Samsung Dex

Will this be the end of non gaming pcs?
Thoughts in general?

Attached: dex.jpg (1200x800, 159K)

Huawei can do this too

this idea seems more normie-friendly.

Attached: razer-project-linda-laptop-ces-2018-7565.jpg (3000x2000, 712K)

I like the idea of having an all in one device

Finally we've gone full circle and returned to static terminals now, and we have sillicon valley NPC bugmen to thank for it

Just like the televisors in my orwellian dystopias

>i like the system having my it Operation At the balls

We could've had it all Jow Forums, but we got fagOS and shitdroid instead.

Attached: 1527970345973.jpg (750x750, 108K)

I wish I could replace a whole desktop with a dock and a smartphone.

Unfortunately this isn't possible due to the lack of software and development yet.. If within the span of 5 years.

I would love to roll out this system where I could hand out just a phone to my employees and that everything is protected with a fingerprint sensor instead of the stupid passwords they come up with (Password1 for example).

Now of-course this isn't a perfect world, but it's a hell lot better then a 4 digit password they have (1234, 0000, 1111)

A perfect world would include the Ubuntu project to be resumed. Or a full version of windows, or at least x86 emulation.
Now don't give me that sour look, It's easier to roll out because no one you hire has an interest in Linux or has the time to figure it out for the things they need to do, even though most of what they do is through a browser.

One way around this might be something like Samsung Dex, or that one from Huawei. And let them call into one of our servers through something like either a remote VMWare session or Teamviewer/VNC.

No need for a top of the line model then, as long as the connection is stable.

PS: I want ARM based laptops and servers, would save me a lot of energy.

Fuck me, that's actually really cool. Just remove the RGB please.

Windows is a piece of shit. We did not miss out on anything.

It'll be the death of gaming PCs too since eventually cloud gaming will be the only way forward

the phone becomes very hot when using DeX. I don't like that at all. Adequate desktops are inexpensive now and phones with powerful to support this are very expensive with inadequate heat dissipation. Maybe once we have 3nm processors, this will be viable.

Once they figure out how to do it all wirelessly and you just walk up to a monitor and keyboard and continue what you are doing. It will change the world.

Also phones need a bit more power for it to become more mainstream. We arent far off though, phones have enough power for most people.

That'll only be convincing when everyone in the nation has FTTP connections.

When Google Stadia comes out we won't have to use Steam anymore.

My body (and internet) are ready.

Attached: lol.png (1280x710, 176K)

>we
Microsoft shot themselves in the balls three times in a row when it abandoned wp6, wp7, and wp8. No support, no apps, no usage. It's a shame, though, high-end Lumias were actually good.

Don't forget Windows Mobile.

ARM Windows is worthless anyway, no .exe support.

>Will this be the end of non gaming pcs?
ARM mobile SoCs replacing gaming PCs? Are we on the same planet?

I'm already doing it.

Attached: canvas.png (640x360, 521K)

Nope, huawei can do even better with their wireless projection.
A desktop mode with no cables.

Nahhh
ya got a phone for ya phonecalls
a Desktop for ya work
a laptop if you cant use your desktop
a wallett for your money
and a cock for their pussy

>Will this be the end of non gaming pcs?
You peoples minds are very limited when thinking about what people do with pcs.

>Windows is a piece of shit. We did not miss out on anything.
You seem to be a person that only browses web and checks mail. Your opinion is not relevant.

could this be the year of the linux desktop? that is if you consider andorid/chorme-os linux

What phone do you use with it? How well does this work?

Based K380

ChromeOS is able to run Linux programs. It can install and run shit packaged in the .deb format. How well it runs remains to be seen, I've only seen it in passing when it was first being pushed out.

Note8, very well.
What do you need to know?

this is my wet dream holy shit

Wait
Why the fuck isn't it possible to use your smartphone as desktop in 2019?

Already connect my laptop to my computer via tb3. Have an egpu hidden away that gives me graphical power as well. Very comfy setup and you use the monitor to charge your laptop and can act as a usb hub

Imagine how hot those phones get, mine heats up after watching youtube for a bit.

because selling an overpriced dock with drm is what those fucking chinks want

ugh fuck off with this, its bad enough i dont technically own my games, but now they wont even be on my computer. sounds like shit.

>russia nukes US and A
>internet breaks
>cant play games anymore
nice service senpai

A friend of mine has a note 9 and still uses some ancient HP laptop so I was going to suggest he just buy a monitor for it because it'll be way faster than his current laptop, I'm just not sure how well it will work for office work. I think he has an office 365 subscription so he could still do his work from any device as long as it can handle a few tabs of spreadsheets and emails.

>how well it will work for office work
It works very great for office work.
Just get WPS or google office, the only issue is printing.

20 GB for 30 minutes of play.... 1TB per month datacaps across the nation. Just lmao

how many times does this concept have to fail before you retards realize it is a terrible idea?

This and throw in base stations with additional hardware: powerful CPUs, GPUs, lots of memory, etc. Would cover the bases in terms of different needs at work.
Alternatively, plug a phone into a desktop and use it as the boot drive and trusted credentials provider. If plugged directly into a screen, let it run the show.

Ubuntu Edge was my wet dream, but the connectors weren't there. USB-C and linux on dex is getting there.

>why can't we use our 'designated tracking device' for every aspect of our digital life yet!?

Good question. one would think the government would suck this shit up instantly.