What are some blackhat methods that artists could benefit from online in terms of increasing social reach, statistics...

What are some blackhat methods that artists could benefit from online in terms of increasing social reach, statistics, etc.

I've been considering phishing the owner of one of the biggest SoundCloud repost chains in the niche of music I make. He has an impression reach of over 600k. He sells reposts to "600k" people for $50 and people nap it up, because they see all his music getting a SHITLOAD of REAL interactions, zero bots (this is called a repost chain for the uninformed).

The catch is, he keeps the 600k reach to himself for all his tracks which gets ~25k plays each and rank on the Charts as well as get attention from TOP DJ's, despite him being a pretty amateur music producer.

He's in my circle, and it wouldn't be hard to hit him with a phishing link and "share" the account with him.

Attached: CULT.png (1035x631, 568K)

The only other thing I'm taking advantage of is using a Python script to run my instagram account 24/7, which has took me from 2,000 (starting in Feb 2017) to almost 35,000 currently all in real growth.

I used to use a SoundCloud follower and defollower but the API has been updated long long time ago.

Facebook is my main marketing tool but I feel like Facebook is hard to blackhat or use scripts to benefit as an artist.

ever considered just making good music people actually want to listen to and share of their own free will?

Nah, I'm a lazy untalented nigger faggot. Fuck that.

music is gay

Ur mum gay.

congrats on giving me the most obviously expected response and contributing NOTHING to this board.

you win NOTHING.

>you win NOTHING.
Neato. I accept this prize with pride.

lololol.
I was somewhat into the music-making scene ~15 years ago, and I met a lot of people like you. people who did their best, their music was OK, listenable, whatever, but nobody got excited about it, or wanted to share it.
so they concluded (not entirely without basis) that what they were missing was more effective marketing or some other music-adjacent activity. like one guy got obsessed with registering all his songs with ASCAP and whatever, as if such formalities would somehow magically confer legitimacy and popularity upon him. (I just googled him out of curiosity, and sure enough he's still plugging away after all these years, in total obscurity)
I get it, there's so much musical desperation just pouring out of the internet, begging somebody, anybody to listen to it ... that it's hard to get noticed, much less followed or loved. you're looking for an advantage.
but all the time you spend doing that shit, focusing on that, you're not doing the thing (I presume) you actually love: making music. why not spend your time getting better at that, expanding your range and horizons, and maybe someday if lightning strikes, it'll grow organically, and not because you're bribing the soundcloud equivalent of an instagram thot into pretending to like your shit for 1 fleeting minute?

you can do both

also, 15 years is quite a stretch for you to be totally oblivious to the role the internet and social media directly play in music and exposure

Not him but normie social feed on Facebook are the nearly 1:1 equivalent of your favorite music reviewer in your favorite magazine in 1990

Get some real current social trend like livestreaming some concert or just some of your composing times
INTERACT with your audience ! Not just flood them in notifications

not at all oblivious. musicians (and artists in general) seeking an audience in a field that's saturated with other hopefuls is a TIMELESS problem.
I lived through myspace and facebook, from 2006-2012 or so ... I've seen the lengths people go to. it's merely a digital version of what my friends were doing before social networking existed (spamming flyers at venues/shows, schmoozing and pretending to care about other bands just to get them to return the favor and hopefully bring friends to your show, etc). what you're doing isn't fundamentally different.
the following was from a musician's blog in 2011:
>MySpace. Been there lately? SadSpace more like.
>Contrary to it's earlier days not so long ago when it was a fun to use interface, with people leaving personal comments on each other's profiiles and using it to keep in touch via the emails, it's now like walking through the ruins of a bombed out city with the only population a collection of hollowed out mindless zombies with only a single all encompassing mantra playing over and over in their little minds: "I must promote myself, I must promote myself."
>The place has been overwhelmed and choked to death with vast self generated tsumamis of spam. People befriend other people only in order to can post spam on their profiles, people send emails to each other only in order to propogate links to their new mix/tune/live show. But no one is interested. Why? Because they're all busy trying to promote their own thing. Zombies trying desperately to feed off each other. The whole experience is highly unpleasant Add to that the "new, improved" slow, clunky interface and what you get is DeadSpace. What to do when the signal to noise ratio reaches 0/100? Time to wipe the hard drives on those servers and start again. Which brings me to my point: Do social media sites have a shelf life? How long before Facebook becomes choked with spam and used merely as a medium to use other people...

Any success in any area of entertainment is 95%+ based on luck, mostly nepotism for the "real life" markets like music and acting.

>The only other thing I'm taking advantage of is using a Python script to run my instagram account 24/7
What exactly is it doing? Just follow/unfollow?

see top part of The overwhelming majority of what contributes to a person's success in _any_ entertainment field is luck. Pure and simple. Do you happen to get seen by an important influencer in that market, does your song happen to show up in some producer's feed, does your video happen to get picked by the algorithm to show up on the front page of youtube. All luck.

This is coming from someone who is successful and still growing on youtube. The fact that I can do this instead of a "real job" (even though a real job would pay significantly more, at least right now) is, I'd say, about 98% due to luck. There were literally thousands or tens of thousands of other channels in my exact niche, who produced better videos than me, and worked longer, and I'm now ahead of most of them.

