I have problem

I have problem...
If I create backup of windows 10 and install linux, then can I restore the backup on the same partition without compatibility issues? By this I mean the fact that windows 10 creates 2 hidden partitions for own UEFI bullshit or something and I'm to scared that my backup will land in the trash.

Attached: gdgd (2).png (1366x768, 1.06M)

really? you always appear to be experts from everthing and no one know what to do?

If you create a system image (backup), install linux, and then restore the backup, it will wipe out all existing partitions and restore the full layout of your system image (all system partitions included) on the hard drive (or main system drive of same or larger size).

Your backup (standard system image in the backup and restore feature for Windows 10 which is also a part of Windows 7), will work fine, and it will restore fine as long as your system stays on UEFI (no legacy boot option).

Your Linux system will be lost upon the restoration of your backup however.

then maybe I will write my question in different way...

What will happen, when I restore the windows backup, after previously installing Ubuntu on the windows partition?

[Because I'm confused by hidden partitions windows 10 create during installation

hm... so I should not bother of these 2 partitions created by windows 10?

Just make sure you use the system image option in Windows 10 and it will restore fine, all system partitions will be restored, and your computer will boot up to Windows 10 just as you left it.

Attached: Capture.png (1186x645, 39K)

but if I decide to use aomei or acronis...they won't be restored? what the hell

If you create a System image, the hidden UEFI system partitions will be backed up too, they will also be restored when you restore the system image.

If your not using the built-in system restore option within Windows 10, then you will need to make sure to backup all partition on your main system hard drive (or SSD or whatever)

you're not entitled to tech support on anonymous penguin watching forums, boomer
off yourself, sasuge

alright...I will give it a try, eventually will just install everything from scratch [facepalm]

thank you

what if I actually am?

I've used Acronis before, just make sure to backup all of the partitions, the whole hard drive really, Acronis True image will help.

I think the built in backup and restore (system image option) works just fine for Windows 10.

>>If I create backup of windows 10 and install linux, then can I restore the backup on the same partition without compatibility issues? By this I mean the fact that windows 10 creates 2 hidden partitions for own UEFI bullshit or something and I'm to scared that my backup will land in the trash.
What are you trying to accomplish?

I want test defferent desktops without virtual machine

Then shrink the win partition and make one for linux or buy a new disk

different*

>or buy a new disk
now I understand what does that mean to hate UEFI

use your linux install key to dd the entire drive.
so no more question asked.
also why removing linux once installed

it's pretty tricky
depending on HOW you do the backup (dism, windows backup, third party like norton ghost, dd, etc) you may (or may not) run into problems with GUID when restoring. it's not something you can't fix from booting from the windows 10 DVD/USB, but it takes a little troubleshooting skills (if automatic fix doesn't repair booting, go to command prompt, then do bootrec /? and try the various options)

are you out of storage or something?
if you want to try linux, shrink your windows partition from disk management by about 40 or 50GB, then boot a linux live USB and install into the free space you made.

That's windows vista.

Backup your data and reinstall if needed, you will most likely miss 3 hours of updates anyways, so might as well start with a fresh install with all updates integrated.

>now I understand what does that mean to hate UEFI
It's just as easy to use as anything else if you're not dull.

Windows has a special partition which it has to allow you to reinstall windows in case your install breaks. It is not advised to reformat your hard drive unless you know what you are doing.

>It is not advised to reformat your hard drive unless you know what you are doing.
Thx Bill Gates.

Jesus, you're a horrible person dude.