Wine 4.0

>wine 4.0
>suddenly, all my winblows apps are working on linux
I think "the year of Linux desktop" may not be a meme anymore.

Attached: This Baby Munchkin Kitten Will Melt Your Heart (1080p_30fps_H264-128kbit_AAC)_1.webm (1920x1080, 2.95M)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/PhoenicisOrg/phoenicis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Does 3d studio max work?

eg what winblows apps?

>the year of the Linux Desktop is about running Windows software
Pathetic.

What did wine 4.0 change?

kek

Paint and IE

Yeah. I moved my PlayOnLinux installs from 3.something to 4.8 and some UI bug I had but never cared about suddenly disappeared.

translating dx into vulkan instead of oGL and dx12 support + more shit under the hood

Im getting so pissed off at windows ten I'm probably just gonna bite the bullet and do it anyways regardless of the inconvenience because it's surely less

Is PlayOnLinux still actively updated?

it is the year of linux desktop

>ubuntu
>virtualbox with win7
>shitposting and gaming like normal
>oppies got a virus!
>delete clone and reclone original
>back to shitposting and gaming in less than 5 mins

Attached: Gecko Assembly.webm (638x438, 2.97M)

Yes. They're moving to a significantly worse release, but v4 still works. I don't need it for anything other that it's easy to use interface and it fetches the list of latest WINE versions automatically. It's just a GUI for WINE installing, it doesn't even need active development.

arent u using wine 4.8 protonified yet?
if its got proton in the name its developed by valve

nope its not updated
Lutris is where its at now

If you're referring to then no. PlayOnLinux doesn't list proton builds.
I also doubt proton uses 4.8 since valve is slow to move to the latest wine versions.

im playing battlefield V with wine ge xaudio protonified 4.8 right now senpai
on lutris

>virus

Aside from your mem post, that is the most idiotic setup I've ever heard.

I find Lutris more difficult to use desu. The only useful thing it has is pre-made install scripts for a bunch of games, but I'd still rather have a simple "select an exe and that's it" install process and the ability to easily manage separate windows partitions/wine directories.

you can use exe's
and u can customise games to any wine version u want

on the left side of the screen u can install any wine version u want

it literally took me less than 1 hour to figure out lutris u fucking brainlet

>add 4.8-staging
>it's measurably slower than 4.0

Fucking why?

use protonified 4.8 u pleb

Proton is even worse, it doesn't even run VTMB properly.

gay game
are u gay user?

the only thing preventing me from switching to linux is adobe creative suite. i am a heavy user of illustrator/indesign/photoshop. can you use hot keys in those programs through wine? is it stable? like i wont lose my work?

Attached: MW-FY191_airpla_20171113100418_ZH[1].jpg (890x501, 98K)

have u tried gimp?
maybe u can pirate adobe and run it on wine or a vm

Sure why not.

>have u tried gimp?
Don't say that even as a joke man.

You can use Photoshop CC through Wine 94% OK, you will occasionally get "Program Error" errors (not totally uncommon on Windows either) and if you've committed ctrl+alt+shift+s for save to web, you're in for a bad time since save to web usually kills it. (although save to web is deprecated anyway) Hardware acceleration works properly and everything.
I don't know about illustrator or indesign.

What about dependency management?
>you can use exe's
The only thing I saw was "select the game's exe" when you try and add a game, which implies you need an already installed game. And Lutris has a less convenient way of managing virtual drives/wine bottles. I just find POL's install process more intuitive.

It took me less than 5 minutes to figure out PlayOnLinux. I'm not switching to something I find less convenient until POL literally refuses to run.

CC is cancer. You should either use CS4/CS5 or take the bullet and switch to GIMP.

Lutris is also "5 less minutes to figure out" if you aren't completely braindead.

until you try to install something offline

>GIMP
What is it about this crap that makes people unironically try to pass it off as a go-to replacement for photoshop? It's by far the worst FOSS program I've ever used and I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy.

>b-but installing offline is even harder
jesus christ are you really this dumb? it's pretty much the same process.

You will have all those problems + no hardware acceleration

Use Krita then

wow linux is such garbage

Ok now listen very carefully and answer me.
Is Office 2016 working without major issues?

i never know if these posts are serious or memeing

Yes no one actually uses some of the most popular computer programs in the world, they are just trolls.
I mean seriously, who even uses a computer for anything other than screenfetch threads?

