Sansa Clip+

Im a complete illiterate about audio and stuff, and I'm a complete tool sheep-head, so I bought a Sansa Clip + and a pair of Tin T3 for my daily use. What the fuck should I do now? I have installed Rockbox on my Sansa, but what now? Should I look for some "good EQ preset" on the internet or should I just play around with some random EQ and getting used to?

What's the point of the Sansa? It supposed to sound better by default than, for example, a flagship smartphone + Spotify in extreme quality? Or should I EQ my Sansa first before getting any gains from it in comparison than a default smartphone+spotify? If this, then where the fuck can I find some tutorial about how to properly EQ my Sansa and "which sound" should I just aim for? Or using a Sansa+Rockbox+default EQ should be far better experience than the other setup? I'm sorry for being a brainlet, but I guess you guys can help me with this desinformation.

Attached: ZjuZU.jpg (1836x2448, 180K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rasher.dk/rockbox/simulator/
rockbox.org/wiki/CustomWPS
uehane.com/products/sandisk-sansa-clip-4-gb-mp3-player-red-discontinued-by-manufacturer?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4uO6rMCc4gIVxZ6zCh1MlQlLEAUYASABEgKDUvD_BwE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Shameless bump

>What do I do now?
How about listen to music you auts

kek

Can you have waifu pictures on it? Or is it just words and numbers like a digital clock?

Attached: DC8266A6-2526-491B-BD6E-A396B991CF8D.png (256x256, 62K)

sorry but sansa clip+ isn't a great music player. yes it used to be when you could get one for ~$30 but now they are like three times that price for a used one. plus at the time that they came out they were one of the few music players that could play vorbis or ogg files after you put rockbox on it.

bottom line sansa clip use to be a good buy, nowadays it generally isnt

The point of having a PMP is to have a dedicated music playing device that has a great battery life.
That sansa is on par (maybe slightly better) than your phone.
You can fuck with the EQ, but what audiophools call "sound signature" depends entirely on the device's Digital to Analog Converter, you can just change the frequency response with the EQ.
You can install comfy themes on it tho

Attached: 20190302_155709.jpg (1809x2268, 491K)

every album in general has a prefferable EQ
still, it depends strongly on the individual who's listening to the music (if you can't hear frequencies above say 12 kHz theres no point in having them, if you are sensitive to frequencies in range of 2,5 kHz up to 4 kHz it would be prefferable for you to just tone them down for 2~3 decibels)
that's really the only reason someone wouls buy a rockbox-able pmp, if you wanted quality you would've bought a zishan

Most daps nowdays have shit battery life. "Flagships" dont go past 10h playback most of the time.
I dont agree with it, just pointing out that dap industry changed fits focus.

>if you wanted quality you would've bought a zishan
There is nothing quality about zishan. It actually has the same issue with noise that op ia talking about you clueless brainlet.

Your clip comes with the ideal eq preset. It's called "flat". Enjoy setting everything up perfectly only to find the device inexplicably failing to power on in 2 years time.

"""""Flagship""""" DAPs are just low end android phones but with a nicer DAC and fancy materials, no shit their battery can't last for consecutive days far from the charger as my iPod video does
Also, it has the power of the 30 pin connector, so I can basically dock it in to charge and also play music trough speakers

Attached: 20190515_103035.jpg (3024x4032, 548K)

What's the model of that JBL speaker

> What the fuck should I do now?

A lot of autists forget the next step, enjoy and listen to your music.

is this the /pmp/t thread?
any rockboxed benjie t6 users ITT?

OP here. To be fair I bought mine when they were around 30usd too. I'm currently using a Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s + a cracked Spotify with premium quality to play most of my music, just because I like to find new stuff from it. The idea of using my Sansa Clip+ again was because I thought that maybe using Rockbox could bring better quality in term of fidelity than using my smartphone. I guess that today are better options to play music than my old Sansa or even my smartphone, but considering than a flagship smartphone maybe could play any music format nowday without a problem (I don't know if this is true tho, I'm just speculating), which are the benefits of having a dedicated music device atm? Better "fidelity"? (I don't even know what this means), better "noise reduction"? If so, which ones should be worth the upgrade from my smartphone? (Ideally a budget one, >100usd maybe?).

