/spg/ - Smartphone General

Supcase Sponsored Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: 61Uym2arrnL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1160x1173, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/results.php3?nYearMin=2018&nHeightMax=145
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

does more ram mean longer battery life or shorter

Anyone get a battery replacement on a Galaxy S8? Mine's almost two years old and battery life is bad, like 2-3 hours SOT. I've tried multiple factory resets but nothing's helped.

OnePlus 7 Pro shill here.
I told you cunts for weeks that it would have a legit camera system for once, and that OnePlus would fix their old problems (shit speakers, shit GPS, garbo vibration motor and the like) and that it would retail for less than the XR and S10e (this one's true in many countries). OnePlus did what others could not; get me to move on from my old Xperia to a chinkphone. One with no hardware problems, one with exclude new features like the godly screen with 90hz and UFS 3.0 storage.
The only shortcomings are the lack of jack (I'll just snap the dongle on my earphones, these phones have DACs in the USB-C ports so I don't care) the lack of expandable storage (256gb of fast storage is all I'll need, I absolutely hate transferring large files on slowass SD cards). Wireless charging remains a meme, IP ratings don't matter since it's just a certification and the phone has plenty of water and dust resistance features like rubber seals around the ports; JerryRigEverything's gonna make a teardown, you can see it there. I'm gonna rest in peace knowing I got a really nice chinkphone, I hope you lot do the same.
And remember, it is for you bro!

Attached: 1557883172485.jpg (393x562, 55K)

I kinda wondered after watching Linus' review of the op7 pro, like he says all those positive things about the pop-up camera while shitting in anything motorized literally 2 months ago.
He also put up a fingerprint unlock speed comparison video, but my S10 unlocks reliably in around .7s max, which is only a bit worse than the optical servers
Is he full of shit?

no significant effect. reloading apps means more battery, so theoretically more ram would mean less loading and thus less battery. open apps means more draw on battery though, so more open apps= more ram= more battery use. so it depends on how efficient the OS is and how well the user manages usage. but at the end of the day, there is no significant difference if you're a competent user.

he's a paid shill. oneplus went balls out on paid shills this go around

>he does it for free

>surprised at paid reviewers

shoo shoo poo in the loo, paid shills get killed

I'd like to think he has some integrity at least but this was kinda blatant and going against everything he just said recently, not to mention the unfair comparisons...

the nitpicker or bust
otherwise you're better off just googling for user reviews

I was always fair. I was convincing myself in my endless postings since I genuinely disliked chinee phones.

>I'd like to think he has some integrity
He did, like a few years ago. Money changes men.

Not a shill for any smart phone in particular, but can tell you this-- once you've seen OLED on...Samsung 9+, you will never look at a "normal" black on the TV again. It's so much fucking better....

Didn't you see the latest jerry video? The camera is rated for 300,000 uses. It's got a very effective closing mechanism that triggers if the phone starts falling when the camera is popped out. No one at all is gonna use the front camera 300,000 times.

what happens when some faggot tries to take a selfie on the bus, the bus stops suddenly, the faggot bumps the camera into something, busts it off or bends it so it won't retract into the phone? what then?

thanks for the good answer

>selfie on the bus
If the person rides a public transport, he deserves it.

I suppose

I have nothing against chinkphones, at least op, I had one, it was a good phone

Sad

I'm not questioning the technology, I'm questioning his integrity because he said that pop-up and similar tech is bad just a month ago or so

it'll still break on certain units no matter what
adding another point of failure for no good reason is stupid

I won't be finding myself in such an elaborate instance so I don't care. Stop being funny bro lol
hasn't happened with other chinkphones yet.

its still stupid adding another point of failure for no good reason
I'd rather have decked out bezels with speakers and camera built into them

Lmao, what kind of situation is this?

