Software adds option(s) to the right click context menu

>software adds option(s) to the right click context menu
Why is this allowed?

Attached: Illya bleh.png (426x445, 199K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s00ZjHzRPJ2K
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because there are many times you would actually want that.

That's cool, as long as you can control it. Ideally he OS would provide a central configuration menu for the context menu entries.

>Because there are many times you would actually want that

Attached: Loli Smug.png (1280x720, 1.14M)

There is it's called regedit.exe

LOL FREETARDS BTFO

GNU/Linux doesn't have this problem.

ilya a shit

Attached: Illya Die.png (354x428, 150K)

Because edit with notepad++ is the most important thing in Windows

Additional context menu options are great, you're an idiot if you think otherwise.

>right click file
>able to open it in gvim/notepad/image manip
>able to archive it or multiple files with a couple of clicks instead of opening the archiver and going through a lengthy process of finding and selecting the files you want to archive, then clicking a few more buttons to actually begin process

Wow if only there was an 'Open With' context menu built into the OS. Too bad that isn't a thing

not when you have dozens of them you never used and never asked for

I fucking hate how programs can mess with system shit on Windows and you can't do anything about it unless you are willing to drive into the mess that is the registry.

the registry is just a database. It doesn't actually do anything on it's own. People being anal about registry cleaning is a complete meme. It barely effects computer peformance in any way

There is but np++ is such a common secondary option I like having it right there. I also like 7zip's very explicit menu options.

Open with doesn't include optional parameters for the executable you retard. If you open a folder or a selection of files in an archiver it will at best open a window to the directory located and at worst try to open every single file selected in a separate window and treat them as archives.

What the fuck are you taking about. I just said that registry is a mess and having to use it to remove some file associations, startup entries, context menu entries and shit like that is a fucking pain in the ass and should be handled with something on Control Panel in the first place. I also hate how a single damn file can hold so many important shit. Fuck registry and fuck everything that touches it.

>fuck the registry
>the control panel should list the possibly tens of thousands of modifiable entries instead of keeping them in the registry
You're retarded.

Read what I posted again, faggot. I'm not saying that everything should be on Control Panel, only shit that really affects the user like some things I mentioned. Also, registry is a terrible idea and it's still around only because Microsoft can't change the mess that is WIN32 without breaking compatibility with ancient shit. Registry would only be a good idea if it only handled system related stuff, but since any program can touch it and modify at will, it is the mess that it is.

>file associations
>startup entries
>context entries
So you ARE retarded, got it. Context entries aren't static, you can set them dynamically based on file-type and based on specific paths or file manager instance types like the file picker. In a modern system the amount of different file extensions can be close to several hundred or more. Startup entries are generally handled within the individual software itself, and if not, usually within a "startup" folder or as a policy rule, not in the registry. If you think exposing all of these options to the control panel is a good idea, and that it would be an effective way to manage it, you're retarded. Next time, instead of thinking you know well enough to make a suggestion, do some fucking research and spend some time thinking about the consequences of those changes beyond the immediately obvious.

ok "retard"

Jesus Christ, you are actually retarded.

>Context entries aren't static, you can set them dynamically based on file-type and based on specific paths or file manager instance types like the file picker.
Sure, but how can you remove or manage them without resorting to the registry? There's no fucking way, only if your program offers the option, which almost never happens. And good luck when uninstalling random programs that created these, there's a high chance they won't remove them. And just for you know, they aren't even under a single key on registry, they are scattered in a bunch of places under HKCR.
>Startup entries are generally handled within the individual software itself, and if not, usually within a "startup" folder or as a policy rule, not in the registry.
lmao, no they aren't, and I literally never seen a software asking if you want an entry or not, they 'usually' only ask if you want it to run at startup, the entry always get created and the same issue as the one I mentioned above can happen. I don't even remember the last time some program created a shortcut under that Startup folder, programs just create an entry under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run nowadays.
>If you think exposing all of these options to the control panel is a good idea, and that it would be an effective way to manage it, you're retarded.
You are clearly the retard here, every single major OS other than Windows provide some way to customize these by GUIs or by command line. But if you want to chase these on Windows, no no no, you have to browse through some shitty database from the 90's full of ancient garbage and pray to find the thing you want to edit.

>Next time, instead of thinking you know well enough to make a suggestion, do some fucking research and spend some time thinking about the consequences of those changes beyond the immediately obvious.
The irony lmao, get a fucking brain, ape. I've been dealing with that shit before you were even born.

>hating on 7-zip's context menu

>Why is this allowed?
Because of Illya's c*nny.

Attached: 56092838b617593cdcc1c0a44967d332.jpg (1719x2439, 580K)

7zip and Winrar are disgusting to look at and largely unnecessary. Windows is unironically the best program for opening .zip files. I only have 7zip in case I absolutely need to open a .rar or .7z file. Which in today's age is becoming quite rare.

woah there user you certainly owned that other user! computer users BTFO

thanks

Attached: 1290381209324.png (189x164, 50K)

because you're using software that was made for the express purpose of taking your money. they don't give a shit if you like it as long as you already paid for it.

Uh most of the time you see this crap with freetardware. Isn't adding items to the context menu without permission against that gnufaggot hippie code or something?

i've only ever had this happen on windows. linux doesn't have anything like regedit sitting around with its legs spread wide open.

Yeah but unfortunately I'm an adult with a real job so Windows is my only option.

>Watching anime is a job now
I use Linux at work every day.

they most often have options to do this during installation of an application and the USER has chosen to add these options. they're also easy to remove. are you computer illiterate?

No one is saying they're hard to remove. The problem is that they exist at all. It's a step just above fucking toolbars

> durr i use windows
> durr i use Linux at work every day.
wow, congratulations, you incompetent faggots. nobody cares.

>No one is saying they're hard to remove
I'm saying shut the fuck up crying. they exist because they're useful, and they're ALWAYS an option that a user has clicked on or set by default. it's not forced and is nowhere near the same level of cancer that toolbars are at. and fuck me, TOOLBARS ARE FOR BROWSERS, not fucking windows.

you are dumb cunt. fuck off, moron.

>they exist because they're useful
Wrong

This and HxD's. I like being able to open anything in a hex editor with a couple clicks.

>they're ALWAYS an option that a user has clicked on or set by default
wrong

.7z compression is tighter than .zip

this.
its an option because its useful.
i have only ever seen it happen with utilities like bleachbit or qttabbar which are typically open-source

>I have a job
>outside of it I just play games and post on chinese boards that I actually have a job
>I have a job and thats all I am
Im impressed at how Windows brainwashing machine works, leading people to contribute nothing to the world but the usage of windows

Just remove them brainlet

Attached: basaka.png (1920x1080, 1.55M)

vocaroo.com/i/s00ZjHzRPJ2K

>animu girl
nice

Attached: 2snapshot_22.19.png (1920x1080, 2.8M)

Attached: 1555844433502.png (850x1200, 342K)

>anime
>greentext dislike
>bot-centric question
>bot replies

Go back to your containment website, bot.

Yes, that is the place. I'm sick to shit with all the bot posts on Jow Forums in the past years. It just gets worse as more newfags think those posts are memes.

Attached: Idiots Stupid People Good Company Peers.jpg (800x500, 108K)

Nice picture of Descartes.

Imagine being upset about anime on an anime website

So did you cum or not?

Attached: 1551205759394.jpg (376x284, 17K)

Most of the time the program lets you decide if you want it or not during the installation process.

That's simply not true.

>install KLite codecs
>play with MPCHC
>Add to MPCHC playlist
>Mediainfo
Who thought this was acceptable?