/spg/ - Smartphone General

OnePlus 7 & 7 Pro Launch Edition

Watch live at 4pm BST (8am PDT, 11am EST):
youtu.be/fgVtg3iVUAg

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: OnePlus-7-Pro-hands-on-front-and-rear.jpg (1260x981, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/e38wk
gsmarena.com/redmi_flagship_confirmed_as_the_k20_-news-37023.php
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Best fugging phone you can buy right now bros. In my country the 8gb 256gb version is cheaper than the s10e and XR and Pixel 3.

Why OP 7 looks so good, lads? Really can't stand

Fucking hate Oneplus decided to have their Press conference at 4pm in the U.K and if threes cut off for next day delivery is 4pm if they are going to be selling it on the site the same day. Motherfuckers.

Shills doesnt even let one person post in between now

I'm a Redmi 7 owner acshually. OP 7 just looks impressive in my opinion.

>U.K
FACT: bongs are subhumans
t. slav master race

>Slavs
>can’t even master basic agriculture let alone race

Sure thing comrade.

Fucking lay off the race shite already, it's the 21st century.

so why is it that oneplus and xiaomi come out with a periscope front cam just a month after samsung releases their flagship s10 line which still has the notch
does it mean samsung had this notch design planned for months, maybe years in advanced and it was too costly to scrap it for a bezelless notchless phone or is it because they just don't trust their idiot users to not drop a $1000+ phone with moving parts

>reviewers say the Iphone XS max is better than the Samsung 10+
>Samsung 10+ still outsells it
Why does everyone hate Apple?

>t. nignog

>OnePlus 7
>...It says the OnePlus 7 has a 6.2-inch Full HD+ AMOLED screen...
>AMOLED
Well fuck me I'm not buying a device that's designed, literally, to become unusable in the first 12 months due to screen burn in.

Wish they'd use IPS god dammit. I fucking hate the phone industry.

moving to amoled as a standard will force the industry to fix the problems prevalent in them

Samsung is doing meme innovashun. The pop up cameras are durable and have failsafes.

Just use it at 10% brightness bro
it's a Samsung panel so it'll be top tier. My current brightness level on my IPS phone is 7%, I never use above 10% indoors.

And Oppo is coming out with an in display front camera phone soon. That will be true innovation. Maybe the OnePlus 9 will have it too.

Two white people insulting each other is not racism you fuck.

>muh screen burn in

Fuck off with this meme. It’s not as big an issue as Jow Forums makes out. You show me some stats off how many phones are produced and how many get screen burn in and if it’s not higher than 5% then you’re a fucking idiot.

>Just don't leave your mom's basement, bro!
/thread

Probably the wrong thread to post but is it a bad idea to buy a 500+usd chromebook for chinese cartoon, web browsing and word document if that's all I'm going to use it for? I want an android tablet but the samsung s5e and s4 tablet are about the same price range and it does less (since no keyboard).

I already have a decent PC and phone s7 but i keep draining the life of the battery when watching movies on it and I feel lazy and don't feel like getting up to turn on my PC since I like staying on my bed.

my s7 for over 3 years never had amoled burn in. Same for my sister s7 edge and s8. No burn in at all.

Attached: 1557378718537.jpg (594x840, 101K)

Say that to literally any nigger and we'll see.

The back of that phone looks so cheap and ugly, almost identical to the Pocophone. They should take notes from Samsung/Apple/Huawei.

Attached: 1548883458023.jpg (3328x1698, 700K)

>can create in screen cameras
>still can't get rid of the chin

Whites don't think Italians, Slavs, Irish and the like are white. It's a real shitshow.

Either you're at home, or at work, or in your car, or in a bar or something. You're rarely using your phone in full daylight outdoors.

>wanting accidental touches

I was thinking the same. Look at pic related, is it just me or does the camera area look asymmetrical and hastily cobbled together?

Attached: camera.jpg (282x294, 10K)

If you cared about accidental touches, you wouldn't buy a full screen phone to begin with.
Besides that, I never had accidental touches with my iPhone XS before I sold it. How would you even hold it to have accidental touches due to a chin?

Just bought aulefone armor 6. Been prefect so far beside for the shit auto brightness and no Android 9 yet

I bet you don't want "accidental" touches from other people, pathetic virgin.

>you wouldn't buy a full screen phone to begin with.
all modern flagships aspire to look like that you fuck, it's not possible to avoid it.

No, I'm not some sleaze cunt who wants to get touched like I'm some meat slave. Man up and get some dignity.

