>NEVER use only a single stick
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>Consider 75hz display minimum; 60hz are old models
>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>AIOs don't change the laws of thermodynamics

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: 1534242687988.jpg (1400x1399, 712K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/8fPM9J
aliexpress.com/item/AMD-Ryzen-5-1400-R5-1400-3-2-GHz-Quad-Core-CPU-Processor-YD1400BBM4KAE-Socket-AM4/33016343531.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.288.2ac04a1cbxyuaP&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_5_10065_10068_319_10059_10884_317_10887_10696_321_322_10084_453_10083_454_10103_10618_10304_10307_10820_10821_537_10302_536,searchweb201603_52,ppcSwitch_0&algo_expid=e7af37a1-1c65-44a0-b219-ea76efe1a7d5-44&algo_pvid=e7af37a1-1c65-44a0-b219-ea76efe1a7d5
youtube.com/watch?v=Co6FePZoNgE
pcpartpicker.com/list/vwmnxG
pcpartpicker.com/list/BTFc8Y
asus.com/Laptops/X54C/specifications/
gpucheck.com/compare-multi/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-vs-amd-radeon-vii-vs-nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-ti
youtube.com/watch?v=jyRnPgZO09k
support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4457951/windows-guidance-to-protect-against-speculative-execution-side-channel
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>waifushit OPs
Someone make a new thread

Name of artist. I forgot it.

Personally, I'm not crazy about the used 1080Ti as they're still a bit expensive for used and they still largely have worse supported features than GCN 1.0. Still no full Vulkan and DX12 support, poor HDR support, over aggressive lossy compression, etc.
But
>But also why the fuck does the thread and like 5 OP's have deleted next to them?
The spammer who has his pcpp list in the general he makes has been spamming to force the bump limit sooner to make his thread.
It's was 2 OPs. He kept spamming his but his posts were deleted with them. They were deleted since deleting his 20 posts put this thread out of the bump limit. One was the one he made prematurely like usual.

He kept ban evading as well. He's been doing this for months. Just report him when you see his benign non-responses and bait posts.
I'm pretty sure his motive is that he wants his pcpp builds in the OP, and no one else likes his builds and doesn't want them posted. Like he has a $550 2200G build and stuff.

You're getting 80-90 in what you play on 1440p with the 1060?
1070Ti or Vega56 should get you about 50-60% higher FPS.

I wouldn't worry about maxing it out to 144 if it's Freesync. 120 looks around the same and is more reliably achievable to run.

>You're getting 80-90 in what you play on 1440p with the 1060?
This is just based what the internet says, I don't have the monitor yet. It does have Freesync (I'm on a Nvidia card but it should be fine) so I'm hoping it smooths it enough that I won't be tempted to buy the card

>Personally, I'm not crazy about the used 1080Ti as they're still a bit expensive for used
That's fair but aren't all those things you listed issues with the 1000 series in general?

based

Based and milfpilled

New intel vulns, like clockwork. Yet another that can be exploited in Javascript like the last two despite how people repeatedly say they can't be just in hopes that people don't look into them for themselves.
This is why I don't like recommending Intel. I don't see how a placebo difference in FPS is worth being open up to serious vulns that can be executed in JS.
But if someone buys them knowing the risks, that's fine. The problem is how people try and hide the deflect from the risks.
>That's fair but aren't all those things you listed issues with the 1000 series in general?
They are. But 1070Ti is like $220 and 1080Ti is like $450-$500 aren't they? That's twice as much for like 35% better performance.
A card that falls off sooner and gets gimped when you get an HDR monitor and such isn't as bad when it's not so expensive.
I'd recommend Vega 56 more as it's similar performance and more features and doesn't have the planned obsolescence, but 1070TI might be more available in your area used.

Planned obsolescence is only so bad when it's such an expensive card that you'll be upgrading it sooner than later.
You get a cheaper card (or the only one you can find for that price), and by the time you actually get an HDR monitor you have money saved to buy a better card for HDR.

Ya I got my ti for 500 but honestly most of those features aren't really a thing worth investing into until the technology is actually there, and HDR in monitors and gaming is kind of a huge meme, along with Ray tracing annd DLSS and all that shit.

That's why I didn't mind spending more on the graphics card, because I still think DX12 and Vulkan support is going to be incredibly limited for years to come.

