. No job = no money = no house = no family. Get out of your parent's basement.

but you dont need money / house / family.

fucking idiot

>I just want to know I can share my opinions on the internet in peace and not get profiled and locked out of society in 10 years when everything's like China's social credit system.
Possibly but operating is irrelevant to this. You imply government scoring.

Corporatocracy takes over as a major system of world government in 2027.

I can smell you msoft shills from here

they didn't even bother removing telemetry from their open sauce calculator. a fucking calculator. github.com/Microsoft/calculator/issues/148

github.com/Microsoft/calculator/blob/057401f5f2b4bb1ea143da02c773ac18d1bb9a2e/src/CalcViewModel/Common/TraceLogger.cpp#L644-L655