All they had to do was ape the S9 design. Even the Xperia 1 looks a lot more polished and sexier than this garbage.

I'm dreading the day when front camera designs like the S10 become standard. I also hate the notch shit as well.

Literally looks cheaper than the Poco from the back. Fucking lol

If you’re spending 500 on a Chromebook then just buy a windows laptop and it will serve you better. Something like an ideapad or even chinkshit laptops are around 300 and have 1080p screens. If you’re looking for a Chromebook never spend more than 200 and even then buy something else because it’s fucking garbage.

It won't. In a year or two they'll have in display invisible cameras. And there's a lot of phones out right now with pop up cameras.

Looks like I'm getting the Zenfone 6Z, I'm sure it'll have a far better design

What do you guys think of the Zenfone 6?

Attached: asus-zenfone-6-with-manual-slider-795.jpg (1920x1080, 76K)

yeah but I like the ability to fold the laptop all the way backward or pulling it apart like a 2in1 microsoft surface pro and having touch screen but being a bit cheaper. Guess I'll have to research it a bit more.

Attached: 1556947397424.jpg (1079x1063, 141K)

try finding a refurbished 2-in-1 laptop

Exactly, so why comment about the chin doing that you smooth brained ape? It makes no difference.

I agree, Pavel. Bongs are the worst

Sorry if this isn't the right thread, but does android have a tablet that can compete with the iPad pro yet?

So, which overpriced piece of shit did you get to finance and have to juggle around just to properly handle?

What uses more battery, having cell data (4G) enabled or having wifi enabled?

Attached: 97di8jtbgq711.jpg (750x734, 119K)

>Sorry if this isn't the right thread, but does android have a tablet that can compete with the iPad pro yet?
Galaxy Fold? I mean they both bend and are pieces of overpriced shit.

4G uses more power than WiFi when being used but less in standby if you’re not using it.

I have WiFi in the house and turn it off and 4g on when I go out. Never use free WiFi in shops as they are tracking botnets.

k thanks

>Never use free WiFi in shops as they are tracking botnets
Can't you just use a VPN?

There's always a chance that unencrypted data will leak before you can solve their captive portal and connect to your VPN, unless you configure every public Wi-Fi ever to require a certain VPN.
Also hotspots are often picky about firewalling access to the internet, so you better have several ways (generic UDP port for OpenVPN/IPsec, udp/53, tcp/443 etc.) to connect.

They request telemetry data from your phone to see where you go, like what shops you walk into in the shopping mall etc. So no it wouldn’t matter, all traffic going through them is collected and used. When you agree to the T&C you’re pretty much giving away your privacy for free WiFi.

>happy with the Oneplus 6T
>oneplus 7 looks like total shit

LOL

Literally every single AMOLED screen gets burn in within 12 months.
You're a dumb nigger if you don't think that's the case.

It's part of the way they work. There's no avoiding it.

>my s7 for over 3 years never had amoled burn in. Same for my sister s7 edge and s8. No burn in at all.
Literally false.
If you display a white screen on the phone there will be some burn in guaranteed.
Just because you don't notice it does not mean it doesn't exist.

Fucking normies.

Thinking of buying this cheap phone realme c2 for my dad Isn't much of a user but still should work for 2-3 years and decent performance any recommendations?

Attached: real me c2.jpg (194x259, 8K)

Prove it then retard, where is your evidence? Where is the stats and figures showing this happens as frequently as you say. You can’t because you’re talking bullshit.

I bet you still use a CRT you autistic fuck.

>Prove it then retard, where is your evidence?
I don't need proof you fucking retarded nigger.
It's common knowledge, AMOLED has burn in.

Burn in isn't some meme where pixels get fucking stuck and ruin the device, you probably don't even know what it is, because you're denying it. Lmfao.

I bet in your world LCD monitors don't make noise, either? Right?

>I bet you still use a CRT you autistic fuck.
Why the fuck would I use a CRT? How is that relevant?
You sound autistic, user. Not even kidding.

The fuck you on? I'm using amoled since 2012 with the galaxy s advance > s4 > s6 > OnePlus 5T and I never had any screen burn in with AMOLED (All screens above are AMOLED by the way)

>They request telemetry data from your phone to see where you go, like what shops you walk into in the shopping mall etc
I don't really see a problem with that considering they're giving you WiFi, won't HTTPS protect you from packet sniffing and such?

>Literally every single AMOLED screen gets burn in within 12 months.
It's only going to burn in if you stay on the same screen for several hours you dumb fuck.

