/hpg/ headphone general

portable stack edition
request purchase advice:
>location
>budget
>open/closed
>over/on ear
>sound signature (if you don't know, what kind of music do you like best?)
>previous equipment
>bluetooth (just go to iemg faggot)

Attached: cb6a5d40602230145f1488c45893e06c32824495.jpg (612x816, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pharmrev.aspetjournals.org/content/68/2/264
amazon.com/FiiO-BTR3-Bluetooth-Receiver-Portable/dp/B07FVN14FH
amazon.de/Sennheiser-HD-599-ohrumschließender-matt-ivory-Weiß/dp/B01L1IICR2/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=hd599&qid=1557875128&s=gateway&sr=8-1
amazon.com/Microphone-Universal-QuietComfort-Sennheiser-Headphone/dp/B01NAQWCGS/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1527673918&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=mic for hd 598&dpPl=1&dpID=51FSP3gh2PL&ref=plSrch
tpdz.net/products_detail/productId=39.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

new ESP-950s!

Attached: IMG_20190513_182127.png (1487x1080, 2.17M)

Repostan.
I need closed overears under 400$ that don't require AMP (or under 300$ if they can be powered with something like xDuoo X3II) and actually sound according to their price. I said under 400$ but would actually prefer some price/value champ like shp9500.

buy stax

stax

I want stax and a closed back (window ac in tge summer) but I can't bring myself to give anything up to pay for them.
PS I'm gonna eq them to harman
Blog post complete

Attached: IMG_20190417_020700.jpg (4032x3024, 2.81M)

>living in a dirty disgusting basement
>owns cum stained mudcannon collection
>eq to harman
unironically kys

>pic
Ackulally...

Attached: Crosley-CR6002A-45rpm-md_540x330.jpg (540x330, 96K)

Who here likes the tinny sound of small foam padded, $3, ear phones?

>wood floor basement

Triggered much?

Attached: rBVaGFTFpGeATdZPAAC17j8R34Y161.jpg (1024x768, 42K)

Well fuck.
If you're not willing to wait for a good deal on those I'm not sure what to recommend
The Pro82 is good for the price but it's way lower than your price range and the only other closed headphones I've heard are either outside your price range or stuff I wouldn't recommend outside of very specific use.

I don't live in a basement and why wouldn't you eq to either Harman or diffuse field? I think you might be envious or something

Attached: IMG_20190424_154645.jpg (4032x3024, 3.1M)

where can I buy the new stax l700 with the removable cable

beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 32 Ohm or beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80 Ohm
also if the 80ohm there is some kind of dac/amp thats portable durable and transmits bluetooth?

>location
germany
>budget
50-80 Euronis
>open/closed
whats the difference.jpg
>over/on ear
in ear
dont care
>previous equipment
KLIM in ear and apple earbuds
dont care but would be nice to have as an option

I need something preferably sturdy since I had previous in ears break on me

You won't EQ them to harman. The only way you'll stick with it is if you never bother to listen to the native stax sound.

STAX

TIN T2

You can preorder them at any store in Japan.

they were built in 70s, user

>stax l700 with the removable cable
isn't it a little dangerous? knowing stax build quality, it may fall out and kill you
or at least singe your carpet

Use female cables and it's fine. The Omega actually did it.

>The Omega
was omega shown anywhere?

Also it can't hurt you when using Stax amps.

It was in production when Stax had to be reincorporated.

Why not though? No way some random headphones stock fr is better than one of the two targets. I eq everything I have to harman. I'd do the same with df if it were the one I preferred.

I'm planing on stax next year, will it come out by then?

>I eq everything I have to harman
are you measuring it or just guessing what you think is harman target?

I used the past tense, referring to the original omega. This is an English board.

Don't know. I've EQed my stax to DF. After a week the filter was permanently turned off.

I thought you meant production as development, my bad. So nothing coming past lambdas for another decade?

any half decent headphones for listening to music while swimming?
perfectly willing to sacrifice audio quality as long as it werks

Attached: tumblr_n0k0vhSox41t0l65go1_500.gif (500x274, 127K)

No other way to put this, but I have MS, and cables for me right now are a huge pain, especially if I have a massive twitching episode and suddenly find most of the stuff on my desk on my floor.

So I'm looking for either a decent pair of wireless headphones, or something with a detachable cable that might be angled enough to where if I do have an episode I won't have to worry about damaging cables or pulling equipment into the floor.

Musical tastes: classical, most heavy types of metal (especially shit with fast blast beats) and the occasional EDM track, where I fall in love with deep bass.

Gaming: the usual suspects. CS: Go, overwatch, Seige, maybe some StarCraft. So nothing major.

Movie watching at my computer happens quite a lot, especially when I find that I can't move my legs enough to where I feel confident to be able to move from my chair to the couch in the living room.

Hope not. I want to see over-ears and a new 4070.

One day they'll end up prescribing you LSD because they've discovered it is a potent anti-neuroinflammatory agent.