>s10E would cost me $300 less than the self proclaimed flagship killer
I will pass, but nice try this round chinks. Op7 pro would be a compelling offer if it wasn't trying to compete with phones from real manufacturers.

what happens when thots try to take photos on the beach, drop the phone, the auto-close mechanism doesn't have time to retract the camera, the camera plunges into the sand, and the motor continues pulling the camera in and pulls in sand and fucks the mechanism and scratches the fuck out of the camera?

a lot of faggots try to take selfies on the bus or train, user.

exactly this. oneplus 7 pro would be interesting if it cost $500 but it's still faggot overpriced chink shit larping as a flagship at the moment

>what happens when thots try to take photos on the beach
She will use her iPhone. The mechanism is fast enough that, such a thing would not happen though.

Then don't be a faggot. Is it that hard?

I'll take this over notches. Bezels are even more far gone than headphone jacks. They're absolutely never coming back, unfortunately.
Just wait for Jerry's video. You think the chinks didn't plan for this shit? The camera closes really fast when it detects it's in a free fall.

no it isn't, i saw on jerryrig that it didn't have enough time to close in his test. thots will be using it while laying down, accidental drops from 1-2 ft will be common and will fucking destroy the memeshit camera

>for no good reason.
agreed the camera should be scrapped entirely, for a headphone jack. But obviously no bezel is a compelling reason if you are obligated to include a selfie camera. Bare in mind the phone will not sell to a single selfie taker in North America.

In what world? The S10e starts at $650 while the Pro starts at $670.

>Just wait for Jerry's video. You think the chinks didn't plan for this shit? The camera closes really fast when it detects it's in a free fall.
i did watch jerry's video, from a fall of 1.5 ft the camera didn't close in time or anything close.

>phone's main selling point is the faggoty ass selfie camera
>says "don't be a faggot"

uh dumbass that's the clear target demographic.

Do we care about thots? You must be retarded to think chinks didn't plan this one properly. Other chinkphones with popup cameras have been working fine so far. Stop thinking of thots and funny scenarios where people act like dunces.

>no it isn't
Gravity is pretty consistent user.
>thos will be using it while laying down
Are you sure they wont be using the webcam on their thinkpads? after they make open source drivers for them. In your incredibly stupid made up scenario though, the drop will not be far enough for it to matter. drop wont do damage, and getting some sand on the glass on a modern day camera lens will not do much damage. Shit is resilient.

jerrys videos are retarded because he doesn't do drop test or water test
that flame thing and scraping the sides with a knife is retarded
he also has a sociopath voice

you can buy a s10e for $550 at best buy, user.

Time will tell, right? I have no misgivings about it. It looks very durable and besides, Jerry dropped it from a small height, from his hand to his table. If you're using it standing up and it falls 5-6ft down it'll retract in time, 100%.

>on the glass on a modern day camera lens
it's fucking plastic one the memeshit 7 pro

Pretty sure it's the screen, user

It's still a $120 difference. Nice shitpost though, '$300' lol. I'll pay triple that to avoid having to use pillshit.

Glass exterior, bro. Not seeing your issue with plastic elements seeing as every other phone features 'em too

It's a plastic protection thingy on the lens itself, you think it'll scratch against sand? Chinks aren't cutting corners with this shit user.

The s10E on my carrier costs $100 CAD with an increase of $25 a month in my plan for 24 months. That is a total of $700 CAD or $519 USD.
The Oneplus 7 pro has a $100 fuck you fee in Canada. And costs $1000 CAD, or $742 USD. So yeah it would cost me $300 more.

>You must be retarded to think chinks didn't plan this one properly
Really? After the master of all asian phone masters sent out a folding phone that irreversibly fucks itself entirely after the easy removal of a seemingly insignificant plastic layer. If Samsung fucked up that bad, you better fucking believe fucktard chinkshit oneplus overlooked easy shit like I'm talking about. I mean fuck, this is a phone company so fucking retarded that it's been 7 fucking phones and just now they thought it might be a good idea to put a functional GPS and notification vibration motor in their phones.

Verizon, America, $200~ budget. Willing to buy used. Any suggestions?

>Op7 pro would be a compelling offer if it wasn't trying to compete with phones from real manufacturers.
They lost their way. I'm not hating on OP7 but you can't deny that it wasn't aligned with what they were originally striving for.

nope, it's the faggoty ass pop up camera.

>jerrys videos are retarded because he doesn't do drop test or water test
There's a reason. You can't replicate the results of these tests really.
>that flame thing and scraping the sides with a knife is retarded
He always said the burn test is just for fun.
>he also has a sociopath voice
What the fuck?