Zenfone 6
>no notchshit
>5000mah battery
>headphone jack
>expandable storage
>ebin specs
>same primary camera as OP7
>cheaper than the OP7
>dual speakers etc
seems good desu, what's missing here?

>streamable.com/e38wk

oneplus 7 pro promo video leaked, is there anything that hasn't "leaked" about this phone yet kek

What hasnt been leaked yet lmao

Is there a single phone that doesn't have a fuck ton of """leaks""" pre-release?

>prefer pill gestures on Android Q beta
>they're getting removed with the full release for the wonky "full gestures" that is just a shitty clone of iPhone X's animaitons
All Google had to do was copy Apple but they can't even manage that, the animations are too fast are buggy and the app transitions are wonky due to the nav bar being under the app rather than being a part of rather than being part of its bottom nav bar. I suppose it's still beta but it's going to be released in 2-3 months, there's not much time to fix it. This isn't even mentioning the awful back solution, it's seamless on iOS because it was built with that back gesture in mind whereas on Q it's literally a gesture that triggers an action.

>Literally false.
>If you display a white screen on the phone there will be some burn in guaranteed.
>Just because you don't notice it does not mean it doesn't exist.
Just checked my 3.5 yo galaxy s6. Stared at it at different angles with different brightness. Literally nothing. You are full of shit.

650£ for the cheapest op7p
That's more than the s10+ in Canada after tax

Isn't the S10+ $1,400 CAD?

Looks like Honor 20 will have a side fingerprint sensor at a reasonable hight. Wish that more companies would do the same instead of that underscreen gimmich that doesn't work properly half the time.

Attached: 232434.jpg (750x1500, 55K)

lol you're just paying the first world tax
in my shitehole it's cheaper than the s10e/xr/pixel 3.

what the buying process for these chinese phones in first world countries?
are you just buying them in retail shops in your home country instead of online from a chinese reseller like gearworst or bangbad

Oh that's the exynos model, it's about the same price as an E

>oneplus 7 looks like total shit
It looks exactly the same as OP6T, so I guess the 6T looks like shit too?

Attached: oneplus7.0.jpg (1200x800, 45K)

Redmi Note 7

Anglo, Slav, white? LOL.

Doubles as a power button as well. Think I'll skip that s10e and save some shekels hehe

Attached: 12153615.jpg (750x1500, 139K)

>cheaper than the OP7
False

This is getting really tiresome lads...

And XR is outselling s10+

You're a fucking retard.

There are sites in Australia like Kogan that sell imported phones, usually shipped from an Australian warehouse or their Hong Kong warehouse in 3-7 business days.
Beats buying them from AliExpress or GearBest as you actually have warranty considering they're an Australian business. Not sure about other first world countries but I'd imagine they have similar stores?

Yeah we have local stores that tied up with OnePlus so they carry their phones.
They can't hope to win if they price it higher than the OP7. The Zenfone 5Z was cheaper than the 6T when it came out.

No as they can access your cookies and sites visited even card details if you but something. All information goes though their system which they keep. You can also sit with a laptop and skim card details and private info from them because their security is a joke. Sure use it in a pinch if you want but I wouldn't browse the any sites I need to login on or uncrypted chat etc.

I just got a really good deal on a Huawei p30.
But I am fucked now, will the Chinese government now learn my opinion on the question of whether traps are gay? Will they find out that I post on Jow Forums?

>ANUS
>ever
no

Might be a /trv/ question, but if you travel to a different country for a month+, what's the best way to go about this. I was thinking of buying an unlocked older galaxy phone and just getting a sim card when I arrive there.

I'm using a Zenfone right now, it's pretty good. No complaints for the price.

Why are you all supporting commie chink phones?

Relax bro, you can de-chink it. And they offer actual innovashun and undisputedly the best bang for your buck.

>you can de-chink it.
How? I just got a Huawei p30. How do I stop the gooks from stealing my dick pics that I sent to my gf.

gsmarena.com/redmi_flagship_confirmed_as_the_k20_-news-37023.php
Just a micro SD card slot at least this time Xiaomi.

>Huawei
There's yoir problem.

Is it really needed to shill so hard?
If anyone on Jow Forums needs an android flagship its OP or Note anyway... and people buying Note wouldn't buy OP no matter how hard you shill.

What's wrong with Huawei?

>own multiple devices with amoled
>no burn ins
>It's totally not a meme!

Impossible to de-chink it
ZTE and Huawei are PRC controlled companies.

No support and locked bootloader.

>not buying the Zenfone 6Z
you get the SD slot and jack both.

Fugggggg