I'm about to start my Amazon internship as a junior and I really don't wanna fucking go back to college and I'd rather...

I'm about to start my Amazon internship as a junior and I really don't wanna fucking go back to college and I'd rather work full time for bezos for the next 2 years.
how do I turn my internship into a full time offer without having to go back to college?

Attached: meUXHqGL5W_OejlMuAzNBuCEMB0gYUVJubXP0HfyqNY.png (612x491, 80K)

they have an infinite supply of codemonkey interns who will work for cheap, why would they want to keep you and pay you more

most amazon interns i've met ended up going back full time after college
the first hard part getting the return and then after that idfk

Is it paid?

all FAANG internships are paid

How'd you get it? What's your GPA and personal projects?

3.1 gpa from a uni that amazon likes
all of my personal projects combined have about 4000 installations total but i don't think that was as important to getting the internship as my uni name

Okay, thank you.

Attached: 1543690852826.gif (1280x1141, 166K)

why do you ask?
good taste in gaymes tho

>Working at Amazon.
I passed all the stages (The puzzle test, bug fix, 2 Coding questions, and virtual interview) and when accepted to the internship, I rejected them to take summer classes and graduate faster.
>herp derp why muh amazon pay big money
Have fun working for a company that exploits workers to an extreme extent. This is coming from a Capitalist.

The only big companies that doesnt seem to unironically be cancer to work for are Micro$oft and Jewgle

Oh forgot to say this. In case anyone is wondering:
GPA when I applied was like 3.4 or 3.5. What helped me was having AWS certifications on my Resume, and Microsoft and Cloud certs as well. Certs seem to really matter. Side projects as well, I've made a few small games and bots for trading crypto and stuff like that. If you can publish one on the play store, that really helps. Also make sure your resume has almost no whitespace. I had a resume with tons of whitespace and only relevant info, and when I applied to 60 companies pretty much no one responded. Then I added a bunch of complete bullshit buzzwords to fill up space and tons of major companies responded to me.

retard

I want an internship, maybe. I'm a freshman CS student who's planning on doing graduate school though. Trying to keep my GPA as high as possible so I can transfer for grad school.

I'm going to the best CS program in Oregon but Oregon only has 1 ABET accredited program. Google is like 60 miles away from my house, idk if that'll hurt my chances there.

i don't know about fun, but amazon is a strong start to a career. i just want to be smug and comfy in my programming socks uwu

>Google is like 60 miles away from my house
location doesn't matter. 60 miles is really close that's probably a benefit if anything

Says the faggot who thinks the ranking of his CS degree and his GPA matters. LOL seeth harder wagie

I’m a sophomore CS major. 3.74 gpa at top CS school. Have published a few iOS apps (pointless games) and have done some mobiledev work for a startup. It was pretty hard for me to get my internship for this summer. Basically got like 2 responses when sending out 150+ applications, are there any technical skills that would make me more attractive to employers? Or do you have any other tips to make applying to internships easier?

Post your resume with all personal info taken out user, I'll help you out with it

most places don't hire interns until junior year. the companies that do sophomore level internships tend to be top heavy
honestly I only got two responses as well
but yes, your resume can probably be improved

No your advice is pretty good but I wouldn't pass up an amazon internship. Would make getting a job at fang way way easier in the future.

Just post your resume with all personal info so I can add you to the blacklist, ok thnx.

fucking Jow Forums posters trying to get jobs

I mean yeah but my thinking was that if I could get into it once I could do it again. And sure it'll be easier, but what's the big deal, 3-4 months faster finding a job? The time my summer classes are saving me on graduation in 7 months since summer classes is expedited. It's a net bonus either way. But to each their own.
Sure, my name is James Damore. Seeth harder faggot, having trouble getting an IT job at your local PC repair store?

ur a sour grape

I'm OP.
I interviewed for both full time jobs and internships (graduation timing is weird).
I was one of the few people without internship experience at all and it was brought up many times over my interviews. it's as if the interviewers just didn't think HR would let someone with zero experience get through. basically being told "you don't have enough experience" for ENTRY LEVEL jobs kinda made me realize what I needed to do.
some people are anxious to gtfo college. don't blame you if you are; I am myself hence this entire fucking post

>gpa
>personal projects
>aws certifications
>the puzzle test
>virtual interview
>abet accredited program
>summer internship
>summer classes
boy i'm glad i'm not from usa

competitive yeah, so people start doing x and then everyone has to do x.

Soon you need the entire alphabet (x, y, z, etc)

I mean it's not a big deal. Do this stuff, make 200k a year, save up money for 5 years, then go live in another country where it's cheap as fuck and do something you actually enjoy.

