Humble Bundle - Vegas Pro 15 Edit for $25

Is Vegas Pro a good video editing software Jow Forums? It's currently included in The Humble Software Bundle in the $25 tier. Tempted to get it

>humblebundle.com/software/vegas-pro-even-more-rebundle?hmb_source=receipt_page&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_1_layout_index_1_layout_type_threes_tile_index_2_c_vegasproevenmore_softwarerebundle

Attached: vegaspro.jpg (913x455, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>youtube poop tier software

Recommend a better alternative

After effects :^]

>pays for editing software

Vegas USED to be really good, when it was SONY VEGAS, since it got sold to their new chinese owners they actually stripped a huge amount of features and made the software significantly worse.
It currently is not worth it, no.

Still costs less than renting Adobe premiere monthly, I think I'm going for it so that I can have a decent editing software always available

>15
The current version is 16, though.

Adobe is disgusting bloatware.

>paying for software
JUST
pirate it

Kdenlive

Very worth it.
>they actually stripped a huge amount of features
Why are you telling lies on the internet?

I usually would, but you can choose to donate as much as 100% of it to charity so I'll support the cause

>so that I can have a decent editing software always available
You word it like you don't even use it at all, stop impulse-buying crap.

blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/

I kind of liked shotcut myself.

So what is a GOOD video editing software then? I've just been using premier this whole time.

It's one of the best editors I've used in terms of actually just editing clips and adding low-level effects. It's capable of almost everything After Effects is, just nowhere near as efficiently or easily. It's absolutely wonderful to use for timeline editing or compositions but if you're looking to do a ton of actual visual effects it's not great. If all you want to do is literally edit video files or make shit for youtube it's perfect and that's a great price.

There's literally no point in having the latest version, they almost never add anything worthwhile. I'm still on 13 and it does everything I want and more.

Premiere is solid, just pirate it.

this. stop blowing your cash on garbage software that youll just have to pay for again when vegas 25 or whatever is released and yours is dropped.

Not OP but if I want to just make videos for youtube is this the cheapest I can get away with and easy enough to use?

From where? I had assumed most pirated software and movies was just full of viruses these days.

Premiere + AE is pretty much the best in terms of features.
However, be prepared to have a bunch of Adobe processes running at all times, even after you "uninstall" that shit.

If you don't need that exact functionality, Vegas can be a saner choice.

I've found rutracker to be trustworthy despite looking like a shady russian forum, just remember to follow the instructions like blocking the adobe stuff in the firewall and such.

The latest version 16 is what's really worth it, although they seem to only do humble bundles for the last versions, so you'll have to wait till 17, you can easily pirate all the older versions up till 16 where they patched the default methods people used. 16 adds motion tracking support and motion graphic support making it competitive with after effects, otherwise 15 is fine. 15 afaik only really adds a dark theme.

This isn't true at all, atleast when sony owned it and so far Magix has been doing great actually making Vegas competitive again. Otherwise you could still get away with using Vegas 9.

Kdenlive is dogshit for anyone who wants to do more than cut some clips together. If you actually think it's a viable competitor than you clearly have never done anything other than cut some shitty generic youtube video. Besides, why not just pirate it? It's just as easy as installing kdenlive. A 12 year old makes a tutorial for it every day.

Real question- why not just use DaVinci Resolve? Shits free and has an assload of features. Started using it over Premiere for general editing. Am I missing something?

I wanted to try it, but it's bloated as fuck, it wanted to install some drivers and shit... fuck all that nonsense.

>Shits free
Mind pointing me to its source code and free, open source license?

He said it's free to obtain not free for you to play hackerman by launching your autistic text editor at a source code you can't even pretend to comprehend.

windows movie maker

why not use davinci? its free

damn, they really need to make an ida pro humble bundle already

All I know is this humble bundles always include outdated software or limited paid editions so that you end up paying for a full pro license
Been there

It's Vegas Pro 15 "Edit" which is both outdated and it's the cheapest version.

Then it def checks
I bought like 2 years ago one that included a bunch of desktop customization stuff... Basically everything was legacy editions with no updates whatsoever and snake oil garbage to "tune up your pc"