> popular == good
> popular == no alternative

>apps
Stop using this gay term

>> popular == good
that's literally how it works when you do serious work in a field instead of downloading applications to be a poser

Pay for Crossover ;)

>popular == good
Not necessarily but yes Adobe has many great programs.
>popular == no alternative
Linux doesn't have good Photoshop alternatives, don't even try mentioning GIMP because it's a fucking joke.

I thought it was gonna get stepped on.

There will never be the year of the linux desktop unless linux becomes an operating system.

every year is the year of linux, because it just gets better, unlike other popular OSs that takes two steps backward for each step forward

based

>using a vm is idiotic

How new are you?

I fucking hate mono and all of its crap.
Would it be possible to make a DXVK-like approach for .NET so it ties directly to your native .NET core? I'm not sure how feature compatible it is with framework.
Sorry, I'm just throwing shit ideas around.

PlayOnLinux is now called phoenicis.org
github.com/PhoenicisOrg/phoenicis

>run Office at 100% CPU
wew year of loonix is here

>Windows add virtual linux support
>Windows wins just leave linux
>Linux adds support for windows programs
>Pathetic

>2019
>He still uses windows apps

Attached: 1511043360223.jpg (400x541, 26K)

Kill yourself please and make space for another poster with a brain

>apps
You know what you have to do.

Accept it because people have called program "apps" since at least the fucking 80s?

Dumb kid.

I was >quoting (OP)

Attached: 1532359600861.gif (342x342, 777K)

What mental disorder do you have? Just curious.

The one that makes you super salty.

I really don't think you want to be licking me, but if you have to.

i guess you didnt had common sense 2018

At windows it's kiss.
At Linux installing wine with all tweaks to run a program is a pain.

VM clones are specifically so you can download cracked software that is filled to the brim with hostile viruses. I think my last VM clone had like 1,200 infected files before I deleted it and made another. Just don't do financial shit or use your main social media shit on one you are running cracked shit on like a fucktard.

>it's easier to run a multiplayer anticheat DRM windows game on lignux than a linux fork (Android) game
REEEEEEEEE how do I get my gacha boatsluts on lignux

Attached: 0d3d25130d6ed982d7786a986147b84f.png (750x1039, 866K)

>dxvk, d9vk, esync, faudio
What a time to be alive. We still need something that unfucks .NET tho.

Attached: 1555016468885.jpg (630x890, 102K)

anybody know why VNs work so badly? checked some on protondb and so many don't work or don't show videos apparently

>don't show videos
WMA/WMV patents. Apparently the wine devs know how to get them working but are not sure if they can distribute it. You can compile faudio with wma support yourself for example.

^

>move to linux because I barely even play video games anymore
>the few multiplayer games I play occasionally all work just fine (except league now)
>I have a ps4 collecting dust if I have that AAA garbage itch
>indie games usually work or maybe even have native version
Tim Epic can fuck off tho.

>read the fantastic news
>update Ubuntu's ppa
>wine staging upgrades from 3.26 to 4.8
>program A, which had ignorable graphic glitches now works flawlessly. Program B now opens but can't start for some reason.
>purge wine, delete all related folders
>install wine stable 4.0
>A now has much worse graphics glitches, the entire screen except for the recently interacted elements gets fucked with every mouse movement. B now works again.
One step forward, one step back.

If only you could install both at the same time.

Attached: post-made-by-the-lutris-gang.png (256x256, 14K)

Oh, forgot this existed. Thank you based linoone.

there is no free-tard alternative to indesign.

why the fuck would someone pay for an office suite, if it's your job they would give it to you retard

yeah, like what the fuck is a designer doing browsing Jow Forums if they give no fucks about technology enough to care or bother with linux.
Or fucking at least buying a shitbox to test it

What are you talking about, retard?
I wanna use a pirated version of Office 2016 or 365 on Linux without issues. Who said anything about paying for an office suite?

this is the real question right here

and why do you want to use such a piece of shit software if you are not obligated? lmao stupid faggot
just use libreoffice or latex

>citation needed

>calls office a piece of shit
>proceeds to list even shittier software
The absolute state of (You)

Attached: 1552422965298.gif (746x479, 196K)

It may be a shit software, but still is the best Office Suite around.
Libreoffice is completely crap compared to MS Office, and Latex is a no-go for pure text.
Fuck off.