youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

CPUs based on current prices
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming
>R3 2200G - Light 30-60fps gaming(dGPU optional). 2400G if you want a CPU which can last into a GPU upgrade
>R5 2600/X - Good 60fps+ gaming & multithreaded use
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper - HEDT

>BE AWARE that Microsoft recommends you disable hyperthreading on Intel CPUs. Be aware that Intel tried to bribe researchers to delay releasing the vulnerability by an extra 6 months so they could do another stock sell off and release you scam 10th gen CPUs with to-be-removed hyperthreading.
>16GB - standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
1080p
>RX 570/580 - value.
>1660 - Slightly better perf for more demanding games on high/maxed 60fps+;
> 1660Ti / 1070 / Vega56 / 2060 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>1070Ti / Vega - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>2070 Overclocked or Radeon VII - Worth considering
>2080Ti - higher framerates
2160p (4k)
>Radeon VII - weaker than 2080ti
>RTX 2080Ti - good, but poor value.

Other
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>Consider 75hz display minimum; 60hz are old models
>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>AIOs don't change the laws of thermodynamics

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: 2007.png (1536x2048, 401K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wQvgyChrk_g
pcpartpicker.com/list/gKLvXP
pcpartpicker.com/list/hYszQZ
performance-pcs.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=mini monitor
pcpartpicker.com/list/y7myYT
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I need to backup 4TB data, do I buy another 4TB HDD or bigger?

Attached: 1547405897008.png (1712x284, 24K)

Do you intend to add more data? Get bigger. Otherwise if you intend to keep your data under 4TB, get another 4TB. I personally have an 8TB Seagate Ironwolf in my server for dedicated backup for my arrays. Works great. Was $220 for the drive.

Upgrade from your FX chip, it's holding back your 1060

if the ViewSonic XG2703-GS and the Acer Nitro VG271UP use the same panel then why would you pay 200 more dollarydoos for the ViewSonic XG2703-GS
won't you get the same experience out of both monitors?

If my mobo vendor released a bios update with agesa 0.0.7.2, am I good to go for Ryzen 2? I'm on a gigabyte X370 board, but they haven't actually made an announcement like MSI and Asus did.

It appears that the only reason MS/Apple aren't disabling HT by default themselves is because it'll get them sued for disabling a feature they upgraded customers for in Windows/Mac computers.
Similar to how Apple and Samsung got fines for deliberately slowing down old phones, MS/Apple/Intel would be more liable to be sued for displaying HT.

Instead, they are going to argue that
>security is optional
because their lawyers say it's more defensible than removing a feature people paid for even if that feature can't be patched to be made secure. Especially when they knew of the flaws when the 9900k was released but sold them while advertising a feature which would need disabling to be secure anyway.
youtube.com/watch?v=wQvgyChrk_g

Up to you. Past 4TB tends to become worse value.

If you have good sales available like the US does, buy now. If not, wait for Zen2 release to drive discounts on

pcpartpicker.com/list/gKLvXP
-Hard drives are from my now dying PC (old first gen i3 having Dell Optiplex)
-RAM was bought from a friend for $60 and a favor. Slow I know, but 32GB is hard to pass on
-Power supply I got for $15 new at Best Buy on sale.

I rip DVDs and Blu-ray stuff all the time and then encode the shit to put on my NAS. I do video and photo editing. I do light gaming. (Shovel/Hollow Knight, WoW, Satisfactory, etc). I own a Dell 1080p IPS 75HZ freesync monitor.

Anything wrong with this build? Also I heard rumors of a 6c12t AMD APU. Is this true? When will it come out if so? Will it be compatible with current boards? Help is appreciated.

Attached: 49285322_932523330286179_3820564376922882048_n.jpg (900x869, 44K)

>gigabyte
lol

Incel cope i7 btfod based no Intel cpus in op

Attached: aJz8Z2k.jpg (3629x2722, 1M)

Specs? Also what is that screen? Very nice build

Sorry but I'm not a pedo and I will hyperthreading on on my 9900k :)

that I know but isn't it worth it to wait for the ryzen 3 series? it looked real impressive on paper and great value

Bulldozer looked good on paper too

pcpartpicker.com/list/hYszQZ
performance-pcs.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=mini monitor
The motherboard is overpriced af, I know and now with the zombieflaw I'm regretting it. The screen is from PPCS

Very nice. Shame about the security flaws though.
>PPCS
Is that Performance-PCs? Are they still fully in business? I remember getting my liquid parts from FrozenCPU but i don't even know if they're still open.

Why not a 1700X?

Attached: Screenshot_20190515-124412(1).jpg (720x1051, 231K)

2600/X is more than enough for your 1060 if you can get 2600/X for cheap there is no point in paying new MSRP prices on the new chips.

Considering how expensive it is, the $150 extra you wasted for a 9700k that's called a 9900k isn't much of a difference in overall price.

