What OS to install?

Windowsfag here, Since 3.0.
Now I have bought some modded old laptop (thinkpad T420) and need to install an OS..

But hey, let do something crazy and not install Windows. So snowflakes, what OS should I install on it (i7 2670QM/16GB/1TB SSD,1080P IPS) and why should I use that OS?

Note; I am not one of those guys that likes to fuck around for hours go get some driver working, so it needs to be retard-proof. Oh, and I like eye-candy.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/distros/free-distros.en.html
youtube.com/watch?v=mBgIBF9Y6PE
youtube.com/watch?v=4QokOwvPxrE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

..and apparently, typing is not one of my best skills.

Windows 8

GNU, obviously.

install gentoo

Kubuntu is retard-proof.

WHY?

>Reddit spacing
>...Reddit Ellipses
You should install OSX

ignore all of the faggot trolls,

Fedora is pretty good for starters,
I use void for rolling and packages and
gentoo for optimizations on my T400.

If you want to start out, Fedora Everything ISO. Void is pretty noob friendly and easy to install.

Also, what might matter more to you is your desktop or window manager.

KDE -> looks like windows
GNOME -> tries to be its own thing
LXQt -> Kinda in between

as for wms, avoid the rabbithole of i3 and just start off with bspwm.

Hope this helped user

Attached: 332-archlinux-average-arch-linux-user-oh-and-did-you-29795829.png (500x495, 104K)

Ok, so a bit of spacing to keep stuff readable is called "reddit spacing". Please go and kys faggot.

Gentoo makes you a master hacker

Now this helps me a lot, thanks a million user!

Has the best programs, is POSIX, just works with most hardware, is easy to use and install.

anytime m8

*tips fedora*

KDE neon

install gentoo
thats why

wow you couldn't have given any WORSE advice.

now since you dont want to install windows, you want software to respect your freedom. first of all you should have bought a T400 so that you can install libreboot. Next, check out the list of FSF endorsed distros. I recommend gNewSense but you can install what you wish.
gnu.org/distros/free-distros.en.html

I just watched shortly some review-ish thing of it by some human with purple hair and didn't understand a single fuck of what she was explaining, so that's not gonna work.

You're a fucking retard.

Thank you too, user. I'm gonna look into that!

GNU is the easiest and simplest OS to use, so there is probably no hope for someone as stupid as you.

OH FUCK

Install TempleOS, nigger cattle.

So why is that better than tho others?

HOLY SHIT THAT LOOKS HORRIBLE

wtf are you to suggest me this, some 13-year old autistic kid?

Solus is pretty retard proof for beginners, try it out. I like it

are you attempting to be a freetard?
even so, Parabola OpenRC or deblobed gentoo are the best options for that. Void doesn't ship with proprietary software in the repos anyway. If your problem is with fedora, I understand.

Holy shit newfag go back

TempleOS is a joke around this place, Terry A Davis is an interesting person, a redditor like you should look into him.

Attached: mumfag.png (627x288, 27K)

Doing that as we speak: youtube.com/watch?v=mBgIBF9Y6PE

Many distros won't get RMS's blessings because they don't make it impossible to install nonfree software.
You can use many distros not on that list without using nonfree software at all. Unless you want to.

/thread

youtube.com/watch?v=4QokOwvPxrE
Eye candy it up Broseph Stalin

That Terry dude was hilarious. I'm gonna watch the vid you gave right now.