Take the Debian pill

Take the Debian pill
>Offers you 3 branches, all of them work very well. Stable for servers, testing or Sid for desktop. No need for anything else
>Tons(tons) of packages by default. You can also add other debian repos for whatever you're missing. If you're using stable you can also keep some of the software a bit more up to date with backports/apt pinning without compromising the system
>Base distro for Ubuntu and another 5000000 distros.
>Cares about your freedom but realizes going full freedom can bring problems so by typing 3 words in your sources.list after the repos you can install propriety software. As easy as it gets.
>Multiarch
>Cute anime girls like it
Why haven't you installed it, Jow Forums?

Attached: [Ohys-Raws] Gabriel Dropout - 11 (AT-X 1280x720 x264 AAC).mp4_snapshot_21.29_[2017.03.20_23.28.10].p (1005x716, 760K)

I'd fuck Satania

stop telling me to take pills

Good thread.

Waiting for 10 release.

>memean
lol

Attached: debian_in_a_nutshell.jpg (6969x6969, 1.34M)

t. brainlet

debian
more like debiru haha
lesbian lol
i love satania

>several months old security bugs
not even my laptop can't take that much

apt pining compromises the system because binaries can be hard linked against old libraries. but you could get the source from apt and build the deb

You forgot >still hasn't fixed the Nvidia bug after a half decade

I tried sid last week and it didn't have GNOME 3.32 yet, fucking joke.

what distro offers more recent versions (no arch pls) of packages usually?

Attached: 150918-Majestic-Mountains-1.jpg (1050x447, 108K)

fedora

It's because testing is on frozen and about to get released as stable so everyone is on it making it ready. That's also why you should never update Sid in the first week after a stable release, because you'll get drowned with tons of new shit and shit to remove which is not ideal.

I don't like cults.

>stable
*stale

based satania
I received a 2011 macbook pro and I installed debian stable on it.

Attached: 1547265199180.gif (500x500, 256K)

>>Offers you 3 branches, all of them work very well. Stable for servers, testing or Sid for desktop. No need for anything else
>all of them work very well
[citation needed]

>I received a 2011 macbook pro
>not selling it immediately
>actually using it

Attached: 1539462711072.jpg (1920x1080, 268K)

>citation need
Well, stable is bullet proof unless you want to destroy it
Testing/Sid are basically Ubuntu in terms of just works. Not as user friendly, but less bloat and easy to maintain.
t. used all 3, currently on Sid.

nah fuck you they add their own aids to all packages they touch

sid is basically broken all the time, testing probably is fine but I can't trust you about sid

I did for three years and concluded that testing and Sid are not good at all. I've lost count the amount of times I've upgraded only to boot into a black screen with free drivers + AMD card(480 and recently Vega 56). They call it testing and unstable but holy shit are they laughably behind a lot of things compared to Fedora, Ubuntu, and Arch. Since leaving, I've been running Ubuntu for the last 5-6 months with no issues as of writing. Also went ahead and jumped to 19.04 the moment it was "released" as well.
I guess debian does has a place for personal servers if you don't want to run Red Hat stuff, but I'd advice to stay away from anything that isn't debian stable. Net install with minimal DE is also pretty good for shitbooks, I installed that on a very old netbook and it runs buttery smooth.

>Install anything out of branch
>Aptitude breaks the whole system
no thanks

this, and stable is sometimes very late even with security upgrades. debian a shit