Up to you though, you do you, but the features they are pushing now on graphics cards all are just gimmicks at best.

Clueless user here, this is the revised build after getting some help. How does this look for a gaming PC?
I'm using a 1440p 144hz monitor in case that matters

(I'm guessing the component names are still self-explanatory)

Attached: 1550856468338.png (1041x1101, 170K)

do you really need a modular PSU?
get v64 with the downgrade of the modular to a normal PSU
can you improve the memory to at least 3200?
are you certain on the mobo?
isnt the case a tad expensive?

Good OP. Let's keep it this way to avoid shitflinging from brand loyalists.

>Ya I got my ti for 500 but honestly most of those features aren't really a thing worth investing into until the technology is actually there
My point is that while it's fine today, in 1-5 years when you look for a monitor upgrade it's going to be HDR and you're going to lose up to 20% performance using it on Pascal because of that planned obsolescence anti-feature.

That's not so bad when you bought a cheaper card just for now. But in 1-5 years, your 1080Ti is probably still going to be strong enough if not for that 20% FPS loss in certain cases. Plus more Vulkan and DX12 adoption, which Nvidia is finally behind now that Turing supports it 10 years later. So that's a lot to spend for something that's designed to fall off earlier.

So for 1070Ti, I don't think that matters as much if you get a good deal on a used card. But that's why I'd really not recommend 1080Ti at how overpriced they currently are used.

It's like 280X vs 780Ti.
780Ti cost 2.5x as much. It gets 40% higher framerates now. Its value tanked much harder on the used market as Kepler was designed to fall off and Nvidia started neglecting them in drivers sooner than AMD stopped optimizing for GCN 1/1.1.

Pretty good value build thoughI'd think you could get a cheaper/better board like the MSI Gaming Carbon or whatever it is if you need the onboard wifi. That board is fine if it's your only option for the price.
You may want new fans for your case. Try the arctic 120mm PWM value pack.
Drop the NVMeme and HDD and get a 2Tb SU800 or WD Blue SSD instead. You were already told not to get a 5400 RPM "main drive". Those are for NAS and shit.

v64 is like 100 euro more expensive for 10-15% better perf.
And that's what the meshify C normally costs. Good cases are usually around that price.

Attached: used cards.png (3946x5677, 3.54M)

>do you really need a modular PSU?
If you have more than 1 PSU it is very nice when they both are modular. When trouble shooting it is fast and easy to swap the PSU to see if that is the culprit.

Yep, nobody even reads the OP anyway. Budget builders will continue to buy AMD while high end will always go Intel, doesn't matter what the fuck the "recommendations" of the day are.

Considering an upgrade to my 1060 when Valve Index drops in June. Will anythong from the 16 series let me use 144 Hz for this or do I need a 20, and how much of a difference is 2080 vs 2080Ti?

Also, price projections? Is it worth looking for a 1080Ti that hasn't been mined to hell?

Attached: 1557434679802.jpg (1053x720, 43K)

i also know they are good for SFF but i wouldnt use them on a regular rig unless im also doing custom sleeving

>Good cases are usually around that price
wow thats expensive, i wouldnt sink more that 50 usd on a case unless i need something specific of it

I have a 4690k and my only CPU options are to get a new mobo+CPU or to get a 4790k but its a huge gypping festival on ebay.

Attached: cuntel.png (1471x801, 500K)

The problem is it doesn't help people who don't know where to start and have trouble figuring out what parts they need for what they're doing.
Some do. It has helped keep down certain questions like M.2 vs NVMe and to help keep people from getting those overpriced 120gb SSDs.

>Also, price projections? Is it worth looking for a 1080Ti that hasn't been mined to hell?
Literally 3 posts above yours.

>wow thats expensive, i wouldnt sink more that 50 usd on a case unless i need something specific of it
I spent $150 on mine. No regrets.

used anything is really good because they will likely do you good for like half the price.

1660ti will max 1080p144hz monitor. if you want the 1440p144 2080 should be sufficient, i think. dont know about futureproofing tbqh i dont expect rtx to age well mostly because noone is announcing more RTX based games

I was one of the guys asking about 1080s last thread, is it worth waiting for the 1180 to be announced to get a pricedrop on the 1080?

When I upgrade my monitor I'll probably need to get a new graphics card anyways, I basically swap them out every 3~ years give or take, but I still don't see HDR or DX12 really being super necessary until they're an actual leap in technology.

