Which VM software has the best performance?

Which VM software has the best performance?

Attached: images(3).jpg (225x225, 9K)

They are all shit.

that's one way of saying they are all the same

They are all the same shit.

vmware has objectively superior i/o performance you dumb fucks

Docker

Attached: 1541225819065.jpg (443x455, 96K)

who asked you?

Attached: n.jpg (406x400, 24K)

the one running on intel with HT disabled...

KVM

Do you mean the Hardware Security Vulnerabilities Performance Benchmark?

Not full virtualization

Ignorant brainlet detected

OP never specified a type 1 or 2 hypervisor. I'm gonna a guess it's his first time in that case VMWARE workstation on windows or any Linux with qemu

Docker isn't a virtual machine

anything that's not virtualbox

Xen

I actually really like Virtualbox. Runs on pretty much everything, will run pretty much everything. It's free. Only thing is some of the more advanced features are either not there or don't work very well. If you can live without those, VBox is pretty much all you need.

This. I'm triple booting on my laptop for this very reason

I feel like it's gotten worse over time. Virtualbox 5 worked fine, but since the update to 6 it's been sluggish, shared clipboard stopped working and my mouse doesn't work on my second monitor.

Virtualbox has always been significantly faster for me whichever guest OS I use. And yes I configure vmware correctly with enough resource allocation etc.

VB switches paravirtualization interfaces if it can identify the guest. Windows - Hyper-V, Identified Linux - KVM, Unidentified Linux - Legacy. Legacy is shit so that is one reason why people find VB as slow. Another is that it uses one core by default and 3D acceleration is off (there's currently a bug being worked on where 2D acceleration is buggy when 3D acceleration is on).

Only ever used VB. Some VMs get corrupted after a while and wont start anymore. Also shared clipboard and drag and drop dont work well.

They're all pretty obsolete now. I mean, why would you ever run something besides W10?

I have some nucs with vcenter+esxi enterprise plus because we decommed some servers at work. Sucks that the NUCs don't have two NICs so I can't use the container host which is actually really useful, next build

OP

Depends on if you want graphical performance as well.

KVM is the best performer if I remember correctly, however QEMU/Virtio's virtualized Windows graphics driver is dogshit. GPU passthrough or something similar will give you good graphical performance as well with KVM.

zen niggaz

Even better.

parallels is godly

esxi otherwise vmware.
nothing beats esxi atm if we are talking about datacenter performance close to bare metal.

Vmware, both workstation and ESXi/vSphere

Attached: b12.jpg (640x640, 30K)

My gf uses pic related with her c00t widdle NUCserver.

Attached: iogear_guc3c01_type_c_to_gigabit_ethernet_1177813.jpg (1000x1000, 51K)

It doesn't really matter because VirtualBox is the least buggy.

vmware player is fine, tools are buggy with xfce tho

> advanced features
like setting up a basic network without needing to reading the whole (shitty) docs

This.

Get
The
Fuck
Out

>BSD Tard

Attached: 1544461426277.jpg (500x375, 33K)

>boomer
No, the boomer solution would be Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 and/or DOSbox.

I agree that the shared clipboard and drag-and-drop need work, but the reason things have gotten slower is mostly from Spectre and Meltdown patching.

kvm+qemu

user, we need to talk about that watermark.

Attached: disgust f135473616.png (401x440, 343K)

better than hyperv host with windows guests?

qemu -enable-kvm