My videos aren't better. I haven't worked longer. I just got lucky. That's it. And there are channels (granted, not many) that are far, far bigger than mine despite being younger, or having lower quality videos. Again, luck.

okay.

so if I made my ultimate life's work masterpiece, and lets say theoretically its the same track that got 10 million plays in a alternate timeline.

If I posted that track, on my account, right now. it would just get ~3k plays and cap out.

do u understand the debate?

to elaborate.. i dont think you understand the more seeds you plant the higheer chnace youll grow a plant.

the more people you make an impression on the higher chance of conversion.

it doesnt matter whether youre an amaeteur or a pro that philosophy still applies to my OG post

Just goes to show you're in a genre where skill isn't equal to appreciation.

Aphex Twin records under dozens of pseudonyms and many of them became well known in their own right because the music was good.

Throwing vengeance samples together with sylenth presets, or god forbid rapping over maschine beats you threw together in an afternoon will never fit the definition of "masterpiece".

Seems like OP is more on the market-branding side and is just a salty "real musician" artsy type that never understood marketing and branding and failed because he probably had a good product but no branding or marketing

>social media bots using apis are blackhat methods

Sanjeev please, this isn't your hacking anime.

sorry but I really think your biased because you just think I'm an amateur. If you want a clip of my music, drop your e-mail then we can talk more about whether I'm a "pro" or not. again i could easily fake that but whatever.

> no refutation
> digital equivalent to 'fite me IRL'

I literally have credit on platinum albums, but didn't need to dickwave in my post because I'm confident in what I say. There are spheres where talent will get you noticed. The mass produced electro flavour of the month is not one of them. Do you even play an instrument? Can you improvise? How's your music theory?

Exactly what sort of musical skill do you possess?

Sorry missed this, idk how to explain? One sec Ill screenshot something for you

guess the genre?

Attached: guess.png (1458x873, 293K)

synth/bass

Attached: guess2.png (742x883, 1.09M)

Attached: guess3.png (1801x989, 1.32M)

Fl studio, drag'n'drop filenames, transient plugin on master, limiter before ozone.

It's like watching a kid play with legos.

lol look at mr i do everything by the books like a electro flavour of the month pushing slave that thinks theres boundaries in music

Attached: 324286.jpg (300x300, 12K)

> uses preset called "easy fuzz"
> calls me unoriginal
Put down the joint and learn an acoustic instrument and some theory my dude. Go plan in a band with other people while you're at it. Expand your musical horizons beyond throwing plugins at a wall and calling it 'boundary breaking'

Sorry to break it but originality is a meme. You should make something people want, not something that is original.

>doesnt use presets
you must have a 8 inch cock too

LOL WAIT REWIND
THATS NOT EVEN A PRESET ITS THE INITALIZED PATCH LMAOALAOLOLOP
youre a faggot.

You're just like every kid that plays in a band and hates on kids that shit out a better EP in a day than they ever will in a year and get 10x more stage time because bands have zero technical knowledge all they know how to do is hit a instrument. Typically the band kids that fail out of bands turn into the kids making cookie cutter "EDM" music. Like this guy

Yeah honestly I feel more confident learning a instrument after years of experience producing in a DAW.

Bro you really gotta dial back. You started a thread asking for advice, and having released several albums and worked in a studio for over a decade, I think I'm more than qualified to help.

You're of the opinion that skill doesn't matter and it's all about 'getting noticed'. That's true, but only in areas where skill doesn't matter. So you want some rock solid advice? Go develop some skill, and focus on areas where skill CAN get you noticed. If you can play a guitar well and write meaningful lyrics, you can get noticed pretty damn quick. I got my first album deal at 16, and it wasn't because of 'luck'. It was because I was doing something that people enjoyed, and I was good at it.

Or keep making weird ambient electro whatever. It seems you want to whine more so than do something productive about your situation.

Actually I make and listen almost exclusively to electronic music myself. The horizons are much broader there and mainstream indie / rock has stagnated hard by comparison.

It's unquestionable that learning an instrument and some theory will improve your ear and overall musicality. Not to mention opening you up to new musical experiences, which is the perfect way to get out of a rut and expand as an artist.

You still think im like some 200 follower random soundcloud rapper or something like you're just biasd as fuck because were two anonymous guys lol. I have 13k followers currently like idk how else to express to you I'm pretty well versed in this shit I didnt ask for a lecture on how to find my inner soul and artistic repertoire this is a fucking thead on how to blackhat people into building your brand/authority on the internet

>he thinks any artist he ever heard of got there through pure talent
Let's laugh at this idiot
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Prove it faggot

13k is peanuts my dude.

You're looking for a quick fix for a formula that literally millions of other people are looking for. You might as well ask "how can I make a million on the stock market". It's not gonna happen. There's no app you can download that will double your followers over a set time period. All you can do is continue to release quality material, work on your community engagement, play live. Work hard.

? best i can do for you on here

Attached: stats1.png (1247x255, 28K)

that was a very apple to oranges comparison with the stocks thing...

I don't think you understand the OP's original post still. He's asking for methods or techniques or constructive advice, none of which you've given him.

I don't think he's asking for us to give him a program that will make him famous automagically, bud.

True. But the instant hostility expressed here rubs me the wrong way, and reeks of the kind of insecurity OP has continued to display in the thread. One I'm all too familiar with having worked around people like OP for a long time now.