Upgrading RAM on a ThinkPad
>Use screw driver to remove X screws
>Remove the top chassis and keyboard
>Replace RAM

Upgrading RAM on an HP Elitebook
>Unlatch magnesium backplate
>Upgrade RAM

Why do people recommend Lelnovo again?
Pic related, superior HP build quality compared to chinkshit Lelnovo.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 114K)

Pic related. How you upgrade RAM on a ThinkPad
>JUST

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

welcome to the chinkpad cult

b-b-but my brand that belonged to ibm 15 years ago

>Upgrading RAM
The MacBook does not have this problem.

DELETE THIS

The keyboards on HPs are shittier, otherwise they're equal or superior to chinkpads
Unfortunately you hardly ever need to swap RAM on most scenarios, however I do consider heatsink cleaning and repasting infinitely better on chinkpads

>>Remove the top chassis and keyboard
If you don't know what the fuck you're doing maybe. The keyboard is held in by a single screw that's also for the expansion bay at the center of the laptop. You can literally slide the keyboard up and out like in once you remove that screw and the ram is right underneath it. You can also conveniently clean the fan in the same manner.

>Have to remove layers of shit to remove the heatsink on a ThinkPad
>It's wide open and easy to access on the HP Elitebook

I know it's bait but for anyone wondering that's just the additional slots on T and W (maybe P)-series thinkpads.
They all have a cover on the bottom that can easily be removed to access 2 RAM slots.

Attached: assburger.png (463x660, 357K)

>The keyboard is held in by a single screw
There's zero screws between you and your RAM on an Elitebook

>You can literally slide the keyboard up and out like in (You)
Lmao, as I said you need to remove the keyboard (which has an easily damageable ribbon cable) to upgrade the RAM.

>You can also conveniently clean the fan in the same manner.
You can easily clean the heatsink on an Elitebook by removing the backplate. See the OP image, in the top left corner.

>Y-You have access to SOME of your RAM
Lmao, instead of just having access to ALL of it.

Heh, no it doesn't. Literally.

You telling me that backplate has no screws? I clearly see a screw hole right in the center of it. Also where's the fucking keyboard drainage channels?

It's unfortunate yes but with that HP elitebook you wouldn't even have the option of those additional slots.

Attached: 1541146177828.png (900x900, 382K)

That hole on the bottom is the drainage channel.

Attached: 2019.05.16_20-21-57.png (1452x430, 109K)

Thinkpads used to be gems in a sea of shit and still are great machines. That being said, I think we are currently in a renaissance of laptops - partially due to pressure from chromebooks and macbooks. I'll get some hate here, but honestly, compare the range of choices and price points on laptops now with the selection ten years ago.

Latitude is the superior thinkpad

Because upgrading RAM is not something you do often and it is still a simple task on a Thinkpad, even if it takes longer.

Yeah, I meant HP's, cleaning chinkpads has been hellish since at least 2005

The HP will shit itself before it needs a RAM upgrade. 5 years from now somebody will want to upgrade their E6440 to 16G RAM, while Elitebook 840 G3s are melted back into toasters.

damn, that's baller
I have one of these laptops and didn't even know that.
also the night light is so incredibly weak and worthless. can't believe somebody took the time to design it.

I have a 2012 elitebook (8470p) that's been going strong forever now. I'm pretty sure I can even upgrade the RAM to 32GB with 2x16 modules, based on the processor specs (according to HP it's 16GB max). need to try it.

had the 840 g4, incredibly sensible machine, took abuse, easy to upgrade shit. 8/10

That isn't a universal thing on Elitebooks, either. That said, it is very nice to have, and I wonder why it's not more common.

I have the 8770W. I know that mine can take up to 32GB of DDR3 RAM. But right now, I'm sitting fine with 16GB.

>There's zero screws between you and your RAM on an Elitebook
That's because you lost that red safety screw, Idiot.

Attached: IMG_20190517_113300.jpg (2448x3264, 814K)

Only if you have an 4-core/8-thread i7. Anything lower, even 2core i7 - two slots are blanks.

I don't know what model you are talking about, but for these currently relevant models, the method to remove the keyboard are as follows:

T480/A485/T580: Unscrew 2 screws on the bottom, slide the keyboard out

L480/T480s/E480/E490/E485/E495/T490/T490s/T495/T495s/E495s/E585/E595/E590/T590:
Prise open the trackpoint left-click and right-click buttons, activate 2 tabs, unscrew 2 screws and slide the keyboard out

Let's not forget SOLDERED RAM for 9 series

S O L D E R E D R A M

HP heat dissipation is shit.

On consumershit pavilion range. Elitebooks are much better.

I agree on my 8460p the hinges have come odd despite the fact i never use it shining light into my eye

Mine doesn't have any issues with heat. It's one of the coolest running laptops I've ever owned.

>can't solder
State of Jow Forums

>S O L D E R E D R A M
That's a nupad thing and I don't think anyone on Jow Forums seriously defends that.

>I don't think anyone on Jow Forums seriously defends that.
and then there's this faggot

>elitebook
No thanks.
>Running excel on 2GB GPU because elitebooks cannot into nvidia optimus in their top tier line. Intel graphics is soldered to mobo but is never used.
>Connect external monitor and AC to hp elitebook
>fan instantly runs on full speed and never stops despite of actual temperatures, because retarded firmware