>dude a folding display is like a front facing camera in terms of how bleeding edge it is.
If that was the case, the OP7 pro would actually be a must buy for anyone who gives a shit about a smartphone camera. Because if a few specs of dust in the most unlikely scenario will break it. Then any other phone will die immediately if you accidentally put it in the same pocket as your keys. popout mechanism protects it from scratches.

he your boyfriend or something, bitch?

I dont necessarily blame them. Could they ever hope to compete with the 3a?

Well that's just maple tax, can't be helped.

Nah, nah bro, I'm pretty sure it's the screen. Trust me on this one, bro

Attached: Screenshot_20190514-224108__01.jpg (1080x2063, 288K)

>Any company selling a $1,000 smartphone should be in an absolute panic with the OnePlus 7 Pro on the market. The company is shipping better features, better software, and a better design for a lower price. The OnePlus 7 Pro just sucks all the air out of the Android flagship conversation: it's this or nothing else.
it's doing great.

>Well that's just maple tax, can't be helped.
Then how come it does not apply to literally any phone?

*any other phone

>it's doing great

so far it has 0 sales, oof

I'm hoping someone here as more info than the useless Verizon rep I talked too. I want to get the OP7P and I'm with Verizon. I talked with a Verizon rep and they said they support the phone but some features might not be available. When I what features wouldn't work they told me they wouldn't know until the phone was out. Yet when you go to One Pluses website they say nothing about features being locked out. Only something about not every band being supported on Verizon, whatever that means.

>70960068
A 15 day waiting period and requiring a Windows only tool.

so basically a Flagship killer at the price of a Flagship, the chinks went insane.

Yeah the 90hz screen feature only works on T-Mobile, on Verizon you're locked into 24hz. One of the bands blocks out that feature if you're not on America's Network.

But user, who needs wireless charging, a headphone jack, microsd support, the best cameras on the market, any bells whistles or features, when you have a slide out camera!

OnePlus hasn't used their flagship killer thing in a while

>more cinematic experiance on Verizon. Based I am leaving T mobile tomorrow.

>he your boyfriend or something, bitch?
What the fuck are you talking about?

Let's see what Xiaomi does with the Redmi Pro 2.

you got it backwards

Recently had my phone stolen.
Kind of a blessing in disguise as I was about to buy the phone I wanted from Best Scam, but not only did my parents buy me a moto something-or-other as an easter gift, but also Best Buy stopped carrying ASUS Phones.

Enough Blog Posting:
What's the best ASUS phone for the best price?

>other phones don't cost more in Canada
I thought that was the norm. On /pcbg/ we have Aussies and Canadians bitching about how everything is more expensive.

Which one gives me the cinematic 24hz? 90hz will give me motion sickness.

so is the OnePlus 7 non pro definitely not going to be sold in the US? Even unlocked gsm?

My GOAT phone is still the LG G7 or G8 because I really prioritize the audiophile features.

HOWEVER

If you can forgo the headphone jack, this phone is the truth. Godtier features. Like 12 GB ram, zenmode, camera, screen, pop up camera to stop ZOG spying, etc. OP 7 pro is GOAT.

Zenfone Max Pro M1 4/64 for $150.

Thank you Fren

Attached: 2b0bab3be6d648d515ab6253bb5c6c2e7a394eed_hq.gif (320x320, 246K)

Australia maybe, I think they have duty and shit. Canada the issue is exchange rate. Our exchange rate is in the gutter, and since things like computer parts are basically just priced in USD and converted to CAD shit is expensive, because we get paid in CAD. Nothing costs more when you factor in exchange rate, and admittedly if I bought a Oneplus 7 pro, I would just find a way to get an American one. They seem to be doing some regional pricing, without understand the law of one price.