Shit. I wonder if that will work. Now I'm curious.

if you got a lot of money Beyerdynamic Amiron Wireless
If not, honestly whatever within your bluetooth price range just do not cheap out too much keep it within $100-250, not sure if there is any open wireless sets but I'd get open one for gaming.

>Take good headphones, carefully tuned by the manufacturer through a long trial and error process to reach the sound that they consider the best.
>Eq all of them to reach the same frequency response on some particular measurement rig because a random jew told you so.
Why even buy multiple headphones if you're going to shit on their particularities?

Attached: 7ae.png (674x432, 20K)

pharmrev.aspetjournals.org/content/68/2/264

ctrl f inflammation

Fuck. I wish I could work and make enough to where I can afford some more expensive things. I've got maybe $100 that I can spend on a good pair of headphones but can probably save up another $100 by December, so maybe some good Christmas sales will happen by then.

could try xiaomi airdots, those are cheap, but you'd be charging them every 4h

That won't be a problem. I'm near some kind of power source most of the day.

>location
Can*dia
>budget
$500
>open/closed
Closed
>over/on ear
Either
Classic and jazz
>previous equipment
Ath-m50x
>bluetooth
My main reason to upgrade is to go wireless since newer phones don't have a headphone jack

Attached: image0-14.png (334x506, 254K)

What are some good gaming headsets? Really all I want is a pair that don't cost more than 80 Yuros and that aren't complete shit. Suggestions?

Attached: Valdemar_Atterdag_brandskattar_Visby.jpg (800x495, 125K)

Sony WH-1000XM3

Measurebaiters are the worst.

Are these any good?

Attached: Screenshot_20190514-153143_Brave_1-01.jpg (776x1596, 105K)

I'll keep my eyes on it but they're already replaced by other more expensive revisions and I really doubt they'll ever come back with 400$ price. Gonna check takstars as well.

>location
Germany
>budget
100-150€
>open/closed
closed
>over/on ear
both
black metal and jazz

FOR FUCKS SAKE, I just received my third pair of BT headphones and they all had the same problem on multiple devices! Every time any sound is played they make a sound like the're turning of a second later. It's increadibly annoying - are BT headphones just shit no matter what?

inb4 fucking STAX - shove them up your ass /hpg/!

Lo key I can sell you some bee pollen and honey that'll treat it
Everyone scoffs at me when I say food can be anti-inflammatory but then when some stoner says here just smoke this weed then suddenly they're interested
I hope ur better user :3

i have them and like them. heard that the cable is shit but haven't had any problems with it except it being kinda ugly

Are the Redmi Airdots actually good? Otherwise what would you recommend for someone in need of a wireless pair?

what’s listening with user?

Attached: 41AADBF9-ABC9-4FFB-A96A-9A3D51C1E468.jpg (4032x3024, 1.75M)

There there a decently priced bluetooth receiver +amp device?

haafee hd1 is just as good as the th-x00

Certainly not envious of your shit stack and fx garbo

>location
Poland
>budget
100$
>open/closed
closed
>over/on ear
both
black metal
>bluetooth
would be nice to have as an option

1 yuan has been deposited in your account.

But cant you buy a replacement? Also where did you order them from?

>location
EU
>budget
170$
>open/closed
what? if you mean outside or inside, more outside
>over/on ear
in ear i guess?
a little from from everything i guess? i dunno, i listen to everything if is good
>previous equipment
some shity 50$ headphones.
yeah, i really want TWS if i can find some good ones at this price, if not, recommend me something else something good.

Attached: 1553514586202.png (500x496, 197K)

I'm trying to get my audio interface to work. My mic works perfectly but my headphones are putting out really poor quality audio when I try to listen to music/watch movies.

I've tried googling shit but none of the obvious solutions seem to work. Anyone got an idea? Plugging my headphones directly into my speakers has zero volume whatsoever.

Attached: yooooooooooo.jpg (470x720, 38K)

amazon.com/FiiO-BTR3-Bluetooth-Receiver-Portable/dp/B07FVN14FH
is this worth it?

Any good chink planars I should be aware of?

Attached: 658381191.jpg (901x887, 85K)

>location
Spain
>budget
150-200€
>open/closed
I've only tried closed ones, so I don't really know the difference
>over/on ear
Over
It would be for watching movies or playing games, not exclusively for listening to music
>previous equipment
SteelSeries Siberia v2 and Logitech g430 (lasted 5 months)
Yes

Mic included if possible

DT770 because they are more satisfying than something flat like HD569. You are not listening to music for the purpose of accuracy.

what you think of the new Sunn O))) user?

Attached: 15BFA2A3-D172-4F11-A26D-3F441B61C53F.jpg (4032x3024, 2.01M)

Open backs are better at everything except bass and isolation. Well worth it.

