Firefox is becoming Chrome Jr.
Chrome is a botnet
Where do we go from here?

Attached: browsers.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/gorhill/uMatrix/releases/tag/1.1.4
addons.basilisk-browser.org/addon/ematrix/
github.com/gorhill/uBlock/releases/tag/firefox-legacy-1.16.4.10
itpro.co.uk/desktop-software/29904/jon-von-tetzchner-lets-retake-the-web-with-regulation
spyware.neocities.org/articles/browsers.html
forum.vivaldi.net/category/43/customizations-extensions
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I use my Mom, she navigates real fucked up shit for me, so if the FBI find out, my Mom go to jail instead of me.

>What browser are you using and why?
Firefox. It's what I'm used to.

>Firefox is becoming Chrome Jr.
No really. That was the case for a while, but it seems to have stopped.

firstly what is a botnet
secondly which eats the most ram, and which eats the least

I use Pale Moon, but I've been trying to use Lynx for teh lulz. Has anyone been able to figure out a work around for captcha? It's almost unusable because of it

Attached: 1536005214438.jpg (500x500, 55K)

FF became even more a resource hog, yet it still leaks memory and requires regular restarts or it bogs down and malufunctions

and their policy is a load crookshit and hypocrisy - like we've just seen they are willing to compromise the product for everyone just to be be able to ban something out of thier political reasons

Icecat ofc

Attached: 2019-05-14-224916_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 194K)

Pic related

Attached: Anotasi 2019-05-15 085001.jpg (1366x728, 203K)

icecat.
the only browser that isn't a botnet

Attached: pale meme.png (240x240, 80K)

>FF became even more a resource hog, yet it still leaks memory and requires regular restarts or it bogs down and malufunctions
Are you using it on Windows? I don't see any of that on any of the Linux builds.

>and their policy is a load crookshit and hypocrisy - like we've just seen they are willing to compromise the product for everyone just to be be able to ban something out of thier political reasons
You can not use signature verification off if you don't like it. It's there to protect your grandmother from the "amazinginternet.com" toolbar.

Safari. Based and redpilled.

Waterfox, I recommend it especially if you think what you say about Firefox

My coworker recommended it to me. So far im thinking that or Vivaldi

Icecat, it’s the only sane choice.

I use seamonkey, brave, and opera 12.18

I've been using Vivaldi and, surprisingly, it's bretty fucking gud...

Chrome mainly, firefox as a backup since it agrees with some websites better.

Just chrome, easy and fastest solution.

same. its the most customizable and feature rich browser ive tried. chromium fork but apparently closed all the holes. just look at that scrollbar.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-15_07-00-29.png (960x800, 89K)

see except ignore the suggestion of brave, it is the absolute worst meme

this
also vertical tabs

seamonkey is great but the other two are based on chrome...

hi newfriend

Attached: opera.png (1283x684, 114K)

waterfox
cause my vertical tabs, decent addons and xpi. Also ublock+umatrix works very well.

duckduckgo is the browser is use. pretty good

Midori

recently switched from safari to firefox.

only reason i switched is because there is no good adblocker for safari

crash my shit up

Opera because battery saver placebo

Opera 12
The answer is always Opera 12

Icecat, litterally perfect browser

Attached: Basilisk_Web_Browser_Logo.png (300x240, 24K)

Are there any more tweaks or addons I need for privacy or is it good to go right out of the box?

Is there any HIGHLY CUSTOMIZABLE web browser that has uMatrix and uBlock?
If not, I'm not switching away from firefox forks.

Edge canary
Chromium
QtBrowser

do u have any privacy config tips for it?
librefox style?

seegithub.com/gorhill/uMatrix/releases/tag/1.1.4
or
addons.basilisk-browser.org/addon/ematrix/
and
github.com/gorhill/uBlock/releases/tag/firefox-legacy-1.16.4.10

safari for macos, literally the most comfy browser.

ff on windows

youll need the standard complement of umatrux, ublock origin, https everywhere, decentraleyes, multi account containers, etc. im terms of actual settings its basically good to go. the new tab page has a a dozen or so checkboxes that youll want to look at, but its obvious and easy to use

Attached: New Moon.png (708x445, 167K)

How do Vivaldi devs earn money?

Firefox because it's comfy.