>waiting for the 1180 to be announced
The what now?

yeah man, that's ebay jew money sucking clueless fags, you're kinda fucked.

If you are a creator then upgrade when you need it. If you are a gamer then wait untill CP2077.

>If you are a gamer then wait until Star Citizen
ftfy

The RTX 2080 without ray tracing that's generally considered to be very likely
Gonna sift through the shitposting and just take this as "get the 1080"

what about AliExpress or Taobao?

>generally considered to be very likely
First I've heard of it.

People on eBay aren't dumb: they know you don't want to buy another mobo (or CPU), RAM and all that shit. I own a 6600K, and while the CPU itself is rather cheap, the mobos are almost at retail price. They know you don't want to buy that stuff again, ESPECIALLY if you're still using DDR3. At least with DDR4 and RAM prices crashing, they don't have as much leverage.

>First I've heard of it.
Either way, I'm seeing the RTX 2080 on Best Buy's site and wondering why I shouldn't just buy this for $800

You either get a 4790 non-k which is much cheaper, but at least smoother than even a 5Ghz 4690k, or you can get a new motherboard and 2600/X for the price of that CPU alone.
That's the situation Intel created for you. I regretted getting the 2500k instead of one with hyperthreading as well.
Why ask that without looking yourself? Why just assume it's cheaper on aliexpress when it's not?

Are their side of things, they've been sitting on inventory for years and want to make a decent profit.

Why do people keep recommending 1660Ti when Vega56 is cheaper yet faster?
Can't tell if ignorant, or just brand loyal.

Don't think Nvidia will do that. It'll be admitting that RTX is a failure. It's the same reason they won't price 2060 down to match Vega 56, even though the 2060 is too weak to run its advertised features but it still has the RTX name.

You can get Radeon VII for $685, plus it comes with $45-$55 of games that you can resell. That's better.

a huge gamble but they sell xeon+mobo+memory combos for piss cheap so

yeah i just might sell my 4690k+mobo+RAM for a new platform if it ends up costing the same and is more updated.

>Why ask that without looking yourself?
Can't you see I'M BUSY HERE!?

>Taobao or Aliexpress
>Huge gamble
Hardly

My retarded ass GPU wont go above 20% fan speed unless I forcefully make it in the AMD control thing, and right now I am trying to fix it, but I couldn't really bother that much, I might as well just build a new PC, I mean I am still running my 10 year old phenom 2 and I think its time for an update
What do you guys thing I should look at considering I don't want to spend more than 400-500 dollars for a motherboard,CPU and GPU? I just want to be able to run newer games comfortably
I heard AMD have some good entry level CPU's, and nvidia made some ok entry level GPU, but I am not that familiar with whats happening nowadays
Care to spoonfeed a normie?

Attached: 1556699217478.jpg (805x1349, 155K)

>3 new critical Intel CPU bugs
LMAO

honestly zen 2 might be a stress free buy after all

Attached: c6b.png (1000x1000, 177K)

Security patches don't matter.

Attached: 1556496933679.png (1316x1634, 85K)

>You can get Radeon VII for $685, plus it comes with $45-$55 of games that you can resell. That's better.
Actually considering this now, trying to figure out major differences between it and the 2080

dont forget novidya got a brand new one too

>the no big tiddie AMD Mommy

Hello Jow Forums,
my friend who has been abusing benzodiazepines and opioids hardcore for the last 5 months wants to stop and is looking for new hobbies. He has asked me to build a pc for him so he can get back into gaming. He will not do anything else with it and he doesnt know shit about tech stuff.

So far i have come up with pic related, link to it here: pcpartpicker.com/list/8fPM9J
I will buy a windows 10 license for like 20€ instead of the 130€ fuckery they offer and have looked at buying options of the parts for my country (germany). In actuality, the build will cost around 900€.

Do you have any recommendations or advice?
Are there any parts I could swap for slightly weaker parts without a significant drop in performance to save some money? 900€ is a bit much I think and even though he didn't tell me an exact limit, I think around 800€ would be better.

Attached: 79bcac9a9202fcd1ac0d3920c27ce032.png (1442x771, 99K)

Is this now the real thread or will autists still make 50 others?

>Alternate
Mindfactory can build PCs for you too as far as I know while paying 200 less.

