Thoughts on Razer products?

Thoughts on Razer products?

Attached: IMG_20190516_200843.jpg (4032x1960, 2.43M)

sssssssssssuper fuckin sick bro

Attached: W1vSHN6.jpg (552x687, 67K)

run of the mill with hideous branding
fpbp

I bought a razer mousepad that permanently warped
A keyboard that broke pretty fast
A mouse that requires installing external software to disable the annoying leds

>annoying leds
Nothing wrong with tasteful rgb

I bought a mouse from Razer. Was it worth it, I really don't know. I'm expecting it to last a long time, and I can't be expected to buy a bunch of different mice and try them. It's the best mouse I've ever had, and the one I paid the most for.

I bought a Razer keyboard once. I had to install some software that required a constant Internet connection to use any of the keys beyond the standard ones. I then promptly returned it, because DRM on hardware seemed like an uncommon, ridiculous concept at the time. I vaguely recall hearing that they've changed this since, but that was all it took for me to disregard the brand from that point on. The silly branding didn't help either.

>I bought a mouse from Razer.
>I'm expecting it to last a long time

Attached: 1557975455080.jpg (200x200, 11K)

They're decent products, mainly talking about their mice and keyboards. Terrible branding though, as said

i have a deathadder from a few years ago that is no worse for wear.

Attached: more liek lazer amirite.jpg (539x960, 141K)

>Razer products

Attached: 1509500585363.jpg (1280x720, 197K)

mfw razer lole

Attached: 1514427244704.jpg (750x1076, 96K)

I’ve been using Razer products since 2008. Various mice, keyboards, headsets, and recently the purchase of a blade 13 laptop.

Right now my mouse and headset are Razer. My blade 13 is for work, and I absolutely love it. Never had any issues. Great products.

Postan from a Blade, using my BlackWidow and Naga. No issues whatsoever, had them for years. I've actually put the mouse through a fair bit of abuse and it's still holding out like a champ where I've had mice fail before. Not saying the build quality is 10/10 fantastic, but it has far more durability than I thought it would.

The logo is do ugly tho. I'm fine with a light on my mouse wheel (whish I could change the color though, but "branding")

Death adder 2013 is a good mouse. The logo is ugly af tho.

Used deathadder once, I'm not even obese or a raging faggot and the left click is broken in 9 months. Got a replacement and sold as brand new. Same happened with their keyboard.

If the quality matched with their prices, I would have no problem with using razer. I was planning to buy Razer Blade due to nice aesthetics and being a lightweight gaymen laptop but completely dropped that idea because of quality control.

Also DRM drivers are cancer. You can't even do anything with the devices without an internet connection.

somebody post the razer os

i have a 10 year old razer abyssus thats still my main mouse. simple, 2 button + wheel, no bullshit drivers. no bullshit software. have other razer mice, and also some steel series, but they all have funky drivers and only work with certain desktops/laptops but give me problems with others, but that 10 year old razer abyssus is my winrar

i also recently set up 2 razer blade laptops for a client. first time ever handling one of their laptops. one was the stealth and one was the fullsize. both were really impressive. the aluminum unibody frames are better than apple's, with nice fans on the bottom and better hardware inside. the fullsized laptop runs everything the dude wanted and the stealth(equivalent to a macbook air) ran everything his wife wanted.

cant speak for their fullsize keyboards, but their nostromo's are better than the OG belkin nostromo's(older, not as supported). very nice, customizable ergonomic single hand mini keyboard. havent tried the newer iterations that they've renamed orbweavers tho. looks like more of the same. for fullsize keyboards i like steelseries simple, default layout G6's. keys are all where they are suppose to be.

have not tried their headphones/headsets/speakers and dont plan to/need to. i use real audio equipment. the sound on the razer laptops was nice though, better than macbook pros and asus laptops i've handled.

as for all the superflous razer stuff like mousepads, led peripherals, backpacks, clothes etc, it looks like dumb cringey stuff for GAMER BRO kids.

Attached: nostromo.jpg (500x466, 29K)

oh, forgot to ask, has anyone ever seen/handled/owned a razer phone? seems like a really hilarious choice for a phone to me.

>pic related is razer stealth model i set up for the client's wife. the pink aluminum is was rly pretty IRL.

Attached: stealth-quartz-1.jpg (1500x1000, 117K)

literally the single good product they've ever shat out and the only reason it's good is because they didn't change anything.

Attached: Screen_Shot_2017_03_24_at_12.26.51_PM.jpg (1200x733, 116K)

Had an older deathadder mouse, lasted for 6 years. Now on a logitech g502.