I don't understand the hardon for the jack when the usb port offers similar sound quality. It has a DAC in it, so I'm not worried about shit sound.

because then you have to carry around a gay as fuck dongle, cant charge at the same time and have another little cable to lose. Should have a model with a headphone jack instead of the popout camera

Embrace the chink techs or motorola if you're too poor. Or op7

Just attach the dongle to the headphone jack, so it's not a loose cable anymore. And how often does one listen to music while charging at the same time? With 0 to 100% within an hour on the OP7T, that shouldn't be a hindrance. Only real drawback is the lack of expandable storage but with 256gb I'm not complaining at all. I still use 1tb only on my PC and fuck if I'm gonna max out 256gb on a phone lol

Is this a good phone?

Attached: samsung-galaxy-a60-.jpg (393x434, 41K)

>holeshit

Just attach the dongle to the headphone jack
uwotm8? you mean the phone? cause I have to charge it and dont want a dumb cable hanging out all the time. Or do you mean my earbuds? because I have multiple different pairs, and occasionally lose some. I have a pair sitting in my gym bag. Then I have a pair sitting in my work bag. and I have ANC headphones I take on planes. So three permantly attached dongles?
>And how often does one listen to music while charging at the same time?
I do a lot, especially on planes, where the charing port is complete shit and I dont want to sit in silence while I wait.

>people complaining about no headphone jack on the Oneplus 7.
Dumb poorfags, you can just get wireless chargers so you can listen to music still while it charges!

Get a dedicated music player if you listen to music so damn much. I listen to music 4 hours a day and I never drain my battery fast. Fucking lol

I'm an old fashioned guy, when I'm charging my phone I'm not gonna use it until it's fully charged, unless something comes up. I never got people charging and listening to music at the same time. Let the bloody thing charge up fully before you start using it.

Yeah, and a laptop, and a calculator, and a PDA, and a Camera!
If I am paying hundreds of dollars for a phone, Im not gonna carry around another fucking electronic in my pocket, for a feature my X1 in 2008 had.

there is literally no reason for this.

Just face it, the only reason for losing the jack is because of the push for sales of bluetooth headsets, most of the time the phone manufacturer's own brand of bluetooth pairs.

It's not about feature, it's about you being a faggot who can't charge his phone fully before using it. 30w charging is real fast, you don't have anything else to do on planes except listening to music nonstop? Outside of that one instance you'll be hard pressed to find yourself burning through the battery. Just zoomers being impatient little shits.
Takes an hour to tank it fully and it gets you 10 odd hours SoT. That's not good enough for one full day? Shit.

Same goes with wireless charging. These fucking 'features' that forces you to spend more on shit. If you actually care about being jewed, you don't support companies that push these agenda.

Oneplus X user here

I don't like phablets, I wish the current phone industry would realise that I don't want to have a fucking tablet in my pocket giving me dick cancer.

Is there a current gen phone, with all the bells and whistles that has the same form factor or close to the oneplus x?

Oneplus X is 5.51" in size, with a 5" screen

Thanks Jow Forums

Attached: oneplus-x-first-look-aa-29-of-47-840x473.jpg (840x473, 53K)

Just get the Pixel 3/3a.

That makes no sense because Verizon is a supported carrier. Every feature will work. That rep clearly had no idea what they were talking about.

Only on Jow Forums will people talk like this. lol
in the smartphone world, you will never, ever get it all. Just get the best, least worst phone you can get.

what is with these shills all day everyday?
Fuck you, I want a basic feature I have had for over a decade. Deal with it. I want wireless charging as well. If you are gonna make dumb compromises, make it cheaper else.
>tonnes of comrpomises for a flagship price!
is a fucking stupid sell, even if you shill all day about how nobody actually needed the features.
>you dont actually listen to music user do you?
>you dont actually have more than one pair of earbuds user do you?
>you dont actually every lose things do you?
>you dont ever actually forget to charge your phone do you?
>you dont actually ever go on long haul flights or multiple flight trips do you?
>you dont actually listen to music or use your phone do you?
>dont you have better things to do sitting on a metal tube for 12 hours than using your phone!?
yeah, I do do more than listen to music on my phone. Maybe I will fire up a few videos or emulators. I am sure that will be much easier on the battery!

gsmarena.com/results.php3?nYearMin=2018&nHeightMax=145
Here you go lazy cunt

>Oneplus user
As expected.

Oh, go shit in your deisgnated street, ya fuckin curry muncher