He won't stop drug abuse for those, you're better off just telling him to smoke weed so he has a far less harmful vice

Have you tried setting fan curves?
What temp is it even reaching?
Why do you need a new CPU, too?

You didn't give enough information, anyway.
~$400 can get you 2600X+board+RAM+RX570.

It uses 10 more watts, which is a huge deal according to some shills, but has more VRAM and AMD GPU tend to age better.
$800 is really expensive for only 8GB of VRAM.
8GB might be enough for 1440p for some time, but you never know with a new console generation coming next year which'll have more shared memory.
The cooler isn't great, but given how much cheaper it is you can use those savings to get a much better cooler than any stock cooler is like Morpheus 2 or water cooling. It's still a lot better than a blower.

d12s or u12 instead of that noctua, should allow for better OC
thats a pretty solid build for 1080p60. could get a 1080p144 monitor and see how well it works

also drop the disk drive, add a fan or 3 to ensure airflow on the mobo

>It uses 10 more watts, which is a huge deal according to some shills, but has more VRAM and AMD GPU tend to age better.
>$800 is really expensive for only 8GB of VRAM.
>8GB might be enough for 1440p for some time, but you never know with a new console generation coming next year which'll have more shared memory.
>The cooler isn't great, but given how much cheaper it is you can use those savings to get a much better cooler than any stock cooler is like Morpheus 2 or water cooling. It's still a lot better than a blower.

Based on my limited research it seems the 2080 still outperforms the Raedon but the Raedon does seem like a lot more for the money. Asking this is a completely sincere way, if the 2080 outperforms the Raedon does the extra memory on the latter really matter?

Yeah, it's garbage. You've castrated that CPU with a shit mobo and shit cooling solution, and even if you hadn't the 580 is wasted on a 9600K. Pick a 2600/2600X build, or wait for Computex at the end of the month to see what happens. And your "friend" needs to quit... or you need to quit your friend. It's tough, but it is what it is: addicts really aren't worth your time. They drag you along with their bullshit.

tell us your rig, the usual 1080p60 gaming is like 700 usd

570 is honeslty not ideal for 1080p, 580 is more like it

Did they test AMD too this time or only Intel as always? At this point it might be better not to get a PC

Radeon VII is not a gaming card, do with that information what you want.

>Drop the NVMeme
I'm guessing you mean the SSD?
>You were already told not to get a 5400 RPM "main drive". Those are for NAS and shit.
Yeah it didn't go unnoticed, though I was kinda clueless about alternatives
A 1/2 TB SU800 isn't currently available on my website, a 1TB WD Blue SSD would be an option. I'm guessing 560 MB/s is more than enough for gaming then?

Get 2600X instead. Not even going to mention the board and CPU combo you have there.
Use the stock cooler or something better. Why the fuck would you use that cooler in a full sized case?
Get a better PSU. Can you not see the user reviews on that one?
GPU is really overpriced. You shouldn't be paying more than 180-190 for an RX580.
You can get a 1tB SSD for $10-$20 more.
For $1000, you really could be getting a higher refresh rate or 1440p capable build with Vega 56 if you didn't mess up so much on pretty much ever component choice here.
Ignore the U12S sugggestion, as it's also really overpriced and blowing your budget. For its $60 you can get a much better heatsink like the Ninja 5.

Overall, quite a bad build.

It depends on game. It's like +5% in some games, -10% in some others. For the price, yeah it's better.
But even ignoring price, I hate the idea of $800 for an 8Gb card at all. The 1080Ti had 11Gb for cheaper. The card is going to fall off sooner as games more often use more VRAM. That shouldn't happen with such an expensive card.

Nah, they are dumb, i can build a better rig that's going to be supported for a few more years for barely any money plus i'll have warranty on some of the parts too.

aliexpress.com/item/AMD-Ryzen-5-1400-R5-1400-3-2-GHz-Quad-Core-CPU-Processor-YD1400BBM4KAE-Socket-AM4/33016343531.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.288.2ac04a1cbxyuaP&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_5_10065_10068_319_10059_10884_317_10887_10696_321_322_10084_453_10083_454_10103_10618_10304_10307_10820_10821_537_10302_536,searchweb201603_52,ppcSwitch_0&algo_expid=e7af37a1-1c65-44a0-b219-ea76efe1a7d5-44&algo_pvid=e7af37a1-1c65-44a0-b219-ea76efe1a7d5

get a cheap AM4 motherboard (b450 tomahawk) and some used DDR4 RAM.

then sell your old shit.

