Things Are Looking Up

>1TB SSDs already regularly under $100
>8GB RAM under $40
>16GB under $70
>Ryzen has forced the CPU market to dramatically improve in price:performance, forced core counts to increase, forced absolute performance to increase
>high quality cases with good cable management are actually cheap, plenty of sub-$50 options
>modular PSUs are basically standard, can be had for $60 or less from reputable brands

Now all we need is AMD to fuck up Nvidia's monopoly on GPUs, and we'll have a new golden age of computing

Attached: 1548036414974.jpg (308x308, 40K)

Thing is, competition is the only thing makin' the companies lower their price, once AMD takes a royal flush on those stubborn donkey Nvidia boys, they own the monoply.
Meanin' the prices are still gonna be inflated as a balloon unless another competitor arises, Long story short, this middle ground situation where the companies start going at each others throats like varmints is the only window in which prices drop and you should start buyin' feel me feller?

Attached: 1557276868167s.jpg (107x125, 2K)

Enjoy it while it last boys

>tfw when i can buy a 480GB SSD for the price of a 120GB one i bought 4 months ago

Going to get a 1TB ssd while they are cheap as balls.

Attached: 6200711.jpg (640x620, 38K)

Fuck no

SSD's still nowhere near HDDs in price/gb
>16GB
Samsung dropped b-die.

Ryzen3 beter be amazing, fuck intel.
All cases sucks massive ass.
PSUs are getting better kind of, for some reason they make noise again at 40c lmao.

That'll happen when rajesh sir learns to write good drivers. I have been nvidia all the way for 10 years ever since I realized AMD's GPUs were cheap McHardware with matching drivers. When AMD can prove it can do it, I'll be a believer.

I wouldn't be so optimistic. The prices are improving, but we're not getting any more freedom anywhere, even with all these fuckups that get news coverage.
AMD has better drivers than Nvidia.

Alguien sabe algún rumor de los Apu de zen 2?

no habla la monkey languaje

wake me up when 4TB SSDs are $200

SSD'S are still about $1/GB still too expensive.

Glad about CPU'S and RAM going down though, I managed to get an i5 9400f and 16GB DDR4 for $200 including tax.

i bought my gtx 1070 used for $220. gets 100fps on any 1080p title.

also, the only thing we have to worry about is PSU pricing

Rayos, no hablo el idioma se monos :c igual, tengo un r2400g y raid 0 120gb +120gb, y un disco de 2tb. Muy contento, sin gráfica.

You think that if you give the red jew ultimate power over the market, she will be a more merciful overlord than the green and blue jews?

Those are prices for you stupid muricans. Rest of us don't have a free Arab oil on disposal and army to pillage the whole world so that we can have cheap electronics.

>1TB SSD under $100
>QLC

are you reading and writing 1TB every second?

IBM should come back to the consumer CPU market to drive down prices harder

Sopa de macao uma delicia

Aqui se habla ingles hijo. Pero no, no salio nada ultimamente, de todas formas los Apu de la serie 3000 van a estar basados en Zen+ y no en Zen 2, habria que esperar a la serie 4000 para que salgan modelos con esa arquitectura

people used to hate amd for monopoly just a decade ago
since then i only bought intel+nvidia to fight the monopoly

yes

want lower prices? just create your own hardware company and start selling cheaper products, easy peasy

Absolutely not, but when they're competing (as they are now), consumers actually win.

My point exactly. When they compete we win. So why do we cheer for the downfall of one competitor?

Because Intel is fuckhuge in comparison to AMD and they have absolute majority of the market share.
They have a very long way to fall until they actually start running out of money and feeling the need to truly compete.
For example they haven't made any moves to lower their prices. The moment they start radically coming down in price to compete with AMD, that's when we know that the market is getting healthier again.
But until that happens, we should only be happy to see Intel burn.

>SSD's still nowhere near HDDs in price/gb
true, but HDDs aren't really going down in price anymore. and the market for them keeps shrinking, while the market for SSDs keeps growing. the latter will keep getting cheaper while the former will stay at their current prices at best.

>want lower prices? just create your own hardware company and start selling cheaper products, easy peasy
right? it's like some of these people never went to capitalism school.

Literally does not matter for 99.999% of use cases