Hold on. Is that CPU running an AIO when even your fucking VRMs are on a custom loop? What the actual fuck?

The DA is the only good optical mouse in a sea of shitty me-too mice like Zowie's or FinalMice, which somehow have even WORSE QC than Razer. The DA also feels like the OG Intellimouse, which is another plus

I have a keyboard that works well enough and a mouse that started double clicking after a year. Might try to hacksaw some Huanos into it for fun.

Razer products are not reliable. I owned 2 mice and 1 keyboard. both mice went to shit 6 months after purchase.

Keyboard still works to this day (Blackwidow 2014 model) in your case you'll get a later model, chances are it wont be as reliable. Their keycaps are fantastic.

I still don't understand to this day why do people buy shit from them. I bought their products because it was all the hype back then and they were aesthetically playing to me 7 years ago.

Deathadder Elite is the best mouse I have used so far for my grip and big hands. Also had a Blackwidow 2013 which was a good keyboard, liked it better than the Das Keyboard Model S I replaced it with. (Only downside to it was the weak rollover, which to be honest was never an issue)

I do hate Razer's bloated software. Why can't they release a lite version which stores my settings locally?

somewhat overpriced, and not sure how much they actually upped their buildquality over the years

their laptops seem to have a good quality but come with a hefty price.
Their mice are shit. I hade one and it lasted me like 3 weeks, got it changed, lasted two month and then i took back my money and bought a Logitech MX-510

B&R

I've had two deathadders, they both lasted. I've moved to a different brand this go round because I wanted to be able to customize the weight, but I was very happy with the deathadders. However, I remember having to steal mice from school because we would destroy multiple mice in a week playing Diablo and various RTS games.

I haven't figured out how people play rpgs without a Naga.

green is my pepper but it is not my razer

I don't get how people play RPGs WITH a Naga. Like how the fuck do you not misclick with so many tiny buttons at your thumb, who thought this was a better option than using a macro keyboard?

They glow in the dark

This

My only opinion comes from watching youtube eceleb videos, so naturally I think they are pure overpriced garbage which breaks within a month.

This post sponsored by razer.

Attached: ce4.jpg (827x545, 127K)

They're just okay. On one hand, the Blade Stealth/CoreV1 combo I bought from them a few years ago has aged well. However, I had to send the Stealth in for a replacement battery when it started to expand and warp the body. Their keyboards are alright, but I'm looking forward to building one that doesn't require Razer's bloatware to function properly.

Probably my favorite product of theirs has been the Razer Atheris mouse--it's put up with a lot of abuse and functions flawlessly. Also, I got their D.Va headphones just for kicks.

How are the blade laptops? Work is cucking me and I'd really like to do some gaming while constantly at hotels/not home

I used to buy naga's back when I played mmo's, they always crapped out on me after about a year, they where nice while they worked though.
Have a mech keyboard from them, bought it because I could get it way cheaper than any other mechanical keyboard, it still works after 5 years and spilling things on it twice
My friend bought headphones from them (lol), they actually sound ok, can obviously buy way better quality headphones cheaper, but not sure if you can with a built in mic.

>razer abyssus
can't recommend this at all when logitech has the g203 for half the price and higher quality.
I used the razer abyuss for 3 years, after 2 years the middle scroll wasent working properly, I got a new one and the same thing happened but just in a few weeks.

Same, also the rubber coating got scraped off and became all gross and sticky.
Worst mouse I ever owned.

There really isn't any compelling reason to buy any of razer's products. The three main items they sell are mice, keyboards, and headsets, and none of them are any good.
Their keyboards use cherry knockoff switches and have nonstandard layouts so it's difficult to replace the keycaps with your own. Additionally, they don't come with double shot PBT keycaps, so they will absorb oils and become shiny much faster than higher quality caps. They're also known to break frequently.
They're not really bad on their own, but you could find something better for the same or even less. It just wouldn't look as flashy.

As for their mice, the only downside I can give is that they break quickly. Logitech has the best mouse sensor currently and their products are much more reliable than any of razer's.

Headsets are all trash and you shouldn't buy one at all.

that's pretty broad.
>mice
Overpriced but they're okay.
>headsets
Also overpriced. They're iffy but usually alright.
>keyboards
Absolutely horrible. Razer switches are shit, build quality is terrible, and the PCBs are known to be faulty

The pc was an ongoing project, I had the AIO before the loop and when I did the loop I just left the cpu outside, partly because the logo on the AIO fits the build so nicely.