>Did they test AMD too this time or only Intel as always?
Did you read it, fucknugget?
Or DID you read it, but are posting that to deflect, hoping you'll trick others into not reading it?

I am setting up temperature curves atm
It seems to just climb and climb, I havent seen what it would reach at its peak but it reaxhes 60°C under 5 mins of load, but it seems its throttles so it doesnt heat as fast as it could
I want a new CPU because a few days ago I tried running far cry 5 and it didnt let me start it because it doesnt suport my cpu

>Chimps out
Just give a normal answer you subhuman ape

Average framerate tends to be lower than the 2080, but 1% lows tend to be higher than the 2080. 16gb vram instead of 8gb, which if you plan to keep the card for the next 4-5 years of AAA gaming that will most likely come into effect and make your experience with the 2080 degrade far faster at the end

>Asking this is a completely sincere way, if the 2080 outperforms the Raedon does the extra memory on the latter really matter?
For compute/rendering yes, absolutely. For gaming I have yet to see someone actually PROVE, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that a 2080 is choking on its memory or ever will. The 2080 already doesn't play everything at 60FPS at 4K already. It's unlikely to get any better in the future and neither will the 1080Ti even with the extra VRAM. Or at the very least, you won't be caring about those 8K textures...

My rig is
Phenom 2 x4 955
Radeon R9 270X 2gb
10gb RAM (as far as I am aware there are newer better types of ram and this isnt one of them)
And a shitty HDD

After doing some more research, what about just getting a 2060? According to UserBenchmark it's a 50% increase in performance, compared to the 2080 it's still around the same price/money
I tend to not play AAA trash (though I do play a lot of modern stuff) but based on what I keep reading the 2080 (or 2060?) seems to be the better option
Also
>The 2080 already doesn't play everything at 60FPS at 4K already
Did you mean to put doesn't there?

>Did you mean to put doesn't there?
Yes. At least not maxed on everything. The 2080Ti does max everything at 4K60FPS currently. It's not a big deal considering the severe price difference, you can live with a couple graphic settings on Very High/High instead of ULTRA. The 2060 isn't in the same class as the 2080, it's more of a 1440p/60FPS maxed card.

how old is the HDD?
you might need a new everything tbqh

They aren't dumb because people actually buy that overpriced shit.
They know enough tech to look at ebay, but are too tech illiterate to realize they're better off selling what they have and just buying new instead of the overpriced old stuff.

Part of it is because of the shills' disinformation campaign to trick people into thinking there's been no progress as far as CPUs and platforms go since Sandy Bridge.

>aliexpress
Have you even bothered to look at western sites? I don't get why you keep shilling ali express.
You can get a 2400G for $120, sell the games for $45+, and for $75 you have

Again, Vega56 is a lot cheaper than 2060 and about the same performance. AMD is pretty much always the better option unless you're going 9900k+2080Ti.
Get the Sapphire Pulse or Powercolor Red Dragon models.
>Did you mean to put doesn't there?
Yes, that user meant it doesn't.
Generally you'd be playing 4K with maxed textures, but medium-high most settings, and AA on low/off with a 2080 or Radeon VII. Depends on game. Some games like Forza, RE2, and DmC5 are more optimized and can be played maxed, but it seems like no one even bothers testing their game in 4K to see how badly optimized it is unless it's targetting 4K on the consoles.

However, maxed textures, medium-high other settings, and AA on low/off generally looks great. Can look better than 1440p maxed, because texture resolution is A LOT of what makes a game look good.
And as the next console generation comes with even higher resolution textures, that 8Gb of VRAM is likely to hold the 2080 back. The PS5 is presumed to have 12-16Gb.

Okay so you do want to upgrade everything.
Then yes as I said, 2600/X + B450 board + 2x8Gb of 3200CL16 RAM + RX570. Might be around $450, but you can sell the games the CPU and GPU come with if you're in the US.
You'd also want a 500gb-1TB SSD, too, which is going to add $50-$100.

