So, how much is this trend going to last (if it is a trend)?

So, how much is this trend going to last (if it is a trend)?

Because I feel like the market is going to stall eventually (ex.: if everyone has a CS degree), and diminish its value as a result.

Attached: bbbbrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaappp.jpg (1240x1247, 245K)

I'm just going to do a trade fuck this silly shit.

>tfw econ grad

Attached: ryan-gosling-blade-runner-2049.jpg (970x545, 50K)

Never to learn too late to learn how to program, mate.
Honestly, for most programming jobs excluding embedded systems, you don't need a CS or EE degree.
Think of programming as an additional tool in your arsenal - it can make you much more effective at your job through automating tasks and being able to model and forecast data.
As an economist, you could probably work your way into a fintech job once you learn programming.

I think that within the next 10 to 30 years some coding will be a required skill for all non-manual jobs. Yes, lots of tasks will be automated by machine learning, but it will require somebody to put scripts together that orchestrate a bunch of different automated systems to make some sort of meaningful result.

>CS
>STEM

Pick one

>Life sciences*
>Does not include healthcare occupations
What the fuck are life sciences then? Feminist period blood theory?

Biologists are people too user :(

Oh right, I forgot that was a thing.
Still, does stuff like medical research count as healthcare occupations?

>mfw CS major

Attached: 1540964585683.jpg (563x542, 65K)

I think they just excluded the graduates that will be directly involved in providing healthcare. There are too many fields that indirectly tie into medical research for them to go through all just to compile a throwaway graphic.

I learned SQL by critically reading a coworkers queries and I got amazing at Excel.

Are there still cushy do-nothing jobs that pay $80k+ where all you have to do is babysit a database? Because I'm lazy as fuck and want to fuck off on the internet all day instead of do work. I heard those jobs are going away as managers slowly learn how information products work.

Attached: Evin Spacey.jpg (400x400, 12K)

Also I learned Python but it was a miserable experience and I can't do anything except solve Project Euler problems in the Windows terminal.

This is literally what the "everyone can code" movement was entirely about. Corporations trying to drive the workforce to overabundance so they can pick and choose exactly who they want and discard the rest, and negotiate for lower than base wages while they're at it.

occupations suggests non-research jobs, like being a nurse, physiotherapist, etc.

I have a PhD in Epigenetics and am currently unemployed. Can code but have STEM PTSD.

Being a researcher isn't a job?

Not these days. The job description is better described as "get the data we need to publish our lies and if you play along one day you too can publish lies"

I fell for the life science Biochemistry meme.

All i wanted to do was make GMO custom bacteriophages to aid with antibiotic resistances.

>Tfw information security fag
>Tfw went overboard and got a master's on it sponsored by my current job
>Tfw probably in top 10% of infosec fags (the bar is really low)
>Tfw still these fucking stats
I can't handle all of this winning bros

Attached: Screenshot_20190515-193125_Brave_1.jpg (1080x529, 91K)

It already has? At least the destruction of degree values.
A CS degree is literally a degree for joblessness since every code monkey has one (somehow).

In my country, "hard" sciences (ie literally anything that isn't "human" sciences) are regarded as superior and will always get you a job anywhere, except mostly the civil service, I guess.

This must be Germany

Nope.

"Software developer" is a pathetic profession. For the majority of all positions world wide, the following are facts:

- You are forced to detail what you did yesterday and what you are planning to do today in your "daily". Your story point contribution will be mercilessly compared to your peers. All non developers can dick around doing whatever.
- Working on anything that does not increase your story point count is discouraged. Creativity is frowned upon.
- Requirements and major decisions keep changing right until it's too late. The majority of your work will be redone again and again.
- Constant crisis mode: The story points your team finished are always below the long term burn down chart. Additionally, continuous insights create the need for expansion of scope. 70% of IT projects fail. I shit you not. Schedules are broken, budget explodes and quality at the bottom of the barrel.
- Business wants you to meet impossible performance goals under tight resource constraints.
- Due to the constant crisis, you are often forced to do overtime.
- Everything constantly breaks. Forgotten certificate renewal, password change, api change... You will spend all of your time getting things to work again that should have been finished months ago.
- People stay at companies between 1 and 3 years. Everyone is unhappy. No one gets promoted. No one gets a raise. There is a constant change of colleagues. You are a hated resource that is required to shit out code.
- Because of all of this, quality sucks
- You will most likely be trapped in an open space office hell panopticon of hot desks. Enjoy readjusting your chair everyday while your back and wrists are dying and 10 people look at your screen at all time. There will be at least one outgoing wannabe Chad constantly laughing and talking on the phone in your vicinity.

At least 80% of all software development jobs are like this.
Debate me.

FUCK MY FUCKIGN LIFE IS OVER I'M SO FUCKING STUPID WHY DO I EVEN BOTHER FUCKKKK

Calm down user, you were kind of close, wouldn't be surprised if it's the same thing in Germany.
In France, if you graduate high school with a baccalauréat S (scientific) you can choose literally any field you want in higher education, while someone with a bac ES (economy and social stuff) or L (literature, languages, arts, etc) will be mostly "stuck" in his speciality and will unlikely be allowed to do scientific stuff.
Usually, "scientific" degrees are worth more than humanities and such on the labour market.
As I said, the exception being the civil service where you can enter with any bachelor/master as long as you pass the competitive exam, which is traditionally an 3-4 hour essay (dissertation), an exercise that is mostly favoured by the kids in bac L and ES (they still learn how to do them in bac S, but they don't really focus much on it).
So that's one of the paradoxes when it comes to this country's education system. On the one hand, the whole system favours the "hard" sciences, on the other hand, the public sector (which is still fucking huge) demands the candidates to actually be able to put their reasoning on a goddamn paper rather than just ticking the right answer like they do in Anglo countries.

>make chart
>use blue and pink
>blue and pink don't represent m/f
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You can't live by these fucking graphs in bullshit newspapers.

It's true, everythings fucked and getting more competitve, we're all fucked.

If all else fails, start a lawn care business.

You can bitch about every single job, every industry, but the truth is that if you're good you're good...80% of people in every field, from stem to medicine to everything else are fucking retards. If you're not in that 80% you'll be fine one way or the other.