/spg/ - Smartphone General

It Is For You Bro Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: oneplus-7-pro-blue-1405.jpg (1500x1000, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z8AdxtkkQDo&t=480
youtube.com/watch?v=z8AdxtkkQDo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for 4h SoT

youtube.com/watch?v=z8AdxtkkQDo&t=480
>8:03->
SEVEN TO EIGHT HOURS OF SCREEN ON TIME!!!

Honestly there still isn't any reason to upgrade from a 3T and I doubt there will be in the next three years.

The dream is over bros...

To trust a shill reviewer's word for it. Might as well neck myself. Even if true it is not good enough. How am I supposed to use it in school or when travelling. Cant trust that to last. Not gonna buy meme power banks.

OnePlus got greedy and necked themselves.

>How am I supposed to use it in school or when travelling.
By not staring at your phone for eight hours a day you disgusting degenerate.

you're browsing Jow Forums dummie

oh noes lolz0rz

30w fast charging bro
0 to 100 in an hour
use it with merry abandon.

That's 7-8h SoT with 90hz mode on, turn it off and you should be able to get +10h SoT.

>30W fast charger bro
>turns your phone into an incendiary device bro
>can't even take it on a plane bro

Attached: 1546154535094.jpg (540x555, 20K)

Now you're just making shit up

Would a Redmi Go be good just for calls - using the loudspeaker for hands free?
As in, would the loudspeaker be loud enough, clear enough and would the mic be good enough? Anyone have any experience with it?

I need a second phone with 2 SIM slots, for two secondary numbers.

Attached: Xiaomi-Redmi-Go-Kenya[3].jpg (1000x500, 128K)

Fast charging is around for a few years now.

But if you are an iToddler......

Yes

A used Z5 dual/Redmi Note 4 would be cheaper and better.

8 hours is just grand, considering.

>used Z5
>oldass junk
>housefire Snapdragon 810
what's wrong with saving up $200 for a Note 7? If Indians can afford it, so can that user.

looking a bit huawei there xiaomi
i expected them to do a full press release for the k20/pro plus release dates and price announcement but i guess they're waiting for everyone to get over OP7's press release before doing their own
k20 looks like my next phone if the price is around $330

Goddamn One plus....the 7 Pro seemed pretty good but why the fuck did they not include wireless charging? Everything else is somewhat excusable ( ie no 3.5mm, no waterproofing etc..) but fuck fuck fuck for all the real improvement of the 7 Pro and higher price I can't see their fucking vendetta against wireless charging

Whatever bro, don't buy it then. Get a Samshit and enjoy your wireless meme charging. It's a free world bro

I don't really understand why everyone complains about no wireless charging. I don't see how putting it on a pad is any different than hooking up a cable. It offers no real benefit or convenience, it's just a gimmick.

First world nonsense bro. Zoomer preferences. They like having charging pads everywhere so they can top up the battery nonstop all the time.

What's a good non chink alternative to the redmi note 7 (either with stock android or official lineage)?

>no waterproofing
Seems pretty waterproof to me youtube.com/watch?v=z8AdxtkkQDo

i just want to point out that even the new pixel 3a is made in china
non-chink phones are an extremely rare and dying breed

No bro it doesn't have an IP rating

But the pixel 3a isn't even near the price of the note 7, and they are made by an american company, which of course manufactures them in China like everyone but at least they have more quality.

It isn't zoomer shit, it had been in every hacker friendly Android phone since the fucking Nexus 4. One Plus One even had it. It took years for Samsung and Apple to finally add it but it's now a standard feature...yet OnePlus refuses to implement it.

The benefit is twofold. First is convenience in that you can use any Qi compatible wireless charger and it works without having to plug in the damn thing. Set it on your desk or nightstand and you dont need to unplug and replug whenever you pick it up, it just goes back to charging when you set it down. Sure it's slower than wired but so what - if you need maximum speed wired is still available. Also with the lack of a 3.5mm jack, wirless means being able to use the USB C jack for something else while still charging. Also, especially with OnePlus special proprietary chink warp charging over standard Qualcomm quick charge it means needing a compatible charger as opposed to using any Qi compatible pad.

It's also frustrating because the 7 Pro has so many great features it's stupid to omit wireless which is useful for many and for those who don't like it can just use wired without losing anything.

Biggest mistake I've made is to go from a curved screen to a flat screen phone

>bro
It’s the same person doing this or it’s a spg meme?
Also shit battery life :( bros :’(

>hurr durr it works after being immersed in water
>not even opened to check if there is water inside
The state of shills. fucking kill yourself

Curved screens are a retarded meme
They distort the edges of the image and provide no real benefit besides aesthetics. They also make finding and installing tempered glass a bitch and give shitty companies like Whitestone some mad revenue because of their fucking patent on glued glass.