1070 and 1660ti is basically the same card right?

looking for a 1080p@60 $1000 CAD build not sure where to start besides a 2600x

I'm new to building computers and shit and I want to avoid Windows 10 like the plague. Are there any brands that still have driver support for Windows 7/8.1

>The 2060 isn't in the same class as the 2080, it's more of a 1440p/60FPS maxed card.
I currently get 144hz consistently at 1080p on my current card, I'd assume a +53% performance increase would offset the 1440p

do you not belive in RTX memery? get a gtx 1060
do you accept buy used? GTX are dirt cheap specially for a 1080p60 that can be maxed with a 1060. a 1070 should let you fool aroudn with 144hz monitors or a future 1440p upgrade
is it for productivity work? the AMD drones can give you all the pointers

its dead jim. get linux or accept w10

Except for the VRAM, they're close.
1070 better for older games, 1660Ti better than newer.
Or you just get the Vega56 which is always better than both for about the same or less as the 1660Ti.

b450 tomahawk, rx570 but try to get a decent one, 3200CL16 RAM, SU800, WD Blue, Mushkin Source, A1000, or some other 3D-TLC NAND SSD at 500GB-1TB. Should be doable at that budget, just try and put a PCPP together.

>The 2080Ti does max everything at 4K60FPS currently
Lmao no it doesn't. It only gets around 30fps in a lot of games. Wtf not even close.
If your CPU does 144 at 1080p, it'll do it at 1440p.

Win7 is EoL in a few months.
Your other option is Kubuntu, Pop OS, or whatever.

Nobody gives a shit about 8.1. Try Linux.
>youtube.com/watch?v=Co6FePZoNgE

>I currently get 144hz consistently at 1080p on my current card
Which is?

2600 or 2600X, B450 Pro 4, 3000 CL15 or 3200 CL16 memory, RX 580 or RX 590 or 1660.

>It only gets around 30fps in a lot of games. Wtf not even close
Aight, show the benches. Modded stuff need not to apply, neither does MH World.

He's been smoking weed non stop for years, the other shit is on top of that.
He's been a friend long before he became an addict. Me and other friends often feel like quitting, believe me, but he can still get back on the right track so we won't abandon him, especially since he's asking for help. That's what friends are for.
I swapped the i5-9600K for a 2600X, removed the CPU-cooler, got a different PSU, got a different SSD with 960GB for 100€. I also got a different Motherboard.
I am paying 170€ for the RX580, ignore the price on the pcpartpicker site.

pic related is the new build, link to it here: pcpartpicker.com/list/vwmnxG

thank you so far, do you have any further recommendations or is the build good?

Attached: 7112aff137795cb2f6b1f5e080513d25.png (1444x615, 83K)

I got the cpu and motherboard for free, already have case, psu etc.. pcpartpicker.com/list/BTFc8Y
I'm thinking the ram may not be as substantial as it should be towards the near future.

i forgot to add, the price for this build is about 820€

the ram should be 2800 or better
intel still needs quality ram to do good, specially because thats the overclockable type of i5
that will do 1080p60 easily. the GPU should do 1440p somewhat

I've never built anything with ddr4 and I was afraid of running into compatibility issues, or having to oc the ram. I'm probably going to run older games at 144hz.

That's the board and CPU I have minus the GPU. It's boring but it works. I just lock everything at 60FPS with Riva Tuner. I managed to OC my RAM to 3000CL15, but that also forced me to raise the voltages on my CPU OC @4.5GHz even higher, which I haven't delidded and isn't a golden sample anyway, more like a dud. Still glancing at Computex to see what could happen.

It's better. Keep the Samsung SSD, you could get a Versa H15 if you're not too picky about the case but still need that 5.25" bay. You can also change your country on PCpartpicker, but it doesn't necessarily represent all the best prices at all vendors.

>believe me, but he can still get back on the right track so we won't abandon him, especially since he's asking for help
I suppose it's different if you knew him before. That said, I believed many people when they said that shit. You're unfortunately not the first one and won't be the last. Hope it works out for you, but I'm not optimistic.

So this is semi related since it's about a laptop expansion. I have Asus x54c laptop which has a RAM expansion slot, but nowhere on the computer or in the manual does it say what is the maximum capacity the board can receive. DDR3 RAM . How much should I put in it?

Bottom of the page user, you really didn't try at all.
>asus.com/Laptops/X54C/specifications/

Doesn't this mean the 9900k shouldn't be recommended?
Google has disabled hyperthreading on ChromeOS.
Microsoft is likely to follow.