Thx guise. Much appreciated

Attached: ejf8fdklae341.jpg (2040x2640, 954K)

1) Change GPA to 3.74
2) Take away High School. No one really cares. BTW, very nice SAT score!
3) Add more to Skills. Even if it's small things. "Python, C, Swift, Java, JSON, Git, Object Oriented Paradigms. Functional Programming".
4) Here's the big thing for work experience, buddy. Companies care not about what you did, but what you achieved.
>built Sourcing Software
Ok, cool, anyone can "do" that. I want numbers. What % of profits did you help the company make? How many man hours did you save? How many people did you help makes job easier?
>Processed 14 months of unprocessed check-payments...
Just like this.
>Worked on revising graphical representation on solvers
Ok so what? Tell me what the end results were. I can "work on the cure for cancer" at home.
>Random github 1 time contribution
Not big enough to put on here. I think you should have one more big project that's desktop based to put on here, instead of iOS. Write a suite for cryptocurrency trading. If you want a GREAT project idea, write a GUI that takes in inputs via checkboxes/data entry (Number of servers, true/false for secure/non-secure), and generates Terraform code from it. Trust me, this is an amazing project.
Also, in many places, you have "developed", "worked", "used". But in a few places you have "collect" and present tense verbs

>going to highschool

Attached: 1552462075025.jpg (618x435, 75K)

>3.742
You should add some zeroes to make it look bigger like 3.74200

Hey thx man, I rlly appreciate it. I’ll get to working on those things.

I'd move the margins closer to the edges
maybe even get rid of your awards sections to add more detail to your experience.

skills section should include relevant technologies that you used

your experience is really vague about what you did besides that you worked in finance. covered most of how experience section should be like.

are you looking for a software role or a quant role? honestly I can't tell based off your resume.

I'd cut the random GitHub bug fix as well also don't put your fucking SAT score on there.

You should encrypt your entire resume in latex format in PGP.

Yeah understood about the github thing. I’m interviewing for SWE, open to quant but never took a serious interest in it. I put my SAT score bc one company asked for it my freshman yr... but yea ill remove it

More sigfigs = bigger brain
Ill just fill my whole resume with zeroes to make myself look smarter

one more thing i forgot. It seems weird, but an interviewer told me to submit my resume in word format. apparently the bots they use for parsing keywords read words files better than pdf files.

>Bachelor of Arts, CS
kek is this a burger thing?

>More sigfigs = bigger brain
>Ill just fill my whole resume with zeroes to make myself look smarter
Nice, but you should just attach a page of zeroes but make it in latex formatting and post the source code. Make sure they can't get a digital copy either so they have to already know latex to read it.

its the same fucking thing dumbass some schools just have sciences under liberal arts

Sorry I’m beta cs, not an alpha EECS god

yeah the hedgies will ask for SAT. if they want to know they'll ask.

that's strange. I've never actually heard that one before. it seems like you're using the generic word template so maybe it makes sense there

It's not the same thing, retard. Taking an art degree isn't a science degree

>he has a liberal art degree

Attached: 1544326757504.jpg (349x550, 23K)

The difference between the 2 at my school is literally 1 intro to physics class

what if u didn't go to high-school or take the SAT. middle-school dropout coming through but unironically top of my class in college

Attached: nwapepe.jpg (600x600, 34K)

Its the same fucking classes, the only difference is at my school you have to take two more economics classes for a BA vs a BS. a BA is MORE classes here

Finish college. In the long run youre worthless in this field without a degree. It shows that you have the ability to finish things.

even if I'm ex-amazon? college makes me want to cut myself uwu

bro college is super important to have. companies want higher ups to have the piece of paper. even if u worked there. college makes me wanna kms too. thats why im graduating faster instead of a dumbass internship. im finishing my bachelors in 2 yrs total

is this first hand experience? idk basically everyone I know who didn't get fucked on the job hunt had an internship

>finishing a BA in 2 years
kek

I'd have to take 24 credits or more a term to finish my entire BS in 2 years. It's 180 credits total and ABET accredited.

the BS or BA doesn't matter you fuckwad dumbass. I have 180 units too.
7 AP tests * 8 units = 56 units from that
+ 2 summer classes after HS = 10 units = 66
+ 4 classes first quarter + 3 classes next two quarters + two online community college classes + 3 summer classes + another 3 classes each quarter year two + 2 more online classes in year two + 3 classes summer session one + 4 classes summer session two. Total of 184 units. Take your HERP DERP MUH AHBET BS degEREE and stick it up your ass

Oh you went to high-school.... I see............

Attached: 1541449251069.png (500x575, 216K)

I wouldn't hire you btw.

>highschool degree
>no internship
>BA
etc

*honk*

Attached: chen.png (512x512, 141K)

>implying I want to work for an anime faggot