Using older Adobe CC apps could get you sued, Adobe warns

>A few days ago, Adobe discontinued older versions of some Creative Cloud apps. The company is now sending emails to its customers warning them of potential legal actions. That is, if you continue using these apps – you risk getting sued for infringement by third parties.

Why are Americans fine with their corporations raping them in the ass and taking money for it?

diyphotography.net/using-older-adobe-cc-apps-could-get-you-sued-adobe-warns/

Anyway, enjoy your assrape.
T. Gimp guru

Attached: adobe-cc-suing-768x431.jpg.optimal.jpg (768x431, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve
prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2018-direct-download-links.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>by third parties.
Like Adobe's subsidiary Rajesh Enterprise Corporation?

I doubt they have the money to go after every krill in the ocean who's using outdated software, it's only a threat to other businesses still using them

but either way
>paying to RENT software
kek

How the fuck is this legal in the first place?

who knows, it's exactly as dumb as it sounds

>You pay Adobe 60$ a month for subscription
>They are too greedy to update licenses for older programs
HOW IS THIS OK!?

Adobe Creative Cloud is le software as service meme, you don't actually buy it, you pay a monthly fee. If you're using an older version that means you're using cracked software.

because it's sold as a service, if you have older software on CD, they you are A-OK.
But software as a service licenses are updated every day, every second etc, so when one license runs out, that is it you are fucked.

Anyone who just went with it and made the jump to the subscription model deserves this. Stuck with CS5 for life it seems.

>If you're using an older version that means you're using cracked software.
xD

Americans trully are retarded. That's not how buying a product in Capitalism works.

you aren't buying a product, you are buying a service.

software is now officialy affected by planned obsolence what a clown world

Attached: 1557902354240.png (650x550, 275K)

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Again, how is this legal.
Software is a product. You can't make the software you have bought just stop working in here.

I have never bought any software and I'm over 30. Open-Source baby!

You aren't buying software in this case, this is a subscription to software, you are basically "borrowing" software from adobe at this point. Adobe can change their product.

when the software you bought relies on 3rd party servers and they get shut down for economical reasons (even if that's just an excuse) then you're shit out of luck.
Imagine if google was asking for a monthly fee to use their web office products. If at some point they decide to end their involvment and shut down their servers, "your" "program" won't be available anymore. If you have a github enterprise account and microsoft decides to shut down the service next week, you're also fucked.

Regardless, I completely agree, it _should_ be illegal to provide software as a service and it _should_ be mandatory that if software (be it photoshop or a video game) relies on servers for it to function, the company must be required to provide the means of hosting your own server or patch out the function when they decide to shut down the server.

Why would a rational white person buy into this slavery?

>If you have a github enterprise account
>not hosting your own god damned gitlab on your own server

I'm not denying that paying money for SAAS is mindboggingly retarded, I'm just saying that there's nothing particularly exceptional about Adobe's practice.

I don't know, go ask them?

blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve

>Not switching to superior DaVinci Resolve 16 Free or 1 time payment DaVinci Resolve Studio 16
>Being an AIDSDOBE monthly tax cuck

> Again, how is this legal.
Licenses are a special thing. Like other intellectual property [most things other than trademark, which overall has been fine], they are very nice to fuck society.

In the usual case, you are presented with a 9e9999 page list of demands and requirements in multiple documents with stipulations like "this can be changed by our company at any time and you automatically agree if you continue to use the software", and while not all of it is applicable in your jurisdiction you actually need multiple offices full of lawyers to understand what is applicable.

Absolute trash and a sign of corruption that this is allowed. They should only be allowed standard licenses when they sell/loan/rent out/ ... to private entities and even in most cases for companies.

Software has always been LICENSED, not SOLD to customers

As for what Adobe is doing, that's another story altogether

software license is forever, you buy Photoshop CS5 you buy right to use ALL THE LICENSES till end of time.

> you buy Photoshop CS5 you buy right to use ALL THE LICENSES till end of time
Maybe you should read the license at some point and mark all the conditions that Adobe could use to cancel or alter that license.

In some places courts would probably just not accept this no matter what Adobe put in their wishlist (licenses), but in the USA you shouldn't be so sure.

(cont'd)
Of course, ethically I agree with you, you should absolutely get to use or transfer x copies of the software until the end of time after buying x copies.

You probably even should have the right to modify it - eg. to make it work on Windows 12 or IOS or Android. But reality is more retarded.

I just did for CS6, there are about 0 clauses for cancellation of the license. Funny is that they claim that license is non transferable while US supreme court disagrees.

Make it work on Windows 97

whites are the most cucked race

Just read their TOS you idiot.

Their TOS means jack shit in EU if it's breaking the law.

Attached: amazr-a-at-least-its-not-the-government-dont-tread-on-35582888.png (500x399, 49K)

That's better than I expected, although if there's a chance for nonzero on terminating or changing the license that may still be the trick.

Well, it anyhow is different now with the CC crap.

That's right. But until the EU steps in, nobody can really change something.

How long before Windows OS is a service with something like this?

>open source = free

>FSF sends me an email about me breaking their gay license
>tell them to fuck off

there

Adobefags = done.
Don't use the term "photoshopped". Use "gimped" instead. Use free software that respects your rights!

keked

Well, it's not. This is entirely above board.

Gimp is shit. Use the term "kritted" instead.

Reminder: CC 2018 is the last version where you can "patch" it with AMT Emu.
Get it while the official links are still available:
prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2018-direct-download-links.html

Attached: 1553138983017.jpg (618x354, 34K)

>If you're using an older version that means you're using cracked software
But I'm using cracked software as it is. Only Americans are retarded enough to buy software intended for personal use