Muh work-life balance

>muh work-life balance

Can this normie meme please fucking die? What's so bad about working extra when you're a 20 something with nothing better to do? I could do so much awesome stuff at work but I have to keep apearences and go home in time, only to sit in front of my TV and play gran turismo. This is why the Chinese are getting ahead of Western countries. Fuck this lazy culture.

Work hour flexibility should go both ways. If I want to arrive at 6AM and go home at 10PM I should be free to do so.

(This assuming you get paid overtime or get paid according to your advancements and you actually learn/create stuff at work)

Attached: 1556616512961.jpg (652x960, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i3857
youtu.be/xb_rgQ4IDS8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

get a girlfriend you virgin

Enjoy getting burnout after two years.

>I have to keep apearences and go home in time, only to sit in front of my TV and play gran turismo
maybe address your shit life instead of pushing it upon others

Just take a vacation.

Once you're 50 they'll fire you and get two 25 yo retards that works double hours for half the pay.

>nothing better to do

Don't you have friends, OP? A family? Any relationships?

Attached: 1444168889351.jpg (450x338, 105K)

Start doing psychedelics

>8 hours work
>1 hour break
>2 hours gym
>2 hours commute
>8 hours sleep
Wow, 3 hours free time per day! I wish I had less time in exchange for more money for Mr Schlomo

Nobody is falling for your Jewish tricks. Any time I spend at work is time not spent watching anime.

Do you spend 2 hours a day in the gym? Why?

Because I have to? Humans need at least 10 hours of exercise per week or your test levels drop, and a bunch of other health issues start creeping up.

>waste the best years of your life, physically and mentally (20-40 as a male) working at a job
Hello mr. goldshekel

>you're a 20 something with nothing better to do?

Literally the time of your life where you want to work as little as fucking possible and experience the good shit in life.

get back to work, wagie

Attached: 1557888801896.gif (270x203, 1.91M)

>Humans need at least 10 hours of exercise per week or your test levels drop, and a bunch of other health issues start creeping up.
thats some serious bro-science

Attached: 1557406620758.gif (400x200, 1.72M)

Imagine enjoying being a slave.

are you implying if you dont go to the gym you'll be obese?
just stop eating too much
saves you time and money

Literally google it
I didn't believe him either but I typed "10 hours of exercise per week" and it came up with a bunch of studies on how 6-12 hours of exercise per week reduces risk of such-and-such chronic illnesses. "Test levels" is obvious broscience but the other part looks to be legit

see the thing is i'm at the point in my physical condition where moving the mouse a little too fast or starting to type really fast in discord chats is pretty hard cardio for me

I do 30 min cycling a day + two lifting sessions a week and I'm absolutely fine.

I got literally 10 pages of untrustworthy tabloids and "experts claim"

12-16 of moderate, 6-8 of vigorous. Aka 12-16 hours of 50-70% max heart rate or 6-8 hours of 70-85% max heart rate.
My city has absolute shit tier traffic (The average speed at rush hour is 20-25kph) but decent enough bike ways. So although it adds about 30% to the length of my trip, I'm able to bike to work faster than driving while getting my exercise.

I got a tabloid with a link to a fucking Nature article, so it seems at least somewhat legit
I'd post a link but apparently Nature is spam. Thanks Hiroshima.

then either look for an employer that grants you those daily hours for personal learning or learn at home like most people do. I'm positive you haven't even had a meeting with your boss to talk about your idea.

The metareview that the dailymail mentions is pretty easy to track down
doi: doi.org/10.1136/bmj.i3857

Oh, a correlation = causation study, well I'm convinced

hours commute
move closer to work, there is almost no excuse for this if you don't have kids

I basically told him that I don't have either a partner or children and I'm fine with working long hours to finish projects faster. But I still feel the pressure of leaving at 6PM.

Pretty much this. Once you get burned out it takes a long time to recover. More time than a shitty 2 week long vacation, really.

I get what youre talking about though, OP. Some weekends I wish I could go back to work because there's literally nothing going on in my life at that moment. It's where I'm the most sociable and the most efficient.
But I've seen first hand what too much work does to you. When you get into the "there's nothing going on in my life so I'd rather work" mentality over a couple years it impossible to get out of, and it puts stress on other aspects of your life.
I dont even need to bring up personal stories, just look at Japan. 6 day work weeks, do all those extra hours make them incredibly more efficient nowadays? Fucking nope.

typical slave mentality

Attached: always-leave-office-on-time.jpg (780x1009, 196K)

>working towards your personal goals
>"slave"

No wonder pajeets are poor as fuck.

>2 hours/day at the gym
What do you do there? Go on your phone and waste space?

your personal goals are making someone else rich?