>finally get a Gigabyte GTX 970 with DVI-I port so I can use a 2-way VGA splitter for my dual CRT setup
>still waiting on splitter from China
>decide to put it in anyway and give my father my ATI Sapphire HD5450 for his computer
>realize I only had a DVI-D cable in possession
>tfw can only use my shitty LCD monitor until I get the splitter in the mail
I JUST WANT TO RENDER SHIT

Attached: 89437095096.png (852x475, 480K)

>More money
>First gen when 3rd is on the horizon
>No iGPU so I'd waste more money a dGPU that I'll hardly utilize

Guys, I need help

My computer gives me totally random blue screens. Sometimes it happens when I just listen to music, sometimes when I browse the internet or when I just open any fucking program. It even fucking happened when I was typing my Windows password and when Windows was scanning&repairing my driver. Hell, I get blue screens when I'm in fucking BIOS! Every time blue screen stop code is the same: "Critical Process Died"

Is it the matter of my motherboard? Or my SSD? Because I can't think of any other reason. It's totally fucked up and I can't use my computer properly with this shit. I had the same problem before, reinstalling Windows fixed the problem for a few months, but it started to happening out of nowhere couple of days ago.

Currently I use Windows 10 LTSB

for 500$ I could get these right now:
>MSI B450-A PRO
>the 2600
>16gb 3000mhz cl16 ram
>antec P110 silent case
> 970 evo 250gb
Everything else i'll just move from my current pc

RAM or motherboard yeah

Beginner here.
What exactly does 3200MHz (O.C.) mean in the mobo specs? I googled it but only found contradicting answers.
Also I found some HyperX Fury 8GB 3200MHz for cheap in a store here, is it any good? I'm gonna pair it up with a Ryzen 7. Any mobo recommendation is also appreciated.

That sucks, personally I have a 1950X threadripper I have 2 VMs for max multi-tasking and efficient video editing/encoding. I honestly wouldn't be able to function with anything less than 8-cores.

Is getting something like a used gt 1030 that bad for you?

I guess I will go form RAM first and see, if it fixes anything. Thanks buddy.

Don't waste money on the 970 evo. When are you people going to learn this?
Anyway, for $500 that doesn't sound like great value. That'd be more around $350-400 US. But if you have the money and don't want to wait, go ahead.

Generally that is RAM or board.

Officially supported RAM speeds. That's not very great. Better boards usually support 3466 or 3600. But sometimes you can OC to those speeds anyway.
If it's 3200CL16 it's fine. Whatever is the cheapest 3200CL16.

well prices are pretty jacked here in Romania.
Why is the 970 evo a money waster? what would be a better use for it?

how's this?

Attached: pc.png (437x745, 86K)

>AMDrones shill their garbage CPUs again

I'm guessing this should be fine now. Unless there's something horribly wrong about this that I haven't noticed yet I'll order this tomorrow.
Either way thanks for the help guys

Attached: 1545370248929.png (1097x1064, 170K)

Just replace the 9700K with a $200 ryzen 2700, B450 motherboard. Paying hundreds more for 5% better perf is fucking bananas.

pic related 4.2 GHz 2700X vs 5GHz i7-8700K

Attached: 1440p_MIN.png (1324x1665, 101K)

NVMe only get much use on a server or as a scratch disk.
It's no better of a "boot drive" as just a fast SATA drive like the MX500 or 860 Evo.

Seems okay.

MX500 should be cheaper. Rest is good.
I'd hurry with getting the Vega 56 before the sale ends or they go out of stock.

Looks good, but why not wait to see what Zen2 is like? There's 12 days to announcement.

Get the 2700 (only ~5% slower) instead and spend more money on 16GB of RAM.

Is it 5% higher?
Because the new security update lowers performance 3-11% on 9th gen.

All benchmarks before today are invalidated.

you dont need 750w for vega 56, 650w will be enough(unless u want to build some beast afterwards with same psu), and consider sapphire pulse or red dragon, asus has(or had?) vrm cooling problems on their vegas

RX 580 or 1660?

Pretty sure he has 16GB of RAM, sold as 2 1x8GB sticks

You can always order from other EU countries. For example, I got a monitor for 200 eur cheaper than in my country from Germany, shipping included. You don't lose out on the warranty either.

>shilling the inferior 2700X
>for games

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So does that mean I'd need to OC that mobo so the RAM can reach 3200MHz?
>If it's 3200CL16 it's fine
It's 3200CL18. Guess I'll keep looking then.

You having a mental breakdown mate?
Those performance hits getting you?

no, it means the mobo can overclock the ram modules up to their specified frequencies. the mobo supporting 3466 or 3600 usually means it has better vrms, but still you can fiddle with it and try overclocking manually to aim for better timings and higher frequency

I'll bite: please KINDLY explain pic related.

Attached: Witcher (1).png (1314x1192, 53K)

pcpartpicker.com/list/y7myYT

For programming/gaming/3D/CAD fucking around on Linux and Windows VM for gayming?

No Intel CPU's please i don't have a 240Hz Monitor and no Nvidia GPU's because they suck on Linux.