Attached: 3502ae583e.png (1201x1218, 72K)

All of that is one reason why von Tetzchner has self-funded Vivaldi – it gives him the control to build the browser he wants. "It isn't a financial play," he says. "There are no other investors. The reason for that is we don't want to sell the company and go public, we just want to provide the best possible services."

Right now, Vivaldi is losing money – von Tetzchner's money – but he expects the software company to start generating profits soon enough. It earns revenue by providing a few services and affiliate links; when a user clicks through, Vivaldi gets a cut.

The aim is to earn a dollar per year per user. "We're almost there," he says. "I think we can do more than that and still be nice guys and not sell out our users or do anything silly."

Source: itpro.co.uk/desktop-software/29904/jon-von-tetzchner-lets-retake-the-web-with-regulation

>The aim is to earn a dollar per year per user.
I'd much rather pay the fucker one shekels per year to use his browser than to have him sell out to all the fucking ad tracking bullshit. Think if people set up a "gofund me" or whatever to get him the chase he wants for his browser, or would he then just raise how much he wants?

I don't think it's tracking, he's talking about search engines and the speed dial links that come with the browser.

icecat and torbrowser
tell me why this isnt the 2 best browsers
>protip: you cant

opera is owned by china now

Isn't Vivaldi sending a bunch of data to their servers?

it is their private data anyway.
Unlike Discords

Does anyone remember the best Chrome alternative stripped down from spybot?

>hurrr botnets
Firefox: Crash reporting vs. telemetry which can be turned off.
Chrome: NSA backdoor.
>proof me wrong.

anyone else use waterfox here? I find that I can pretty easily port a lot of legacy addons to it

>FF became even more a resource hog, yet it still leaks memory and requires regular restarts or it bogs down and malufunctions
Lmao what kind of piece of shit machines are you on?

Iridium

ff

Attached: 2019_05_15_21_08_46.webm (360x640, 1.19M)

I installed pale moon and followed this guide here spyware.neocities.org/articles/browsers.html for the best privacy. Is it just placebo? Also is adblock latitude the only adblocker on pale moon?

We need to revive and complete Netrunner.

EVERY
FUCKING
DAY
THE
SAME
SHITTY
THREAD

using kiwi on my celly and ungoogled chromium on my chinkbook

lynx.

Why is there no consensus on the best browseR?

Ungoogled chromium?

What's the point of decentraleyes?
Genuine question, I've only ever used ublock and umatrix

I use chrome for Jow Forums and i use waterfox for "gathering" and I use Edge for work stuff and certain sites that act weird

Which browser is compatible with syncing?

Firefox is bad, but all other browsers are worse, so I stick with that.

The same browser I've used the last 400 times you made this thread. Firefox.

vivaldi of course.
for advanced customizations check forum forum.vivaldi.net/category/43/customizations-extensions

Attached: vivaldi-logo.png (2560x1440, 49K)

it has amazing features (tab stacking should be a mandatory browser feature nowadays), but unfortunately when you have a lot of tabs open the interface starts getting really laggy, loading and closing tabs causes noticeable stuttering. I really wish this browser was smooth under pressure because it would leave every other browser in the dust.

get a Jow Forums gold account ;-)

>that font
holy shit, are you literally 13 years old?

i wonder about this too.
i've seen decentraleyes in every addons thread ever but i don't even really know what it does.

don't know how much is lot, i regularly use around 50 without any hickup, but that really depends on what pages you open, i have yet to experience what you describe.
however, if you really use a billion of tabs, you are aware you can "hibernate background tabs" in vivaldi by rightclicking the tab bar?

It's definitely noticeable by 50 tabs for me, when I get around 80 it becomes a real bother, feels sluggish, which doesn't happen with other browsers. Some tabs are especially heavy, I remember seeing a vivaldi forum post about outlook mail being a heavy contributor to the lag and some users were able to replicate it, and indeed when I removed it the lag got a bit better. No idea why some tabs specifically make it worse, who knows.

Anyway I used hibernate tabs from time to time but of course that means you have to load every tab over again when you want to view it and you have to remember to do it over time when the browser starts getting heavy again. I think the laggy interface is probably one of the most cited issues for the browser, but some people don't suffer from it at all. I really envy you if you can browse with vivaldi as smoothly as with other browsers, that would be my dream.

Do I just install AdNauseam like I would for Chrome on this/?