Which one?

Which one?

Attached: Annotation 2019-05-15 172436.png (643x472, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147693&Description=970 pro&cm_re=970_pro-_-20-147-693-_-Product
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why buy old technology? Don’t eat out for a week and get this.

Attached: E03AFCA4-9552-4663-A97B-568AE0159787.png (750x1334, 305K)

I’d rather you eat my ass for a week

Its for storage.

>499 freedombux for a fucking SSD
Holy shit how retarded must you be to buy that

Left one is more durable because of 3D TLC. Evo has QLC

The WD, the QVO Samshits are worse all around
If you want something that's almost as bad as a QVO get an Adata SU800

But user it's got a proprietary connector and looks like RAM!

Thanks

>QLC
Choose the "WD" (I believe these are rebadged Sandisk ultras). Also good is the Crucial MX500, which is more consistent with smaller operations.

No shit, isn’t that what all of these things are for?

samsung makes probably more than half of the chips, so why not use it.

Because it's QLC trash

>M.2
>proprietary
Nope.

Even TLC is garbabe.

Get a vnand m.2 drive. SATA 3 is old as fuck, borderline boomer tech

m2 is as proprietary as sata you numbskull

Probably means they're not using it as their primary OS+programs drive.

Sata is fine you dumb zoomer, it all depends of your use case. Since OP is getting a 2TB drive I assume he already has a fast NVMe main drive and wants to replace an HDD or add an additional secondary SSD to his setup.

Stop being poor and get the 860 EVO 2TB for just shy of $300.

qlc makes it an inferior product

QLC is trash, shit speed, shit durablity. For QLC to be even slightly recommendable to buy it would need to be 25% cheaper than TLC and that QLCshit is actually MORE expensive than the TLC WD drive.

What's wrong with SU800?

The Adata

>spend twice as much
>copy files faster and not a lot more visible benefit

Do you also insist on SRAM instead of inferior DRAM for your system RAM?

worst comparison ever

WD for the 3D Nand.

>proprietary connector
>looks like RAM
What a fucking retard.

>SLC flash
Older tech, simpler, faster, more expensive, takes up more room for the same storage.
>SRAM
Older tech, simpler, faster, more expensive, takes up more room for the same storage.

>>copy files faster and not a lot more visible benefit
It all depends where your bottleneck is.
If your bottleneck is I/O then you'll get a visible benefit in transfers taking up to a quarter of the time.
If all you're doing is playing games then you won't see much benefit.

They are both decent SSDs. I have the WD Blue as an external drive to my Xbox One, and the 860QVO in my laptop paired with an m.2 SU800.

Most desktop tasks won't see a benefit, or will shave like 200 ms off the load time for a program.

First of all, TLC/QLC are NOT faster than MLC or SLC. Has nothing to do with that. Also the sacrifice in terms of endurance were already great going from SLC to MLC but still nobody told you to buy SLC instead of MLC. But TLC basically cut your endurance in half again.. but hey, if you like suddenly losing your data, fine by me. Why do you th

Unless you buy a /csg/ one, TLC will generally outlast the computer you put it in.

>not choosing the obviously superior SSD

Attached: su800.png (345x515, 88K)

Paid that much for a sata 1tb 6 years ago

>expert installation
Has anyone ever actually used that shit?

EVO has MLC
QVO has QVO

EVO has TLC
Pro has MLC

*QVO has QLC

Samsung says:

860 EVO:

NAND Type
Samsung V-NAND 3 Bit MLC

Samsung says:

NAND Type
Samsung V-NAND 3 Bit MLC

imagine being this retarded. Do you even know what TLC means? 3 Bit MLC = TLC

fucking tech illiterates on this board

Then buy 4TB of spinning rust and use the money you saved to buy a 500gb NVMe system drive

Attached: brainlet1.jpg (1200x1000, 174K)

I know, sorry for being brainlet this moment

MLC includes TLC

multi = more than one

tri = 3

in set theoretic notation:

TLC ⊂ MLC

Kinda slow for a drive with DRAM cache and lots of SLC caching, and an oldish design by now, it was among the first 3D NAND drives on the market
Value wise it's really hard to beat, but it's not an MX500 or one of the good Samsung's performance wise
QLC it's shit, and Samsung hasn't gotten QLC yields to a decent level, pretty much every TLC drive it's better and cheaper

Utterly pointless if you have a spare sata slot for an SSD, this is only useful if you have no more room.

The real world difference between SATA and M.2 SSDs is extremely miniscule, not worth paying double.

WD Blue is a Sandisk rebrand, good but not worth the money at all.
QVO is QLC NAND which you should avoid.