Thanks for your response guys.

Attached: s-l1000.jpg (1000x750, 104K)

>I copied stuff without understanding why other people who have different needs from mine did it

Yes
You can even play videos on it

*low-res electronic beeping intensifies*

Play Pokémon

Attached: file.png (480x360, 167K)

Do you still use your Sansa? Or do you buy another DAP?

>not modding an old ipod and putting a fuckhuge chink battery in it so you can get 200hr playback on a single charge
never gonna make it

I never had one, I've been using a 2nd gen iPod Nano while my iPod Video parts come from China

The point of the Sansa clip is that it's an ipod the size of an ipod shuffle with zero drawbacks that lets you swap storage

You use it to listen to music you autist

Dedicated devices are important because you have a physical interaction with them that is unique to the role they play. This is why dedicated game systems and music players continue to exist even though companies just rebrand their smartphones to do it

Yeah, it's useful and convenient that your phone can do it too, but it's even more convenient to have a dedicated device you aren't already using for something else because I does everything

But I'm talking about sound quality mostly. Of course that it's convenient to use a smartphone for everything, but I'll not use my smartphone if I have a better device in hand to do the work but with better results. That's why I'm just asking, in terms of quality, does it matter if I just use my smartphone as my music device instead of a Sansa Clip+? Both seems to being able to manage good quality formats, so I don't see a better gain if I switch to my Sansa.

sure. here's mine on play and pause.

Attached: 1556849102784.png (410x312, 41K)

How do you set an image like that on Rockbox?

install it and figure it out. jesus christ dude. it's really simple.

Can recommend

Attached: pokemen_on_sansa_clip.jpg (1920x1440, 308K)

rasher.dk/rockbox/simulator/
rockbox.org/wiki/CustomWPS
Download themes on their site so you can get an idea how they make them..

If you're not going to help why even post something that doesn't add anything to the thread. Others might have the same question

me

I asked about getting one a few days ago. Think I'm going to.

Does this look like a legit site, anons? (Cheapest clip+ I could find):
uehane.com/products/sandisk-sansa-clip-4-gb-mp3-player-red-discontinued-by-manufacturer?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4uO6rMCc4gIVxZ6zCh1MlQlLEAUYASABEgKDUvD_BwE

Attached: sansa_on_the_tube.png (720x960, 779K)

the advantages of sansa clip:
>tiny as fuck, weighs nothing
>rockbox UI is snappier and boots faster than any PMP software
>rockbox supports opus/flac for space/audiophile autism
>microsd slot so you can put everything you've ever listened to on a new 1TB card in flac.
>screen is as big as it needs to be for scrolling to an album/playlist, hitting play, and pocketing it
>no touchscreen horseshit
>battery lasts an entire day+ of continuous play, or an entire week of sporadic use
there's really nothing else that hits all of those marks.

forgot to mention the disadvantages:
>not water proof. had a screen die in my pocket due to sweat on a hike (use the clip if you're exercising)
>audio quality is acceptable to good

it's not an audiophile device. it's an extremely portable device great for listening to things outside without lugging your fucking phone inside light pockets. and nothing beats it in that regard. but going over the pros and cons reminds me that i want to try and seal the edges of mine somehow to see if i can protect it from water damage.

Battery is shit. 10 pathetic hours max. After my everyday trip from home and back I was left with 45% and it wasn't enough for tomorrow, so I had to charge it along with my phone anyway. What's the point then?

go to rebbit if you want handholding, nigger.

these are old, out of production devices that are bought used or "new in box". my clip zip gets 20+ hours easily but that doesn't mean yours does. sorry bud.

Begone, normalfaggot.

You don't have to use an equalizer, I never do. The clip+ doesn't actually sound better than a smartphone but it's still cool as fuck.

What do you buy now in a similar form factor with no regressions? The clip prices got jacked up because someone stopped making the chip it was based on and the later Sansas went backwards and the competitors were chinky trash. Has a new champion emerged?

Don't say phone.

>audio quality is acceptable to good
I bet my ass you wouldn't be able to hear the difference between your autistic "audiofile" setup and a Clip+ in a blind test.

you're probably right. but i don't listen to my clip zip in silent rooms with audiophile headphones. i listen to it with shitty comfortable earbuds while i'm outside. so it doesn't matter.

still worth mentioning that it's not some magical audiophile device the size of a quarter.

