Why is arch so fucking good

I made a post yesterday about how you shills won over me and i'm installing but i was angry at how much you shilled it. But holy shit you were right. It's so goddamn fast. This is the first time i experienced a below 15 second boot time without an ssd and on a corelet computer AND i made sure to enable all the services I would imagine using with systemd at startup just to test it.
Thanks shils! keep on shilling

Attached: 2019-05-16-150945_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 1.2M)

Other urls found in this thread:

anarchylinux.org/download/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

-____-

np m8!
nice desktop btw

Congratulations, yet another bandwagoning arch NPC. Yawn.

Fedoras is the better arch core alternative for literally any single person about to suggest arch forks. If you don't plan on running latest kernel, or don't need to flip between multiple, you don't actually need either. Since hundreds of nerds echo "muh AUR" but never stop to say what it actually is; on ANY Linux distro, software that isn't available through core or unnoficial repositories must be compiled and downloaded, in either order, and will not be updated by the package manager. If you got source code, dependencies, whatever it is, you can have it on any Linux distro. However, rebuilding every update is cumbersome as fuck for software that actually needs it. AUR allows community members to upload either build scripts or precompiled packages for software that arch core won't maintain, croudsourcing update maintanence for popular software. Any AUR software you see could easily be in core or unnoficial repositories on any distro, whether or not it's the latest version is another story. Fedora does purport bleeding edge, and with RPM Fusion probably covers the vast majority of software dominating AUR traffic, but anything else you need you either update manually or manage through those weird app Dockers like flatpak and, docker too pretty sure

Attached: 1553989293520.jpg (1366x1366, 209K)

To clarify, this was to inb4 literally anyone suggesting install any version of arch other than core with an installer. Fedora Kernel and software releases are slower than Arch, but by a factor of days to weeks as opposed to months and years of software intended for stability

*Or without an installer/script

Install gentoo

shill it enough right now and i will
I'm easily convinced

Read

Attached: small pinus arch logo.png (383x321, 25K)

All distros are shit, just use the one that works better for you.

desktop picture is bloat
just use a black screen like me
i even have a top of the line pc but bloat is bloat

imagine being this sour you're too brainlet to install a good distro.

>too brainlet to waste a hell of a time in void

I actually spend a lot of the time in the tty not using a graphical environnement since I can use mpd and ncmpcpp there to listen to music and use vim+latex for writing shit.

just use i3, theres no point in being in tty1 when i3 only uses 10 megabytes of ram
then u can multitask too

I know right? Arch is so customizable and can be built from scratch to your own specs and needs. Plus Arch Linux has its own regularly updated repositories. And is more stable than a very boring bank manager, that stable. Unbreakable. Well, unless you mess up pacman haha.

Attached: archdesktop6-6.jpg (1106x622, 95K)

It's not shilling. Everyone just likes it.

i am using i3, it's in the OP
I'm just so easily distracted sometimes i need the minor inconvinience of not being to access Jow Forums so easily because of based i3 setups

Is there a pre-built Arch ISO or something? I don't know how to build it myself.

do u know what any of the words in ur post mean

You know your boot time would be faster if you used Clear Linux instead.

you could install arch , which is frankly the easy part. Then use some script to automatically configure it.
A popular one out their is luke smith's LARBS. But i don't recommend doing this. The whole advantage of linux comes from configuring everything to your taste and getting rid of shit you don't want nor need.
If you don't agree with this just install manjaro or antegros

just use antergos or manjaro or something.

install Artix.
It has a simple installer so you don't have to do the regular arch install.
And you don't have to be stuck with the SysD menace.

anarchylinux.org/download/
is basically the old ncurses installer arch used to have