860 EVO>MX500>SU800

Its just the classic Samsung scam.
QVO is QLC.
EVO is TLC.
Pro is MLC.

Samsung if ur hung
Western digital if ur little

but there is a difference , big enough that the samsung ver. is better

>No TCG OPAL

I never said the samsung one was bad, just a marketing scam, like how ASUS, Gigabyte and ASRock (Even though most of their boards are shit and not worth recommending) say they are 12 phases when in reality they are 4+2.

>proprietary

SRAM isn't particularly older or simpler than DRAM. It's just a different technology. Importantly though: DRAM is just as write durable as SRAM.
QLC, TLC, MLC, SLC are all the same basic technology. The difference is that flash memory endurance was improved to the point where sacrificing lifetime for density became a fair trade off. The durability and endurance of SLC and MLC are phenomenal at this point. TLC seems okay for endurance, but the durability is questionable. QLC has unproven endurance and durability. I would not use it for anything other than ephemeral data on a self-healing filesystem without seeing another year or so of statistics on these drives.

SRAM has the same write durability but it's faster and does not require refresh cycles that can interrupt access.

64GB one
32 for ReadyBoost, 32 for pagefile

Attached: cocacola.jpg (604x453, 78K)

Your point? That just makes the comparison more bullshit. Duh: They're different technologies.

the wd blue. stay away from qlc

TLC/QLC CAN BE USED IN SLC MODE
AND IT ACUALY USED FOR CASING WRITES, THEN IT REWRITES SLOWLY IN TLC/QLC MODE

Does this actually work?
I'm looking at upgrading my folks laptops to SSD+HDD, but there's nothing like bcache/dm-cache on Windows
There's Intel RST but those Atom laptops don't support it, everything else seems to be unsupported since 2012 or some hacky solution like Readyboost (which seems to be the only way to cache an HDD on Windows without using storage pools)

>$499
>will probably cost $169 in 18 months
>mfw OP could take a sex tourism vacation and come back and get the NVME later.

In all seriousness don't spend $500 on a 2TB drive. What the piss would you use it for? Gaymes?

see if there's a jewtel for less, they make the best SSDs, even better than that evoshit Jow Forums masturbates to so much.

70 IQ post.

100TB 3.5" SATA SSD

Funny thing, it has been confirmed multiple times that NVMe SSDs are just as cheap to make than SATA SSDs.
Its just that there is no point in selling them cheaper.

It's called market segmentation. People will pay more for faster even though all the speed comes exclusively from using a different interface.

NVME gets much hotter than a regular sata drive so fuck that.
I don't want to lose all my data because of a stick.

That is because 2.5" SSDs use the case as a heatsink, its a huge aluminium heatsink against a cheap cooper sticker.
If you are worried about your M2 SSD overheating get a side case fan and/or a cooper/aluminium heatsink for the SSD.

Stick on heatsinks exist, and they work well.

I am the expert installer AMA

To answer your question though, it's usually old people and people who spend mom and dads money on shit they seen on YouTube without really understanding how it works. They think slinging money at something makes it good. There are alot of like that.

I have an 8200 Pro. God tier for price to performance.

I can understand not wanting lower lifespan but why in the fuck would you ever worry about "losing data"? Why the fuck aren't you backing up the stuff you care about? Having an automatic daily backup to an HDD is extremely simple and gives you an amazing ease of mind.

lmao you're right. Imagine being so poor that you can't afford a backup disk.

Is there anything like that for virtual memory? Like, 128gb or 256gb nvme and I just set it as virtual memory/scratch disk.

How do I into sex tourism for less than $500.

>Trusting some company's mystery meat hardware encryption instead of an open software encryption method

I'd rather support Samsung than WD. The artificial HDD pricing since the Thailand flood still pisses me off. Also Samsung has been making SSDs from the start while WD just bought up companies.

some shady third world country

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147693&Description=970 pro&cm_re=970_pro-_-20-147-693-_-Product

For what I do, this was a godsend. There's no reason to get more than this much storage on a drive like this, though, since when you're done with whatever you're up to you transfer it to another drive anyway.

for one, don't be afraid to catch venereal disease, you disgusting incel fuck

If you want to fall for the sad men's then go for the non botnet one (the left one)
I recommend getting a non hornet HDD instead much faster with it's circular design

>sad men's
Fucking autocorrect
I meant SSD meme

>proprietary
KYS 50 IQ kid.

3 Bit MLC = 3 But MULTI LAYER CELLS
What they mean is the SSD and multiple layered cells, its retarded branding

All files are transferred to company servers first to determine the optimal encryption solution for each

Thailand

Attached: AFD7673E-BFAA-4466-B9CE-8273D1538D5A.gif (399x152, 135K)