Just stay at work then, if the last one leaving your office asks why you're still here say you "only have to finish this last thing". Depending on your location you also have to think of some laws, if I work more than 10h a day I'm not insured by my workplace anymore.
>move closer to work
not that user but most big cities are like that. my commute by car is 18miles and takes an hour in rush-hour traffic, 30min without it.
My coworkers who live in the city need 20-30min per subway and an hour per car. Also rent would be 300-500€ more.

I get paid overtime and also rather substantial bonuses for projects. Last year I made double my wage in bonuses.

did your boss give you a pat on the head too?

Checked and yes. I masturbate at night thinking about how my boss takes advantage of me. I imagine his fat, sweaty, small-fingernailed hand holding my face in the pillow while telling me I have to work again on Saturday.

Double of minimum wage is still shit.

If you really are dead set on working so much then just create a business yourself. It's the only way working so many hours actually means something and you can enjoy the fruits of your labor directly instead of 20 tiers of management taking their slice from your pie.

Attached: 1529282242959.png (991x672, 206K)

My direct boss is the CEO. Got a lot of back pats when we completed our first project for a large mining company, around $850k for 2 months development time with my 4 people team.

You probably got a nice $50 iTunes gift card for your hard work! Way to go buddy!

>Got a lot of back pats
fuck that made me laugh

maybe he'll let you move out of the servants quarters and let you sleep on the floor in the master bedroom next to the dogs

>Got a lot of back pats
congratulations

Attached: 1536541150388.jpg (1200x1197, 157K)

And a $180k bonus but I don't like to brag :^)

I have a girlfriend I like to spend time with, and I enjoy hobbyist computing. We each work about 30-40 hours a week. I make $12/hr and she makes $10/hr. Our combined incomes are more than enough for our apartment, utilities, food, car, and other shit. And there's plenty left over.

There is literally no reason to work more than 40 hours if you live with someone else. Get a girlfriend or a roommate.

First post Chad post.

Attached: 1557298334545.gif (600x431, 739K)

>hobbyist computing
cringe

What else am I supposed to call it? Professional ricing? Fuck off.

well at least that sounds appropriately pathetic

>20 something with nothing better to do?
remember this post when you're old. lmfao

with that kind of money you could almost buy your youth back... almost.

Don't work in tech. I'm a self employed electrician and only work the days that I choose to. I usually only work 3 days a week, the rest of my time is spent with my wife, or friends, or composing and playing music.

dork, your career is nothing more than a hobby to somebody else. let that sink in for a minute and then kys.

superpower 2020

youtu.be/xb_rgQ4IDS8

Attached: 1498155723440.png (500x281, 97K)

>your career is nothing more than a hobby to somebody else
what does that mean

>self employed electrician
based. i'm a self employed painter. i work 5-6 days a week but all i really do is drive around in a van drinking beer and listening to infowars.

You're finna die at 50 due to a heart attack, and your cortisol levels are gonna be off the chart. Chill out

>This is why the Chinese are getting ahead of Western countries.
>(This assuming you get paid overtime or get paid according to your advancements and you actually learn/create stuff at work)

25 mins cardio, 1 1/2 hours weightlifting

>doing things to make you live longer will make you live less long
1984 brainwashing here

Because I want to exercise and have a proper rest. Sitting all day in front of a computer is fucking cancer.

Why should we be responsible for the pressure you're putting on yourself to conform? Why do all the rest of us need to work huge amount of hours to make you feel good about yourself being a boring person with no friends or hobbies?

You want us to man up - it seems like you're the one who can't man up to me.

Start a company.

Strenuous exercise wears your body out. The minimum to keep your body functioning is much less than 2 hours a day at the gym

That makes it even worse. Taking a long break after getting burn out generally makes you never again want to experience burnout. Been doing my masters for 3 semesters now and after every single semester I get burnout and never want to go back, especially after summer holiday. Can't imagine experience that 5 days a week from work year in, year out. I've pretty much entirely embraced the idea of living at home and working part time. Stress is a void that sucks away your humanity, and anyone in a position to avoid it should do so.

>with nothing better to do?
speak for yourself, retard

Wrong, the body is a living organism that responds to stimuli. Would a person be smarter if they never used their brain? Would someone have good eyesight if they covered their eyes most of the time? Notice the healthiest people are the ones that use their bodies.

>when you're a 20 something
>with nothing better to do?

Oxymoron

You can wear your brain out by overworking it, and you can wear your eyes out by straining them
Althletes tend to age like shit
Not that 2 hours a day at the gym is neccessarily going to make you age like shit, but it's kind of bullshit to assume you always need to be active to remain healthy

Question, what if you get paid while doing your own work?

If you're in your 20s and need gym to stay in shape you're living your life wrong.

I was so active in my 20s, just constantly on the move, hiking, dritbikes, offroading, cycling that I was ripped and skinny and day was too short for everything I wanted to do. Could not imagine wasting precious two hours staring at walls in gym.