Which current dispositive atm could replace a Sansa Clip+?

benjie t6
sort of

I still have mine in my drawer, is it even worth using it today? I don't have any fancy headphones or anything just a pair of samsung and xiaomi ear pieces, why shouldn't i just use my trash phone and just listen though hacked spotify or poweramp?

>is it even worth using it today?
nigger it's a device that plays music, simple as that.
are you happy with your phone?
>no
use it
>yes
sell it
for me using my phone instead of my dap is awkward as fuck but to each his own

this shit looks great. Any reasons to upgrade my Sansa Clip+ into this? The bluetooth maybe? it's there any drawback?

>Any reasons to upgrade my Sansa Clip+ into this?
No, that isn't really an upgrade.
>Battery life is like a third of a rockboxed clip+ battery life, even if the T6 is rockboxed as well
>Rockbox doesn't support DSD or bluetooth, you need to use the original firmware to use these features
>Plenty of units have dumb issues like pops/noise for some reason, if you're lucky and manage to get one in good shape then it's fine

>the tube
Might recomend listening to Time Tourist next time you go anywhere with it?

If I would ever go to Nuketown ever again, this will be the fist thing I'm going to do

Attached: B12-TIME-TOURIST-W-707-960x1024.jpg (960x1024, 266K)

Has Rockbox even actually been ported yet? If this is the DAP I'm thinking of it was initially just an application running in the stock firmware

i got my clip+ after i broke my sansa e280. i use it regularly at the gym, battery lasts ages, sound quality is good, weighs next to nothing and probably won't die if i drop it (haven't tried)
the only good Jow Forums memes i fell for are the ones i fell for before coming to Jow Forums, and this is one

can't imagine running with my phone

What would be the best gen ipod to do this to. I heard 5th gen ipod classic

>watashit
Cancer shit underage.

Post your pmp mr. mature man.

Fiio m5 looks good, coming out next month

Attached: m5.jpg (1923x1450, 249K)

>touchscreen garbage
into the trash it goes

this
fucking autismos

did you guys' volume buttons cave in? :/

just remap the other keys

Are there alternatives for highly customizable flac players?

Attached: become_a_science.jpg (1152x1536, 509K)

Literally anything that Rockbox supports. I recommend an iPod Video

OK, thank you. I will.

Attached: csg1.jpg (960x720, 84K)

Thanks user, I will look into it

based stefan

The Hidizs AP80 is a really good sounding value player, even if the company support and cs is shit

>The point of having a PMP is to have a dedicated music playing device that has a great battery life.
No, the point of having a PMP is to have a dedicated music playing device that's not also a personal tracking device. No wifi, no bluetooth, no gps, no botnets. Just music.

Attached: 5p240kznb2p21.png (450x450, 199K)

and a smol device with dedicated hardware buttons
fuck giant touchscreen bricks

>No, the point of having a PMP is to have a dedicated music playing device that's not also a personal tracking device
That's the full sperg point. The actual point is having a dedicated device with hardware buttons and superior performance

fucking kek

It is an upgrade to the Sansa? It looks neat tho.

My Clip Zip has a crackling sound now, probably the headphone jack is in the shitter?
Any good alternatives came out recently? I mostly want it to go for a run or gym

please don't tell em you bought a second hand one for triple the price, it totally misses the point of what made them so good. That being cheap as fuck and still good quality. Also 10 hours is still enough battery life for anything what are you even talking about. that battery will be years old by now, just buy another one online and install it yourself if charging once a day is too much of a chore for you.

this but unironically. touchscreen just means less battery and using a tiny touch interface like that is no less cumbersome than using regular buttons.

>buy a clip+ many years ago because Jow Forums autisim
>go for my first run with it
>catche and hip on the door as I'm walking outside and the clip snaps off

Attached: 00451.jpg (905x881, 266K)

I bought one three years ago. It was like that from the beginning, and I put it in the drawer. Might as well sell it to some retard, I'm surprised people paying so much for the meme.
>Also 10 hours is still enough battery life for anything
Yeah. My phone can do that, and the only difference is you charge one device at the end of the day instead of two.