Systemd

So now systemd has been around for a while, I expect you got used to it and now youre running around with it like a puppy with a stick
Tell me your systemd stories and how you learned to love it

>mounts EFI vars with write access by default and somebody got his machine bricked
>renamed old interfaces from eth0 to some shitty generated name that should be always same but isn't
>corrupted logs
>spams so much logs that it crashed kernel
>implements rm, deletes recursively directory tree up, Poettering claims his rm implementation works like by POSIX specs even though POSIX says it recursive rm should ignore "..".
>we need some kind of patch for this because nobody tested this
>won't fix not a bug
yeah I'm using gentoo with open-rc

>misconfiguration
>misconfiguration
>misconfiguration
>misconfiguration
why are you trying to delete ".."?

rm /folder/name
includes ".." you fucking idiot.
Go check this with ls /folder/name

>Tell me your systemd stories and how you learned to love it
Everything just works.

Gentoo with OpenRC reporting it. Feels great being free from (((der ewige lennart)))

quite, Luke

Attached: D5ggD_FXoAU_Jvs.jpg (750x547, 45K)

Systemd is best d

>Move from OpenBox to Awesome on Arch
>Didn't know a lick of lua
>Kept cannibalizing Awesome configurations from the internet
>Boot up Arch, startx
>Something would go wrong
>No problem I'll just change back to TTY1 and kill X
>Ctrl+Alt+F1
>doesn't return me back to the tty i ran startx from
>wow that's weird it worked on Ubuntu when I did it there
>Hard reboot
>Don't think anything of it because I didn't even know what systemd was other than Jow Forums bitching about it periodically

>Years later
>Come across an article from one of the systemd developers on their rationale for having logind tie a user down to one tty
>Realize that the reason I had so many issues with playing with window managers back in the day was because of systemd even before I knew what it was

I don't get it (the pic)

>install arch
>use it for few months
>journald fills up / partition with old logs
>space limits in settings doesn't work
>no wait to delete old logs without deleting entire database
That reminds me, my current install's journald logs are already at 900MB, soon will have to manually delete it

I still can't get NFS and GlusterFS mounts to reliably mount at boot.

>Switched to non-systemd botnet distros.

>>mounts EFI vars with write access by default and somebody got his machine bricked
Literally happened to only one (1) who claimed that it was systemd. It never happened since to anyone else .

redpill me on the openrc

>devoted user and lover of debian for many years
>they decide to switch to systemd
>everything starts breaking at crashing with no rhyme or reason and no way to figure it out or help
>after struggling for a good while, decide try a systemdless distro
>everything just works again as expected
I thank them from the bottom of my heart though - Had systemd been at all tolerably usable, I might have never discovered Guix or GuixSD, which in turn has been the best thing that ever happened to my computing life.

Attached: considerthefollowing.jpg (251x251, 9K)

Just use OpenBSD.

>>everything starts breaking at crashing with no rhyme or reason and no way to figure it out or help
Notice how the cult of systemd haters are always vague when it comes to breakage

Literally because it was buggy EFI firmware that let it happen.

I use gentoo with systemd

Dude everyone does.

The people that say they use openrc with Gentoo do that because they aren't actually using Gentoo.

s6 and runit are better

lmfao no they aren't, literally zero services support them. systemd has 100% support.

different guy, but filtered ;)

>how you learned to love it
It fucking works.