>amazon.de/Sennheiser-HD-599-ohrumschließender-matt-ivory-Weiß/dp/B01L1IICR2/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=hd599&qid=1557875128&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Can't find this from the EU, so you might have to ship it from Murica.
>amazon.com/Microphone-Universal-QuietComfort-Sennheiser-Headphone/dp/B01NAQWCGS/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1527673918&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=mic for hd 598&dpPl=1&dpID=51FSP3gh2PL&ref=plSrch

That ALO amp looks nice.

>so you might have to ship it from Murica
It's okay, thank you!

T3 are way better than T2, why nobody it's recommending those? It's because everyone already have the T2 and the T3 it's not worth an upgrade?

Are they a meme? Im considering getting a pair of T2s. I would pick those over the T3s mainly bc they are cheaper, which might answer your original question.

uhhh: ATH-M40X?

Listening to my HE1000, I mean Arya.

Attached: 20190512_121213.jpg (1800x875, 347K)

Can you hear any actual difference between the Topping and your fancier stuff?

i see the Topping DX3 pro uses the AK4493 DAC chip - how does it sound? can you compare it to ESS sabre chips like the Topping D50?

tpdz.net/products_detail/productId=39.html

Sendy Aiva

Not really. I have a balanced SU-8 and a used to have a Chord Hugo, the DACs really don't make that huge of a difference. I'm probably gonna sell off the SU-8.

I agree, sounds nice too

Attached: CB5521EA-80D6-4078-ABE0-3C435E69103A.jpg (4032x3024, 2.79M)

Haven't heard the D50, but I have the SU-8 which uses the same ESS9038 chip. The ESS 9038 is a bit more bright to my ears and more lean. Apparently in measurement this chip it has a "ESS hump" but I can't hear it. I also hear no difference between the balanced and single ended output in the DAC.

yeah i've seen comments that AK chips are more 'musical' but wondered how that translated

I find the D50 brighter than my previous shit-tier DAC, even on HD650

wew lad

sabre dacs are bright garbage

you did buy the AAA vinyl, right user?

Attached: 39015B5A-4420-48E9-9240-A819065086DC.jpg (3826x2868, 2.12M)

The implementation of the chip, especially the power delivery, matters more than the actual chip. That said I definitely find the ESS DAC to be more bright and I prefer how the DX3 Pro sounds with its AKM chip.
I wish there was a balanced AKM DAC but DX3 Pro is good enough.

learn how to EQ

>request purchase advice:
>>location
Usa
>>budget
$250-300
>>open/closed
Who cares?
>>over/on ear
Over
>>sound signature (if you don't know, what kind of music do you like best?)
Punk to rock to country. I'm gonna use them mostly for practicing guitar
>>previous equipment
I have some Bose sound sports and murdered a pair of HD428s I had for a few years
>>bluetooth (just go to iemg faggot)
Nooooo

Wired pls. Using them as monitors for my guitar so any lag just wrecks me

I have an O2 and am currently using the DAC part of an E10K.
Would replacing the latter improve anything? If so, what are some ~$150 candidates?

Thoughts on NX4 DSD? I can get them pretty cheap here.

Attached: 1492497867738.png (743x711, 14K)

>Massdrop doesn't even list the THX Amp any longer
Rare amp now??

Attached: Hype.gif (400x220, 349K)

why this sub is going full snake oil?

>reddit
kys.

everything but hd600 with tubes is overrated

Im a complete illiterate about audio and stuff, and I'm a complete tool sheep-head, so I bought a Sansa Clip + and a pair of Tin T3 for my daily use. What the fuck should I do now? I have installed Rockbox on my Sansa, but what now? Should I look for some "good EQ preset" on the internet or should I just play around with some random EQ and getting used to?

What's the point of the Sansa? It supposed to sound better by default than, for example, a flagship smartphone + Spotify in extreme quality? Or should I EQ my Sansa first before getting any gains from it in comparison than a default smartphone+spotify? If this, then where the fuck can I find some tutorial about how to properly EQ my Sansa and "which sound" should I just aim for? Or using a Sansa+Rockbox+default EQ should be far better experience than the other setup? I'm sorry for being a brainlet, but I guess you guys can help me with this desinformation.

Attached: ZjuZU-2.jpg (1836x2448, 180K)

its still there

The monoprice 788 looks similar, with a DAC too

From reviews I remember reading the monoprice amp wasn't received as well as the massdrop one. The 789 is good enough for me though. Plenty of headphone outputs, and a passthrough to my 2.1 setup.

788 is not as powerful in terms of mw, but it's fully balanced input and output. I would use it for balanced only, but I don't have a balanced headphone and I have a good enough DAC. 789 makes more sense but they are always out of stock - and they don't ship to australia

what's good as babbys first dac/amp? i got some hd598's and my mobo sounds a little distorted...

FiiO K3
FiiO Q1 Mk II
FiiO E10K
Topping NX4 DSD

The portable is pretty shit in terms of sound quality but has cool tech. Probably the same for the 788 especially since its Monoprice which makes the sketch level go up even more in my book.

Best portable amp and probably dac amp combo for the price.

Go back to watching ShillReviews