>Aight, show the benches. Modded stuff need not to apply, neither does MH World.
Can you seriously not find them yourself?

According to techspot/hwub, though not the best source, it doesn't get 60 in a SINGLE GAME they tested.
But here's another source which does show it getting it in about half, though I don't think these are max settings.
>gpucheck.com/compare-multi/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-vs-amd-radeon-vii-vs-nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-ti

That's better, for a start.
Do you really need an opticaldrive?
What about monitor?
>I am paying 170€ for the RX580
Mark the price with the cog. It confuses the shit out of people trying to help if you don't do that.
>got a different SSD with 960GB for 100€
Can you not get a 3D-TLC NAND one for similar, as listed earlier? If not, eh that's fine. Better than overpaying for the 860 at least.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/BTFc8Y
>I got the cpu and motherboard for free
Sell them and get something good instead. I see the 6600k going for at least $100 on ebay and you can probably get $100 for the board as well.

Attached: 4K.png (1388x2535, 122K)

What waifus are those

if the mobo cpu and ram is compatible having the correct ram and just enabling XMP profile will do you good. you dont need to oc it, just get something with better base speed

I really don't need to upgrade it was just good fortune that I happened upon these parts, If sell those for $200 and sell my current i5 2500k complete system for another $200, that's $400 which wont even cover the cost of the parts I'm currently planning to purchase, I'm also picking up a viewsonic 144hz monitor for $200.

why is the i5 8700 not being recommend anymore?
it's miles better than the ""newer"" 9xxx series which are basically all 6T chips on crack, which seem to give a high average framerate in games but more stuttering.

How well did this stock paste do after 8 years? Not too sure when it stopped actually conducting heat.

Attached: 20190514_125905.jpg (1210x681, 383K)

>Can you seriously not find them yourself?
You literally cannot read their bench. That's the performance increase per game vs. the 1080Ti, not the average FPS. If you were somewhat critical, you would've noticed that 37FPS on GTA or 28 on Battlefield were very suspect. Or you could've watched their video instead.
>youtube.com/watch?v=jyRnPgZO09k

So I'm trying to undervolt my 2600x on my msi b450m mortar and managed an offset of -0.625V which is great but I've noticed that the all core boost and single core boost have dropped. Is this where LLC comes in? I can bo between LLC 1-8 but I'm not even sure if a higher number means higher voltage or not

The AMD architectures overall are that high to maintain stock clocks, you can't drop down too much before seeing performance degradation. Did you use PBO?

poorly, but paste wasnt supposed to last more that 5y
when it crumbles or crack it stops conducting heat properly. thats why intel delid memery are so common, you gotta reapply that paste between IHS and chip every 5 years.

amd shilling tbqh
even i7 stutter due to low core count. afaik you need 12 threads to prevent CPU stutter

Yeah PBO is enabled and I have set the limits higher too. I just remember seeing 4.25ghz single core boost and now its 4.17ghz. Does the LLC setting not combat that?

READ THE THREAD HOLY SHIT WHY ARE YOU SO DUMB.

taste it and see.

You're right, I missed that. Still not 60 in everything like you claimed. Thanks for pointing that out.

It might just be detecting it's about to crash with that voltage lowered if it boosts higher.

Attached: a more trustworthy vendor.png (736x1189, 108K)

>Microsoft is likely to follow
Spoke too late.
As of 6 hours ago, their guidance is already to disable HT
>support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4457951/windows-guidance-to-protect-against-speculative-execution-side-channel

8700k and 9900k are now an 8600k and 9700k.
Intel likely knew of this 2 years ago but sold them anyway to scam people. Look out for your upcoming class action lawsuit, you might at least get $30 back or some shit.

>afaik you need 12 threads to prevent CPU stutter
this is Jow Forums now

the i5 8700 got just that, the only thing it doesnt have is the unlocked multiplier which i'm fine with.
Doesn't matter for me tbqh, gonna be used for gayman and shitposting, if an agency is interested in my funny cat pictures then they can go to town.

Are the Chinese 120 mm fans any good?

if you have internet banking or does shopping on your PC including trhu steam, you need to rethink that

you gotta look deep. akasa did me good tho, and i hear good things about some of the aigo fans. if you want non RGB i quite frankly find them cheaper on chink sites, but they are also louder