>you don't lose out on the warranty
yeah but you gotta send em to whatever country instead, probably insure the package which i assume costs hefty

guys. i was thinking of replacing the stock cooler for my ryzen 2700x. i wanna do the NH-D15. but i am worried if it will fit in my case or not. got any suggestions? fyi motherboard is asrock b450 pro4

Attached: 20190515_122918[1].jpg (2560x1440, 1.02M)

i'm not familiar with that case but it's a mini itx rig so as usual check if your gpu fits the case.
other than that it's pretty solid.

Oh, got it. Thanks user

>ultra quality
Cmon goy, everyone knows benchmarks above 720p low quality and not paired with a rtx 2080 ti don't matter!
And you better not patch those vulnerabilities!

>2700X
Why not 2700?

>1TB SSD
le fuck? Why not 480GB 2.5 sata SSD + 2TB 2.5 sata HDD?

gotta know the case too m8

What for? OC'ing vs XFR 2 is only gonna net you like 3% better performance unless you got a super uber rare 4.4GHz lottery chip.

>buying spinning rust in 2019
lemao

>2700
shit thread boost clocks unless u manually oc dat shit

NZXT h500 mid tower

NH-D15 will fit no problem.

>what is 64KB block size for media storage

2700X is 4.3 GHz MAX boost
2700 is 4.1 GHz MAX boost

200MHz higher boost for $100+? You sure about that senpai?

Okay lads, blue screen user here, I am sure now that it's motherboard fault.

So, do you recommend any MOBO with LGA 1150 chipset? I have i5-4670k. I would really appreciate budget recommendations, as I am low on money. Currency is PLN.

>153 vs 156 fps
woooooooooooooow

Attached: sai2_AojfVGCs8m.png (1077x611, 69K)

>Hardware Unboxed

Attached: 1555686600647.jpg (2620x3416, 1.74M)

>Why not 2700?
I don't know but made me think, i might just get a cheap 2600 and replace it with a Zen2 CPU later.

>Why no HDD?
I don't need that much storage and HDDs make annoying sounds and are slow.

>not enjoying the pleasant sound of one's hard drive working away, letting you know if it's doing something or not.

>ever using Hardware Unboxed as proof

Attached: 1557922258790.jpg (3488x2324, 1.29M)

I sleep in the same room as my computer :/

look at how it handle boost across multiple threads, its literally shittier than a 2600 senpai

manual oc it or bust

Zen 3000 release will reveal who are the real AMDrones and who will stick with Incel.

>not putting your computer to sleep/hibernate to save money on one's power bill

what, do your parents still pay for your electricity?

>STILL shilling intlel
fucking hell that must take some dedication at this point

>>pleasant sound of one's hard drive working away
yeah, no, it's not a pleasant sound at all.

How am I shilling Intel when showing that using that dudes benchmarks is retarded, considering they're skewed heavily in AMD's favor?

Where do you live that you cant afford to pay electricity?

How many seconds can a CPU stay on when testing without thermal paste, using the heatsink dry?
I don't want to waste my thermal grizzly if the system won't boot.

i sleep in the same room as your mom bro

AMD shilling gud
Intel shilling bad

Took you fucking long enough, we're getting BTFO in every direction in this thread. Sound the alarm, zion must know of these antisemites in this thread.

Attached: 1540209531358.png (552x661, 288K)

not wanting to save money? sounds like an intel user.

Just got a rx480 on ebay, gonna pair it up with a ryzen 3 1200. Do you reckon 8gb ram is enough for most games? Some photoshop editing too. Also, is 2400 watt enough with dual sticks?
Similar questions for power supply, 450W enough? Thinking about stuff like Doom and Warhammer Total War 2.

What components do you already have and what is your budget?

So this basically confirms that Zen 2 won't be out till 7/7, right? Disappointed tbqh, I wanted it shortly after computex.

Attached: zen2_navi.png (1019x573, 394K)

b450 mobo, otherwise nothing yet. 350 Euro max

shit that's kinda late wtf

JUST WAIT

Yeah, and I'm in desperate need of a new computer. The wait is killing me.

>imagine shilling for free daily

Yeah, I'm getting 2 x 8GB
I'd honestly just rather go overkill with the PSU, I've had a lot of trouble with PSUs before (the specific model of my GPU being JUST above what my PSU can support constantly crashed my pc)

2 seconds is not enough for me to test. I have some silver color bolt grease for my car, would that give me more time?

Yeah, it's performance-PCS and they're still in business and imo the best vendor because they have almost everything. FrozenCPU reopened in 2018 after they had to close due to bankruptcy in 2011.
>8 core 16 threads with HT is not different from a 8 core 16 8 thread without HT
Whatever you say, jealous AMD nigger.

So, suggestions?

Security doesn't matter
Performance doesn't matter

Attached: 1557942327896.jpg (960x847, 214K)

wow Zen 2 is still so far away, at that point I might as well skip it for the next generation and stay with Kaby Lake. Glad I didn't already buy a cheap Ryzen PC just to be ready when it comes.

Based Zen crushing xepoo trash, best performance in the universe.

>5%
hmm

Attached: 1556281179956.png (2259x1372, 1.87M)

my 6y/o bronze 650w handles vega 56 no problem, but up to you