>athletes age like shit
Double think central. Did you read that on your fat acceptance blogs?

That would take way longer to do than going to the gym. Also, there's no walls at a gym. There's mirrors and windows.

>Jow Forums talking about fitness

Attached: 1492215507999.jpg (1247x810, 138K)

I know alot of them and when they get old they become wrinkled with joint problems (and fat when they stop working out), not to mention they're always injuring themselves from overexertion
Funny you don't seem to hear about that in the media

>the media
>I know people
You sound exactly like a fat acceptance landwhale. Enjoy your lifetime of obesity, fatty. And try not to shit yourself with diet pills.

Attached: 1557365068508.jpg (610x743, 184K)

Only if you hate your job. I love my job and it actually takes stress out of my life when well done, so I make the extra effort.
The best thing about it is that I am earning ~30€/h with it, so I am already in the higher income brackets than most.

where did I say anything about fat acceptance?
I said strenuous exercise doesnt make you age well
I'm sure it's good for your cardiovascular system, but it's not good for your joints, or your skin if you're doing it outside in the sun (probably not a concern for gymcels though)

>Humans need at least 10 hours of exercise per week or your test levels drop
Probably pseudoscience, but I'll bite: It is completely enough to walk every day at a brisk pace for 1 hour. Going to the gym is for people who have more money than braincells who cannot figure out that you don't have to spend any money to exercise at all.

I chuckled and literally felt sick at the same time that the shit you are typing might actually have a chance at being a real belief.

Physical fitness is basically the ONLY thing that keeps you from aging.

How do you get muscular without a gym?

Walking for an hour is only fine if you do it every single day.

If you do actual training the benefits are lasting. Muscle mass acts like a barrier to aging.

and enjoy schizophrenia

pushup pullup bodyweight squats

The bare minimum req to getting ripped IMO is one of those doorjam pullup bars.

Another gymcel "expert opinion" from an American who only lives amongst fat people

OK so how do you lift more if your bodyweight is too easy?

My life consists of working and going home and programming more or playing video games. I don't do anything else.
I bought a dirt bike recently but I've only taken it for a spin three times, now it's just rotting in the garage.
How can I motivate myself to do something other than programming and videogames? Working out at the gym is the most excruciatingly boring thing ever.

I recovered from literally crippling arthritis by doing weight training.

For pushups you elevate your legs, for bodyweight squats you just use one leg, for pullups.... if its too easy you are already ripped.

let me join in.

People eat too much which is why you would think people who use their bodies the most are healthiest. Fit people also often mind what they eat. Close to starvation with sufficient intake of nutrition is ideal.

If a fat guy exercises they break their bodies. Fat people cant activate their muscles as good as low fat people. Fat also gets stored in your muscles and fat blocks right posture.

Then there are people who are skinny and have wrong posture. Exercise would be damaging and inefficient way to become healthier. First they should fix their postures. It is common to have shoulders stuck. They should start by stretching shoulders.

You cant sell small proportion meals and stretching because even if you did the people would also buy other food. Which is why this is almost never seen in the media. One other good reason could be that this would lower consumption and make people healthier and that would mean all other "healthy" practises would lose their mojo.

>I recovered from literally crippling arthritis by doing weight training.
that's wonderful, many more people fuck their joints up later in life by playing sports

>start by stretching
Fucking lol'd. Stretching does nothing you asshat, your body goes back to normal in like a day.

Also fat people are fucking jacked from carrying all that weight, they literally only need to change their diet.

Stretching is literally fucking retarded.

Also I shouldn't say it does nothing because it actually weakens your muscles and makes it easier to injure yourself.
>sports
Yes, and physical therapy is how you repair them. Not by avoiding using it and walking around on a fucking walker.

>Chronically injure yourself but it's okay because you can go to physical therapy!
How about not overexerting yourself in the first place

dude im not advocating "stretching" the media pushes. Im advocating losing weight then doing daily 1min stretches when it feels right. If you got right posture you dont know what im talking about. Projection.

You're just a tool wasting your life to corporate overlords. Life is beatiful, meaningful, philosophical, yet you sit at an office clacking away at worthless projects nobody really uses.

I'm not projecting.

Stretching of literally any kind is counter-productive to physical health.

I'm literally telling you that it makes you temporarily prone to injury and doesn't increase your physical strength or ability in any way.

Its stupid shit from antiquated sports medicine idiots.

If you don't go to the gym, you won't be healthy. Eating healthy alone does not make you healthy.

Completely the opposite of true. Eating healthy is the only thing that makes you healthy. But that doesn't make money, you make alot more money selling people fattening addictive food and then selling them gym passes and equipment telling them that's how they're gonna work it off

>Eating healthy alone does not make you healthy.

Especially if you listen to stupid shit like the food pyramid that tells you to get like half of your calories from fucking grains or that fat from meat is bad lmfao.