>just stop using your phone for longer because muh artificial convenience
>literally too lazy to plug in a cable
How do you even live

Bruh I have my s7 edge and p30 together right now and the s7 edge looks way better and even bigger. Despite being more than 3 years old now.

>no headphone jack

i don't understand it, i use headphones with my phone so why wouldn't i want a jack?

>because of their fucking patent on glued glass

you can buy UV glass protector kits from aliexpress/ebay/amazon for like $8

meme list
1. battery banks
2. wireless (/pad) charging
3. propriertary warp (/fast) charging
4. curved screen

My personal
Glass back, lightning port, no 3.5mm, over 400ppi, adhesive/glue fest, IP rating, aesthetic over function, ...

even apple knows this
think about it

Never
Settle

they're trying to pawn their own bluetooth set on you, hopefully you buy them both when you get the OP7P

What's the best midrange phone out there? $300 or less

Is note 10 going to be phone of the year? Can't decide whether I should waot for it or buy s10+

COURAGE

People are retarded and didnt get the marketing. OnePlus were saying that the phone is about as water resistant as an IP rated device, they just didn't want to pay the premium to get the rating.

Gonna laugh my ass off when the Galaxy 12 phones nix the jack and expandable storage. You cunts should forget about the jack. Bunch of uppity coons. It's going the way of the dodo and by dodo I mean bezels.

But did they state WHICH IP rating?

But bro it's chinee shit why would I get that it doesn't even have wireless charging fuck I'd rather get the S10e at least I can charge it wirelessly and use my jack lol

Go to Shenzhen and ask them yourself. You're not buying this phone, stop asking about it. For reasonable, practical purposes it's perfectly waterproof. Just don't use it in anything stronger than a drizzle or something

No headphone jack is not excusable

>no 3.5mm jack
nope

What alternatives do I have if I want something like OP 6T but want an earphone jack?
I'm clueless here

Attached: 1514399486132_0.jpg (700x525, 34K)

just keep an adapter plugged into your headphones LOL

Thanks. Have you used one?
>used
It's bad enough we have to settle for sloppy seconds in women. I'm sure as hell not gonna settle for sloppy seconds in anything else. Imagine using someone else's old phone: with their dirt and faecal matter still on it. Or a used car, with someone else's farts and ass sweat baked into the seat. YIKES!

How do Onepiss 7 pro fags justify paying 400 more for Mi 9s camera?
>inb4 Dx0
Software, with GCAM both will look the same except Mi 9 has better ultrawide and telephoto

Attached: 00334376.jpg (950x960, 130K)

>>buy overpriced adapter
how to charge when my usb port is occupied?
GEt A DoNgle. Where do I carry this? How often do I have to get a new one?

I saw a review yesterday were the reviewer had the phone submerged for 15 minutes in a clear bucket.

Lmao and have a dongle hanging off the port wearing it out and making you look like an iToddler from 2016. Serious talk, if you want a good method of coping, use a pair of headphones that can detach from the cable (ask /csg/ for directions if poorfag) so they can be used with USB-C directly.

Is it correct that the bootloader can be locked while using a custom kernel in the Pixel phones?

>Xiaomi takes the place of one plus as flagship killer

The 7pro is flagship prices, it’s Apple and Samsung didn’t put their prices up the 7pro would be considered flagship price and it’s not offering enough to make it relevant.

They should have stuck to good specs at a budget but now it’s Redmi’s turn.

>how to charge when my usb port is occupied?
Wirelessly, of course

it's not hard to disinfect a phone if you're comfortable taking it apart and cleaning it though the speaker and mic are fair game

>>buy expensive pad
so how to use the phone if it sits on a pad? Do I constantly pick my phone up and then place my phone back on the pad?

xiaomi software is ass, stop shilling them

>inb4 use a custom ROM XD

Yep, use a custom rom. Objectively better than OxygenOS too.
>but I want to get fucked
No better than isheeps

Attached: 1515957815899.jpg (400x434, 73K)

>the official software from the chinese company that manufactured the phone isn't trustworthy
>but an amateur solo project by some anonymous unaccountable pajeet half way around the world will definitely be safer!

L O L

please do the needful and install our custom rom sir

>Objectively better than OxygenOS too

Attached: 1550602885863.jpg (620x718, 231K)

f

Pocophone

Fuck off pajeet. Wireless is memetech

Opinions on the Moto G7?

