"user, why did you apply to this job if you can't even explain quicksort?"

"user, why did you apply to this job if you can't even explain quicksort?"

Attached: 1549730354060.jpg (1280x720, 252K)

because the application said javascript developer.

because modern languages have default sorting functions

I can fizzbuzz

The qsort function in the C standard library is older than the C language. The manual for qsort in Unix V3 reads:

SYNOPSIS (base of data in r1)
(end+1 of data in r2)
(element width in r3)
jsr pc,qsort

I want that coffee mug.

Because I came to ask a question. Is your office open plan?
>Yes, it is. We really enjoy the sense of collaboration and team cultu-
This interview is over. Rest assured, I'll call you if I'm interested. If you call me I will contact the police. Please show me the exit.

I'm cute, so I expect you to handhold-teach me over years with great pay and compliments. I feel I'm exactly what you want here.

I could, but I don't put up with this shit at all. Not out of some narcissistic pride, but because questions about sorting algorithms is an enormous waste of valuable interviewing time; it shows they're hiring poorly. If employers give moronic questions and puzzles to candidates then who will they hire? Moronic puzzle solvers and kids who cram on common interview algorithms.

If they don't ask me to show them past work, and questions about debugging, refactoring, architecture, and coordinating teamwork, it's an enormous red flag that my co-workers would be totally incompetent. I'd only consider working for such a place for massively more money than I'd otherwise take, because I know half my time will be spent hand holding retards, and that's really not what I want to do on a daily basis.

It just werks though. It weeds out dumbasses and those without work ethic. Also weeds out a lot of great, experienced devs, but when you have as much money as the tech giants it doesn’t really matter.

because it's just a feature factory and that i'm pretty good at

>when you have as much money as the tech giants it doesn’t really matter.
I don't like working for companies where I'm developer #4729, and such hiring literally only works in that kind of environment. Where shit developers can do absolutely minimal damage because it's impossible to do anything without a task changing hands five times and being reviewed twice. I enjoy autonomy and leeway on design. I'm not a fucking code monkey. The companies I interview for generally have less than 50 developers, usually more like 10-30. Work is much, much more fulfilling when you have a small tight knit design and implementation team staffed with real engineers, and you can trust everyone will do their work effectively without adding technical debt.

based

>work ethic
in other words how submissive you are

It sorts, quickly retard.

I agree, but the money and work life balance is hard to pass on user. When you get paid 300k at 25 with free breakfast, lunch, dinner and gym and “work” 10 hours a week, you are free to pursue true financial independence through a solo business.

Where the fuck are you paid 300k to be a mindless code monkey, only capable of solving toy problems for 10 hours a week? It's a total fantasy.

google, ms with more years of experience

You do not get 300k at Google by being a regular ass 25 year old and passing their puzzle interview process. You get it by being a total and obvious prodigy, and being lucky that someone in the hiring process has a brain in their skull to notice. If you're not lucky then you end up like homebrew boy.
You only get that at Microsoft by also being a badass literal and unironic 10x developer and having the experience and track record to prove it.

your offer at big tech companies is not based on skills it's based on being able to solve interview problems for your target level, and having competing offers (which is a function of how good your resume/network is and your ability to solve interview problems). when I interviewed they did not ask me a single technical question about my past experience. once you have the job you just have to meet your expectations for the review period which can be pretty easy depending on the team, and MS and google are more lax than other top tech companies. levels.fyi shows l4 engineers can get $300k with a strong offer, or you can get it by being promoted to l5/senior. ms is not on par but it's still within the top of their senior swe band.

Because I wanted your cup.

Attached: 1505321272165.jpg (1024x576, 57K)

I'm a programmer, not a mathematician.

Because I only use the best sort, sleepsort.

"Programmers" who don't understand the most fundamental of computer science should be considered bad programmers. You will excuse not knowing high school algebra by "not being a mathematician."

Because it's an entry level helpdesk position.

bnr

Because I get paid for googling things, not reimplementing already implemented algorithms

Youre not cute and you will never be cute. Now go neck yourself faggot.

everyone does that nowadays so good luck finding a job. best you can do is have a small room with your team. that is unless you're a freelancer of course.

HAHAHAHAHAHA is this how disconnected normies are? A new grad in the bay area can get 200k if he nets two or more competing offers. Within 2 years, you’ll get SDE II with a big pay bump. This is where most stay for another 4 to 6 years, SDE III might make up to 400k.

Face it gramps, you fucked up. Go LeetCode, see you in the valley soon.

i never get an interview at those companies where i could just disappear in a crowd

i didn't study for the interview

fpbp