Are these the best 120$ can buy? If all I care about is sound and build quality?

Are these the best 120$ can buy? If all I care about is sound and build quality?

Attached: 693078D0-3E7A-4CFE-B452-452D34416D25.jpg (1160x1160, 112K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Brainwavz-Sheepskin-Leather-Earpads-Sony/dp/B07FSPNJH6/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?keywords=brainwavz mdr 7506&qid=1557870518&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmr0
x0.at/xmQ.txt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pretty great. I have the m40x's and I don't regret my purchase at all

Buy STAX

yes
no, too much distortion and too much mid bass. if you wanted to save money you should have got a MDR7506.
In owned the three
M50X=MDR7506+rotable cups and cable>m40x
I don't know where this meme came from that the m40x are better than m50x let alone Sony's. They perform bad in every measurement. Just look for actual benchmarks instead of audiofool consumer reviews.

this
love my 7506
but if you want a boom boom beats by dre sound look the other way

no get the cheaper SHP9500 instead

Attached: 1477127222129.jpg (912x1009, 143K)

I never heard about those, thanks for the recommendation:^} I hope you were having good intentions

+1 for m40x

How are Sonys in terms of longevity? Did you have to replace anything yet?

no, but I put new earpads. Stock ones aren't good but were better than m40x at least. Apparently after years they start peeling, supposedly. But that's the only thing that "fails" in the mdr7506, some boomers say to have decades old V6s and 7506s in forums

cool. I'll get them and a pair of stock pads just in case. what did you use to replace the default ones btw?

brainwavz, the sheepskins are quite cheap so I would get those. I just bought the plastic ones in a rush because they were new, and sheepskin ran out of stock. They are the perfect size.
Before, the most popular one was the beyers dt250 earpad which I also had and is good for summer.
But I would get a M50X because they have a much more portable cable

1.2m cable is way too short of me, I'm connecting them to an interface that's already connected to studio monitors that are like 1.5m away
$42 for a brainwavz is kinda out of the question dt250 are ~$10 more affordable. Anyways, thanks for the answers m8

I have these but I prefer my DT770s.

then the mdr7506 is fine
but no way, get the brainwavz they are memory foam.
amazon.com/Brainwavz-Sheepskin-Leather-Earpads-Sony/dp/B07FSPNJH6/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?keywords=brainwavz mdr 7506&qid=1557870518&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmr0
the sheepskins are 30 and the normal ones are 15 usd, the 42usd earpad is not for mdr 7506

they are sexy as fuck

Attached: 7c5597a2-ee13-4efd-85e3-0778d6068cf4._CR0,0,970,300_PT0_SX970__.jpg (970x300, 127K)

Check out the Takstar 82 pro or the SHP9500

yeah denim is the real shit unf

got it thanks for the link

Attached: Ford-GT-Jay-Leno.jpg (1276x750, 541K)

>They perform bad in every measurement. Just look for actual benchmarks instead of audiofool consumer reviews
What the fuck are you even talking about. What "perfomance". This isnt nvidia vs amd you retard.
Also all of those are shit and mdr7506 sounds like lifeless crap, they fail at everything that is not a studio work. And no, you dont want studio equipment at home.

Spend a little more money and get the DT 770 Pros if you're okay with a non-detachable cable and limited portability

>build quality
The fake leather on these is fucking atrocious and breaks down after a year or two.
I can't really complain about the sound though, so maybe it's worth it.

sexy for a poorfag maybe

The hinges broke after a year for me, daily usage though. Using a dt770 now and I like them better

i got my marshall major II for around half that price
best headphones i ever ownend, and i owned some headphones

I just got the Sennheiser Momentum 2 on ebay open-box for $120. That shit retailed for $350 when it launched two years ago

>t. got memed into stax
oh nonononono

This

Attached: M40x.jpg (3456x4608, 1.32M)

There pretty good but be careful, with how much you rotate the ear back and forth because that's how my m50's died

SHP9500 are god-tier, but they're open back so not good for outside/listening on public transport

I wish there were stores where you could actually try out all these good headphones, but it's either BestBuy with shit selection, or some audiophile store with $400 and up boutique shit only.

I just don't understand open back headphones. Yes, they sound better for the price point, I will totally admit that.

But to me, owning headphones is about sound isolation so you don't hear the shit around you and don't have to crank up your volume to ear-damaging levels, and sound isolation so everyone is not annoyed by your headphones sounding like a laptop playing.

I want headphones I can still use in bed with my wife or on an airplane or in an airport.

>The fake leather on these is fucking atrocious and breaks down after a year or two.
can confirm. it disintegrated from my buzz cut hair and I had to just remove all the foam and now I just wear it bear metal on my head.

I bought the M50X literally 5 minutes ago because I've always wanted them, they were $100 dollars used like new. Rtings says they are good, and I always thought they were, but now every single fucking thread on reddit says they are shit, I mean just look at the circlejerk over at r/headphones/ it's incredible
Did I really fucked it up? Should I have saved for the HD6XX? In my country they cost like three times the money of the M50X. I think I did a good choice, but I don't know anymore.

Attached: 1545324208372.png (300x300, 125K)

true
cant be arsed to change it doe

Rtings also say Logitech G433 is good and sound flat as fuck, should I trust them?

