Devuan

>What does Jow Forums think about Devuan?

Just started using it as my daily driver after being a lifelong Windows user, I used Ubuntu, Raspbian and Debian previously but Devuan+xfce feels pretty comfy.

Attached: Devuan-Jessie-Screenshot.png (1280x800, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

download.artixlinux.org/isos.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you got memed lol

i like it a lot, pretty nice

Sysvinit is shit

Why'd you decide to move to Devuan from Debian?

It's just Debian for people who are too lazy to uninstall systemd and set up sysvinit, plus it blacklists the few packages that actually have a systemd dependency. I use it on most of my stuff. It offers the only sane Debian based 64-bit image for the Raspberry Pi so you can take advantage of the slight speed boost of running ARMv8 code.

>xfeces
Install FVWM or something less shit. KDE also runs fine with Devuan.

How so? It boots my system without issue every single time and then goes away like it's supposed to.

Attached: 9bydsps3o9321.png (1409x1600, 2.12M)

Systemd

I grew up with Windows 2000/XP so I prefer to stick with traditional DEs like XFCE, it just werks

Sounds like a nigger OS

Attached: HE.png (480x508, 205K)

Ayyo, hol up mane! *sets down chicken bucket* Bim bup bix nood you be sayin yous be lettin dat systemd journalin eat all yo RAM? *smacks large lips and sucks grease and breading off of fingers* Install Devuan, mah nigga!

Attached: 1553485322526.jpg (1024x1024, 138K)

cringe

install Artix.
It's literally just Arch without SysD, you have your choice of RunInit or OpenRC.
Devuan like all Debian based systems are trash with decade old packages.
download.artixlinux.org/isos.php

Testing build has option for OpenRC.

Shit. Software is old af. You can rip systemD out of Debian easy enough.

>sudo apt remove --purge --auto-remove systemd
>sudo apt install sysvinit-core
Ta-da!

Isn’t that MATE not xfce?

>How so?
it runs Xorg as root.

based, slackware dropped

onions

great project,
i hope it can survive the slow collapse of debian, and provide a stable metadistribution for projects like Q4OS and exe linux for years to come.

i hate pacman as well as arch bloat

If anything it's devuan that's already collapsing, just look at the shitshow that was their april fools, this is what happens when brainwashed basedboys got together to make their own echo chamber

Works for me. I have had it on two machines here for 4 months now.

same, this

You used windows for all your life, used ubuntu for 3 days, made a very informed decision that systemd is shit and moved to Devuan? As a person who has been using Debian, Ubuntu and Arch for quite a few years now, I still don't see any negative sides of systemd except for 'muh yoonix philosophy'

competition is a virtue of its own.
do you also complain if people use bsd?

just like void with their pony faggotry, just evidence that only so ylent retards avoid systemd. Professional are grateful to their tools, these distros are toys

changing systemd for bash and onions tools is not changing anything relevant.
It accomplishes being slower and l33t to use. Gentoo vs Fedora is an example of different purposes, systemd has no other purpose than to being a tool to make things easier in every use case.