>he still thinks people buy Xiaomi for the software

Attached: 1549007584426.jpg (256x1722, 82K)

Mah nigga. I still have it and it's going strong, don't see any reason to upgrade.

Attached: 1540586439668.gif (800x792, 607K)

Yes, that's the beauty of it zoomers can't seem to comprehend. You use it without constraints and it will charge when not in use, as it should. No overheating crippling the battery because you used it while charging, it's really the future made reality. Xiaomi's pad is less than $30 and offers 20W charging, so any discussion on "expensive meme tech" is left in the past, period.

Lack of wireless is ass. I wonder...in the old days Samsung S5 era you could buy a Qi receiver and install it INSIDE the phone, connecting to charging contacts. If OP is going to cheap out on wireless for whatever nonsense, the least they could do is make it so you could add it yourself internally.

However I worry that the 7 Pro won't be designed right for that and then best that can be done is buying an external receiver that you stick to the back of the phone or case and then it plugs in to the USB C port. Which nearly defeats the purpose

And this is why it should have wireless charging at least

Imagine paying 400 more for a
>shitty preinstalled software that is little better than other shitty pre installed software
>meme display for nonVR grade PPI and mediocre brightness
>No jack and fucking stereos
>a fucking shovel
>"software" updates because youre too stupid to root
>SD 855
>No IP rating
>No wireless charging
>worse camera than phones in 399 range
>no NFC

Attached: 1446916772877.png (792x540, 357K)

maybe they were scared the wireless charging would fuck with the periscope camera

or a headphone jack?

It shouldn't given the coil for charging is way the fuck down middle to bottom of a phone usually. Also OnePlus just has a tiny Chinese hateboner for wireless charging . All their previous phones except for the original OnePlus One removed wireless charging and they had no periscope cam to worry about

the experience of a phone is 90% software

why would you buy a phone with shit software that youre going to have to replace with something that is never going to be as good as what a manufacturer can provide

What phone are you ranting about, I think all expensive phones have NFC now.

OP7PRO has no bells or whistles

Attached: 1443111266925.png (350x407, 57K)

Why does the $669 model even exist? Who wouldn't pay $30 more for twice the storage and more ram?

i mean, i agree it should have one if it's going to be 669usd but i'm sure they have their reasons beyond costcutting

This is patently untrue in the era of shitty bloated UIs and crapware . Samsung's whole shitty ecosystem , Xaomi and Huawei Chinese crap, etc...are all inferior to devices with pure Android be it Pixel style or those like OnePlus Oxygen OS which is similar etc.

However, custom ROMs based on aosp or better yet LineageOS can be greatly superior to stock Android . Unfortunately many devices don't support rooting and unlock of bootloader ( ie Samsung S10 series and Fold ) and all still require manufacturer update support of binaries and whatnot to keep the latest features.

Nigga nobody has time to wait around for the phone to charge. Some of us need to talk while it's charging.

just got my mom a new samgsung android tablet was wondering what i should do first regarding the built in bloatware as i have no experience in android devices (I main a Nokia N900 and a Desktop).

Attached: 1555623748748.gif (1090x1035, 183K)

I had LineageOS on my xiaomi. It was shit. Barebones to a fault. Give me Samsung's new OS or OxygenOS any day.

How tf do you unlock the Poco F1 on linux and why do I have to wait 15 fucking days?

It looks like you can get 4 hours of SOT with only a 20 minute warp charge

Wireless charging is a meme

I really can't see why given their previous history going back many devices. They always claimed it was not as fast as wired with their dash/warp charging ( which misses the point ) or cost cutting ( which makes little sense as it is a cheap feature) which were both nonsense and even more so on the flagship 7 Pro . So it's nearly entirely not invented here phenomenon as Glorious Men of Han Warp Charging is the only tech allowed, or an irrational hateboner

>Need to make a phone call
>Pick it up from the pad
>Finish the call
>Place it back
Tell me how hard is that? You're creating issues where there are none for everybody.

>Shills doesnt know they can install oxygen os
OHNNONONONONONO

>keeping your phone on a charger at all times

That's one way to kill your battery faster. Wireless charging reinforces bad practices

will the Sharp Aquos R2 compact release worldwide? it's the only compact phone currently in production along with the Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact.

Attached: img_design_color_black.png (598x548, 283K)

return it and get a Mi Pad 4

is this supposed to be a good thing?

Attached: D6mpx9cU0AAw29d.jpg (753x1200, 79K)