M50X are the most based headphones I've ever bought. Good sound, good bass, doesn't leak too much. They're still in excellent condition even after being thrown and tossed around and in being in my bag with my keys and shit. They would be absolutely perfect if they supported bluetooth as well as cable.

>bluetooth
How about FiiO BTA10? Look better than generic chink BT receiver.

Attached: FiiO BTA10.jpg (1100x700, 398K)

>tfw can’t listen to my MDR 7506 until I can buy a replacement driver
FUCK

Attached: image.jpg (1536x2390, 2.28M)

>ATH-M50x
lol

Attached: m50x.webm (1920x1080, 144K)

this
I have mine since 6 years and just replace the earpads every 2 years.
Only problem is, now the leather at the top of the head is becoming flaky too.
But I honestly can't bother replacing that

The hate they receive is overblown, that being said there are better headphones in the price bracket. The HD58X Jubilee is great and only cost 150$, its worth saving the extra money for.

i have no idea how the hd58x costs $150 because it’s just that fucking good

its pretty good but watch out with the hinges. if those fuckers break youre kinda fucked, not really, but its just annoying

They'll break.

If you're really into sound, get Bose headphones. One of the few very expensive things that's worth the money. I got a pair of Bose speakers for my computer for ~$250 and they're 100x better than the 7 speaker setup I had befre then that took up half my desk.

congratulations, you are now smarter than Jow Forumseddit

M20's are okay too.

they are good, reddit is shit. personal reviews mean nothing, here and reddit forms a spiral of people meeting each other with the same opinion creating a hug barrier that makes everyone have the same opinion.
The real world is different, objective measurements and Amazon reviews give you a better idea of what are you buying

Just cut it away, they're surprisingly usable with just the foam underneath. (My headband disintegrated before the pads - good job on whatever you did to keep it going six years.)

If you can find them
>philips SHP9500
If not, get
>M40X
But recommended changing the pads on the m40s

been using the M50x since they were released, the earpads will flake in a year or two, just replace them with cheap chinkshit from aliexpress, absolutely no reason to buy expensive earpad replacements.

the headband will flake, too, but that's more difficult to replace.

sound quality is very good, and these headphones will basically last you a lifetime.

worth every penny

Just buy takstar pro 82

>takstar pro 82
see

what are the best $120 speakers i can buy? including amp

They make a bluetooth version now.

Bluetooth version sound different form original though.

>MDR7506
>Known to be utter memed trash.
No one who buys quality headphones holds up MDR7506 as one of the quality sets.

Yeah I noticed, it still works really well with just the foam. Right now it looks like this.

Attached: ss (2019-05-15 at 15.37.33).jpg (1484x991, 274K)

Also, it's time for another pair of replacement pads soon

Attached: ss (2019-05-15 at 15.41.31).png (1050x990, 1.92M)

They're also cooler, let air in, sometimes you wouldn't want some pleather sweat dome on each ear.
I'd say you should have closed and open headphones, also some VE Monk style earbuds, for when it's too hot in your room etc and don't want to have huge earmuffs on. I personally can't stand ear dildos, the ones that violate your holes. Where you can hear yourself pulse etc.

lol what a retard

This

Attached: why not both.jpg (960x720, 263K)

Keep laffin waxy ears.

my original M50's are still going strong after 8 years

After 7 years of abusing the shit out of these they’re finally starting to break down. When I mean abuse I mean throwing them from one side of the room to the other like an autist. Sound and build quality and second to none for the price range.

kek retard, this is your mind on Jow Forums memes

it hurts my head when i wear mine, pic related is me

Attached: 14863472849861.jpg (680x598, 54K)

>kek retard, this is your mind on Jow Forums memes
>lol what a retard
Two posts containing the word retard as the only rebuttal of my claim that the headphones are over hyped crap
No description as to exactly what they offer in terms of audio quality or comfort.
Lel really makes me think.

Attached: 784512.jpg (320x284, 16K)

Get a BTR3 instead, it supports AptX HD and LDAC, can be used wired and will work with any other headphones. Literally just ordered mine to use with my M50x.

lol doing mental gymnastics is not an argument xD "retard"

hehehhhehheh
>lol doing mental gymnastics is not an argument xD "retard"
I see how the idea of thinking about something is alien to you, very childish. Is that 'trolling'?
What a tit, bet you saw David Lynch wearing the headphones and think they're cool.
LMAO

Attached: 1548616655727.gif (320x240, 2.65M)

Where do I look for the original ones? Bought some replacement pads of Amazon with very good ratings and they messed my sound really hard

What's a good amp for my DT990 with 250ohms?

>cheaper
They're extremely overhyped and now that they're discontinued people are actually asking over 150 for them.

They're hard to find, but I got them from x0.at/xmQ.txt

>Care about sound
>closed headphone
>colored as fuck
No. You got it backwards. Go for Open and Neutral. Examples include hd600, hd6xx, hd579, k702, ad900, shp5900.

Attached: 1539927042561.png (1024x1097, 234K)

No i prefer the Shure SRH840. Oh, $120? Shure SRH440

It's personal preference so reviews are subjective. Some people are okay with boosted bass, I am not because I make music, therefore you fucked up kys