Wake up

>Wake up
>This is your new computer
How fucked are you?

Attached: IBM_PC_5150.jpg (1024x740, 275K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hartetechnologies.com/manuals/Cromemco/Cromemco 4FDC Manual 1977.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

if it comes with a manual i'm fine

Talk about underage.

as if i care to remember how to use DOS, retard

>wipe disk
>install Gentoo
>go on a five-week holiday while everything compiles
not too bad

my dog knows how to use DOS. in my estimation 100% of retards can use DOS.

Weee, I'm five again!
Thank God I can now undo all the mistakes that I made in my later life.

Not fucked at all, I'll just use my older computer since you didn't specify whether it got replaced or not

I could sell it for a quick buck.
I’d keep the keyboard, though, those things are fucking orgasmic to type on.

dir
run the .com file
edit the .txt file.

i'm not asking for a manual on how to cd or use fdisk retard, i would want to know the best way to edit text (yes I know about edit), how to write basic programs for it etc

my dog could write a basic program xD

I'd sell the IBM Model F on eBay and buy a new computer.

But can it run Crysis?

That would nice, user. Time to buy a dox matrix printer, and a mouse. This though.

Gentoo won't run on an 8088.

>100% of retards
* dribbles behind you *
how DOS werk?

Fucking awesome, I always wanted one

It just needs a little tweaking

Suuuuuuure buddy. Lemme know if you've done it. Only thing I can think of offhand is ELKS, but that's been dead for a while IIRC.

How old am I?

people born in 2001 are 18 now nigger

PC/IX would work nicely.

I appreciate the response, but I specifically meant a linux kernel for use with Gentoo.
Unless I'm missing something.

I grew up with IBMs PS/2 so it shouldn't be that bad

Screwed up my yous of course

but, they did come with a manual. One for the computer, one for the OS, and one each for whatever program you wanted to use with it unless they were a packaged deal then there was only one manual for the extra programs.

Attached: 428px-IBM_DOS_1.1_Manual_and_Disk.jpg (428x599, 38K)

We had those in school, they were bought to replace the Commodore PET 2001s.

spotted the clueless fucking zoomer cancer. you fucking idiots just get dumber as the days roll by. 100% embarrassing.

>How fucked are you?
i'd be just fine, however, zoomer cancers would be necking themselves en masse.

that machine was great for the time. funky looking too. like something out of a scifi television show.

I would install VGA card and do qbasic shit

Its only a slight downgrade.

Attached: new-blinds.jpg (6000x4000, 2.81M)

C.STAR.STAR

I'm fine

god that looks so comfy
>ywn be a computer enthusiast in the 80s

You'll still end up liking traps tho.

Why dedicate an entire desk to that hunk of shit? And a phone and printer there as if you intended on actually sitting and doing work motherfucking lol.

Because I have a 3 bedroom house to myself.

I used to curl up with the MS-DOS 5.0 user guide during stormy nights in the dorm.

Does it come with a compiler
I'm not good at assembly

jokes on u, I already use arch linux
I wont even notice a difference

this user is either insufferable or based, there's no middle-ground

I'd be FUCKING PUMPED!

get to play around with something I wish I never got rid of.

Fucking based.
When ?

do I get to keep my expansion unit

Attached: 5160+5161.jpg (838x1280, 90K)

Fucked?

Since it's the first computer ever used, I'd be fine. This is a conversation I have constantly with my coworkers that ask what computer is gud. What (if anything) do you use your computer for now that you didn't 20 years ago? Work, word processing, internet, and games. The only difference is massively increased power to run massively inefficient code. I have come to terms with the fact that one of the reasons I spend time on Jow Forums is to get a taste of that late 90's peak internet feel.

Someone's an Apple (II) fag.

>one of the reasons I spend time on Jow Forums is to get a taste of that late 90's peak internet feel.
It doesn't even feel late 2000s to me, too many faggot redditors, epic memers, marketing and youtube ecelebrity bullshit.

That's where I would write my manifesto of why I griefed your minecraft server.

Attached: honky honk.gif (450x253, 966K)

I can hear those MFMs spinning up.

man I hope so. 80s was a blast, being carefree and shit and always outside playing with other kids. tho, it would be a mindfuck if that happens to me. suddenly retaining the memories from the old me but not having the grasp to fully understand the consequences with the reasoning of a five year old. but little by little, understanding what those memories meant as I grow old again.

very, can't accomplish anything with this shit but I'm sure there's some retard here who thinks he's really smart is going to say: Sure no problem I'll just use lotus 123 and connect to BBSes, no you fucking won't you fat neckbeard piece of shit.
Oh here we go
You dumb fucks do you really think you can do anything PRODUCTIVE with this piece of shit? Don't get me wrong it looks good and all but you can't do ANYTHING with it. What's the point of using a word processor or a spreadsheet if the only medium you can use are fucking 5.25 floppies??!?? The only valid answer is

they really were, the Cromemco Z2-D manual came with circuit diagrams and various drivers in asm

I remember my father modding the floppy drivers to run at maximum speed it was capable rather than the recommend - used to shriek and grind when you did it but it copied fast as fuck.

Has a lear seigler terminal - first computer i ever used, good times, good time.

hartetechnologies.com/manuals/Cromemco/Cromemco 4FDC Manual 1977.pdf

this makes me a happy neckbeard

Talk about underage

>underage calls other underage
Ironic

Actually, I'd rejoice. This is before my time and I'd love to experience more computer history.

i guess it's time to get out of my house and play a sport or something

>90's peak internet feel.
It wasn't meant to be like this.

Not too bad. It isnt a Tandy 1000 but I can work with it.

I can use DOS just fine. I was raised on that shit. I'm also a Linux professional too. Not afraid of a command line. 33 y/o boomer here.

Attached: flanders_aok.jpg (257x196, 8K)

Not fucked at all.

That is an IBM 5150 XT. The cheapest one on ebay is $400 ("buy it now") and I will sell that thing same day for $300 and get a nice thinkpad instead.

Attached: loq97dop40e21[1].jpg (3456x4608, 1.02M)

absolutely not fucked
communicate with john titor and go to the future

I used a shitty DOS window manager for a while, can't be too hard

Kind of bummed as at the moment my backup USB seems to be dead so I'd be losing a good amount of data, but this is probably worth more than the computer I'm currently using so if I don't keep it around for curiosity's sake I'd be able to sell it and buy something better than what I had before.